Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2009, 03:52 PM   #16
HeatherBelle614
Always wishing on a star!

I'm so in on your PTR! We're going to be there the same time!! (Literally, same exact time!)

I'm so envious of your DCV membership; we'll get there - some day. I need to put any extra towards law school right now, though. I can't wait to hear more about your stay and DVC experience!

It looks like we'll be eating at some of the same places on the same days; I need to post my temporary plans soon. I'm so nervous about this 90 day window for ADRs! The OCD planner in me is so used to 180 days. Ugh!

Working on a fantastic dream now; new ticker to come soon!
Old 02-11-2009, 07:50 PM   #17
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherBelle614 View Post
I'm so in on your PTR! We're going to be there the same time!! (Literally, same exact time!)

I'm so envious of your DCV membership; we'll get there - some day. I need to put any extra towards law school right now, though. I can't wait to hear more about your stay and DVC experience!

It looks like we'll be eating at some of the same places on the same days; I need to post my temporary plans soon. I'm so nervous about this 90 day window for ADRs! The OCD planner in me is so used to 180 days. Ugh!
Welcome and thank you for joining in How awesome that we will be there at the same time....you are actually the first person I have come across that is even going to be there in September!! I just hope it's not too busy over Labor Day

I hear ya about the 90 day it's driving me nuts!!!

That's amazing that you are going to be going to Law School Where are you planning to attend?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2009, 02:21 PM   #18
HeatherBelle614

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel1025 View Post
Welcome and thank you for joining in How awesome that we will be there at the same time....you are actually the first person I have come across that is even going to be there in September!! I just hope it's not too busy over Labor Day

I hear ya about the 90 day it's driving me nuts!!!

That's amazing that you are going to be going to Law School Where are you planning to attend?
We're going to use Labor Day as our day off from the parks to do DTD; I've heard that day can be a bit busy with locals, but that it gets really quiet the next day.

I'm not sure yet; I start applying this summer, but the schools I'm interested in are all over the country!

Old 02-14-2009, 09:02 AM   #19
HeatherBelle614

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!

Old 02-16-2009, 02:31 PM   #20
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!
Aww, thank you I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day as well...I was sick Boo!! But we usually don't do anything that day anyway. I think it's silly to reserve only "one day" to prove how much we love each other
Old 02-16-2009, 02:49 PM   #21
HeatherBelle614

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel1025 View Post
Aww, thank you I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day as well...I was sick Boo!! But we usually don't do anything that day anyway. I think it's silly to reserve only "one day" to prove how much we love each other
Ditto that, entirely. DH doesn't do "Hallmark holidays."

UPDATE! UPDATE!

Old 02-16-2009, 03:44 PM   #22
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Relaxation and Romance...

Ok, so I think this is the day that I am most excted about. We knew when planning this trip that we would need a day to relax in order to avoid grumpiness.

Well, my crazy husband thanks that relaxation = golf So, because of that we have created a kick butt plan for Wednesday....

In the morning Candi and his Dad (and my Dad if my parents get to come) are going to go play golf (too bad his Dad is not yet aware of this ). Now, depeding on the best rate will depend on what time they go, which in turn will effect the "girly" morning. Originally we looked at doing the DVC discount which means that the earliest tee time would be 10am. But after posting some golf questions on the wonderful DIS I learned that they may be able to get some sort of slice price deal. I am not sure all the restrictions on this yet, but we will do whatever ends up being the cheapest.

While the boys are wasting energy on the golf course the girls are going to enjoy a relaxing breakfast together. I have narrowed down my choices to either Grand Floridian Cafe or (if we haven't ate there already) 1900 Park Fare. After our super yummy breakfast we are going to enjoy some spa time!!! I think that I will start with each of us doing a water therapy soak and then follow that up with a facial. Now (if we can plan this properly) the boys will be finished with golf around the same time we finish our facials they will then meet us at the spa and the remainder of this day will turn into...

DATE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!

This will begin with each of us getting a couple's massage and then we will all go back to the room to get ready for a romantic evening out. I am going to make separate dinner reservations for each of us so we can all have some time with our Hubbies

Now here is where I need help....I have narrowed (I use that term VERY lightly) the date night restaurants down to the following:

1. The Dining Room at Wolfgang Puck
2. Narcoossess's
3. Artist Point
4. Citricos
5. Bistro de Paris
6. California Grill

I am also considering setting up the carriage ride for me and Candi for before our dinner...you know, sorta cheesy but romantic?

Following dinner we will continue on our separate ways doing whatever we decide at the time

Now, I know you've been waiting for it...

Quenstion Time:

1. Which spa should we choose - Grand Floridian, Saratoga Springs or Mandara (at the Dolphin)? Have you tried any of these? Did you like them? Why or why not?

2. What do you think of the Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast?

3. Out of our 6 date night restaurants what would be your top 3? Why?
*** We are looking for a romantic atmosphere with good food

4. Out of our 6 date night restaurants which ones have you tried? Did you like them? Why or why not?

5. What are your thoughts on the carriage ride?

I am SOO excited about this day and can't wait to hear all your input!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 07:37 PM   #23
HeatherBelle614

I just have to tell you that I've been to the dining room at WP twice, and both times were terrible!! When we went last for our date/dressy night on our honeymoon, it RUINED the night.

The service was horrible, and the food was really disappointing. If that's one you're unsure of, I'd cross it off your list!

Old 02-17-2009, 11:52 AM   #24
tiggersam00
Dole Whip addict... and proud of it!

Quote:
ariel1025 Ok, so I think this is the day that I am most excted about. We knew when planning this trip that we would need a day to relax in order to avoid grumpiness.

Well, my crazy husband thanks that relaxation = golf So, because of that we have created a kick butt plan for Wednesday....

In the morning Candi and his Dad (and my Dad if my parents get to come) are going to go play golf (too bad his Dad is not yet aware of this ). Now, depeding on the best rate will depend on what time they go, which in turn will effect the "girly" morning. Originally we looked at doing the DVC discount which means that the earliest tee time would be 10am. But after posting some golf questions on the wonderful DIS I learned that they may be able to get some sort of slice price deal. I am not sure all the restrictions on this yet, but we will do whatever ends up being the cheapest.

While the boys are wasting energy on the golf course the girls are going to enjoy a relaxing breakfast together. I have narrowed down my choices to either Grand Floridian Cafe or (if we haven't ate there already) 1900 Park Fare. After our super yummy breakfast we are going to enjoy some spa time!!! I think that I will start with each of us doing a water therapy soak and then follow that up with a facial. Now (if we can plan this properly) the boys will be finished with golf around the same time we finish our facials they will then meet us at the spa and the remainder of this day will turn into...

DATE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!

This will begin with each of us getting a couple's massage and then we will all go back to the room to get ready for a romantic evening out. I am going to make separate dinner reservations for each of us so we can all have some time with our Hubbies

Now here is where I need help....I have narrowed (I use that term VERY lightly) the date night restaurants down to the following:

1. The Dining Room at Wolfgang Puck
2. Narcoossess's
3. Artist Point
4. Citricos
5. Bistro de Paris
6. California Grill

I am also considering setting up the carriage ride for me and Candi for before our dinner...you know, sorta cheesy but romantic?

Following dinner we will continue on our separate ways doing whatever we decide at the time

Now, I know you've been waiting for it...

Quenstion Time:

1. Which spa should we choose - Grand Floridian, Saratoga Springs or Mandara (at the Dolphin)? Have you tried any of these? Did you like them? Why or why not?

2. What do you think of the Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast?

3. Out of our 6 date night restaurants what would be your top 3? Why?
*** We are looking for a romantic atmosphere with good food

4. Out of our 6 date night restaurants which ones have you tried? Did you like them? Why or why not?

I am SOO excited about this day and can't wait to hear all your input!!!
Great Plan Shannon!! You will all be super relaxed for the parks after that!
Not sure if this helps plan "girly morning" but the morning of my wedding I am taking my bridesmaids to 1900 Park fair for breakfast b/c it is a little girly, so that would be a good option maybe
If you did that, then you could hop over to the spa at the GF (which I have heard great things about)
For restaurants I would pick Citrico's, California Grill and Artist Point. They are my 3 MUST tries for August, I have heard great things about Narcossesses too, but I am not a fish person, so it is not really to my taste...
The carriage ride sounds sooo romantic, you could go at the Fort Wilderness and then eat at Artist Point after since it's not too far ...
Yay for disney trips!!
Old 02-23-2009, 10:43 PM   #25
figmentfan814
DIS Veteran

I just found the link to your TR and it sounds like you are going to have a wonderful trip. My parents were down at Disney at the same time for part of our recent anniversary trip. It was a combination of reasons, but we actaully mentioned it to them. We just spent a few days together and still had plenty of time on our own. I have to ask are either of you only children? DH and I are both only children, so we naturally do a lot of trips with our parents

Anyway, a couple of random thoughts on your different dining options. The friend wontons at Yak & Yeti are amazing; we just had them on our trip a few weeks ago. From some of your earlier questions ~ Coral Reef is still pretty busy at lunch. We ate there too at lunch and waited about 20 minutes even with our ADR. Yachtsman is fantastic you will definitely love it if you are a steak person. DH and I love steak and this is one of our favorite restaurants on property

The carriage ride will be extremely romantic! There was a girl on the wedding boards who was recently engaged during one at POR. I agree that the one at Fort Wilderness would be perfect for some of the dinner options you mentioned

Congrats on DVC; that is definitely on our want list as soon as we pay off our wedding

PJ ~
DFTW 3-3-08:
16 Trips to WDW since 1983 ~ 4 Trips to DL ~ 1 Disney Cruise ~ 1 Universal Orlando Trip

Old 02-26-2009, 08:21 PM   #26
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just have to tell you that I've been to the dining room at WP twice, and both times were terrible!! When we went last for our date/dressy night on our honeymoon, it RUINED the night.

The service was horrible, and the food was really disappointing. If that's one you're unsure of, I'd cross it off your list!
Thank you for your feedback!! That's exactly why I love the DIS, I know you guys will give me all the information I am seeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggersam00 View Post
Great Plan Shannon!! You will all be super relaxed for the parks after that!
Not sure if this helps plan "girly morning" but the morning of my wedding I am taking my bridesmaids to 1900 Park fair for breakfast b/c it is a little girly, so that would be a good option maybe
If you did that, then you could hop over to the spa at the GF (which I have heard great things about)
For restaurants I would pick Citrico's, California Grill and Artist Point. They are my 3 MUST tries for August, I have heard great things about Narcossesses too, but I am not a fish person, so it is not really to my taste...
The carriage ride sounds sooo romantic, you could go at the Fort Wilderness and then eat at Artist Point after since it's not too far ...
Yay for disney trips!!
That's exactly what I was thinking about 1900 Park Fare also...plus I have a fun little plan that I developed that would fit perfect with that...I will post it on my update soon

Thanks for your opinion on the dinner choices...my problem is that I have about a million on my MUST try list

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentfan814 View Post
I just found the link to your TR and it sounds like you are going to have a wonderful trip. My parents were down at Disney at the same time for part of our recent anniversary trip. It was a combination of reasons, but we actaully mentioned it to them. We just spent a few days together and still had plenty of time on our own. I have to ask are either of you only children? DH and I are both only children, so we naturally do a lot of trips with our parents

Anyway, a couple of random thoughts on your different dining options. The friend wontons at Yak & Yeti are amazing; we just had them on our trip a few weeks ago. From some of your earlier questions ~ Coral Reef is still pretty busy at lunch. We ate there too at lunch and waited about 20 minutes even with our ADR. Yachtsman is fantastic you will definitely love it if you are a steak person. DH and I love steak and this is one of our favorite restaurants on property

The carriage ride will be extremely romantic! There was a girl on the wedding boards who was recently engaged during one at POR. I agree that the one at Fort Wilderness would be perfect for some of the dinner options you mentioned

Congrats on DVC; that is definitely on our want list as soon as we pay off our wedding

Hi and thanks for joining It's so much fun to meet new people that love Disney as much as me

Actually neither one of us are only children and we really wanted his brother and my sister to go. But my sister can't get very much time off from work (it's her first year working for the USPS so I guess they are very strict about time off) and his brother doesn't want to go

Thanks for the feedback on the restaurants...I am super glad to hear that you enjoyed the fried wontons because I am super excited to try them. We are definitely steak lovers (my husband's Dad works on a ranch raising cattle so it's like a requirement to love steak in their family ) so I think we will definitely have to fit Yachtsman in there somewhere.

DVC was not something I expected to buy into at this point in our lives, we were just lucky that it worked the way it did.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:24 PM   #27
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Hi there! Your plans look great so far - and I hope your parents can come too! That would be neat if you were all there together.'

So here as some random thoughts about some of the restaurants you mentioned:

1. Askersus Dining Hall - We went because we wanted to get neat pictures with the Princesses and do a character meal with the,. I didn't think the food was that great (we went at dinner time), but what we liked was the interaction we got with the Princesses; it was some of the best pictures we got on the whole trip.

2. Chef Mickey's - This is definately up there on my list of favorites. We went at lunch time and really liked it. It's a buffet style meal, but I thought there were plenty of choices of all kinds of food - pasta, red meat, chicken, fish, veggies, etc. The desserts were also delish.

3. Crystal Palace - We also went here for a character dining with Pooh and friends. Not my favorite in terms of the meal; we had breakfast and it was your standard waffles, eggs, fruit, etc. I would go again, but if won't be my first choice.

4. Rose and Crown - We really liked this. Some of the menu items are a bit "different", shall we say. but you can't go wrong with fish and chips The atmosphere was neat and the cute waiters with their English accents weren't bad either.

Hope my ramblings help! Sounds like you guys are going to have a terrific time!!

Old 02-26-2009, 11:18 PM   #28
DisneymoonJess07
I <3 Disney - can I go back now??

Hi there! I wanted to stop by since we are also going in September. I can give feedback on two of the five questions you asked:

According to my Unofficial Guide, Saratoga Springs is actually the best of the spas. We are thinking about going there for the couples thingy. Not sure on that one yet.

We are totally hoping to do this. I think it's awesome. Even if it's not totally romantic or whatever, I feel like it would be beautiful and a great memory.

PTR: MAY we go to Disney? Yes we MAY! May 2014
Our Trip Report: "Say Hi to Mickey for me!" - A Disneymoon Two Years in the Making *unfinished*
Our Pre-Trip Report - 2nd Anniversary Disneymoon Sept. 2009
Booed by n2wdisneyw!
1991 - offsite , 1994 - offsite , 1996 - offsite , 1999 - ASSp , 2009 - POR! w/free dining! 2014 - ?
Old 02-26-2009, 11:40 PM   #29
DWFan4Life
DIS Veteran

I just finished reading your report and I really love it. Amazing pics you got. It looks you really had a great time. Looking forward for the next trip.

Have a nice day.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:26 PM   #30
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Hi there! Your plans look great so far - and I hope your parents can come too! That would be neat if you were all there together.'

So here as some random thoughts about some of the restaurants you mentioned:

1. Askersus Dining Hall - We went because we wanted to get neat pictures with the Princesses and do a character meal with the,. I didn't think the food was that great (we went at dinner time), but what we liked was the interaction we got with the Princesses; it was some of the best pictures we got on the whole trip.

2. Chef Mickey's - This is definately up there on my list of favorites. We went at lunch time and really liked it. It's a buffet style meal, but I thought there were plenty of choices of all kinds of food - pasta, red meat, chicken, fish, veggies, etc. The desserts were also delish.

3. Crystal Palace - We also went here for a character dining with Pooh and friends. Not my favorite in terms of the meal; we had breakfast and it was your standard waffles, eggs, fruit, etc. I would go again, but if won't be my first choice.

4. Rose and Crown - We really liked this. Some of the menu items are a bit "different", shall we say. but you can't go wrong with fish and chips The atmosphere was neat and the cute waiters with their English accents weren't bad either.

Hope my ramblings help! Sounds like you guys are going to have a terrific time!!
Hello and welcome!!! I appreciate all of your feedback. I am really glad to hear that the interactions were so great for you at Akershus. In all honesty I figured the food wasn't A+ material but I love the Princesses (especially Belle). And I agree with you about Rose and Crown....love, love, love their fish and chips. Thanks again for reading...can't wait to hear more of your opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneymoonJess07 View Post
Hi there! I wanted to stop by since we are also going in September. I can give feedback on two of the five questions you asked:

According to my Unofficial Guide, Saratoga Springs is actually the best of the spas. We are thinking about going there for the couples thingy. Not sure on that one yet.

We are totally hoping to do this. I think it's awesome. Even if it's not totally romantic or whatever, I feel like it would be beautiful and a great memory.
Hi there I think I also read that Saratoga is supposed to be the best (maybe out of the same book as yours ) but I still can't decide which one I want to go to...I'm so indecisive...I'll make a choice and then change it like a hundred times

When are you going in September??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWFan4Life View Post
I just finished reading your report and I really love it. Amazing pics you got. It looks you really had a great time. Looking forward for the next trip.

Have a nice day.
Thank you very much!! I'm so glad you are joining in on my Pre-TR...I love talking to other Disney lovers

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: