Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2008, 07:09 PM   #1
2Tiggers
DIS Veteran

Can we take snacks on the plane?

Just wondering what they allow as far as packing snacks in our carry on. When we went in 07 I did not pack any. We bought snacks at the airport after we went through security for the kids. That can be pricey. So I am just wondering if I am allowed to pack snacks from home? Are there any rules?

Thanks!
Old 12-31-2008, 07:40 PM   #2
jlewisinsyr
DIS Veteran

You can bring food through the security check-in. Liquids and liquid like substances are the only restricted items. Liquid like items include yogurt, cottage cheese, jelly, etc. Carrying these items means you are restricted to size less then 3 oz and they must be secured in a 1 quart zip lock bag.

Best bet is to stick with dry food items with a word of caution on bringing peanut related items incase someone on your flight has allergies (they can and do restrict passengers from eating peanut related items on flights with passengers with allergies).
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2009, 05:29 AM   #3
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Absolutely take your snacks, lunch, whatever. You'll be glad you did. There is nothing worse than the folks behind you eating McDonald fries and your kids asking where their fries are! We usually pick up a couple of sandwiches for the flight. Sometimes bagels in the morning. We are always glad we did. For the flights home we usually have all of our leftovers from our DVC stay and pass them back and forth between the kids. We do often buy a bottle of water after security and sometimes apple juice for the babies. Yes, a little pricey, but considering Disney's prices, it's not a big deal and often less.

2015 TRIPS-Under Construction
April 29 - May 16 @ BCV
Sept 11-12@ BLT; ? + Cruise
Oct 25 - Nov 7 @ ?

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:05 AM   #4
2Tiggers
DIS Veteran

Thank you n2mm! I was just thinking I should of asked about packing the kids' lunch opposed to just snacks. I will probably pack some subway subs. They will love that!
Old 01-01-2009, 07:20 AM   #5
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney

Anytime I see this topic makes me think of a movie..

"snacks on the plane" starring Samuel L Jackson

Oh wait, that's "Snakes on a Plane"
Old 01-01-2009, 08:09 AM   #6
janni518
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburg30 View Post

lol read the title of this and wondered how long it'd take for someone to go for the obvious joke.

To the OP, I am always jealous of those people who have the sense to pack real food for the plane.

We are leaving right after lunch and arriving right before dinner, I'm wondering now if we should try to bring something so we aren't scrambling for dinner when we get there.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:16 AM   #7
sparkyboy
DIS Veteran

I try to pack healthy snacks, carrot and celery stix, trail mix, crackers, etc. We pick up water after we are through security and then pour into the kids" smaller cups. I've also made sandwiches (pb&j), cheese, lunch meats and then used frozen grapes to keep cold if we are traveling close to meal time so as to keep their eating times in close proximity.
sparkyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 01:58 PM   #8
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyboy View Post
I try to pack healthy snacks, carrot and celery stix, trail mix, crackers, etc. We pick up water after we are through security and then pour into the kids" smaller cups. I've also made sandwiches (pb&j), cheese, lunch meats and then used frozen grapes to keep cold if we are traveling close to meal time so as to keep their eating times in close proximity.
Just keep in mind if someone on the flight has a peanut allergy, you will not be able to eat the PB&J sandwiches. This happened to us last year. We bought some of the cinnamon peacans and was going to munch on them on the flight, but the FA announced no nut products please because of a person with an allergy. (Just a heads up....I'm sure the odds of this happening are slim, but it does happen.)

2015 TRIPS-Under Construction
April 29 - May 16 @ BCV
Sept 11-12@ BLT; ? + Cruise
Oct 25 - Nov 7 @ ?

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:47 PM   #9
duffy
The Tag Fairy did not give me this tag...I wrote it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburg30 View Post

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!! I HAVE HAD IT, WITH THESE ******** SNACKS, ON THIS ********* PLANE!!! ESPECIALLY IF THEY HAVE PEANUTS IN THEM!!!
duffy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: