Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2011, 04:21 PM   #766
bicker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
see i don't get that - why quit your show (a highly rated one) only to get another job on another show a year or so later.
Well, they are radically different jobs. In NCIS, she was a supporting actress in an ensemble. In Rizzoli and Isles she's one of two presumably-equal leads. NCIS is 24 episodes a year, while Rizzoli and Isles is 13 episodes a year. On NCIS, the Kate character was relatively active, requiring more on the actress physically than her current role as a coroner.
bicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #767
bigmerle1966
Photobucket
OH MY STARS!

I think Sasha left the show because she was pregnant. She and her DH had a daughter in May of 2006.
POR/AKL 12/02 POR(overnight stay)11/04 POR 6/21-6/29/05 POP 12/10-12/18/05 OKW 6/16-6/22/06 BWI 12/06 POP 9/7-9/10/06 OKW- Girls week May 07 POLY 7/5 to 7/9/07 POP 9/1 to 9/9/07 POP 11/1-11/6/07 POP 12/19 to 12/26/08 For Noah For delswife. LYMI
........... Oh Chachi!..... Bird Flu Hits Trailer Park- News at 11 Duchess Ohmystars of Rearkickerstown
bigmerle1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #768
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

ok - i don't watch her new show
Kurby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:31 PM   #769
Octoberbride03
I think Tweetie done gone Cuckoo
Been there, done that, married the man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
see i don't get that - why quit your show (a highly rated one) only to get another job on another show a year or so later.

not that i'm complaining - i wasn't a fan of hers anyways and glad Ziva's here instead of her.

i never bought her character. i didn't believe the she went from protecting the president to being in NCIS not that she couldn't do it but once she got to NCIS it seemed like she didn't know anything - she should have had some skills some knowledge some confidence but she didn't. she was always looking to others to "get it right" which killed me
Actually its been several years between the time she left NCIS and her starting this new show. I've seen her pop up as a guest on different shows. But not as a starring role again until this started last year.

I always heard that the grind of the shoot was more physically taxing than she liked, which is why she left. Now her new show is on cable. Those series have less episodes in a season and maybe a longer time to shoot each episode too.

As to last night. Only caught the last 10 minutes or so. Will have to go back and watch, as soon as I saw the Dr. in profile she immediately brought Kate to mind. That's good casting.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:52 PM   #770
Kirby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirurgeon View Post
The actress, Sasha Alexander wanted to leave. She got married to Eduardo Ponte a couple of years later. I wonder what it's like to have Sophia Loren as a mother in law? She is now in the show Rizzoli and Isles on TNT.

Kim
Thanks!
Old 02-09-2011, 08:15 PM   #771
frndshpcptn
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Really knows how to have a good time at the WORLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy1961 View Post
What a great episode!
Just watched...loved it!! I think I teared up towards the end...great episode!!
frndshpcptn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:42 PM   #772
Kirby
DIS Veteran

While watching Criminal Minds tonight, our local news during a commercial said that a real death occurred on the set of NCIS. Yikes!
I'll have to make sure I watch the news on that channel tonight.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:53 PM   #773
smschex
Mouseketeer

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...black-out.html

State regulators are investigating the death of a security guard killed when the driver of a production company van blacked out and his vehicle slammed into a tent on the set of the CBS crime drama "NCIS" authorities said Wednesday.

The 52-year-old victim, who was not immediately identified, was pronounced dead at a local hospital after the 10 a.m. accident in the 25200 block of Anza Drive in Santa Clarita, Los Angeles County fire officials said.

CBS suspended production of the show. Krisanne Chasarik, a spokeswoman for the California Division of Occupational Safety and Heath, which investigates workplace injuries and deaths, said the driver "blacked out with his foot still on the accelerator."

The van sped through a parking lot on the set and slammed into the security guard, whose view was obscured by the tent. CBS released a statement saying the network, studio and "NCIS" were "devastated by the news." The statement said the network was "cooperating with the local authorities in Santa Clarita to help determine what caused this terrible accident."

-- Andrew Blankstein

smschex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:16 PM   #774
chirurgeon
I am a delicate flower and need my sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frndshpcptn View Post
Just watched...loved it!! I think I teared up towards the end...great episode!!
No think about it for me. I got Mom hooked on NCIS a few months ago and we were watching it today. I was watching our On Demand and she was watching the dvr. We were a little off on our start times and I was a little ahead of her. So I cried watching it and then I cried again when we said how much we liked the episode.

Did anyone notice how Rachel was kind of pushing Abby and McGee together? I think that would be a great way to end the series. I know none of us want it to end, but it will have to eventually.

Kim

CBR 4/00, YC 12/02, ASSp 6/05, AKL/BWI 12/06, ASSP/POFQ 6/07, POFQ/AKL 12/08, PCC 1 5/09, Dolphin/POP 2.0 12/09, POFQ/BCV 04/10, PCC 2.0 12/10, POR 12/11, ABD BSM 7/12, PCC 4.0 12/12, BC 4/13, ABD BSM 7/14
chirurgeon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:45 AM   #775
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by smschex View Post

State regulators are investigating the death of a security guard killed when the driver of a production company van blacked out and his vehicle slammed into a tent on the set of the CBS crime drama "NCIS" authorities said Wednesday.

The 52-year-old victim, who was not immediately identified, was pronounced dead at a local hospital after the 10 a.m. accident in the 25200 block of Anza Drive in Santa Clarita, Los Angeles County fire officials said.

CBS suspended production of the show. Krisanne Chasarik, a spokeswoman for the California Division of Occupational Safety and Heath, which investigates workplace injuries and deaths, said the driver "blacked out with his foot still on the accelerator."

The van sped through a parking lot on the set and slammed into the security guard, whose view was obscured by the tent. CBS released a statement saying the network, studio and "NCIS" were "devastated by the news." The statement said the network was "cooperating with the local authorities in Santa Clarita to help determine what caused this terrible accident."

-- Andrew Blankstein

oh that's terrible. i wonder if he had a heart attack or something and was actually gone before the crash
Kurby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:05 AM   #776
Kirby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smschex View Post

-- Andrew Blankstein
That's awful!
Old 02-15-2011, 07:02 PM   #777
dzorn
DIS Addict

New Episode Tonight

Denise in MI
Off Site, SSR 2014 (with the Marching Band), ASMu,AKV, BLT Aug/Sept 2012, AKV April 2012, BCV/AKV November 2011, BB April 2011, CBR,BCV,BWV Aug/Sept 2010, ASMu,VWL Nov 2009, CSR September 2009, AKV August 2009, CSR April 09 ,AKV/VWL/OKW Feb 09, TL April 08, DCL January 08, POR August 2007, POR May 2006, ASMo May 2005

dzorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:58 PM   #778
december
DIS Veteran

Not liking Vance again. I hated him at first, but he started growing on me. Now I want him gone Don't mess with Gibbs!

LOVE McGee
december is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:13 PM   #779
dzorn
DIS Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post
Not liking Vance again. I hated him at first, but he started growing on me. Now I want him gone Don't mess with Gibbs!

LOVE McGee
He did seem to have his panties in a twist today didn't he.

Denise in MI
Off Site, SSR 2014 (with the Marching Band), ASMu,AKV, BLT Aug/Sept 2012, AKV April 2012, BCV/AKV November 2011, BB April 2011, CBR,BCV,BWV Aug/Sept 2010, ASMu,VWL Nov 2009, CSR September 2009, AKV August 2009, CSR April 09 ,AKV/VWL/OKW Feb 09, TL April 08, DCL January 08, POR August 2007, POR May 2006, ASMo May 2005

dzorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:14 PM   #780
Kirby
DIS Veteran

Zeva and McGee's conversation about how long they've been there, Tony's passing over a station head job, asking McGee if he would like his own team makes me wonder if the writers have something up their sleeve to change the team dynamics.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: