Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2009, 10:06 AM   #46
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post

We said good-bye to the GF and headed out to the Contemporary. On the way out, I saw this:
Oh my goodness! How cute is she!?! Is she always at GF? Because I have to go visit her.

I just can't believe how awesome the GF decorations are, it looks simply amazing. I love that you took a day to relax and go check out the resorts.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:22 AM   #47
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Oh my goodness! How cute is she!?! Is she always at GF? Because I have to go visit her.

I just can't believe how awesome the GF decorations are, it looks simply amazing. I love that you took a day to relax and go check out the resorts.
Are you calling me cute or Mary Poppins? J/K I don't know if she's always there because I've never seen her before! It was kind of hidden though so if you go, look out the glass doors to the left of the main lobby when you enter. I her too!

Look at this mug I found at the Contemporary:

I wanted to buy it so bad but I don't drink enough hot beverages to warrant the purchase. Oh well.
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2009, 10:31 AM   #48
Kimberly815
DIS Veteran
you can call us Mr. and Mrs. ChuckleDoodle!

I am so glad you actually were able to view some animals from your balcony despite the less than stellar view!

The Grand Floridian is so pretty decorated for Christmas!

Quote:
Tuesday December 2, 2008
Another view
In any other place, that gingerbread house would look huge! But in the GF lobby, it looks down right little!

The scene with Geppetto is adorable, but the other lack of decorations at the Contemporary are pretty disappointing! (And it bugs me that the Geppetto scene is blocking part of the mural!)

ETA: That Mary Poppins mug is too cute! I think you should have gotten it anyway. You could have used it for water at work or something!

Last edited by Kimberly815; 01-07-2009 at 10:33 AM. Reason: The mug is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!
Old 01-07-2009, 10:41 AM   #49
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Are you calling me cute or Mary Poppins? J/K I don't know if she's always there because I've never seen her before! It was kind of hidden though so if you go, look out the glass doors to the left of the main lobby when you enter. I her too!

Look at this mug I found at the Contemporary:

I wanted to buy it so bad but I don't drink enough hot beverages to warrant the purchase. Oh well.
Hehehe, well you are both cute, so there!

Hmmm, I am going to have to go on a MP mission. We are probably going to eat at GF anyways so I will have to poke around.

That mug is practically perfect! I don't drink hot beverages either but it just may be too cute to pass up!
Old 01-07-2009, 11:08 AM   #50
burly
DIS Veteran

What a magical engagement!!!
Old 01-07-2009, 11:48 AM   #51
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Congrat's on your engagement! I had tears in my eyes reading!

I do like the monorail christmas tree at the CR!

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Old 01-07-2009, 11:48 AM   #52
Jennifer48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly815 View Post
ETA: That Mary Poppins mug is too cute! I think you should have gotten it anyway. You could have used it for water at work or something!
Quote:
That mug is practically perfect! I don't drink hot beverages either but it just may be too cute to pass up!
You ladies are right. I SHOULD have bought that! The more I look at it, the more I want it I might have to call up WDW Merchandise and purchase it. I'll call it an engagement present to myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
What a magical engagement!!!
Thank you burly and thanks for reading along!
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 01-07-2009, 11:50 AM   #53
Jennifer48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
Congrat's on your engagement! I had tears in my eyes reading!

I do like the monorail christmas tree at the CR!
Aww thanks Disneychix! The tears are contagious, I should have put up a warning! Thanks for reading! I thought the monorail Christmas tree was cute too. They didn't have them running though, that would have been cool!
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 01-07-2009, 12:04 PM   #54
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Great updates. Contemporary bores me too. Other than it being on the monorail, I just can't get into it or understand why people pay so much to stay there.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:43 AM   #55
Jennifer48

Mvmcp

Can you guess what we did first when we got there? TTA!

We walked around and enjoyed everything and it was cold! I was so glad we bought the Santa Mickey hats because they definitely kept our heads warm. Dan’s mother gave us these Mickey scarves and gloves one year and we got so many complements on them! We were very surprised by the lack of holiday outfits people had on. Nevermind the fact that some people had on shorts! Did they not watch Samantha Brown when she said just because you are in Florida does not mean its always hot? Come on people. I’m sure there were many people that went home with head colds.

Space Mountain was not working (we encountered that a lot this trip. I think its time for an upgrade, don’t you agree?) so we headed to Toontown to see Mickey and Minnie’s house all dolled up. There was a short line to take pictures with Mickey in his house so we jumped right in.

Minnie's house with her Christmas lights

Tree outside Mickey's house

Mickey's house

Can’t say the same for Minnie though so we skipped her and headed back towards Fantasyland where we got in line to see Scrooge McDuck! I was so excited to see him even though the line was a bit long. The Photopass photographer was HORRIBLE! She took pictures of us before we were really ready and this is the only good one. Notice it’s only me. I had to crop Dan out it was so bad .

The main reason for this trip was to see the icicle lights on the castle. I wanted to see them so bad. We scoped out a spot in the Hub closer to Tomorrowland with the plan to head over there right after to see “T’was the Night Before Christmas” show. Let me tell you something, the lights did NOT disappoint! Pictures do them no justice at all.

Continued next post...
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 01-08-2009, 10:50 AM   #56
Jennifer48

MVMCP Continued...

We booked it over to the Galaxy Theater and they were announcing the show was standing room only at this point. We wanted to sit and there were 2 other shows later in the evening so we decided to hit one of those later.

BTMRR was calling so we headed in that direction. We got stopped by a few CM who were checking for bracelets which was comforting. I didn’t want other non-paying visitors in line! I love this ride in the dark. It really makes a world of a difference. So fun! As always, I laughed more than screamed on this ride. I have no idea why. It always gives me the giggles and it’s uncontrollable once I start. Then others start laughing at me for laughing so hard and I get a whole train full of gigglers!

The wolves were howling so we trekked over to the Haunted Mansion. There was no one in line. Nice walk-on!

Back over to Space (still down) so we hit up Buzz Lightyear. Dan kicked my booty!

It was time for the next “Twas the Night before Christmas” show and they’d be letting people in soon so we made our way there. I was worried about this because Holiday Wishes was soon and I wanted to get back to the Hub to see it. It is such a cute show. I love how their eyes and mouths move. Makes it so much more realistic!

After the show we halled butt and the music came on as we were in Fantasyland. We decided to just stop there and the fireworks were RIGHT over us! We were so close that we heard the boom of them being shot out before we saw the fireworks themselves. It was kinda neat. We were directly behind the Mad Hatter Tea Party.

We didn’t know where to be for the Christmastime parade so we started walking over to Liberty Square. It was pretty busy but there was a nice spot up on the wall in front of the Frontierland Saloon. Dan ran inside to grab us some hot chocolate as I saved our spots. The only problem about this spot was that it was so dark and we were too far away that our pictures didn’t come out very good The best part, the Toy Soldiers! They were so much fun to watch marching down the street and playing their horns. So cute!

Dan said Woody was inside the Saloon so we went in there after the parade. It was only Bullseye when we got there and since I had never met him, I got right in line. He was so cute! He grabbed my hand and proposed. When I told him he was just a little late and I was now taken, he got all upset and clopped away! The CM with him had to wrangle him back to take a picture with me. I love it.

Adventureland next to ride Pirates (no flash photographers on our boat, WOOHOO!) but there was a huge backup at the end of the ride. We got stuck at the jail scene with the dog and the key. It was funny watching one of the pirates constantly whistling for the dog’s attention.

On our way out we stopped at all the Photopass photographers as possible. Even if there was a long line. I wanted as many pictures of us in our cute outfits and the beautiful castle as I could!

We made it back to AKL at 12:30a and just about immediately crashed. Another fun day!
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 01-08-2009, 11:00 AM   #57
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I love your winter outfits. They are so cute. Good for you, getting into the Holiday Spirit. They especially look nice in all of your photopass pictures.

Your character interaction with Bullseye seems like it was a lot of fun.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:17 PM   #58
Kimberly815
DIS Veteran
you can call us Mr. and Mrs. ChuckleDoodle!

Quote:

This is a very nice picture of the two of you! You look so festive in your sweaters, hats, and scarves! (Is that a gingerbread castle in the corner?! I love it!)

Quote:

I love how Minnie and Mickey's houses look all decorated for the holidays! The extra little details are great! I can't believe you actually caught Mickey while he is home! That almost never happens!

Quote:

I am dying to see the castle with the icicles in person! They look so good in pictures, I can only imagine how great they look in real life.

Quote:

BTMRR was calling so we headed in that direction. We got stopped by a few CM who were checking for bracelets which was comforting. I didn’t want other non-paying visitors in line! I love this ride in the dark. It really makes a world of a difference. So fun! [/IMG]
I agree, it is fun during the day, but it is even better at night!

The fireworks and parade make the whole Christmas Party worth it in my opinion!
Old 01-08-2009, 12:22 PM   #59
tinkerbell87512
I would love to hear all about these secrets!

Love all the updates and pictures!!! Your photopass pictures came out great! Glad you had such a good time at MVMCP and your matching outfits are fantastic! Ummmm I will admit though I was one of the crazy people in capris. Ugh never again though, it was FREEZING. Oh well you live and learn right?! Looking forward to more of your updates!!! Ohhh and can I just say one more time how cute of a couple you two are?!

June 1992 August 2000 February 2002 July 2004 July 2005 June 2006 July 2007 October 2007 May 2008 & DCL November 2008 May 2009 Sept/Oct 2010 & DCL November 2011 August 2013 October 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler!
Old 01-08-2009, 12:49 PM   #60
Jennifer48

Quote:
I love your winter outfits. They are so cute. Good for you, getting into the Holiday Spirit. They especially look nice in all of your photopass pictures.
Thanks LL! I didn't own any real festive sweaters so I bought these on Disneyshopping.com at the last minute. I loved it and wore it again on Christmas day!

Quote:
This is a very nice picture of the two of you! You look so festive in your sweaters, hats, and scarves! (Is that a gingerbread castle in the corner?! I love it!)
Thank you! :

Quote:
I am dying to see the castle with the icicles in person! They look so good in pictures, I can only imagine how great they look in real life.
You need to go! They are sooooooooooooooo beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell87512 View Post
Love all the updates and pictures!!! Your photopass pictures came out great! Glad you had such a good time at MVMCP and your matching outfits are fantastic! Ummmm I will admit though I was one of the crazy people in capris. Ugh never again though, it was FREEZING. Oh well you live and learn right?! Looking forward to more of your updates!!! Ohhh and can I just say one more time how cute of a couple you two are?!
Aww Cheryl next time you'll pack pants right?! At least it wasn't some booty shorts. We saw tween in those and I wanted to buy the girl a pair of sweatpants because she was making ME cold!
A Road Trip Engagement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: