Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2009, 10:15 AM   #61
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggersam00 View Post
Hey Shannon,

Ok all your ideas sound awesome so here is my 2 cents

1) The Sea Doos sound like a great way to take it easy, maybe after your facial and Candi's golf lesson as a way to spend some time together??

2. Around the World at Epcot Segway Tour, this sounds awesome, Dave and I really want to do this, but I have heard from people that it can be a long morning of standing around in one place, so if that bothers Cani I would pass on this. If he is ok standing for a while then go for it, it looks awesome!

3. Photo session, I would love to do this at the Poly just because it looks like such a great backdrop

4. Carriage Ride this would be nice at dusk at PO then you could take the boat to DTD for dinner, very romantic

5. Putt - putt, I have been wondering myself, I will get back to you after our trip next week and give you the full report

6. Disney Quest I have never been too, but to be honest video games aren't my thing, so I am not the best person to give my opinion on this... plus I don't like motion simulator rides as they make me a bit quesy

7. Water Park TL is my all time fave!!! I love swimming in the shark reef and the whole park just feels a bit more mellow the BB. I always do a day at TL when we go in the summer (and we will be again in August)
Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentfan814 View Post
1. Sounds like a lot of fun. I have only been on the boats at Disney for fireworks cruises and for parasailing and Sammy Duvall's behind Contemporary, but I think these would be a blast too.

2. For the Segway tour if standing bothers him a lot what about doing the introductory tour instead of the World Showcase one?

3. I think you should definitely do the Photos at one of the resorts. Although, I love these sceneries because they remind me of our enagement pictures which we did at Wilderness and Polynesian.

4. A carriage ride sounds so romantic. We had tried to do the one at POR this trip, but we didn't have enough time. For Fort Wilderness we have done the hay ride there (we did it as a welcome party for our wedding guests) and it was very scenic and peaceful. I'm not sure if they follow the same path or not.

5. Putt-putt is always a blast! We have done both courses, but if you're going at night and don't have a car the Fantasia one by the Swan & Dolphin is easier to get to because of the buses. Don't do the hard one there though that fairways one is so hard! Definitely do the fun Disney themed one.

6. We just went to Disney Quest for the second time. Although, it had been 7 years since we went there. I am not into video games either, but we met another Disney bride and her husband there and had a great time! They have a section where you can try a bunch of drawing and animation things. Plus, a whole floor with sports games- I loved the bowling! There is one floor with the virtual reality and one with the Pirates and Jungle cruise rides which are fun as long as no one has motion sickness. There are also things like race cars, etc. It reminds me of a GameWorks or Dave & Busters in that respect. It is pretty expensive though, so if you're investing in going you will probably want to spend the entire day there.

7. I've never been to any Disney waterparks, which I honestly can't believe
I wanted to thank both of you wonderful ladies for all your advice/opinions. We still aren't any closer to making any final choices but I guess that's ok since it is a million years away Yes, I realize 6 months isn't even a whole year but it feels like a million years. You guys know how I feel right? Well, except Sam who will be enjoying the Disney air any day now...just a tad jealous
Old 03-27-2009, 11:05 AM   #62
tiggersam00
Dole Whip addict... and proud of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel1025 View Post
I wanted to thank both of you wonderful ladies for all your advice/opinions. We still aren't any closer to making any final choices but I guess that's ok since it is a million years away Yes, I realize 6 months isn't even a whole year but it feels like a million years. You guys know how I feel right? Well, except Sam who will be enjoying the Disney air any day now...just a tad jealous
Anytime Shannon! 6 months will go by super fast! My Dec trip I had planned for over a year and that was tourture waiting a whole year!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2009, 11:26 AM   #63
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

It's ok to add non-Disney related news right??

Lots and lots of news to post today....some of it isn't Disney related though I hope that's ok...feel free to skip that stuff if you'd like!

Super Exciting Breaking News #1.....

MY PARENTS ARE COMING TO VISIT ME FOR MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As most of you know from the earlier planning stages we were originally going to be headed to WDW with Candi's parents and trying to get my parents to come along as well. Well, with all the crazy work situations and this stinky economy my parents just couldn't make it work. Actually, to this day my Mom doesn't even know they were invited....I knew it would break her heart if they had to say no, so I only talked to my Dad about it. Anyway, last night my Mom calls me super late at night and I have to admit, I freaked out that she was calling because something was wrong...well, the conversation went like this...

Mom: "Hey, what are you doing?"
Me: *yawn* "getting ready to go to sleep, what are you doing?"
Mom: "Oh, nothing...I have to talk to you about something"
Me: *saying a silent prayer that it isn't anything bad or sad* "Ok??"
Mom: "What are you doing for your birthday?"
Me: *sighing of relief and laughing at the same time* "I don't know Mom, it's over a month away"
Mom: "why are you laughing?"
Me: "because you just called me at midnight (her time) to ask me what I'm doing for my birthday in May and I thought you were calling with bad news"
Mom: "well, it's only bad news if you are going to be upset that we are coming to see you for your birthday weekend"
Me: *while waking up Candi by singing "Happy Birthday to Me" *

Of course I talked to my Mom for longer but that's the important part of the conversation...I am so ecstatic there aren't really words. I haven't seen my parents since Thanksgiving and this is one of the best Birthday presents EVER...I almost don't even need the really awesome Nikon D60 anymore...almost

Super Exciting Breaking News #2.....

WE HAVE OFFICIALLY STARTED THE HOME BUYING PROCESS

There is a bit of a "back story" and "associated story" to go with this...again feel free to skip ahead if this bores you....I promise there is Disney related information coming up next

Ok, first the back story. We originally were starting to look into buying a house about a year and a half ago. Well, unfortunately I had made some credit mistakes in the past and that hurt us. Then Candi apparentally had not one, not two, but THREE past due medical bills that we knew NOTHING about...I'm not even kidding we had absolutely no clue. And, they were HUGE and saying it was because he didn't have insurance when he had his two surgeries. Ummmm.....yes, he did. So, anyway in the end we could only get approved at that time for $85,000.00. Now, I know that isn't like "chump change" or anything. But buying a house here isn't really possible for that amount. Really, you can't even buy a condo or town home for that price....unless, you want something that needs a TON of work. And I don't mean painting and carpeting...that we can deal with...I'm talking foundational work and roofing work Needless to say, we didn't buy anything but instead made a solid pact to work very hard on our credit and STOP using credit cards. Well, half of that worked out. We did end up using our credit cards still...can you say wedding expenses???

Anyway, I pulled up our credit scores not too long ago and saw that my credit score had increased by 25 points and Candi's had increased by 18 points. We also fought out two of his medical bills and "won" however, we lost the other one and are on a payment plan to get that paid off. And, we haven't used the credit cards (hardly at all) since the wedding and have been making double payments on all of them. In the process we just paid off one of those pesky little cards. Well, we still weren't sure if that was going to be enough changes to get qualified for a house here....most good condition homes here start at $165,000.00 used and well, new, we don't even consider for our budget!!!

Then we get a call from his parents and all I hear is Candi going "really?" and "Uh-huh" and "I have to talk to Shannon" and "I see" and "when do you need to know by?"

Of course I'm in the background going "what? what? What? what?"

After he gets off the phone....a million hours later ...he tells me that his parents just got back their land (they had been renting it out for the past 5 years or so) and if we would like it to put a home on we were more than welcome to. But if we didn't they were going to rent it out again. Now first I do this but then I think about it and do this because we already stated that we can't afford a new home in a development how can we afford to bring someone out to a piece of land to build a home for us???

Well, Candi starts the conversation with "hear me out before you object"

Uh-Oh

*** Please hear me out before you read on, I don't want anyone to get offended with the following conversation...and please don't think I am some snooty little girl, I promise I am not ****

Ok....

So he goes on to talk about a modular home and he knows that I am opposed to a trailer and that I don't like the look of a trailer but that a modular home is completely different. And they are sturdy and to give it a chance...

To which I go "but all the trailers I have been in don't seem very stable and it's hard to set them up in a fluid manner because of their rectangular set up and I don't want all our rooms to be in a line across our house"

** Again, I promise this makes me sound more snooty than I am....whiny? Yes, Snooty? Not usually ****

Then he goes...You know Uncle Carls house? That's a modular home! To which I go...you're kidding me, I LOVE their house. Anyway, I agree to go look at them and that's exactly what we did yesterday. Now, the first place we went to had the rectangular all in a line room layout that I don't really like. But then we went to another place and I instantly fell in love with three of the homes .... from the highway.... as we were driving in

In the end we toured all of the models they had and got tons of information. I realized that they now build these homes just as solid as they build a "regular" house and that really awesome layouts do exist. So, we left with everything we needed to know including the floor plans to not one, but four homes that we love.

Oh, and we qualify for more than enough to get three of the four that we like. And, the fourth one is right at what we qualify for. So, we have a lot of thinking and comparing and preparation to do. But, we are hoping to be in a home by the time our lease ends on our apartment (January)...keep your fingers crossed for us please!!!

Ok, so I promise I am done with all the non-Disney related stuff...sorry to everyone that I fell asleep during my long ramblings over personal stuff.

Now on with the Disney planning....

Well, as you can tell we are having a really hard time making a lot of choices for our trip. There are so many awesome things that can be done at WDW and there just isn't enough time to do it in. So, we have decided that we are now going to get the MYW tickets with the park hopper option and the water parks fun and more option After seeing that it only cost $50.00 more per person and going to a water park is $40.00 we knew that it was a "no brainer" decision for us.

Then Candi saw the worst information EVER that Disney could have placed on their website...........the WPFM option now includes a round of golf So, we are adding that to our list of options for "additional" activities for our "relaxing" days. Thanks a lot Disney Totally, kidding. Plus, it's only good at their 9 hole course so at least it won't be golfing all day long. I just have to make sure he chooses a tee time that is after his golf lesson Here is the part I don't like though....I heard that you always get paired with other people when you golf at Disney. And, well, I am awful and get embarassed to golf in front of people I don't know. You see, here we always go with his brother so they send the 3 of us out on the course without anyone else. But, I've only ever had to golf with someone I don't know once and I hated it. Even if they weren't, I felt like that were both making fun of me in their head and getting annoyed that I was taking too long. I mean let's face it...if it takes most people 3 shots to get it in the hole it takes me double So, now I'm nervous On a brighter note I have an excuse to buy new clothes... but honey, it's for golfing

Ok, so I guess that's all the updates I have for today... I really wish Southwest would hurry up and release their September fares already. I heard that it won't be happening until April 14 and yes, that feels like a million years away to me

And then I have to wait another "million years" for Disney to release their park hours

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2009, 12:31 PM   #64
DisneymoonJess07
I <3 Disney - can I go back now??

All your house plans sound wonderful! How sweet of your in-laws!!! We would love a house, but we keep needing to live in cities, and that just always means everything is out of our price range, or that we're about to move...

Anyway, I am SO with you on the whole like, they need to publish the rates for September tomorrow. I am tempted to just book the Airtran tickets because it seems like it's the same deal but they have rates now....

PTR: MAY we go to Disney? Yes we MAY! May 2014
Our Trip Report: "Say Hi to Mickey for me!" - A Disneymoon Two Years in the Making *unfinished*
Our Pre-Trip Report - 2nd Anniversary Disneymoon Sept. 2009
Booed by n2wdisneyw!
1991 - offsite , 1994 - offsite , 1996 - offsite , 1999 - ASSp , 2009 - POR! w/free dining! 2014 - ?
Old 03-30-2009, 09:13 PM   #65
teddygurl28
DIS Veteran

ok yey i can throw out my lil bit of planning advice!

winter/summer land golf course at blizzard beach was my favorite mini golf, we did the winter land side because i thought it would be fun to play on the winter side in the middle of the blazing heat....

....i havent been to typhoon lagoon since i was 8...im 25...so i dont remember it much...but i remembered that i liked it ( except for the swimming with the sharks thing....freaked me out...do they still have that?)
..blizzard beach i was 18 the last time i went..so im progressing with age hhaha it was fun though, i liked the lazy river there

segway tour i cant say, dbf wants to do it when we go on our honeymoon next year ( im not thrilled...im bound to fall off of the thing but if it makes him happy i suppose i can do one thing for him)

also...1900 park fare for dinner..features cinderella, prince charming, lady tremaine and the step sisters..i know you have crazy amounts of dinner back ups..but you should throw that on your list

the dining plan is a must ( i think) we did deluxe last year, and will do deluxe again next year

you mentioned the fantasmic package...we did mama melrose's ...people have mixed feelings about it...i just like plain pasta and it was fine for me, we had an early seating (almost a lunch time seating) and then had a snack type/sandwhich before the show

....i forget what else you were looking for opinions on that changed haha, but ill check back and see if theres anything else i can help with! oh how i love disney, since i wont be going til next september i love when others get to go now, and you do such a good job with detailing everything, you plan so lovely, and like your honeymoon report--its the coke in the morning that must get you through it!
2001(JAN)-All Star Music
2002(JUNE)-Caribbean Beach Resort
2008(SEPT)-Port Orleans Riverside
2010(SEPT)-Beach Club Villas/Grand Floridian
2011(SEPT)-Boardwalk Villas/Poly
2012(FEB)-Caribbean Beach Resort
2012(SEPT)-Boardwalk/Yacht Club
2013(SEPT)-Port Orleans French Quarter
2014(MAY)-Port Orleans Riverside
Old 03-30-2009, 09:20 PM   #66
DisneymoonJess07

Your trip should be eligible for Free Dining!!

Our Trip Report: "Say Hi to Mickey for me!" - A Disneymoon Two Years in the Making *unfinished*
Booed by n2wdisneyw!
1991 - offsite , 1994 - offsite , 1996 - offsite , 1999 - ASSp , 2009 - POR! w/free dining! 2014 - ?
Old 03-31-2009, 12:46 PM   #67
HeatherBelle614
Always wishing on a star!

So excited for you that you guys are looking at homes! I wish we could do that, but we aren't going to even look in to it until I'm done with law school since we have no idea where we'll end up! Keep us updated!

You should definitely check out the new free dining to the public offer!!

Working on a fantastic dream now; new ticker to come soon!
Old 03-31-2009, 07:29 PM   #68
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneymoonJess07 View Post
All your house plans sound wonderful! How sweet of your in-laws!!! We would love a house, but we keep needing to live in cities, and that just always means everything is out of our price range, or that we're about to move...

Anyway, I am SO with you on the whole like, they need to publish the rates for September tomorrow. I am tempted to just book the Airtran tickets because it seems like it's the same deal but they have rates now....
Thank you very much

It looks like Southwest is planning on releasing rates for everything through October on April 14. Now, normally I am not a mornng person but let me tell you, bright and early that morning I will be like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddygurl28 View Post
ok yey i can throw out my lil bit of planning advice!

winter/summer land golf course at blizzard beach was my favorite mini golf, we did the winter land side because i thought it would be fun to play on the winter side in the middle of the blazing heat....

....i havent been to typhoon lagoon since i was 8...im 25...so i dont remember it much...but i remembered that i liked it ( except for the swimming with the sharks thing....freaked me out...do they still have that?)
..blizzard beach i was 18 the last time i went..so im progressing with age hhaha it was fun though, i liked the lazy river there

segway tour i cant say, dbf wants to do it when we go on our honeymoon next year ( im not thrilled...im bound to fall off of the thing but if it makes him happy i suppose i can do one thing for him)

also...1900 park fare for dinner..features cinderella, prince charming, lady tremaine and the step sisters..i know you have crazy amounts of dinner back ups..but you should throw that on your list

the dining plan is a must ( i think) we did deluxe last year, and will do deluxe again next year

you mentioned the fantasmic package...we did mama melrose's ...people have mixed feelings about it...i just like plain pasta and it was fine for me, we had an early seating (almost a lunch time seating) and then had a snack type/sandwhich before the show

....i forget what else you were looking for opinions on that changed haha, but ill check back and see if theres anything else i can help with! oh how i love disney, since i wont be going til next september i love when others get to go now, and you do such a good job with detailing everything, you plan so lovely, and like your honeymoon report--its the coke in the morning that must get you through it!
Thank you for all your advice...it has been very helpful

We were leaning towards the Winter/Summerland if we do putt-putt it just looks more "Disney"

I'm glad to hear that you are pro-dining plan We still worry that it might be too much food on the deluxe (but not enough on the regular). However, we are very excited to try it for the first time. I know it's not actually free but I think it will be fun to get a bill for our meals and only have to pay the tip!!

Thank you for the comment on my "detailed-ness" my Husband calls it a sickness..I just call it prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherBelle614 View Post
So excited for you that you guys are looking at homes! I wish we could do that, but we aren't going to even look in to it until I'm done with law school since we have no idea where we'll end up! Keep us updated!

You should definitely check out the new free dining to the public offer!!
Hi Heather!! Don't worry it took us a very long time to get to the "house point" in our lives. We have been living in an apartment for 6 years (together) and then I lived in dorms for 3 years before that. It's still in the "planning" stages but hopefully it will be reality by next summer

I would love to do the free dining, but since we are staying on DVC points we don't qualify

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneymoonJess07 View Post
Your trip should be eligible for Free Dining!!
Oh how I wish it was, but since we are staying on DVC points we can't. I guess that makes sense, but I still wish it wasn't true
Old 03-31-2009, 08:14 PM   #69
DisneymoonJess07

Too bad about the free dining, but I am with you about the Southwest tickets and me being up to book them...btw, the 14th is a random time to release them....it's a Tuesday for heaven's sake!

Booed by n2wdisneyw!
Old 04-01-2009, 08:08 PM   #70
teddygurl28
DIS Veteran

the deluxe was a lot of points....but we took advantage and had alot of nice meals, signature dining..i also always have salad or soup with my meal so having the appitizer was good

im sure the regular meal plan is great, with the potential of only paying minimum oop stuff...i just didnt want to have to pay for anything but alcohol and tips when i went, it made it easier paying up front
2001(JAN)-All Star Music
2002(JUNE)-Caribbean Beach Resort
2008(SEPT)-Port Orleans Riverside
2010(SEPT)-Beach Club Villas/Grand Floridian
2011(SEPT)-Boardwalk Villas/Poly
2012(FEB)-Caribbean Beach Resort
2012(SEPT)-Boardwalk/Yacht Club
2013(SEPT)-Port Orleans French Quarter
2014(MAY)-Port Orleans Riverside
Old 04-06-2009, 09:53 AM   #71
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Hi Shannon! I just read your entire PTR!! Great plans so far! I'm sorry that your in-laws and parents won't be able to go with yall. But at the same time, it'll be really great to have the time alone with Candi! Have you done MNSSHP before? I went a few years ago and we had so much fun! You'll love it. I'm excited to read about all of your plans! Oh--and we love swing dancing too

Upcoming: Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 04-06-2009, 08:12 PM   #72
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddygurl28 View Post
the deluxe was a lot of points....but we took advantage and had alot of nice meals, signature dining..i also always have salad or soup with my meal so having the appitizer was good

im sure the regular meal plan is great, with the potential of only paying minimum oop stuff...i just didnt want to have to pay for anything but alcohol and tips when i went, it made it easier paying up front
That's my thought process exactly!!! I have actually put extra money in our budget for Epcot days because there are SO many yummy drinks to try

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
Hi Shannon! I just read your entire PTR!! Great plans so far! I'm sorry that your in-laws and parents won't be able to go with yall. But at the same time, it'll be really great to have the time alone with Candi! Have you done MNSSHP before? I went a few years ago and we had so much fun! You'll love it. I'm excited to read about all of your plans! Oh--and we love swing dancing too
Thanks for joining in on our PTR

We've never done MNSSHP before and I am super excited!! Everyone I've talked to says that it's awesome

YAY...another swing dancing couple...a lot of people look at us like we're nuts when we say we love to swing dance
Old 04-09-2009, 12:22 AM   #73
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Hey! I was going back through my early posts and saw that you started a TR. And I actually leave the day you arrive! Darn it. We could have had a dismeet! I am so excited about deluxe dining. We're trying out so many new places. I will say this Yak n Yeti is very good! I LOVE the won ton dessert. It's the best dessert I've ever had at WDW! I'll be back to read more later!
Old 04-09-2009, 10:42 PM   #74
figmentfan814
DIS Veteran

Okay, I'm a little behind; congratulations on looking into houses. DH and I lucked out (maybe not the right terms) to live in a state that is full of foreclosures, we were able to buy a condo last year at a steal. Literally half the price of our original budget. I wish you luck and how great to get a completely new home with the modular

That's really cool that golf is added as an option. Is there any additional cost besides the standard ticket upgrade?

PJ ~
DFTW 3-3-08:
16 Trips to WDW since 1983 ~ 4 Trips to DL ~ 1 Disney Cruise ~ 1 Universal Orlando Trip

Old 04-13-2009, 08:59 PM   #75
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
Hey! I was going back through my early posts and saw that you started a TR. And I actually leave the day you arrive! Darn it. We could have had a dismeet! I am so excited about deluxe dining. We're trying out so many new places. I will say this Yak n Yeti is very good! I LOVE the won ton dessert. It's the best dessert I've ever had at WDW! I'll be back to read more later!
Wow, I feel like I should bow down to you...I see from your TRs that you are quite the DIS celebrity

That sucks that our stays don't overlap, that appears to be happening to me with a lot of people on here

I am getting super excited about Yak and Yeti, I haven't heard a bad thing about it...the dessert anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentfan814 View Post
Okay, I'm a little behind; congratulations on looking into houses. DH and I lucked out (maybe not the right terms) to live in a state that is full of foreclosures, we were able to buy a condo last year at a steal. Literally half the price of our original budget. I wish you luck and how great to get a completely new home with the modular

That's really cool that golf is added as an option. Is there any additional cost besides the standard ticket upgrade?
Hi Vanessa!! Wow, you did get really lucky with your home!

I'm not too sure how you go about the golf that they added as an upgrade. I will have to check into it, but as far as I know the additional costs would be if you needed to rent clubs or a cart or something.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: