Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-05-2009, 07:52 AM   #106
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here
 
TarzansKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Black Pearl
Posts: 12,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
Can't wait to hear all about Pop Century! How exciting that it's almost all paid for already!

I'll be taking notes for my few days there in Dec.
You know it's a great resort when Mom and Nana will stay there.

Seriously. The women who love deluxe, if they don't stay deluxe, stay at Pop. It's their favorite budget resort.
TarzansKat is offline  
Old 01-05-2009, 08:33 AM   #107
myrsfmly
DIS Veteran
 
myrsfmly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 730

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post

Hmm...what can we do to sweeten the pot, my dear?

Really? Really, really, really?

I think I am booked the 9/26 through 10/2 right now, but it was late at night & I was high on fuzzy Disney math and the adrenaline of the booking so I am not sure... I'll check what I wrote on the Lapu thread... it's probably accurate

If the trip survives the month I'll consider starting a PTR... maybe I should start one just to figure out all this disney math before my brain explodes... that could be the working title!
__________________
Becky

myrsfmly is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-05-2009, 08:47 AM   #108
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here
 
TarzansKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Black Pearl
Posts: 12,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrsfmly View Post
I think I am booked the 9/26 through 10/2 right now, but it was late at night & I was high on fuzzy Disney math and the adrenaline of the booking so I am not sure... I'll check what I wrote on the Lapu thread... it's probably accurate
Oh, how exciting! If you decide to keep this trip, you'll be there during Food and Wine Festival! Have you ever done that before?

Quote:
If the trip survives the month I'll consider starting a PTR... maybe I should start one just to figure out all this disney math before my brain explodes... that could be the working title!
You know, a PTR may help you in that way. There are a lot of great minds to pick over here, that's for sure. And if you want help crunching numbers, Heidi is awesome at that. She helped me out with a cost comparison a while back on annual passes.

But beware.

Much like I posted previously, a PTR is an emotional commitment.

And clearly, I have commitment issues.

Especially since I haven't picked a ticker or posted about my ADRs. As a matter of fact, I'm still questioning my original thoughts on ADRs...isn't trip plannin' grand?
TarzansKat is offline  
Old 01-05-2009, 10:26 AM   #109
maroo
DIS Veteran
 
maroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: MS
Posts: 8,042

You TOTALLY rock!!

An already paid for vacation...now, THAT, my friends, is the way to do it! The Dave Ramsey way...the new "style"...the new "thing"...The "already paid for vacation"....BEFORE you go. What a concept! You get TWO thumbs up!

And in this day and time...it is so smart to do that!

I am ALMOST there...for our Oct trip...which I have yet to start a pre-trippie for! But, alas...

AND>>>> I think that we will possibly stay there, too!?! So, I want the whole scoop...and I might not be able to wait till your TR...because I think we leave only days after you get back. So you will have to fill me in on the good stuff...or the bad stuff...!

I am excited for you! You should feel SOOOO good about this vacation!

And now you can start saving up for the "Pirates Life for Three" at the CONTEMPORARY! ... Well...because that almost rhymes! Maybe...if you say "Contempry!" Sorta shorten it. You should SOOO save up and stay there..Because...we did...on our Wish Trip...and it WAS wonderful! Talk about some LOVELY transportation!
maroo is offline  
Old 01-05-2009, 12:57 PM   #110
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here
 
TarzansKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Black Pearl
Posts: 12,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
You TOTALLY rock!!
Good lord, girl, you're going to give me quite an ego. ::

Quote:
An already paid for vacation...now, THAT, my friends, is the way to do it! The Dave Ramsey way...the new "style"...the new "thing"...The "already paid for vacation"....BEFORE you go. What a concept! You get TWO thumbs up!

And in this day and time...it is so smart to do that!
Actually, this is very common for us. And it seems to be more prevalent in this day and age. DH and I are the type of people that pay the credit cards in full every month. We don't carry debt. The only debt we have is student loans, and even those we're attacking with a vengence. NoJeanClaude. Because my biggest goal was to be debt free before I turned...

well it does rhyme, but I'm not ready to commit to the number yet. Much like I had trouble committing to the trip to celebrate the particular number.

Quite frankly, I'm just glad to be alive and having another birthday. Reading about your trip, and the issues with William, and other things on the DIS makes me a very, very grateful person.

Quote:
I am ALMOST there...for our Oct trip...which I have yet to start a pre-trippie for! But, alas...

AND>>>> I think that we will possibly stay there, too!?! So, I want the whole scoop...and I might not be able to wait till your TR...because I think we leave only days after you get back. So you will have to fill me in on the good stuff...or the bad stuff...!

I am excited for you! You should feel SOOOO good about this vacation!
I would love a Maroo pre trippie! I know you're busy though, so I'll be patient.





Are you ready yet?

And by the way, I've stayed at Pop a few times before, so anything you want to ask, feel free to PM me. I really do love it there.

Quote:
And now you can start saving up for the "Pirates Life for Three" at the CONTEMPORARY! ... Well...because that almost rhymes! Maybe...if you say "Contempry!" Sorta shorten it. You should SOOO save up and stay there..Because...we did...on our Wish Trip...and it WAS wonderful! Talk about some LOVELY transportation!
That's so funny, I can't even fathom planning a trip in 2010. Mostly because so much "life" stuff is up in the air right now. And also, because that's the year (2010 / 2011) my little nugget will head off to kindergarten. :::GASP:::

And I said I will not take him out of school to go to Disney. Not in his first year in public school, it just feels wrong to me. I'm big on education. Nana is (and my Granddad was) a teacher, and my mother's degree is actually in education. Suffice it to say, school is big in my family.

So pretty soon, my trip reports are going to be how we served president's day weekend or spring break.
TarzansKat is offline  
Old 01-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #111
myrsfmly
DIS Veteran
 
myrsfmly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 730

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Oh, how exciting! If you decide to keep this trip, you'll be there during Food and Wine Festival! Have you ever done that before?
Yes, and I love, love, love it! but it's been a couple of years... I am hoping to time it right for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party too which I have never done and really am dying to do. I hope I'm not too early for it... but checking the last few years calendars I think I should make it
__________________
Becky

myrsfmly is offline  
Old 01-05-2009, 01:44 PM   #112
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here
 
TarzansKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Black Pearl
Posts: 12,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrsfmly View Post
Yes, and I love, love, love it! but it's been a couple of years... I am hoping to time it right for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party too which I have never done and really am dying to do. I hope I'm not too early for it... but checking the last few years calendars I think I should make it
I don't think you'll be too early for MNSSHP. I've gone earlier than our dates for the past two years, and there's always been at least one (if not two) during my stay. Odds are good! And I HIGHLY recommend it. As you know. But let me just reiterate how awesome it is!
TarzansKat is offline  
Old 01-05-2009, 02:46 PM   #113
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!
 
jenjolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Home in Florida and Texas
Posts: 8,157

TK!! Another great update!! I'll be staying at the Pop in 10 short days and its always great to hear others who have enjoyed the Resort!!!

Congrats on having it almost paid off...we're going to save our tax return this year...however if I get my MAP check in the Fall...can't say I won't be making another trip to WDW...or I'll do the smart thing and save it for my trip in 2010.

Can't wait to hear more about your upcoming trip!!
__________________


My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline  
Old 01-05-2009, 02:49 PM   #114
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here
 
TarzansKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Black Pearl
Posts: 12,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
TK!! Another great update!! I'll be staying at the Pop in 10 short days and its always great to hear others who have enjoyed the Resort!!!
It's really a wonderful resort. And this is a solo trip, right? So I'm SURE you'll have a great time. No family to wait for!

Quote:
Congrats on having it almost paid off...we're going to save our tax return this year...however if I get my MAP check in the Fall...can't say I won't be making another trip to WDW...or I'll do the smart thing and save it for my trip in 2010.

Can't wait to hear more about your upcoming trip!!
Thanks so much! Sadly I think the majority of our tax return this year will go to paying off the student loans. Not fun, but responsible.

:::sigh:::

Glad to hear you may do something more fun with your MAP check, at least I can live vicariously through you!
TarzansKat is offline  
Old 01-06-2009, 10:03 PM   #115
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!
 
MegansMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern KY, USA
Posts: 2,898

Oh my Sweet TK!!! How did I miss this??!?!?!??!!? Oh I know......LIFE has gotten in the way once again, and alas, I have become an even poorer DISfriend and missed out on the debut of the PTR for the next trip!!! All apologies dearie!!! Well, now I am here---don't worry, I am going to "pop-a-squat," enjoy some munchies, and come along for all the fun and details as you get ready for the next big excursion!!! Oh the fun this will be!!!

And let me just say, even though it is difficult for you to mention "the age which must not be mentioned," as a cardholding member of the club myself, it is a JOY to enter the "club!" Oh the WISDOM that milestone brings!!! Oh how you will begin to scoff at those less fortunate than us who have not reached its' peak yet!!! Remember dear, you have earned it---you must relish it, cherish it, and celebrate the heck out of it!

I was hoping that this trip that has been looming for several months now, and the hopeful prospective trip that we may be taking in September would overlap, but I doubt they will---here's to hoping though!!!
__________________


June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
MegansMom is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 04:40 AM   #116
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here
 
TarzansKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Black Pearl
Posts: 12,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Oh my Sweet TK!!! How did I miss this??!?!?!??!!? Oh I know......LIFE has gotten in the way once again, and alas, I have become an even poorer DISfriend and missed out on the debut of the PTR for the next trip!!! All apologies dearie!!! Well, now I am here---don't worry, I am going to "pop-a-squat," enjoy some munchies, and come along for all the fun and details as you get ready for the next big excursion!!! Oh the fun this will be!!!
dearie! You're never too late to join my pre trip report!!!

Quote:
And let me just say, even though it is difficult for you to mention "the age which must not be mentioned," as a cardholding member of the club myself, it is a JOY to enter the "club!" Oh the WISDOM that milestone brings!!! Oh how you will begin to scoff at those less fortunate than us who have not reached its' peak yet!!! Remember dear, you have earned it---you must relish it, cherish it, and celebrate the heck out of it!
Thank you. In my heart, I know this to be true. I just need to wrap my mind around it, and get over it. Ha. Ha. Ha. But in all seriousness, it's not just the age. It's the amount of things DH and I have up in the air right now personally that are really affecting me.

I promise to reveal all in due course.

I just don't want to talk about anything and jinx it.

Quote:
I was hoping that this trip that has been looming for several months now, and the hopeful prospective trip that we may be taking in September would overlap, but I doubt they will---here's to hoping though!!!
Bummer! That would have been cool if they did.
TarzansKat is offline  
Old 01-11-2009, 02:27 PM   #117
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here
 
TarzansKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Black Pearl
Posts: 12,728

A Princess Throwdown Pirate Style

Yeah, you read that right.



In all seriousness, I did pull a minor hissy. Just a small one. Well, actually, it wasn't really a hissy at all, but to me it felt like one. Because with certain people in my life, I'm not used to putting my foot down. And with others it comes quite naturally.

And one of my gifts, I feel, like the illustrious Captain Sparrow, is a way with words. I'm usually able to diffuse tense situations with a well chosen verbalization of some sort. In good form, I can even cause riotous laughter. We can blame this on birth order (second child must appease tense situations) or genes or just my Libran personality. Must have balance...must have balance... ::: picture Rafiki sitting cross legged in zen pose:::

You're probably wondering what all this has to do with anything.

Well all that is leading up to the fact that as of yet, I haven't written about my ADRs. Mostly because I just wasn't sure about them. At all. And having committment issues about the trip already, well, you can see where this is going.

Until the other night, I was at my mother's. And we got into a discussion about the September trip. Remember, I have many, many different people to keep happy on this trip. Okay, that's not strictly true. Quite frankly, I worry most about my son, my mom, and my nana. My husband, my father in law, and my dad are the most laid back vacationers I think I've ever met. They will go where you want when you want and be completely happy doing it. Plus, now that DH has the benefit of a slushie coke every morning, he's happier than a pirate with an Aztec curse who's spent years hording smack. Savvy?

So Mom and I got into a discussion about the ADRs. And Mom talked about what she did and did not like about my suggestions. And I sort of acquiesced.

And then went home.

And it bothered me. A lot. Because I hadn't compromised on one thing, I'd compromised on a LOT of things. And it didn't feel like my birthday trip anymore. And it's very very rare that I will throwdown like a princess pirate style, but in this case, I felt I had to.

This is my trip.

For my birthday.

I know what you're going to say, TK, you just went in December. That was a birthday gift, wasn't it?

Well, yes it was. But as you'll see as my trip report in that regard progresses, that trip wasn't about me. At all, and that was quite all right. It was about Mom and Nana being able to show me Disney their way. Show me the things they were interested in. And all of us seeing those beautiful decorations together for the first time. In that sense, it was a wonderful gift. But it wasn't about me. And that was fine. Because I didn't need it to be such.

This one does. And not to be selfish. Not to be mean. Not to go all Barbossa on everyone. Just that I'm facing a milestone birthday, and I'd like to celebrate the way that I'd like, with particular ADRs in mind.

And apparently I was more attached to those ideas than even I knew.

So I wrote this delightful (no joke) little e-mail to Mom explaining why I wanted what I wanted.

And she was totally cool with it. Understood my reasoning, even agreed, and agreed that something she wanted to do could be a special just her and Nana thing.

This would make so much more sense if I told you where we're hoping to go, right?

I think I'll save that for next time.

TarzansKat is offline  
Old 01-11-2009, 02:44 PM   #118
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran
 
Charleston Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 21,553

Sometimes it just is necessary to throw a hissy fit.

Glad it worked out well, but not so glad that you didn't share any ADRs with us! Guess I have something to look forward to next time, right?
Charleston Princess is offline  
Old 01-11-2009, 03:50 PM   #119
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off
 
pooh'smate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 2,911

I am glad that all things worked out well for you. I can not wait to learn about your adrs. Looking forward to the next update.
__________________
DH- ME- DD-



pooh'smate is offline  
Old 01-11-2009, 03:58 PM   #120
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here
 
TarzansKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Black Pearl
Posts: 12,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Sometimes it just is necessary to throw a hissy fit.

Glad it worked out well, but not so glad that you didn't share any ADRs with us! Guess I have something to look forward to next time, right?
Well, seeing as how we have eight months until this little shindig, I am stretching out the anticipation a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
I am glad that all things worked out well for you. I can not wait to learn about your adrs. Looking forward to the next update.
Thanks! I'm just so excited we're going to be there at the same time, and some hotel no less!
TarzansKat is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.