Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-04-2009, 08:47 PM   #91
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way
 
MRYPPNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 17 Cherry Tree Lane
Posts: 4,900

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
And there's nothing quite like the satisfaction of knowing three things:

1. That your Disney trip is paid for.
2. That your Disney trip is affordable.
3. That you won't feel any guilt about your Disney trip.

Amen to that!

I don't think POP transportation will be that bad. Maybe just a Friday or Saturday night coming back from MK. The nice things are one bus stop and not sharing buses with other resorts.
__________________
Heidi ~~~~

MRYPPNS is offline  
Old 01-04-2009, 08:50 PM   #92
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here
 
TarzansKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Black Pearl
Posts: 12,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Amen to that!


Quote:
I don't think POP transportation will be that bad. Maybe just a Friday or Saturday night coming back from MK. The nice things are one bus stop and not sharing buses with other resorts.
Thanks for bringing up the positive! I totally forgot that Pop busses are exclusive, that's true. That will be nice, not having to share. And I know it may be a bit busy because of free dining, but going from a Tuesday to Sunday, I think we'll only really see it toward the end of the trip, and that's fine.
TarzansKat is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-04-2009, 08:51 PM   #93
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran
 
Charleston Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 21,553

Hurray for Pop Century! And hurray for it being almost all paid for!

Makes me want to just go take a gander at the available prices...because guilt-free is pretty huge.

I have Disney dreams all the time -- last night's was about May hours finally being posted.
Charleston Princess is offline  
Old 01-04-2009, 08:53 PM   #94
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here
 
TarzansKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Black Pearl
Posts: 12,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Hurray for Pop Century! And hurray for it being almost all paid for!
It is a really good feeling.

Quote:
Makes me want to just go take a gander at the available prices...because guilt-free is pretty huge.
Oh, no! You ARE staying at the Beach Club.

::: picture TK doing the Jedi hand wave:::

Because I am SO vicariously living through you.

Quote:
I have Disney dreams all the time -- last night's was about May hours finally being posted.
Glad to know I'm not the only one. So they still haven't released May hours? Wow.
TarzansKat is offline  
Old 01-04-2009, 08:56 PM   #95
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran
 
Charleston Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 21,553

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
It is a really good feeling.

Oh, no! You ARE staying at the Beach Club.

::: picture TK doing the Jedi hand wave:::

Because I am SO vicariously living through you.

Glad to know I'm not the only one. So they still haven't released May hours? Wow.
about the Jedi hand wave.

I want a drink from Hurricane Hannah's while watching the kids play at Stormalong Bay, so hopefully nothing catastrophic will happen and we will get to stay there. I always get nervous about something happening to prevent the trip.
Charleston Princess is offline  
Old 01-04-2009, 08:57 PM   #96
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here
 
TarzansKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Black Pearl
Posts: 12,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
about the Jedi hand wave.
Well, episdoe 3 is on right now. I think it's on Spike.

Quote:
I want a drink from Hurricane Hannah's while watching the kids play at Stormalong Bay, so hopefully nothing catastrophic will happen and we will get to stay there. I always get nervous about something happening to prevent the trip.
Oh, that sounds divine! And I know what you mean. In this economy, it's hard not to worry. But I think 2009 will be a great year! Stay CP positive!
TarzansKat is offline  
Old 01-05-2009, 06:40 AM   #97
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
2xcited2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,349

And another update over here! You spoil me... and make me late for work.

So Pop Century it is! Hurrah! You guys are going to have such a fun time! You know, I was not overly enamored with Pop when I was there last month... but hearing you talk about it, it's like seeing it through new eyes. There is definitely a lot to appreciate there and boy do the kids really seem to have fun there! Even big kids.

And congratulations for having it almost paid for. That is awesome. Good for you!!!
__________________
Christine

2xcited2sleep is offline  
Old 01-05-2009, 07:19 AM   #98
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here
 
TarzansKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Black Pearl
Posts: 12,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
And another update over here! You spoil me... and make me late for work.
Oh, hon. If you could only know how many times I was late for work because of the DIS.

Quote:
So Pop Century it is! Hurrah! You guys are going to have such a fun time! You know, I was not overly enamored with Pop when I was there last month... but hearing you talk about it, it's like seeing it through new eyes. There is definitely a lot to appreciate there and boy do the kids really seem to have fun there! Even big kids.
Honestly, it's such a family place to us, you know? I mean, would Mom and Nana and I rather be at a deluxe? Oh sure! But the budget just doesn't always allow for that. And free dining at a value is SUCH a great deal. And Pop is my favorite value. Absolute favorite. So it's really a match made in Disney heaven. (For us big kids, too.)

Quote:
And congratulations for having it almost paid for. That is awesome. Good for you!!!
It really feels good. There are a lot of other things we'd like to accomplish financially this year, and although I'd love to do a big blow out celebration because it's a milestone birthday, I'm content with what we have.

Plus, I got to stay at WL and YC last year. That was pretty special.
TarzansKat is offline  
Old 01-05-2009, 07:24 AM   #99
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way
 
MRYPPNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 17 Cherry Tree Lane
Posts: 4,900

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
There are a lot of other things we'd like to accomplish financially this year, and although I'd love to do a big blow out celebration because it's a milestone birthday, I'm content with what we have.
There are so many things that you could plan at Disney to help celebrate in a special way that the resort doesn't really matter......

....rent a boat on Bay Lake
.....have a special meal (or tea)
.....go to the spa
__________________
Heidi ~~~~

MRYPPNS is offline  
Old 01-05-2009, 07:34 AM   #100
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here
 
TarzansKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Black Pearl
Posts: 12,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
There are so many things that you could plan at Disney to help celebrate in a special way that the resort doesn't really matter......

....rent a boat on Bay Lake
.....have a special meal (or tea)
.....go to the spa
So true! You know, I haven't been to the spa in many many moons. I love the spa at the Grand Floridian. A spa pedicure will be so lovely.

You've given me lots to think about!
TarzansKat is offline  
Old 01-05-2009, 07:46 AM   #101
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way
 
MRYPPNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 17 Cherry Tree Lane
Posts: 4,900

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
So true! You know, I haven't been to the spa in many many moons. I love the spa at the Grand Floridian. A spa pedicure will be so lovely.

You've given me lots to think about!
I'm happy to help spend others money because for the next year or so all I can buy is wood, drywall, tile, carpet.....oh and diapers and formula!
__________________
Heidi ~~~~

MRYPPNS is offline  
Old 01-05-2009, 07:58 AM   #102
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here
 
TarzansKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Black Pearl
Posts: 12,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
I'm happy to help spend others money because for the next year or so all I can buy is wood, drywall, tile, carpet.....oh and diapers and formula!


Okay, that doesn't sound so exciting, but at least your investment will give two very important and wonderful things. A beautiful home, and a happy healthy little mango!
TarzansKat is offline  
Old 01-05-2009, 08:42 AM   #103
myrsfmly
DIS Veteran
 
myrsfmly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 730

How did I miss this!!! People are whining about page 2 and I think I finally made it on what... page 7!!!

oh well... glad to see that you are doing a PTR - maybe I'll get inspired

If I don't wind up cancelling or changing my plans, our days will overlap some!
__________________
Becky

myrsfmly is offline  
Old 01-05-2009, 08:43 AM   #104
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here
 
TarzansKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Black Pearl
Posts: 12,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrsfmly View Post
How did I miss this!!! People are whining about page 2 and I think I finally made it on what... page 7!!!


Quote:
oh well... glad to see that you are doing a PTR - maybe I'll get inspired
Hmm...what can we do to sweeten the pot, my dear?

Quote:
If I don't wind up cancelling or changing my plans, our days will overlap some!
Really? Really, really, really?

TarzansKat is offline  
Old 01-05-2009, 08:50 AM   #105
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran
 
If U Had Wings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,222

Can't wait to hear all about Pop Century! How exciting that it's almost all paid for already!

I'll be taking notes for my few days there in Dec.
__________________
"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start" - John "the Penguin" Bingham

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
If U Had Wings is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.