Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2009, 09:52 PM   #91
figmentfan814
DIS Veteran

Have a wonderful birthday!

PJ ~
DFTW 3-3-08:
16 Trips to WDW since 1983 ~ 4 Trips to DL ~ 1 Disney Cruise ~ 1 Universal Orlando Trip

Old 05-01-2009, 11:49 AM   #92
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

First of all, I love your anniversary postcard Very cute. And I'm sure he'll love all the golf stuff.

Secondly, have so much fun with your parents!!! And happy early birthday!!!!!

Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2009, 11:50 AM   #93
DisneymoonJess07
I <3 Disney - can I go back now??

Happy early birthday!!!

PTR: MAY we go to Disney? Yes we MAY! May 2014
Our Trip Report: "Say Hi to Mickey for me!" - A Disneymoon Two Years in the Making *unfinished*
Our Pre-Trip Report - 2nd Anniversary Disneymoon Sept. 2009
Booed by n2wdisneyw!
1991 - offsite , 1994 - offsite , 1996 - offsite , 1999 - ASSp , 2009 - POR! w/free dining! 2014 - ?
Old 05-01-2009, 02:57 PM   #94
teddygurl28
DIS Veteran

happy early bday! and enjoy the time with your family !

i think that clue on the postcard is the funnest thing ever!!!!!!!!
2001(JAN)-All Star Music
2002(JUNE)-Caribbean Beach Resort
2008(SEPT)-Port Orleans Riverside
2010(SEPT)-Beach Club Villas/Grand Floridian
2011(SEPT)-Boardwalk Villas/Poly
2012(FEB)-Caribbean Beach Resort
2012(SEPT)-Boardwalk/Yacht Club
2013(SEPT)-Port Orleans French Quarter
2014(MAY)-Port Orleans Riverside
Old 05-06-2009, 11:53 AM   #95
tiggersam00
Dole Whip addict... and proud of it!

Ok love love love your clue card! Such a great idea, I bet candi will be so surprised! Hope your having fun with your folks and have a happy brithday! Hope its awesome Shannon you deserve it girl
Old 05-06-2009, 10:36 PM   #96
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentfan814 View Post

Have a wonderful birthday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
First of all, I love your anniversary postcard Very cute. And I'm sure he'll love all the golf stuff.

Secondly, have so much fun with your parents!!! And happy early birthday!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneymoonJess07 View Post
Happy early birthday!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddygurl28 View Post
happy early bday! and enjoy the time with your family !

i think that clue on the postcard is the funnest thing ever!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggersam00 View Post
Ok love love love your clue card! Such a great idea, I bet candi will be so surprised! Hope your having fun with your folks and have a happy brithday! Hope its awesome Shannon you deserve it girl
Hey everyone!! Thank you SO much for all the Birthday wishes, it really means a lot to me My parents left this morning so now I am just trying to recuperate and prepare myself for work tomorrow
Old 05-06-2009, 10:59 PM   #97
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Hey! Tonight is catch up night for me. I don't fly but a friend of mine did this a couple of years ago for the same reasons. They took their airline and flew into Tampa. Then rented a car and drove to Disney. The drive is not bad at all. Only @ 40-45 minutes and Tampa is gorgeous too. Maybe you could fly to Tampa instead or Orlando and get there earlier!? Just a suggestion.

Quick question do you arrive the day we leave WDW? We leave on Sept 5th. I just glanced at my ticker and it looks like a match. That's cool. I wonder if we have time to meet.

Have to say...LOVE the gifts you picked out. He's gonna love it all!
Old 05-07-2009, 06:36 PM   #98
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
Hey! Tonight is catch up night for me. I don't fly but a friend of mine did this a couple of years ago for the same reasons. They took their airline and flew into Tampa. Then rented a car and drove to Disney. The drive is not bad at all. Only @ 40-45 minutes and Tampa is gorgeous too. Maybe you could fly to Tampa instead or Orlando and get there earlier!? Just a suggestion.

Quick question do you arrive the day we leave WDW? We leave on Sept 5th. I just glanced at my ticker and it looks like a match. That's cool. I wonder if we have time to meet.

Have to say...LOVE the gifts you picked out. He's gonna love it all!
Hello!! Thanks for the advice about flying into Tampa...I will have to talk to DH and see if he would be up for it. If only we lived closer this wouldn't be a problem

We actually get there the day before you leave (September 4). We will definitely have to see about setting up a time to meet
Old 05-07-2009, 06:59 PM   #99
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

I'm Back!!

Hey everyone!! Thanks again for all the Birthday wishes

I had an absolutely wonderful Birthday, the only thing that could have made it any better is if my sister would have been able to come too As much as I missed her though, it was still awesome. My parents arrived the day before my birthday and we had so much fun together. I gave my Mom her Mother's Day gift (I couldn't wait until the last day ). I had made her a video slideshow of all the pictures of my sister and I growing up (with a few of Candi thrown in at the end ). She absolutely loved it and of course, she cried. Then on my actual Birthday my Mom took me shopping and then we went to eat at one of my favorite restaurants, Tucanos. It's a brazilian grill with all the yummy food you could ever want Candi's parents, his brother and one of his Grandmas went with us to eat...we had a blast!! After dinner we came home and my Dad made me a turtle cheesecake...YUM and we watched "Marley & Me." The rest of the week was spent watching movies and playing board games...SUPER FUN!! Of course, their time here ended all too quickly and then I had to return to work today

Anyway....a small Disney update...

I got another one of Candi's Anniversary gifts in the mail today

This is his golf towel...I absolutely love it! I think it is so cute!!!

Now the only thing I am waiting on is his golf shirt, but it's on back order, so I'm kind of stressing out about if it's going to be ready in time

That's really all that's going on in the planning department. I am one month closer to making my ADRs Am I just crazy or does anybody else think that it's super fun to make ADRs???

Hope everyone is having a great start to their month!!!!
Old 05-08-2009, 04:50 PM   #100
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

My Love/Hate Relationship With The Mailman!!

Ok, come on, admit it...I'm not the only one who has a love/hate relationship with the mailman right???????

I mean, one day all he's doing is stuffing your mailbox with a bunch of junk that will go straight into the trash can

The next day he's stuffing your mailbox full of bills that (you wish) would go straight into the trash can

And every so often, he fills your mailbox with something fun, like, a birthday card or a letter from your Grandma or the grocery ad saying your favorite cereal is on sale

But then it happens....the rare occurrence when you want to hunt down your mailman and hug him like he's your best friend in the world because he left you...........

MNSSHP TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It might not make the trip any closer but, boy oh boy, does it make me more excited!!! I have officially declared this the best week EVER.......oh, except the week I got married...oops

Ok, with that huge announcement aside, I am also very excited to let you know that I was at the outlet mall yesterday (thank you work for sending me on a day trip with an outlet mall nearby ) and I found the CUTEST golf outfit ever for when we go golfing in WDW. And just so you know I'm not exaggerating about how cute it is....have a look at it yourself

See, now, didn't I tell you it was that cute????

I may be a horrible golfer, but, by golly, I'm gonna look cute playing!

Ok, that is all for now. Everybody enjoy the rest of their Friday...I hope it's a great start to an even better weekend
Old 05-11-2009, 06:46 PM   #101
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

We've Done It Again....

Ok, I warned ya'll how we have the hardest time ever making up our minds right? Well, we do! And, this weekend we kept talking about our trip to WDW and all the great things we are going to do etc etc etc. But then, we realized that this is our vacation and we are packing it full of stuff to do. Almost each night we have a "fancy" dinner to get to and even though that sounds like loads of fun we decided that we should try to "mellow out" our agenda a little bit In the process we have also managed to save some money

You see when I was talking to our DVC guide the last time he had mentioned that because we are switching hotels it is considered two completely different reservations. So, that means that we can do the regular dining plan for one reservation and no reservation for the other or whatever combination we choose. Well, Candi doesn't know about the two reservations but I silently started doing some figuring in my head and came up with a plan that would work. I ran the restaurant deletions/additions by Candi and he made a few change requests and then I made the end result. He is happy because it's a more "relaxed" schedule and I'm happy because we will be saving some money!

So, just in case you haven't guessed yet...we changed our ADR choices...shocking isn't it

Candi's isn't aware of this yet but we are doing the regular dining plan for our stay at Wilderness Lodge which will give us 4 Quick Service credits and 4 Table Service credits. Then we will be doing the deluxe dining plan for our Animal Kingdom stay which will give us 15 credits to use however we like. In doing this we will also be paying for a couple of meals out of pocket (but it still ends up being cheaper than doing the whole stay on deluxe dining). So, the moment you have all been waiting for

ADR WISH LIST - THE "MELLOW" VERSION:

September 4:

Lunch: Earl of Sandwich (or any other quick service that sounds good) 1 QS credit
Dinner: Fulton's Crab House Paying Out of Pocket (Approx. $89.46 before tip)

September 5:

Breakfast: nothing planned (not huge breakfast eaters)
Lunch: A quick service meal in Magic Kingdom 1 QS credit
Dinner: Order Pizza in the room and check out some DVDs from the DVC desk to watch Paying OOP Approx. $28.96 before tip

September 6:

Breakfast: 1900 Park Fare 1 TS credit
Lunch: Flame Tree BBQ 1 QS credit
Yak & Yeti1 TS credit plus Approx. $22.40 OOP for egg rolls and lettuce wraps since Apps aren't included on basic dining plan

September 7:
Breakfast: nothing planned
Lunch: Quick Service at Blizzard Beach 1 QS credit
Dinner: Artist Point 2 TS credits

September 8 - Check out of WL/ Check In to AKL - Start Deluxe Dining Plan:
Breakfast: Akershus (only if I cannot get reservation to CRT later in the week) 1 TS credit
Lunch: Rose & Crown 1 TS credit
Dinner: Le Cellier 1 TS credit

September 9:
Breakfast: Boma 1 TS credit
Lunch: Sci Fi Dine In 1 TS credit
Dinner: Yachtsman 2 TS credits

September 10:
Breakfast: Nothing planned
Lunch: Coral Reef 1 TS credit
Dinner: Teppan Edo 1 TS credit

September 11:
Breakfast: nothing planned
Lunch: Beaches & Cream 1 TS credit
Dinner: Whispering Canyon Cafe (early dinner and then go to MNSSHP) 1 TS credit

September 12:
Breakfast: Cinderella's Royal Table 2 TS credits
Lunch: Plaza Restaurant 1 TS credit
Dinner: Narccoossees (sp?) 2 TS credits

September 13:
Breakfast: Main Street Bakery with snack credits

So, there you have it. I'm not too sure how much more it will change. Doing it this new way kind of restricts how much I can change things, because I have to make sure to stick within my credit limits for the basic dining plan.

If anybody is interested here is the money breakdown:

ALL OOP: Estimated at $1466.26 before tips

ALL DELUXE MEAL PLAN: $1385.28 ($71.99/person X 9 nights + OOP for Fultons)
This equaled a savings of $80.98 over doing ALL OOP

1st Half Basic / 2nd Half Deluxe: $1180.64 ($39.99/person X 4 nights; $71.99/person X 5 nights; OOP for Fultons, Pizza and Yak & Yeti Apps)
This equals a savings of $204.64 over the all deluxe option and a savings of $285.62 over all OOP!!!

I think this time I am really happy with our decisions!!

Have a great night everyone
Old 05-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #102
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Wow!! So many updates! I'm so glad you had such a great time with your family. I have to say--I'm 1/2 Brazilian, and I LOVE Brazilian food. YAY for getting your MNSSHP tickets! And way to go on saving money and time with your new dining plan!!

Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 05-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #103
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
Wow!! So many updates! I'm so glad you had such a great time with your family. I have to say--I'm 1/2 Brazilian, and I LOVE Brazilian food. YAY for getting your MNSSHP tickets! And way to go on saving money and time with your new dining plan!!
Thanks for all the "yays" My updates will be slowing down for a little while after this weekend because we are off on our Anniversary trip, so I guess I wanted to pack in all the updates I could now I just love to get on here and see what everyone else has planned and then it inspires me to look at my plans...I just love the Disboards
Old 06-01-2009, 11:34 PM   #104
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone I haven't updated in a while, so I wanted to say "hi" to ya'll! There isn't too much going on in the planning world right now. We got back from our CA trip last week and are paying for it at work (aka ... loads and loads of work to catch up on ).

We can make our ADRs on Saturday which I'm super stoked about, but it looks like we may be changing our minds again. Candi started looking through all our menu printouts again and now he thinks that we left out some places that he really wants to eat at See, I told ya'll we couldn't make up our minds I'm currently running a post on the dining section to try and get more information to help him ... ok, fine, us (I may have decided I wasn't sure about our decision too ) decide. It is my goal to have an outline with a back-up plan (and quite possibly a back-up to the back-up - we are going during free dining after all ) made by Friday morning.

Other than that I am just (not so patiently) waiting for the September hours to be released so I can make some more solid plans. And then change them a billion times I am guessing they should be up sometime this week

Hope everyone is having a great start to their week!!
Old 06-06-2009, 01:52 PM   #105
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

It's ADR Time!!!!

Finally ...... some REAL updates!!!

Today was the big day ... ADR DAY I learned this morning that this is actually the first of two ADR days for us. I never put two and two together and realized that having two hotel reservations meant two different ADR days I'm not sure how I'm going to pull off the next one since it's Thursday and I have to work AND go to school ... man oh man! I am going to pooped. Anyway, on with the fun stuff ....

I was up at 4:45 am (our time) with my outline of ADRs all ready to go. I have to stop here and give Candi mucho recognition because he voluntarily sat up with me Now I had been really stressing out about this process because we are going during free dining and I had read numerous horror stories about the process. Let me just say it wasn't nearly as bad as I had prepared myself for. I was on hold for about 25 minutes before I got through, but it wasn't so bad, I just sat there listening to the Disney Love Song Collection they had playing ... which I might want to buy now Hmmmm....I'm guessing that's their plan and I'm a great big sucker for falling for it

Ooops, back to the ADR process.

At around 5:25 am (my time) a pleasant CM came through and started the process for me. Now I am calling her pleasant because she didn't have the friendliest persona but she proved to be extremely helpful, maybe she is like me and just isn't a morning person Ok, so I decided I was just going to go through the days in order and hope for the best instead of jumping around trying to get the "hard" reservations first. I mean, it was still dark out meaning I was still supposed to be sleeping and I didn't want to confuse myself

Here is how things ended up:

September 4 - Arrival Day:

Dinner:

Requested - Fulton's Crab House - 8:00 pm
Received - Fulton's Crab House - 8:00 pm

September 5 - Magic Kingdom Day:

Breakfast:

Requested - Cinderella's Royal Table - First available seating
Received - Cinderella's Royal Table - 8:10 am (BEFORE park opening )

Dinner:
Requested - Le Cellier - Anytime after 7:00 pm
Received - Narcoossees - 7:35 pm

September 6 - Epcot Day:

Breakfast:

Requested - Kona Cafe - 9:00 am
Received - Kona Cafe - 9:00 am

Lunch:
Requested - Coral Reef - 2:00 pm
Received - Coral Reef - 2:00 pm

Dinner:
Received - Teppan Edo - 7:30 pm

September 7 - Golf Lesson/Blizzard Beach:

Dinner:

Requested - Artist Point - 8:00 pm
Received - Artist Point - 8:00 pm

September 8 - Hollywood Studios Day:

Lunch:

Requested - Sci Fi - 1:00 pm
Received - Sci-Fi - 1:15 pm

Dinner:
Received - Le Cellier - 7:50 pm

Overall, I am VERY happy with the outcome. The only "road blocks" hit were having to switch around to get Le Cellier, which I was completely prepared to do. And then, I goofed up and forgot to call DVC to add on the dining plan so I had to pay for CRT, but they said when I contact DVC and get the dining plan added I can call back and get credited for CRT, so really no big deal. The only other thing that caused conflict with that is I also wanted to do Spirit of Aloha on our Magic Kingdom day (if we didn't get Le Cellier, which we didn't) but I didn't want to have to pay for that one up front. I did pay for CRT because I figured a before park opening seating was too good to pass up

Hope everyone is having a great weekend - this was definitely an awesome start to mine!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: