Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2009, 09:14 PM   #76
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel1025 View Post
Wow, I feel like I should bow down to you...I see from your TRs that you are quite the DIS celebrity

That sucks that our stays don't overlap, that appears to be happening to me with a lot of people on here

I am getting super excited about Yak and Yeti, I haven't heard a bad thing about it...the dessert anyway
Oh stop it! I was planning to go earlier but instead we just added onto the dining part of the trip. If you leave late and I arrive early we might can say Hi! I'll be there about 3 or so on the 23rd.

I have some great yak n yeti pics in my food report. This time I am trying the sweet and sour chicken I think. Won tons again for dessert and potstcikers for my app! Pitiful that I know this huh?
Old 04-13-2009, 09:54 PM   #77
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

For now....

Well, I've been kind of sad because I haven't had much to update on as far as Disney goes I have to tell ya, this makes for some very boring days when I am sitting in meetings all day.....wait....you mean I'm not supposed to be thinking about Disney when we are doing budgets and financials at work

Anyway, I think I have ordered everything I need for Candi's Anniversary surprise...for now anyway. I always think I'm done, but then I find something else I just have to have...he is one spoiled Hubby that's for sure

We did get one major thing accomplished...for now at least...until I call at 90 days out and they tell me "I'm sorry that's not available at that time" Ya'll know what I'm talking about don't ya? Yep, it's updated itinerary time!!! Yes, I realize I'm crazy because it's already changed a bajillion times and I'm sure it will change at least a billion more

But for now.....

September 4:

* Arrive at Disney and do the happy dance
* Check in to the beautiful WL; let Hubby nap while I unpack
* Try some yummy yummy food (or at least ice cream) at Beaches 'n Cream ....you have no idea how excited I am to go here
* Grab a bus and go play putt-putt ... we've decided on the Winter/Summerland courses for this
* Go back to the hotel for a break...Candi will probably nap again...I will shower and get ready for dinner
* Late dinner at Fulton's Crab House....this is a surprise for Candi....he really wanted to eat here on our honeymoon but he kindly canceled for me because I didn't want to leave Epcot So he *thinks* we are walking around DTD and grabbing food at EOS or WPE or something without a reservation....geesh, doesn't he know me better than that
* Depending on how sleepy we are we may walk around DTD or we may go back to the hotel and get a good night's rest

September 5:

* Take the boat over to Magic Kingdom...I love taking the boat!!
* Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table...I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one, this was how we started out our honeymoon and I think it would be perfect to start out this trip that way too. If we can't get that reservation than we will grab something to eat at the Main Street Bakery.
* Grab lunch wherever we feel like eating
* Probably go rest back at the hotel after lunch...Candi's foot can only last so long before it gives him trouble...maybe we will take a dip in the pool
* Get all "gussied up" for dinner
* Dinner during Wishes at California Grill...again, keeping my fingers crossed for that one. If California Grill is not available then we are going to do Ohanas and watch Wishes on the beach afterwards...still pretty romantical if ya ask me

September 6:

* No plans for breakfast...maybe grab something at Roaring Forks on the way out
* Grab the boat to the Contemporary and then the monorail from Contemporary to Epcot .... yes, I realize that it is probably quicker to just take the bus, but we decided that we will get enough of the buses later on so for this half of the trip we are taking boat and monorail whenever possible....plus the monorail is just SO Disney
* Have a joyous afternoon at Epcot....probably focus on Future World this day...love Epcot...my favorite park!!
* An early lunch at Coral Reef...Candi is very excited for this meal
* Candi is convinced that he will "tough it out" this day so for now...continue touring Epcot until dinner
* Dinner at Teppan Edo...I am super excited for this one...we tried and tried on our honeymoon to get a table here but they were always full

September 7:

***** This is the first of our "free days" we have planned...I originally had it schedule for the next day, but since Candi is going to be a trooper and try to conquer a whole day at Epcot I figured he might need a non park day!!

* Again, no breakfast planned...probably order room service
* Candi's golf lesson (I am hoping to get an 11:00 time slot for this)
* While the Hubby is perfecting his swing, I will be perfecting looking pretty Whenever he gets his lesson time, I am hoping to book a facial for the same time slot. I have decided to go to the Mandara Spa at the Swan (or is it the Dolphin?? I don't know, same thing really, I guess). After my facial I am going to get my hair and make-up done because....
* Pictures at the Poly!!! I know, I know, the photopass photogs aren't the greatest but I am still excited to do this!!
* Lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe
* "whatever time"
* Dinner at Artist Point...our last night at Wilderness Lodge...bittersweet

September 8:

* Check out of Wilderness Lodge
* Grab the boat to MK and then Grand Floridian
* Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare...yay!!!
* Take bus to Hollywood Studios
* Ride Aerosmith, get off, ride Aerosmith, get off, repeat.....kidding...sorta
* Lunch at Sci Fi Drive-In....I must admit I am stoked to eat here, not sure why
* Take bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge
* Check in to AKL - Kidani Village
* Check out the savannah, rest, get ready for dinner
* Dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse...we are both super duper excited to try the food here
* Take boat to Hollywood Studios
* We will probably skip Fantasmic! to enjoy the rides while everyone else is watching the show
* Enjoy our first night at AKL (and secretly cry a little that it means the trip is already halfway over)

September 9:

* Breakfast at Boma!!!!!!!!!!!! There are not words for how pumped I am to try the breakfast here!!!!
* Grab the bus to Animal Kingdom...it just seems fitting that our first full day at AKL be spent at Animal Kingdom park
* Try really hard to see Nemo this time!!!! I consider it a "must do"
* Lunch - - probably at Flame Tree BBQ
* If Candi doesn't hate AK as much as he did last time we will continue to tour the park until dinner
* Dinner at Yak and Yeti...mmmmm, fried wontons!!!!
* Go back to hotel and swim or go DTD depens on Candi's foot

September 10:

* Breakfast at Akershus (maybe only if we don't get a reservation at CRT, still not sure)
* Fun filled morning at Epcot...I love me some Epcot!!!!
* Lunch at Rose and Crown.....one word....YUM!!
* Go back to AKL to rest for a little while
* Grab Taxi to golf course for some 9-hole fun...."I will have fun, I will have fun, I will have fun"
* Back to AKL for nap and shower
* Dinner at Le Cellier
* Spend more time at World Showcase

September 11:

* Wake up at the crack of dawn to call and sing my sister Happy Birthday!!! I do this every year at the exact time she was born.
* Jump up and down on the bed to wake Candi up ... if my spectacular - read horrific singing abilities didn't do the job already....and scream... "It's Blizzard Beach Day" I am super dee duper excited about this one...bet ya couldn't tell
* Grab quick service lunch at water park
* When we are good and exhausted go back to AKL and rest
* Early dinner at Narcoosees
* Run back to AKL and change for MNSSHP!!!!!!!

September 12:

* Sleep until whenever
* Grab bus to Magic Kingdom...we have to spend our last morning at MK!
* Ride all our favorites
* Lunch at the Plaza
* Make sure to catch the Parade..missed it last time
* Dinner at Spirit of Aloha

September 13:

* Cry because we are going home
* Try to be happy when I realize on this exact day 8 years ago we went on our very first date!!!!!!!!

So, what do you guys think??????

Last edited by ariel1025; 04-13-2009 at 10:08 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2009, 10:24 PM   #78
DisneymoonJess07
I <3 Disney - can I go back now??

It looks like a great plan!! I need to do one of those too! We are going to overlap by a few days

PTR: MAY we go to Disney? Yes we MAY! May 2014
Our Trip Report: "Say Hi to Mickey for me!" - A Disneymoon Two Years in the Making *unfinished*
Our Pre-Trip Report - 2nd Anniversary Disneymoon Sept. 2009
Booed by n2wdisneyw!
1991 - offsite , 1994 - offsite , 1996 - offsite , 1999 - ASSp , 2009 - POR! w/free dining! 2014 - ?
Old 04-14-2009, 10:43 AM   #79
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

WOW! Great job!! You really have it all planned out, don't you?! I really really hope you get all of your ADRs. This is an amazing plan!

Upcoming: Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 04-15-2009, 12:37 PM   #80
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
Oh stop it! I was planning to go earlier but instead we just added onto the dining part of the trip. If you leave late and I arrive early we might can say Hi! I'll be there about 3 or so on the 23rd.

I have some great yak n yeti pics in my food report. This time I am trying the sweet and sour chicken I think. Won tons again for dessert and potstcikers for my app! Pitiful that I know this huh?
I will have to check out your food report, I haven't had a chance to yet (maybe because I am always checking updates while I am at work ). Mmmmmm, sweet and sour chicken sounds super yummy right now. I think I might get the honey chicken, but I've heard some bad things about it so not sure I will definitely get the fried wontons though. See look, if your pitiful than I am too

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneymoonJess07 View Post
It looks like a great plan!! I need to do one of those too! We are going to overlap by a few days
Thanks! I have so much fun planning things. I really don't care if the plans change I just like to know there's a plan to fall back on

If you haven't already check out Heatherbelle's PTR she will be there at the same time also and she is putting together a DisMeet

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
WOW! Great job!! You really have it all planned out, don't you?! I really really hope you get all of your ADRs. This is an amazing plan!
Thanks!! Planning for me is half the fun...in a weird way it keeps me "sane" especially on days that are not especially good ones. If I have a really bad day and then spend some time planning with my Hubby (ok, he doesn't plan he smiles and nods while playing Xbox ) then I feel a hundred times better!

Thanks for sending good wishes my way about our ADRs...I just wish I didn't have to wait a month and a half longer before I can call. Gosh, I am really missing the old 180 day thing right now
Old 04-15-2009, 01:02 PM   #81
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Kinda bummed...

Well, the moment I have been waiting and waiting for came yesterday.....

Yep, Southwest FINALLY released their fares for our trip. Now I should have been doing this but to be honest I was kind of doing this Normally I use Southwest every chance I can, but this time I'm at a loss with what to do. The earliest they will get us to Florida is at 3:00 which isn't that big of a deal. But, in order to do that we have to take a layover in Houston, still not a big deal. However, the layover is over 2 hours long!!!! That (to me) is a big deal. If I have to get up at the crack of dawn I don't want to spend two hours of my Disney time at the Houston airport Now, I realize I might sound like a baby, I know most flights have layovers but, I can get a flight through Continental for the same price and get there at 1:00.

Ok, so far it sounds like an easy decision right? WRONG!!! We are using Southwest for our flight to Disneyland and we have been lucky enough to have our flight prices go down twice already. That means that we have flight credits to use, and we were planning on using them for this trip. But, now I kind of don't want to. Then I figured I would use the credits to fly back Southwest, but they latest flight out is at 2:00 and I was hoping to get like a 6:00 or 7:00 flight back. Which Continental also has.

The other thing is if I wait then I know that the Southwest flights will probably go down in price, whereas Continental won't.

So, what would you guys do? Take a flight time you don't really want or hope that you can use your Southwest credits within a year and take the flight on the other airline??

I am really at a loss. Candi says to do whatever, but I know that I will feel guilty if we dont' end up using the flight credits because it is lost money. At the same time, I really want to get to Orlando as early as possible.

HELP!!!!!!

Sorry, this was more of a negative and "whiny" post. I promise he next one will be happy and "pity free"
Old 04-15-2009, 02:52 PM   #82
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

I'd probably go with Continental and then try to use your points some other time. You're paying a lot for your Disney World vacation and you'd be wasting money if you didn't get to take advantage of being there longer. So it pretty much evens out if you think about it

Upcoming: Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 04-17-2009, 01:15 AM   #83
DisneymoonJess07

REMEMBER BAGGAGE FEES!! This killed us on our "deal" with United to NYC. First bag is $15 and second bag $25 with continental...that's an extra $60 on your flight if you take Continental and you and DH only bring one bag each!!! Something to consider, and was a surprise to us because we only really ever travel Southwest!!!!

Our Trip Report: "Say Hi to Mickey for me!" - A Disneymoon Two Years in the Making *unfinished*
Booed by n2wdisneyw!
1991 - offsite , 1994 - offsite , 1996 - offsite , 1999 - ASSp , 2009 - POR! w/free dining! 2014 - ?
Old 04-20-2009, 11:22 AM   #84
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
I'd probably go with Continental and then try to use your points some other time. You're paying a lot for your Disney World vacation and you'd be wasting money if you didn't get to take advantage of being there longer. So it pretty much evens out if you think about it
Thanks for your input That is pretty much exactly how I feel...plus, who wants to give up WDW time to sit in an airport lobby eating yucky airport food when they could be eating a Mickey Bar?

Quote:
REMEMBER BAGGAGE FEES!! This killed us on our "deal" with United to NYC. First bag is $15 and second bag $25 with continental...that's an extra $60 on your flight if you take Continental and you and DH only bring one bag each!!! Something to consider, and was a surprise to us because we only really ever travel Southwest!!!!
Ooohhhh, super good point. You know, I was so upset over the times that I forgot all about baggage fees. I will have to bring this up to Candi because we are not light packers. And we always come back with more than we went with!! Thanks so much for pointing that out to me
Old 04-20-2009, 11:51 AM   #85
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Just a little something...

So, not too much going on with the planning. We have put a lot of thought into the whole "flight debacal" and I think we have come up with a plan...for now...you know how we are with decisions already

After talking it over and taking a couple of days to think about it we have decided to go ahead and take Southwest. Once we started thinking about how extremely tired we were on our last trip from getting up so early to be at the airport, it didn't make a difference that we got there at 1:30 because we still took a nap until almost 5:00 anyway. So, we figured this time we will try taking a flight that leaves a little later in the day and then (hopefully) all we will want to do when we get to the hotel is shower and "freshen up" before going out and having some fun. We haven't bought our flight tickets yet because to use our credits we have to wait until we use our flight to LA. But, once the tickets are booked ya'll will be the first to know our final decision

Beyond that I have a little something fun. I got the first of Candi's anniversary gifts in the mail today

It's his pin to go on the card that will tell him about his golf lesson surprise!!

Now I am just waiting on the remaining gifts to come in the mail and we will be all set...I just have to figure out how to pack it without him seeing it all

That's all I have for now...have a great day everyone!!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 02:55 PM   #86
DisneymoonJess07

I am so glad my advice about the baggage fees was useful. Looking forward to seeing how your flights work out!

And that pin is super adorable!!

Booed by n2wdisneyw!
Old 04-20-2009, 03:32 PM   #87
figmentfan814
DIS Veteran

I love the golfing pin; what a great way to reveal the surprise

PJ ~
DFTW 3-3-08:
16 Trips to WDW since 1983 ~ 4 Trips to DL ~ 1 Disney Cruise ~ 1 Universal Orlando Trip

Old 04-23-2009, 05:29 PM   #88
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am so glad my advice about the baggage fees was useful. Looking forward to seeing how your flights work out!

And that pin is super adorable!!
Thanks We probably wouldn't have remembered about the baggage fees until it was too late if you hadn't said something, so thanks again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentfan814 View Post
I love the golfing pin; what a great way to reveal the surprise
Thank you!! It's getting really hard to not break down and tell him though. It's getting warm here so he's been going golfing a lot and keeps telling me how his swing has gotten really bad since he didn't play much during the winter. I just can't wait to see his face when he learns about the lesson!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 07:42 PM   #89
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

More Anniversary Surprises

So, nothing more in the actual planning department. But, lots of other fun stuff going on....

Most importantly........MY PARENTS WILL BE HERE IN 5 DAYS!!!!!!!

Of course that means only 6 more days until I am another year older...EEK

Now, with that excitement out of the way, onto things slightly more relevant to the WDW trip...Candi's Anniversary surprise is coming along really well. I just received another one of his gifts in the mail

This is the little divot thing that you fix the ground with or something like that...not too sure but I know he has a plain one he always uses so I figured he would use this one too. And the center Mickey piece comes out and becomes your ball marker I'm going with a Mickey theme if ya can't tell He doesn't really have a favorite character so I went with the classic!!

I also made this "postcard" to go with it
the front

the back

I will give him a regular birthday card too (you have to have a "mushy love stuff" card for your First Anniversary ). The reason I also did the postcard is because this is going to be the first of clues that he will receive throughout the trip for all his special surprises. Only, at the time he gets this one he won't know that it's the first of several

Not too sure if you can read the back of the postcard but it says:

Mickey Mouse
Magnolia Golf Course
Walt Disney World

Hiya Pal! I heard you were trying to improve your swing and I think I know just the thing! I've asked a friend to help you out, he's a pro so have no doubt. Be in the lobby and ready at ten, take a ride in a taxi then let the fun begin. See ya in September for a day you'll always remember!
Your Pal, Mickey Mouse

What do you guys think? Do you think he'll like it? I thought the little clues would be super fun and I had to do a wedding picture on the front of this one since he will be getting it on our Anniversary!!

Welp, unfortunately, that's about all I have for now. Hope everyone is doing well, I miss hearing from all of you!!!

Talk to ya soon!!
Old 04-30-2009, 08:39 PM   #90
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

May 1 is awesome!!!

Hey everyone....

I just wanted to say that May 1 is going to be one of the most awesome days ever because.....

MY PARENTS WILL BE HERE

AND

MNSSHP TICKETS GO ON SALE

I probably won't post until next week because my parents will be here all weekend for my birthday so.... HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYBODY!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: