Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2009, 09:04 PM   #16
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Sounds like fun so far! I'm loving the 3 and 5 year olds.
The two little ones loved the trip. They still talk about that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisybelle View Post
Another excellent trip report to enjoy! My daughter used to be a nervous nelly at amusement parks when she was younger. She wouldn't even go on a slide at a park because it was so high to her. She grew out of it though! She'll go on anything now. She screams loudly, but she enjoys herself!
Yeah, hopefully DC5 will outgrow this. My brother wouldn't ride Matterhorn until this past October and he's 12, so we'll just have to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echie View Post
Awesome! I LOVE all the great photos!
Thanks Echie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post
aaahhhhhhhhhh... i love trips that have multi generations in it...
Thanks for sharing the super great pictures and i'm so glad that you all had a Magical Disney trip!
We all did have a magical trip. And the 3 generations just made the trip much more enjoyable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmel View Post
Poor guy! I was also injured on "the car ride!"
I think he totally forgot about it after he saw the "big white boat". Oh the joyous mood swings of little kids. ->

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
I just found your TR, and it was great! When you were first asking for strategies for your one-day trip, I was worried you wouldn't get much done, since it is such a busy time and you had such a big group. But it sounds like you had a great day!!!!! Of course, I would expect nothing less from a master DLR planner like yourself.
I'm still in shock about how much we were able to do and how everybody had such a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney owl View Post
love your photos
That's very nice of you, Disney owl. Hopefully some day you can make it over to the land from all the way from the U.K.
Bouncy!
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 04:03 PM   #17
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour

Okay so why am I reviving this TR from the dead??? Time to start planning for another one! However, this one is going to be much more fun.

Last year: 13 people, 14 hours, 1 DL day.

This year: 14 (maybe 18) people, 28 hours, 2 DLR days! (or at least that's what we're planning)

Our basic plans are:
Accommodations: Worldmark Anaheim on Katella. A far walking distance so we'll probably be using ART.

Tickets: 2 day tickets most likely.

Dates: Tentatively 12/22-12/23

Since last year was my DAunt & uncle's first trip in a long time, we really only did DL. But this year we're hoping to introduce them to the wonders of DCA. Should be lots of fun. And of course, I'll have lots of pictures to report back here along with a thorough review of the trip. I'm excited.
Bouncy!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2009, 11:14 PM   #18
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour

Another update for our upcoming trip.

The guest list for this trip is the following:
-Me, my brother, my mom, my dad (4, running total)
-My 2 grandparents (6)
-My 3 cousins who live in So Cal (9)
-My Aunt, Uncle, and 2 cousins who live in OR (13)

Then my uncle is a "maybe" (like on evite or facebook, you can check the maybe box).

Also going at the same time as us are:
-My brother's 3 friends and 2 of their fathers, bringing the total to 18, maybe 19. They won't be with us at all times, but we'll probably meet up with them for some rides and meals.

The dates and hotel are set. I'm almost positive that everyone will be going for 2 days. There was some talk over Thanksgiving that my cousins from So. Cal would be only going for 1, but we're working on that.

One thing that our family really wants to do is go eat at Fire and Ice at the Anaheim Gardenwalk. We've eaten at the F&I in Boston and Lake Tahoe and we LOVED it. For those who don't know what it is, it's like your average Mongolian Grill but supersized and with almost any kind of food that you want, not just asian noodles. Scrumptious.

So, here's the tentative plan (we're approaching 2 weeks here):

We're driving down to my grandparent's house on Monday 21st.

Tuesday 12/22:
-Leave grandparent's house AEAP (as early as possible) with all 13 (14?) family members
-Arrive in Anaheim. The two car drivers will drop the other 11 (12?) people off and then go park at Worldmark Anaheim.
-The majority of people will get in line and enter the park. The car drivers will have to sacrifice a ride or two and meet everyone else in the park.
-I'm thinking Toontown in the morning because we won't be getting there by park opening, and also we don't have MM, so Fantasyland will already have lines.
-Then hop over to DCA for a bit
-Check in to Worldmark in the late afternoon, have dinner at CPK? Fire and Ice? Somewhere in Gardenwalk.
-Head back to the park for the evening
-Fantasmic?
-Come back and sleep

Wednesday 12/23:
-Get to the park very early and head to Fantasyland first
-Be flexible.
-See Christmas Fantasy parade?
-Hop and see Pixar Play Parade?
-Go have dinner somewhere?
-Return to see Electric Light Parade? (too many parades maybe. Maybe we'll see one of them on Tuesday)
-Stay in parks until whenever (everyone will be on their own at this point)
-Drive back to grandparent's house very late.
Bouncy!
Old 12-06-2009, 11:38 PM   #19
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

Hooray! I enjoy your Trip Reports. Have fun!
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:20 AM   #20
PoohBearFriends
DIS Veteran

You did an amazing amount of things in one day. Can't wait to see what your group accomplishes in 2. Is DC5 ready to do bigger rides this year?

ME 43: DF 43: DD 14. DD 12 DGP.DGMA
DLR 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010; 2011 & 2013 DLH
WDW 1974, 1980, 1985 (Mom won a trip), 1995, 1999: 2009 and 2014 POR
PoohBearFriends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:35 PM   #21
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejdigsdis View Post
Hooray! I enjoy your Trip Reports. Have fun!
Thanks for reading! What a surprise I found to have a couple readers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohBearFriends View Post
You did an amazing amount of things in one day. Can't wait to see what your group accomplishes in 2. Is DC5 ready to do bigger rides this year?
I sure hope he is. Maybe we'll at least convince him to ride King Arthur's Carousel this time! We're also hoping to drag him....I mean encourage him onto Big Thunder because it's a train. He also, apparently, like IMAX movies, so we're crossing our fingers for Soarin. You never know.

Now DC3 (now DC4) will be going on everything that he is tall enough for (pretty much everything except Indy, Screamin and Maliboomer), which will be exciting. He'll have a blast on Space, Splash, Matterhorn, etc.
Bouncy!
Old 12-08-2009, 08:31 PM   #22
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour

Right...so JUST when you think you have everything planned perfectly....

My mom got an email from my grandpa saying that my cousins who live in So Cal will only be joining us for 1 day, no more questions/trying to get them to come, end of story. Fantastic!..... (oops, hahaha funny side note, when I went to type "Fantastic" I accidentally typed "Fantasmic" )

Anyway, I'm not sure then if my grandparents will stay both days either. This also makes planning a sure heck of a lot harder when 1/2 of the party has 1 day tickets and the other half has 2 day tickets.

This probably means that we won't be park hopping at all (omg I know ) on the first day, which means we'll try and see as much of DCA as we can on the second.

This means Pixar Play Parade AND Electric Light Parade on the second day. So Christmas Fantasy on the first day and maybe Fantasmic (hehe). Oh goodness gracious. Only 2 more weeks until I'm at the Happiest Place on Earth!
Bouncy!
Old 12-13-2009, 11:45 AM   #23
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour

Ok, some things got a little clearer. Here are our finalized plans:

Monday 12/21:
-Drive from here to Anaheim. We got a room for another night at Worldmark for just our family, so we're driving straight to Worldmark on the first night instead of spending the night at my grandparent's house.
-This extra night will also allow us to buy everyone's ART passes early
-Dinner with my brother's friends perhaps? Fire and Ice??

Tuesday 12/22:
-Grandparents, cousins, aunt/uncle and cousins will all drive down (about a 45 min drive) and meet us at Worldmark. Everyone will store their stuff in our room and we'll take ART over to the parks.
-All 13 of us will tour the parks all day. We are getting our cousins 1 day park hoppers, which makes planning much easier. Everyone else will be getting 2 day park hoppers. Actually, they came in the mail the other day. So we'll be park hopping a little. I'm excited because, other than my family, the rest of our party hasn't really set foot in DCA a lot (my aunt/uncle and younger cousins have never been in there), which will be a fun, new experience for them.
-Sometime in the afternoon we will leave to go check-in to the other rooms for my grandparents/aunt uncle younger cousins.
-Eat dinner as a large family at Gardenwalk somewhere
-My grandpa and maybe my mom will drive my older cousins back to their house sometime after dinner.
-Head back to the parks for Electric Parade/Fantasmic maybe
-The 10 of us will head back to Worldmark to sleep (actually the younger cousins, grandma, and my aunt might head out before Fantasmic)

Wednesday 12/23:
-So now it's my family, aunt/uncle and younger cousins, and grandparents
-Get up early for Fantasyland. If some people want to sleep in, great...but I know I'm gonna be up early with my younger cousins riding Peter Pan!
-Tour the parks all day. Focus more on the younger cousins like Flik's Fun Fair, Pixar Play Parade, Fantasyland, Cars meet and greet (they are going to LOVE this)
-Leave for grandparent's house sometime at night after fireworks.

I'm sooper excited!!! AND...we're doing our SINGLE DIGIT DANCE today!!!!
Bouncy!

Last edited by DLR29; 12-13-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:36 PM   #24
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour

Yay! School's out for winter break! Now it's only 3 days until DLR!!!!
Bouncy!
Old 12-21-2009, 08:21 PM   #25
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour

LIVE UPDATE:

I'm here at Worldmark! Going to the Gardenwalk for dinner and then the rooftop jacuzzi for the fireworks.
Bouncy!
Old 12-24-2009, 12:53 PM   #26
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour

Phew....

Just got to grandma's house last night after 2 long days at DLR! I slept for a solid 11 hours last night cause I was so tired. I have to wait until we get to our house to upload pics, so wait a little---I have like 300, so it'll be good. AND I figured out how to shoot better nighttime/indoor shots with my camera, so I've got some new cool shots.

The two days 12/22 and 12/23 were actually much more crowded than I thought they would be. Both So. Cal APs were blocked out, but not deluxe, so I thought crowds would be down. Nope. Indy's line got up to 135 min at one point. Space was about 70-80 for most of the time and overflow queues were used at MANY attractions (JC, Indy, IASWH, HMH, PotC, Peter Pan, etc.). But even with such long lines I think the longest line we waited in was 25 min or so for Screamin and TSMM.

Full report when I get back!
Bouncy!
Old 12-27-2009, 11:34 PM   #27
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

Yoo hoo...ready and waiting...
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:24 AM   #28
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejdigsdis View Post
Yoo hoo...ready and waiting...
Thanks for stopping in! I'm heading home in about a half hour. The first part of my report should be up by tonight!
Bouncy!
Old 12-28-2009, 07:16 PM   #29
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour

Ok, back home and all the pics are uploaded. I'm starting to type the first morning of our trip. I want to start on the 3rd page (for a long introduction/start of the TR it's easier), so I'm gonna start with our first night on this page and start our park adventures on the next one.
Bouncy!

Last edited by DLR29; 12-28-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:34 PM   #30
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour

Alright, so time to start another Photo TR. If you read my TR from last yearís trip then the characters are similar, but ages changed so hereís a new list of characters:

-Me
-DB (brother)
-DM (mom)
-DD (dad)
-DG&G (Grandma and Grandpa)
-DA&U (Aunt and Uncle from OR)
-DC6, 4 (cousins from OR)
-DC13, 11, 10 (cousins from So Cal)
-DBís friends and friendís parents (total of 5, 3 of his friends/2 parents)

Ok so letís start on Monday, December 21st. Me and my family drove from our house to Anaheim and checked into a 2 bedroom condo/timeshare thing at Worldmark Anaheim.

Hereís a pic from the lobby:

Really nice place, but itís a little far from the parks. We used ART (along with the rest of the hotel) but since everybody on our route seemed to come from Worldmark, we asked and they said that a shuttle for just Worldmark would be coming in the future. Good to know.

Hereís the living room area of our 2 bedroom place:

And the view of the pool from our room:

So itís just our family the first night. Cousins from Oregon and the cousins from So Cal are both staying at my grandparentís house for the night and they were gonna meet us at the parks the next day. But, Worldmark Anaheim is located, very conveniently, next to the relatively new Anaheim Gardenwalk.

My brotherís friends were staying at HoJo and going to the parks on the same dates as us, so we met his 3 friends and 2 of their dads at Fire and Ice at the AGW

For those of you who donít know what Fire and Ice is, itís incredible! Itís kinda like a Mongolian Grill where you put the stuff you want in a bowl and then they cook it on a big grill. But here you can get pastas, burgers, seafood, noodles, basically whatever you want. And itís all you can eat for like $18. Weíve eaten at the ones in Boston and Lake Tahoe, so we already knew what to expect. It was delicious! Hereís a shot of the grill they use

After dinner we walked to the Cold Stone at the Park Vue Inn. Mmmmm ice cream. And then we trudged all the way back to Worldmark where the roof level has a designated fireworks viewing area. Way cool! Then we parted ways with my brotherís friends and we headed off to bed.
Bouncy!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: