Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2009, 08:50 PM   #46
HeatherBelle614
Always wishing on a star!

Uhmmm! We're going to the same MNSSHP. DIS meet, yes???

Working on a fantastic dream now; new ticker to come soon!
Old 03-12-2009, 08:10 PM   #47
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherBelle614 View Post
Uhmmm! We're going to the same MNSSHP. DIS meet, yes???
Sounds like a great idea
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2009, 08:18 PM   #48
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Because there haven't been enough changes already....

Ok, this is a HUGE and permanent change....

It's both good and bad....

We just found out that Candi's parents can no longer go with us to Disney World. There were a lot of reasons but a big one was because of how long we are going. Candi's Dad is a rancher and his Mom works in healthcare and they can't really miss more than five or six days of work. Well, considering it takes half a day to get there and back it only left four days for WDW and that just wasn't enough, so they decided not to go, however....

They decided to take us to Disneyland in May so we can still have a family vacation

Which means we get to go to both again!!!!!!!! Is it really mean that I am more excited about this plan I know, it kind of is, but I can't help it, just call me a big "meany"

Anyway, now there are major changes for our Disney World trip and I can't wait to share them all with you....
Old 03-14-2009, 01:52 PM   #49
HeatherBelle614

Oh, woohoo to DLR!!! I've never been and want to make it there some day!

I need your info over on my PTR, lady!

Old 03-18-2009, 02:45 PM   #50
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

A little of this...a little of that...a whole lot of random...

Well, since the most recent change of Candi's parents not being able to come on the trip with us, we have made several changes to....oh, I don't know, everything We are both really sad that his parents can't come with us, but we knew that it was a possibility and we are still getting to go on a (different) trip with them, so we are continuing on with our trip planning and still majorly looking forward to going to WDW

Now, since it's just the two of us (cue the Will Smith song ) we decided to go back and take a look at our plans. In doing so we realized that there were many things we didn't add to the "itinerary" that we wanted to because we didn't want to wear out his parents.

So, where or where do I begin?????

Change #1:
We will now be leaving on September 4 instead of September 5. This does change other things (as you will see in a minute) but we think this works out better for us. It gives us an extra day...and really how much more persuading do you need Plus it fit really well with our (new) itinerary (coming your way shortly ).

Change #2:
This one is a surprise!!!! Because we are now going to be going to Disneyland (which of course used up a chunk of our DVC points) and we are going to be headed to WDW a day earlier (again using up more points) we now have to either stay the whole time in a studio or half of the time in a studio and half of the time in a 1 bedroom. Well, of course we would love to have a 1 bedroom...hello??? Whirlpool tub!!!!!!! So, Candi thinks that we are doing half and half at Animal Kingdom. However....

When I called to change the dates I also decided to do a different kind of split stay. You see, we were already going to be switching rooms so why not switch the entire resort. Makes perfect sense right So, we will be staying September 4-8 in a studio at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge and then September 8-13 in a 1 bedroom at the Kidani Village at Animal Kingdom (savannah view of course ).

I know how much Candi LOVES the WL and I also know that he offered to stay at AK becaus he knows how much I want to (and because that's our "home" resort). But, I thought it would be neat and "romantical" to go back to where we spent our honeymoon He is going to be super excited when he finds out...I can't wait to see his face!!

Change #3:

Ummm....the entire "itinerary"

Because we are going a day earlier and because of the way our hotel split works I decided to change a couple of things....but that turned into a lot of things

So, our new "itinerary" looks like this:

September 4: Check in to WL, relax, DTD
September 5: Magic Kingdom
September 6: Epcot
September 7: Hollywood Studios
September 8: Check out of WL/Check into AKL "free day"
September 9: Animal Kingdom
September 10: Epcot
September 11: "free day" followed by MNSSHP!!!
September 12: Magic Kingdom
September 13: The saddest day ever...bye, bye WDW (Fun fact: Exactly 8 years ago today, Candi and I went on our very first date ).

Change #4:

Restaurant choices

More on that later

In other News....

I have already made my first purchase for our trip ("no babe I'm not buying things for WDW 6 months ahead of time, only a crazy person would do that" )

You see we have decided to try the whole pin trading thing this time. And I ended up buying a HUGE lot of pins from Ebay (approximately 75 of them ). Well, I just got them in the other day and I am quite pleased. There are several that are perfect for us (including a Mickey dressed like an Atlanta Braves player....Candi was super excited ). Of course there are also others that we don't really like, but those make perfect "traders" YAY!!! FUN STUFF!!

I also made my first clothing purchase. I found this shirt on Ebay

I couldn't resist...I think it is SOO cute. And it was a great deal. It is brand new with the tags and everything and I only paid $4.00 including shipping. Seriously, I couldn't pass it up!!

Welp, I am off to go grocery shopping. But I will be back soon because I need to discuss our (new) restaurant choices and activity suggestions with you lovely ladies!!

Hope everyone is having a great week
Old 03-19-2009, 07:31 PM   #51
HeatherBelle614

YAY for your extra day and the exciting news with resorts!! How fun!

I love, love, love your shirt! What an awesome find! I need to start looking, but I only seem to find over-priced stuff. What'd you search to find that one??

Old 03-20-2009, 06:16 PM   #52
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherBelle614 View Post
YAY for your extra day and the exciting news with resorts!! How fun!

I love, love, love your shirt! What an awesome find! I need to start looking, but I only seem to find over-priced stuff. What'd you search to find that one??
Thank you! I never seem to find super good deals on Ebay, so I had to get it I searched "Disney Shirts" and came across it. I will let you know if I see another one and pm you the seller link if I do
Old 03-20-2009, 06:29 PM   #53
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Yes we are obsessed with food!!

Currently our "final" choices for ADRs are as follows:

Breakfast:

1. Cinderella's Royal Table
2. Akershus Storybook Princess (we may only do this one if we can't get CRT...not too sure yet )
3. Whispering Canyon Cafe
4. 1900 Park Fair
5. Boma

Lunch:

1. Coral Reef ... as stated earlier we just like the sound of the lunch menu better than the dinner one
2. Rose & Crown
3. Beaches & Cream

However, the only place we will probably make an actual ADR for is Coral Reef. I really hate the idea of working our whole day around ADR times. I don't think Rose & Crown should be hard to walk up to for lunch. Feel free to correct me if you disagree

Dinner:

1. Fulton's Crab House - this one will be out of pocket because it's not on the meal plan but I know how much Hubby wants to eat here
2. California Grill - during fireworks of course
3. Le Cellier - can't wait to try the cheddar cheese soup!
4. Yachtsman Steakhouse - we are steak lovers and I am hoping we will love it as much as FigmentFan814 and her Hubby do!
5. Teppan Edo - we wanted to eat here so bad on our honeymoon but couldn't get an ADR or a walk-up
6. Artist Point - Candi is dying to try the Cedar Plank Salmon!
7. Narcoossee's
8. Spirit of Aloha - we loved it last time and decided this would be one of our only repeats from our honeymoon meals (CRT and Rose & Crown being the other two )
9. Yak and Yeti - friend wontons (sound) yum yum yum

Dinner "Back-Ups"

In case we are unable to get any of our desired dinner ADRs

1. Citricos
2. Ohana
3. Kona Cafe
4. Tony's Town Square

So what do you guys think???? I know we have a lot of (longer, "fancier") sit-down meals but that was intentional. I am going to try my best to take it easy on this trip and not be so "go go go" Yeah, I will let you know how that goes in my post TR
Old 03-20-2009, 08:23 PM   #54
figmentfan814
DIS Veteran

O'hanas only makes the backup list Kris won't let us go on a trip to Disney without a dinner there, my dad is the same way Besides that your choices sound fantastic. We just had lunch at the Coral Reef and the menu was definitely nice. I hope you enjoy Yachtsman too!

I love your shirt! I tried to buy it a while back on Disney shopping, but they never had my size.

PJ ~
DFTW 3-3-08:
16 Trips to WDW since 1983 ~ 4 Trips to DL ~ 1 Disney Cruise ~ 1 Universal Orlando Trip

Old 03-23-2009, 07:03 PM   #55
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentfan814 View Post
O'hanas only makes the backup list Kris won't let us go on a trip to Disney without a dinner there, my dad is the same way Besides that your choices sound fantastic. We just had lunch at the Coral Reef and the menu was definitely nice. I hope you enjoy Yachtsman too!

I love your shirt! I tried to buy it a while back on Disney shopping, but they never had my size.
LOL Trust me, it was a hard choice to take all of our "back up" restaurants off of the "primary" list...I said it was a perfect reason to stay longer Hubby didn't quite agree with that logic All the more reason to go back next year though
Old 03-24-2009, 11:25 AM   #56
tiggersam00
Dole Whip addict... and proud of it!

Oh all your meals look yummy! Are you going to stop for a "tortilla with chocolate sauce" too?? I just love that story
Old 03-25-2009, 08:35 PM   #57
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggersam00 View Post
Oh all your meals look yummy! Are you going to stop for a "tortilla with chocolate sauce" too?? I just love that story
Most definitely!! No matter how good Candi can make me chocolate covered tortillas they still taste better from the France pavilion in Epcot
Old 03-25-2009, 08:51 PM   #58
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

More "odds and ends" of planning in my head

We have been talking about "taking it easy" on this trip and because of that we have been discussing other things to do besides touring the parks Well, so far we have come up with several ideas and I need your help to help me decide which things we will actually do.

So far we have decided it would be fun to do the following:

1. Renting sea doos and roaming around Bay Lake (we know we could just do this at our local lake but not with the MK in the background and it would be a more relaxing activity)

2. Around the World at Epcot Segway Tour (My main concern is Candi's bad ankle/knee, is this going to make it harder for him to balance himself on the transporter?)

3. Photo session at either Poly, WL or BC (we know that the photopass type photographers don't always have the best skills but we figured if we walked away with even a few pictures we liked we would be happy Plus we get a DVC discount on it which makes it more worth the risk to us )(If we do this which location should we choose? What time of day? What should we wear? Oh so many questions on this one )

4. Carriage Ride (Fort Wilderness or Port Orleans?)

5. Putt - putt (Which course is better?)

6. Disney Quest (Is it fun?)

7. Water Park (Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon? I went to BB in 1998 with my Dad and I LOVED it, but I've never been to TL. Candi has never been to a water park EVERWhich would be more enjoyable for a rookie?)

Now, keeping in mind that I have the private golf lesson booked for Candi as his Anniversary gift (and a facial for myself at the time of his lesson ), what other activity(ies) would you recommend? Candi is thinking 2-3 depending on which ones but he doesn't know about the lesson so I'm thinking two of the above.

I need your help!!!! All feedback and opinions are much appreciated

Hope everyone is having a great week!!
Old 03-26-2009, 12:54 PM   #59
tiggersam00
Dole Whip addict... and proud of it!

Hey Shannon,

Ok all your ideas sound awesome so here is my 2 cents

1) The Sea Doos sound like a great way to take it easy, maybe after your facial and Candi's golf lesson as a way to spend some time together??

2. Around the World at Epcot Segway Tour, this sounds awesome, Dave and I really want to do this, but I have heard from people that it can be a long morning of standing around in one place, so if that bothers Cani I would pass on this. If he is ok standing for a while then go for it, it looks awesome!

3. Photo session, I would love to do this at the Poly just because it looks like such a great backdrop

4. Carriage Ride this would be nice at dusk at PO then you could take the boat to DTD for dinner, very romantic

5. Putt - putt, I have been wondering myself, I will get back to you after our trip next week and give you the full report

6. Disney Quest I have never been too, but to be honest video games aren't my thing, so I am not the best person to give my opinion on this... plus I don't like motion simulator rides as they make me a bit quesy

7. Water Park TL is my all time fave!!! I love swimming in the shark reef and the whole park just feels a bit more mellow the BB. I always do a day at TL when we go in the summer (and we will be again in August)
Old 03-26-2009, 02:44 PM   #60
figmentfan814
DIS Veteran

1. Sounds like a lot of fun. I have only been on the boats at Disney for fireworks cruises and for parasailing and Sammy Duvall's behind Contemporary, but I think these would be a blast too.

2. For the Segway tour if standing bothers him a lot what about doing the introductory tour instead of the World Showcase one?

3. I think you should definitely do the Photos at one of the resorts. Although, I love these sceneries because they remind me of our enagement pictures which we did at Wilderness and Polynesian.

4. A carriage ride sounds so romantic. We had tried to do the one at POR this trip, but we didn't have enough time. For Fort Wilderness we have done the hay ride there (we did it as a welcome party for our wedding guests) and it was very scenic and peaceful. I'm not sure if they follow the same path or not.

5. Putt-putt is always a blast! We have done both courses, but if you're going at night and don't have a car the Fantasia one by the Swan & Dolphin is easier to get to because of the buses. Don't do the hard one there though that fairways one is so hard! Definitely do the fun Disney themed one.

6. We just went to Disney Quest for the second time. Although, it had been 7 years since we went there. I am not into video games either, but we met another Disney bride and her husband there and had a great time! They have a section where you can try a bunch of drawing and animation things. Plus, a whole floor with sports games- I loved the bowling! There is one floor with the virtual reality and one with the Pirates and Jungle cruise rides which are fun as long as no one has motion sickness. There are also things like race cars, etc. It reminds me of a GameWorks or Dave & Busters in that respect. It is pretty expensive though, so if you're investing in going you will probably want to spend the entire day there.

7. I've never been to any Disney waterparks, which I honestly can't believe

PJ ~
DFTW 3-3-08:
16 Trips to WDW since 1983 ~ 4 Trips to DL ~ 1 Disney Cruise ~ 1 Universal Orlando Trip

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: