Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2009, 09:54 AM   #76
Kimberly815
DIS Veteran
you can call us Mr. and Mrs. ChuckleDoodle!

I can't wait to try out Toy Story Mania. All the reviews are stellar!

The Osborne Lights look lovely! When I was there around the holidays it was just a quick 2 day thing, so we only did MVMCP and Epcot. Another excuse to go during the holidays. Hmmm, I wonder what it would take to convince DH?

That filet at Jiko sounds delicious! I have always wanted to try Jiko (we actually almost did on our honeymoon). We are pretty adventurous eaters and they have some interesting dishes. But the price tag and the reviews of very slow service have stopped me so far. Maybe someday!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:36 AM   #77
happybratpack
Just Maryann :)
Hasn't had a curseless WDW trip in 5 years

I was kicking the idea of Jiko around for this trip but that's the second review I've read about being crammed in w/ it empty. I can't stand that, I'm with you about personal space!

Great TSM pics.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #78
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly815 View Post
I can't wait to try out Toy Story Mania. All the reviews are stellar!

The Osborne Lights look lovely! When I was there around the holidays it was just a quick 2 day thing, so we only did MVMCP and Epcot. Another excuse to go during the holidays. Hmmm, I wonder what it would take to convince DH?

That filet at Jiko sounds delicious! I have always wanted to try Jiko (we actually almost did on our honeymoon). We are pretty adventurous eaters and they have some interesting dishes. But the price tag and the reviews of very slow service have stopped me so far. Maybe someday!
I bet it wouldn't take much to convince him. Just show him all the pics! I'm glad I tried Jiko but I probably wouldn't go back unless it was on the DDP. The food was very yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybratpack View Post
I was kicking the idea of Jiko around for this trip but that's the second review I've read about being crammed in w/ it empty. I can't stand that, I'm with you about personal space!

Great TSM pics.
I found this pic of Jiko on allearsnet.com. If you look over to the right of that column, thats the bench seating we were on. See how close those 2 chairs are? Thats how close DF and the CM girl were. The rest of the tables further to the right were empty all night. Just way too close for me.
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 01-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #79
A's Princess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
For dessert, I had the Million Dreams dessert which was passionfruit panna cotta with roasted pineapple, spiced caramel, and coconut-curry sorbet and Dan had the Tanzanian Chocolate Cheesecake.
I think I gained a pound reading about these desserts! Toy Story Mania sounds like so much fun - you are making want to plan another trip reading your report!
Old 01-12-2009, 11:09 AM   #80
Jennifer48

Quote:
Originally Posted by A's Princess View Post
I think I gained a pound reading about these desserts! Toy Story Mania sounds like so much fun - you are making want to plan another trip reading your report!
I'm starting to think that Walt actually wanted WDW large enough so we could all pig out and then walk it off later
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 01-12-2009, 04:24 PM   #81
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Awesome update! I love your pictures of Pixar Place and Toy Story Mania. I don't think I noticed the Battleship board in the little shop. I have to say TSM is probably one of my new favorite rides too. Like my dad said, it's one that you can ride again and again! And you got some amazing pictures of the Osborne Lights. They are gorgeous!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 01-13-2009, 12:10 PM   #82
Jennifer48

Magic Kingdom

Thursday December 4, 2008

Cinderellaís Royal Table was our breakfast plans this morning. We had ADRs for 8:10a. I wanted to be in the park before rope drop but that didnít happen because there were so many people in the bag check lines. We watched the opening ceremony from the line and just made it in time for our ressie. We took our photo with Cindy and headed upstairs. I have to vent here for a second. This is the 2nd time weíve eaten at CRT where the photos were part of the package. Neither time were we given a sword/wand for the ďspecial showĒ inside. Iím a bit upset by this because this isnít a cheap meal and I should be able to get all the perks, children or not! Ok Iím done.

We were seated in one of the best tables in front of the windows.

There was a table of 6 people next to us. Mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, son and daughter. When the princesses started coming out mom says to the little girl, ďlook, here comes Alice!Ē I looked up and it was Belle! I laughed so loudly I thought she heard me and when I went to tell her that it was Belle and not Alice, grandma of all people corrected her!

Yummy breakfast carbs

Jasmine came over first

Next was Aurora

Belle's turn

Belle was sweet when she came over she says ďoh is this your beast?Ē I replied yes and that we just got engaged. She got all giddy and congratulated us. I love when they continue to play the role for adults. Each of the princesses asked if Dan was my prince which was cute. He didnít care to have his picture taken with them so he was my photographer.

Last but not least was Snow White

Dan found a Hidden Mickey in his blueberries!

After breakfast we stopped to use the restroom right outside CRT. Dan went in first so I waited outside the door with all our belongings. While waiting, 3 snowbirds came down and the 2 women went into the bathroom while the gentleman held their things. When Dan came out it was my turn. As I walked into the bathroom I heard the following conversation, both women in their own stalls:
Princess1: I canít believe Iím taking a dump in the Castle.
Princess2: *loud laughter*
Princess1: Is your toilet vibrating?
Princess2: Umm no, is yours?
Princess1: I think so.
Princess2: I think you have a bigger problem then and not just going poop.
Princess1&2: *uncontrollable laughter* Iím busting a gut too at this point.
Princess1: Please donít let me have more than one sausage link again.

Now mind you, when I walked in and first heard them talking, I tried making noise so they knew that someone else was in there. Guess that didnít matter.

Thankfully I finished quickly because I couldnít take it any longer. I ran out of there laughing so hard that Dan was all confused. Imagine someone laughing so hard when exiting the bathroom. Iím sure I would have been just as puzzled.

Just as you suspected, the TTA was our first ride.

Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders

Space Mountain was down, big surprise. Dan demolished the aliens on Buzz and me.

Arenít you not supposed to upscale your future bride like that?!

We saw some talking birds next

and got run over inside the Swiss Family Treehouse.

These 2 kids, Iíd guess under 8, ran through like there was a fire and were pushing people out of their way to pass. Those stairs are narrow enough but they made their way through. I think I accidentally squished one of their heads between my hip and the banister. Thatís when I realized they were right behind me.

The tables outside the ďclosedĒ El Pirata y el Perico were empty so we took a short break and I called my father. He wasnít home when I called my mom after the engagement so I wanted to talk to him.

Mickeyís Philharmagic was next. I love that show. In my opinion, it blows all other Disney 3D shows out of the water. We hit the TTA again and didnít see many people over at Space so we walked over there after. It was working and open with NO WAIT! I laughed the entire ride. I have no idea what it is about that rollercoaster but I always get the giggles and then cannot stop. I think its because on any rollercoasters, I have the tendency to scream the whole time. And on this one with the ups/downs/turns my voice changes in pitch and I begin to laugh. Once I do, its nonstop. Iíll see if Dan will post his reaction to it because halfway through it was contagious and he couldnít stop laughing either.

Stitch was out in front of the Galaxy Theater when we exited SM so we hopped in line to greet him. He was great.

We were a bit tired at this point so we just started walking. We ended up in Liberty Square outside Haunted Mansion. We found a nice bench in the shade and people watched. There was a tour that came by of high school kids and they stopped right in front of us. The CM was telling them to check out the pavement. If you notice, there is a ďriver likeĒ formation of smaller stones that weaves around the area. Well back in colonial America, there obviously wasnít any indoor plumbing and they just used a bucket inside the house. Well when the bucket was full, they opened up the window and dumped it out! Right into the road! That is what the stones represent. Basically a urine and feces river. Gross I know but interesting that they did that. I have the Imagineering Guide to Magic Kingdom and it wasnít mentioned in there. Another reason why I want to try to do more of the Disney tours.

I was getting a bit chilly after sitting there for over 30 minutes so we headed to the Hub to do more people watching. We found another bench near Crystal Palace and just enjoyed the atmosphere. We were there for probably another 30-45 minutes. Am I the only one that thinks WDW is in its own time capsule? I swear time moves faster than normal.

Dinner ressies tonight were at Tonyís Town Square for 5:30 and it was getting close to 5 so we decided to shop through the Main Street stores before checking in. We sat up top of the train station for a bit watching the Main Street Band play Christmas songs as people were filing in for tonightís MVMCP.

We checked in at 5:30 in Tonyís but still had a 20-25 minute wait. It was packed. We were seated in the back corner. Dťcor did not disappoint. Lady and the Tramp pictures everywhere and a tribute to them in the center of the restaurant that unfortunately didnít photograph well.

Cute Menu!

I had the Chicken Parmigiana and Dan had the Spaghetti and Meatballs.
It was the best chicken parm I have EVER had! I absolutely loved it.

For dessert, the Ice Cream bomb. How have I never seen a review of this on the DIS? It was so tasty.

Castle lighting was at 6:30 so when we finished we caught the end of that from the end of Main Street and took more pictures of it.

It really is spectacular. Since the party was starting, we headed back to AKL for the night. The Polar Express was on TV so we watched that for a bit before heading down to Mara to fill up our mugs. I didnít mention this before but we purchased refillable mugs back in April during our last visit and brought them with us on this trip. I know Disney doesnít like you to reuse them on different visits but now that the mugs are all the same for all resorts, its too easy not to. Am I alone in thinking this? Disney gets enough money out of me anyways, I donít feel guilty getting free soda.

Dan wanted to sit in front of the fire pit in the lobby for a while so we did that and just chilled. We took a walk around, out to the outlook and then outside. There was a Kudu that walked through a little pond right next to one of the fences close by and the pelicans just attacked him. I think the Kudu was taunting them because he acted as if he didnít care, just passed through to rile them all up. It was funny. There was a little girl with her family there and she was about 3 and she was yelling at the pelicans to stop. Sheíd go ďstop! That not nice!Ē

Good night!
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 01-13-2009, 12:41 PM   #83
Kimberly815
DIS Veteran
you can call us Mr. and Mrs. ChuckleDoodle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Jasmine came over first
Did you practice this pose? Because it is exactly the same in every photo!

Quote:
After breakfast we stopped to use the restroom right outside CRT. Dan went in first so I waited outside the door with all our belongings. While waiting, 3 snowbirds came down and the 2 women went into the bathroom while the gentleman held their things. When Dan came out it was my turn. As I walked into the bathroom I heard the following conversation, both women in their own stalls:
Princess1: I canít believe Iím taking a dump in the Castle.
Princess2: *loud laughter*
Princess1: Is your toilet vibrating?
Princess2: Umm no, is yours?
Princess1: I think so.
Princess2: I think you have a bigger problem then and not just going poop.
Princess1&2: *uncontrollable laughter* Iím busting a gut too at this point.
Princess1: Please donít let me have more than one sausage link again.

Now mind you, when I walked in and first heard them talking, I tried making noise so they knew that someone else was in there. Guess that didnít matter.
Quote:
We were a bit tired at this point so we just started walking. We ended up in Liberty Square outside Haunted Mansion. We found a nice bench in the shade and people watched. There was a tour that came by of high school kids and they stopped right in front of us. The CM was telling them to check out the pavement. If you notice, there is a ďriver likeĒ formation of smaller stones that weaves around the area. Well back in colonial America, there obviously wasnít any indoor plumbing and they just used a bucket inside the house. Well when the bucket was full, they opened up the window and dumped it out! Right into the road! That is what the stones represent. Basically a urine and feces river. Gross I know but interesting that they did that. I have the Imagineering Guide to Magic Kingdom and it wasnít mentioned in there. Another reason why I want to try to do more of the Disney tours.
Apparently this was your day to hear about bodily functions!

Quote:
For dessert, the Ice Cream bomb. How have I never seen a review of this on the DIS? It was so tasty.

Mmm. That does look yummy. I am glad you liked Tony's! This is another place I haven't made it to because the reviews can go either way! The problem with Disney is there is too many dinner choices! (Did I say problem? Because I meant 'the awesome thing about Disney is . . .")
Old 01-13-2009, 12:56 PM   #84
NeverlandClub23
Jon Bon Jovi's secret lover
I miss the big talking pile of leaves and trash
It makes me laugh to sing it like a drunk old man would sing it

Tony's does have the BEST Chicken Parm EVER! We usually eat there for lunch every trip (great meatball subs!) but went for dinner last time. Great meal but it was so incredibly loud in there we will not be back for dinner (we never had that problem at lunch). I know it's Disney but we felt like we were in the middle of Chuck E. Cheese's with kids running around screaming EVERYWHERE. We had the chocolate gelato and it was sooo good! The ice cream bomb looks delicious!

Jiko is an amazing place to eat. Our service was very slow (it took us 2 1/2 hours) but it was so yummy! If you go back again request to sit in the wine room. That's where we were sat and it was very quiet and hardly any tables. I'm with you. I hate being sat right on top of other people.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #85
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry your dinner at Jiko wasn't as wonderful as it could have been. I hate being sandwiched like that while I'm eating. Makes me very self concious.

Do we get to see your Mary Poppins pin??

I love that you had a relaxing day at MK. Ewww about the stone and pebbles but an interesting fact.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:05 PM   #86
Jennifer48

Quote:
Did you practice this pose? Because it is exactly the same in every photo!
I did! Its called my "princess pose."

Quote:
Mmm. That does look yummy. I am glad you liked Tony's! This is another place I haven't made it to because the reviews can go either way! The problem with Disney is there is too many dinner choices! (Did I say problem? Because I meant 'the awesome thing about Disney is . . .")
I agree. There are a lot of food options. I still don't know how the peeps at PassPorter have visited them all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverlandClub23 View Post
Tony's does have the BEST Chicken Parm EVER! We usually eat there for lunch every trip (great meatball subs!) but went for dinner last time. Great meal but it was so incredibly loud in there we will not be back for dinner (we never had that problem at lunch). I know it's Disney but we felt like we were in the middle of Chuck E. Cheese's with kids running around screaming EVERYWHERE. We had the chocolate gelato and it was sooo good! The ice cream bomb looks delicious!

Jiko is an amazing place to eat. Our service was very slow (it took us 2 1/2 hours) but it was so yummy! If you go back again request to sit in the wine room. That's where we were sat and it was very quiet and hardly any tables. I'm with you. I hate being sat right on top of other people.
It WAS really loud in there! Now that I think of it, I didn't write it in my handy dandy notebook. I didn't see kids running around but we were literally in the corner so that could be why.
Thanks for the tip about the wine room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Do we get to see your Mary Poppins pin??
You will! I just need to upload it to photobucket. My laptop at home is so slow so I have to upload pics in bunches. Don't worry, I'll share!
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 01-13-2009, 02:33 PM   #87
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

Congrats on the engagement. Loving your trip report.
HHI 2014

ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 18 years
Dh,Me,Ds 18,Ds 17
Old 01-13-2009, 03:19 PM   #88
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
[FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]

BTMRR was calling so we headed in that direction. We got stopped by a few CM who were checking for bracelets which was comforting. I didn’t want other non-paying visitors in line! I love this ride in the dark. It really makes a world of a difference. So fun! As always, I laughed more than screamed on this ride. I have no idea why. It always gives me the giggles and it’s uncontrollable once I start. Then others start laughing at me for laughing so hard and I get a whole train full of gigglers!

Dan said Woody was inside the Saloon so we went in there after the parade. It was only Bullseye when we got there and since I had never met him, I got right in line. He was so cute! He grabbed my hand and proposed. When I told him he was just a little late and I was now taken, he got all upset and clopped away! The CM with him had to wrangle him back to take a picture with me. I love it.

First of all - congratulations on your engagement! How sweet and what a surprise! I love your view at AKL (even it is a limited savannah view, you still got to see lots of animals) and your ring is gorgeous!

I had to chuckle when you said you giggle when you ride BTMRR - I do the same thing! I was there last January with my DBFF and I couldn't quit laughing through the whole ride. I didn't ride it in December cuz I was by myself and would have felt foolish

How cute the interaction you had with Bullseye - you seem to be having an amazing trip so far and I can't wait to read more!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 01-13-2009, 06:26 PM   #89
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Oh I think that I'm going to have to stop reading this TR...every day it make me want to go during the holidays MORE and MORE
Old 01-14-2009, 08:32 AM   #90
Jennifer48

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegrumpy View Post
Congrats on the engagement. Loving your trip report.
Thank you! and thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
First of all - congratulations on your engagement! How sweet and what a surprise! I love your view at AKL (even it is a limited savannah view, you still got to see lots of animals) and your ring is gorgeous!

I had to chuckle when you said you giggle when you ride BTMRR - I do the same thing! I was there last January with my DBFF and I couldn't quit laughing through the whole ride. I didn't ride it in December cuz I was by myself and would have felt foolish

How cute the interaction you had with Bullseye - you seem to be having an amazing trip so far and I can't wait to read more!
Thank you! I'm so glad someone else has the giggles on those rides!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Oh I think that I'm going to have to stop reading this TR...every day it make me want to go during the holidays MORE and MORE
Oh please don't stop reading! I need support to finish this! I have to load the rest of the pics to photobucket and then I'll have the next update.
A Road Trip Engagement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: