Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2009, 12:04 PM   #16
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I've made it over and I am all caught up!

I bow down to you for driving. Marc is forever trying to convince that driving is the way to go. I've done it twice and don't wish to repeat it. That being said, I am sure he will wear me down someday. Hehehe.

AKL looks so beautiful, I was never interested in staying there but lately I am very very intrigued by it.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:38 PM   #17
NotSoEvilStepmother
*Not a real stepmother*

Ok, this sounds like fun. I'm definately subbing!
Mom, My Hand's Smell--A First Timer's Trip Report--Now Complete
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2009, 07:21 AM   #18
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meloneyb21 View Post
Subscribing!

We're driving down from PA in May. I can't wait!
Thanks for reading meloneyb21! May will be a beautiful time to drive. You'll have more daylight hours than we did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squall55 View Post
Even though that view was not the best view of the savanna and walking to the room was about a 1 mile walk. Right now, I would much rather be there than here, that's for sure.
I 100% agree honey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Made it over from LL's report! Great start. Oh now I want to go to AKL at Christmas!!!
Thanks for reading! They definately decorated beautifully at AKL. The tree itself was breathtaking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell87512 View Post
Ohhhh I'm so glad u started a TR!!!! Sounds like you had a nice drive down. I would like to try to drive down someday! Can't wait to read more ohhhh and AKL looks beautiful!
Thanks for coming over Cheryl! I think if I do a road trip to FL again, I would take my time and stop at different places on the way like the battlefields in VA and the beautiful Carolinas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I've made it over and I am all caught up!

I bow down to you for driving. Marc is forever trying to convince that driving is the way to go. I've done it twice and don't wish to repeat it. That being said, I am sure he will wear me down someday. Hehehe.

AKL looks so beautiful, I was never interested in staying there but lately I am very very intrigued by it.
Glad you made it LL. Now I just have to impress you with the few light fixture pics I took

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoEvilStepmother View Post
Ok, this sounds like fun. I'm definately subbing!
Thanks for reading! New update shortly. Sorry I wasn't around this weekend but I was a little under the weather on Saturday and Sunday is a day of rest
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 01-05-2009, 08:55 AM   #19
Jennifer48

Surprise!

We took the monorail over to MK. I was so happy to be there! I booked this trip last December. Dan and I wanted badly to see all of the holiday decorations after we watched those specials. You know the ones. Samantha Brown’s, the one hosted by Raven, yes, those.

I was so happy we took our pic here today. This was in the main Hub where the flagpole was. This setup was gone the next day as they set up for the Christmas Day Parade that was scheduled to be filmed.

Once inside, we noticed everyone waiting for the 3:00 Parade of Dreams parade so we cut through the stores to make our way up Main Street. Our first priority was lunch since we hadn’t eaten a real meal in over 24 hours! We were going to just use counter service and I wanted to eat somewhere I hadn’t before so we made our way to Adventureland to El Pirata y el Perico for some taco salad. Well, there was a nice sign outside that said ‘El Pirata y el Perico is not serving today. Please enjoy food at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn in Frontierland.’ Seriously? I didn’t read that anywhere on the DIS or AllEars that it would be closed! The parade was starting in Frontierland too so we were stuck and ended up eating at Pecos Bill’s anyways. Hrumpf. By the way, we were on the Dining Plan also so I kept track of all the prices to see if 2 adults sans children made a difference. I’ll let you know at the end of the report.

I had a taco salad with chocolate chip cookie and Dan had the double cheeseburger and chocolate pudding. They didn't have the chocolate and peanut butter pie! We were shocked and appalled.

Leisure was our plan today. Enjoy the decorations, fill up our pre-purchased PhotoPass CD, fit in a ride/show here and there, and basically just enjoy each other at the Happiest Place on Earth before our dinner at O'hana. Everyone say awww...

We walked around back to Main Street since the parade was coming to an end, and scoped out photographers. **foreshadowing** While walking by Cinderella Castle, Dan said something that kinda made me think; “too bad there weren’t any photographers up by the well.” Why did that make me think? Because Dan just goes with the flow. He lets me plan, and he follows wherever with confidence in me and my fun abilities.

I suggested we head over to ride the TTA to let our lunch settle before doing anything more thrilling. This seems to be a new tradition. I love the TTA, its so relaxing.

On our way to the Tomorrowland entrance, I suggested we stop at the PhotoPass photographer at the Plaza Rose Garden. I made a mental note to come back at MVMCP to take a picture with the Castle all lit with its icicle lights.

After the last shot the photographer says “ok” and Dan replies with, “wait, just one more.”

My classy response “what do you mean ‘one more?’ Let’s go.” I had a park to see! Just then, he gets down on one knee and I LOST IT!

I don’t remember if I breathed at all but I do remember his words to me. Then he pulled out the ring box and asked to be his wife. Of course I said YES! We are in the moment and some fool yells “what did she say?!” I turn around…and say “I said yes!” and there was a gathering of, I’d guess, 15 people all of a sudden and they all broke out into applause.

We gained our composure, gathered our belongings, thanked the photographer profusely for taking as many photos as he could, and left our spot. One woman in line was even crying and her husband says to Dan, “great job!” as if he just made a presentation in front of the class or something .

Here's the ring!

We traveled on the rest of the day. We chatted about how nervous he was and we immediately started calling and texting family and friends. My head was so clouded that I didn’t know what to do! We just wandered around taking more photos and enjoying being an engaged couple for the first time.

I knew I wanted to purchase the Santa Mickey hat so we headed to the Emporium first while on the phone. It was such a strange feeling knowing this momentous occasion just occurred yet we blended in with the crowd that had no idea how special this day was to us. Almost Twilight Zone-esc. Does that make any sense?

This cute older CM was ringing up my purchases and she asked how our day was so far. I showed her the ring; she just about jumped for joy. She said that they have every other pin except for a ‘just engaged’ pin. I was so bummed. That was going to be my next stop, Town Hall. Wouldn’t you know it? When we got back I read on the DIS that they were coming out with new pins for 2009.

I had our stuff shipped back to AKL because we didn’t feel like lugging it around. We bought the hats and a mini monorail for Dan’s son.

Up next, our engagement dinner at O'hana.
A Road Trip Engagement

Last edited by Jennifer48; 01-06-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:10 AM   #20
MickeyReeds
Mouseketeer

Congrats!

Wow--how exciting! It didn't click with me when I read your title! How wonderful that he proposed with the photopass photographer there! You have some very awesome pictures!

Can't wait to read more!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:13 AM   #21
Kimberly815
DIS Veteran
you can call us Mr. and Mrs. ChuckleDoodle!

Congratulations! (again! ) The ring is lovely on you!

It is wonderful that you have such great pictures to remember the moment. It is definitely something you will both never forget!!

I can't wait to hear about O'hana. I have eaten at the Kona Cafe, but never O'hana!
Old 01-05-2009, 11:48 AM   #23
DSNY4ever
I am going to keep hunting around
I will cross my fingers for both of us

Oh that is sooo sweet! And I love all of the photo pass pictures- how special for you two.

And I TOTALLY know what you mean about walking around with that excited feeling and being a crowd of people who have no idea that this special moment just occurred. My husband proposed to me 5 years ago at Disneyland when we were at the top of the ferris wheel in California Adventure and when we got of the ride and I was walking around I felt weird like I needed to tell everyone- we just got engaged! Haha, but we didn't, we just bounced around the rest of the trip pretty much keeping the excitement to ourselves.

Congrats, Congrats! I can't wait to see the rest of the trip

Disneyland at the Holidays, here we come!
Old 01-05-2009, 12:10 PM   #24
Jennifer48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyReeds View Post
Wow--how exciting! It didn't click with me when I read your title! How wonderful that he proposed with the photopass photographer there! You have some very awesome pictures!

Can't wait to read more!
I was trying not to make the TR title too obvious but I wanted something to draw people in and then surprise them. My plan worked since you didn't get it right away! Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly815 View Post
Congratulations! (again! ) The ring is lovely on you!

It is wonderful that you have such great pictures to remember the moment. It is definitely something you will both never forget!!

I can't wait to hear about O'hana. I have eaten at the Kona Cafe, but never O'hana!
Thanks! (again!) and O'hana's was delicious. You'll see all the yummy photos soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Awww! That is just so sweet, he picked the perfect spot to propose in too.

Congratulations!!
Even though that wasn't his first choice, I thought it was the perfect place. I hate being the center of attention so even though there were people around, it wasn't too too big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY4ever View Post
Oh that is sooo sweet! And I love all of the photo pass pictures- how special for you two.

And I TOTALLY know what you mean about walking around with that excited feeling and being a crowd of people who have no idea that this special moment just occurred. My husband proposed to me 5 years ago at Disneyland when we were at the top of the ferris wheel in California Adventure and when we got of the ride and I was walking around I felt weird like I needed to tell everyone- we just got engaged! Haha, but we didn't, we just bounced around the rest of the trip pretty much keeping the excitement to ourselves.

Congrats, Congrats! I can't wait to see the rest of the trip
Thats exactly what I mean! You just wanted to take some unsuspecting stranger that was walking by, shake them and be like, WE'RE ENGAGED! Thanks for understanding and not making me feel like a looney!
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 01-05-2009, 05:31 PM   #25
NotSoEvilStepmother
*Not a real stepmother*

That is sooooooooo sweet! I can't believe it. What a wonderful start to the vacation, right?
Mom, My Hand's Smell--A First Timer's Trip Report--Now Complete
Old 01-05-2009, 06:01 PM   #26
A's Princess
Mouseketeer

Congrats! Great TR!

Totally impressed you made trek down from Lowell (I went to UMass Lowell way back when!) DH and I have talked about driving down from here (Springfield, MA) but w/ 2 kids I don't think I'm that brave.

Love the idea of watching the 2004 ALCS on the way down! I didn't see the last 4 games either - had to listen on the radio as not to jinx them!
Old 01-05-2009, 06:13 PM   #27
tinkerbell87512
I would love to hear all about these secrets!

Ohhhhhh how sweet!!!!! I love all the pictures! He sure didn't waste any trip time getting to the engagement! Your ring is beautiful.

Can't wait to hear about O'hana!

June 1992 August 2000 February 2002 July 2004 July 2005 June 2006 July 2007 October 2007 May 2008 & DCL November 2008 May 2009 Sept/Oct 2010 & DCL November 2011 August 2013 October 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler!
Old 01-05-2009, 06:59 PM   #28
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

You got my dream engagement!!!! Congrats!!! Can't wait to read more!
Old 01-05-2009, 07:53 PM   #29
happybratpack
Just Maryann :)
Hasn't had a curseless WDW trip in 5 years

Congrats!!! LOVE the proposal with the Photopass too!

Great report...
Old 01-05-2009, 08:02 PM   #30
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Congradulations..
Thanks for clearing up your ages.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: