Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2008, 05:52 PM   #76
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Great dates....I've gone myself during that time period.
I'm very excited, because it's putting me closer to better weather, and a fun time in general, you know?

Quote:
I know how old you will be turning....I won't tell....but it's a great decade, I should know, I'm in the middle of mine!
I just feel like I'm hitting the end of an era. And it's mostly a good thing, you know? It's just letting go of a certain part of life and moving on, hopefully to better things, new phases.

I think that's why I've become such a clean out freak lately. Time to let go of the past and welcome my future! Bring me that horizon, ha ha!!!
Old 12-30-2008, 07:24 PM   #77
trixiequilts
DIS Veteran

Those dates sound wonderful!

Your FIL sounds just like my DH's aunt. She's the most even-tempered person I've ever met, and alway up for anything. We were tubing at the lake one time and asked her if she wanted to. Her reply? "Sure, you're only 55 once!" I try to be like her now, and I'm not even close to her age. Such a great attitude!

My Trips: January 2009, October 2010, August 2011, February 2012, December 2012, November 2013, May 2014.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2008, 08:49 PM   #78
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

That's such a perfect time to visit. I have a co-worker planning her honeymoon in October to Disney, and I think I overwhelmed her by waxing rhapsodic about Food and Wine and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween -- I may have even started my own wheels turning about an October trip -- I so missed not going this past year.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:41 PM   #79
maroo
DIS Veteran

we had a BLAST in October last year!

But we are going to miss each other by just a few days, it looks like...

So....do we know FOR SURE we will have Free Dining during that time frame? Or is that something you got with the bounceback. We have never stayed in our name, so we have never had the bounceback opportunity.

I am looking forward to reading more!
Old 12-31-2008, 05:31 AM   #80
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiequilts View Post
Your FIL sounds just like my DH's aunt. She's the most even-tempered person I've ever met, and alway up for anything. We were tubing at the lake one time and asked her if she wanted to. Her reply? "Sure, you're only 55 once!" I try to be like her now, and I'm not even close to her age. Such a great attitude!
Isn't it great to vacation with someone like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
That's such a perfect time to visit. I have a co-worker planning her honeymoon in October to Disney, and I think I overwhelmed her by waxing rhapsodic about Food and Wine and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween -- I may have even started my own wheels turning about an October trip -- I so missed not going this past year.
Ha ha! You overwhelmed her with your enthusiasm. Honestly, it is a fantastic time to go. I haven't been in October in years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
we had a BLAST in October last year!

But we are going to miss each other by just a few days, it looks like...

So....do we know FOR SURE we will have Free Dining during that time frame? Or is that something you got with the bounceback. We have never stayed in our name, so we have never had the bounceback opportunity.

I am looking forward to reading more!
So far there's no public code. This is just something that I booked with bounceback during my September trip. I'll get into more details once I reveal my resort.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:42 PM   #81
maroo
DIS Veteran

I am hoping, actually counting on, Free Dining when we go in October. But I wish they would give us a date for the Race for the Taste!!

And I want to know where you guys will be staying!!

PLEEEEEAAASSEEEE....

lol

Happy New Year, TK!!
Old 12-31-2008, 02:43 PM   #82
TarzansKat

Quote:
And I want to know where you guys will be staying!!

PLEEEEEAAASSEEEE....

lol
Is that a pur-dy please with a cherry on top?

Quote:
Happy New Year, TK!!
Happy New Year, hon! I hope it's great.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:50 PM   #83
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I think I'm the last to everyone's party...another TK trip...I can't wait to hear more about it YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
No Jen, I am last. TK I am really looking forward to this trip report. I am glad that I did find it early on and I will stick with it to the end this time.

Old 12-31-2008, 04:11 PM   #84
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
No Jen, I am last. TK I am really looking forward to this trip report. I am glad that I did find it early on and I will stick with it to the end this time.

Happy to have you here! I hope you enjoy it.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:30 PM   #85
pooh'smate

I know I will love it.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:50 AM   #86
TarzansKat

Quote:
I know I will love it.
Oh, you flatter me so. I hope you're having a Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2009, 09:37 AM   #87
pooh'smate

Just dropping by to wish the Tarzanskat family a healthy, happy, and magical New Year.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:45 PM   #88
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Is that a pur-dy please with a cherry on top?

YES!!

In fact...I will make a FULL banana split for anyone that can guarantee that!

Old 01-04-2009, 04:34 PM   #89
TarzansKat

Quote:
Just dropping by to wish the Tarzanskat family a healthy, happy, and magical New Year.
Thank you! I wish the same to you and yours!

Quote:
YES!!

In fact...I will make a FULL banana split for anyone that can guarantee that!

Hee hee. You know my weaknesses, don't you?
Old 01-04-2009, 04:59 PM   #90
TarzansKat

Well, The Black Pearl Isn't An Option

So obviously we had to pick a resort, right?

Oh, we had to pick a resort.

And conscience won out. That and a lot of other things. There are so many, many things that went into the decision to pick what we picked. Even though there are other places I would love to have stayed, I needed to keep in mind everyone's budget. Not just mine.

Because quite frankly, if this were just about me, DH, and DS, I'd probably find a way to stay at the Wilderness Lodge again. Honestly, I have a newfound love for that resort. I think it's going to become our "pirate's life for three" resort. As in, the place that we stay when we're not taking the whole extended clan. Although you never know. There are other places I'd love to try.

Like the Caribbean Beach. Oh, how I LOVED that resort in September.

Oh, how quickly my DH veteod it based on the bus system alone.

Inwardly, I wept a little. That's my inner . I do have one of those you know. Fairly repressed by the , but still in there.

So that pretty much leaves one other option, my friends.

It's really our home away from home. Our bright, in your face, you can never forget you're at Disney World home away from home.

The one were DS has SO much fun. Where I feel a little bit younger myself. Where there's an amazing sort of energy about the place that you can't put your finger on, but is always there.

It's Disney magic, people. And it lives in the Pop Century Resort.

It's the resort of the amazing refillable slushie coke. The fantastically varied and never disappointing food court. The resort of three pools of your choosing, and fantastic wading area for the kiddos with flowers that pour ice cold (oh yeah that was fun) water on you when you pull the appropriate chain. The resort that is so colorful it almost makes my eyes hurt.

But mostly, it just makes me smile.

That's my Pop Century Resort. It's our family resort. And it's where we're staying.

Mostly for all the reasons I listed, but one significant other point as well.

Let's not pretend that I didn't price out a variety of options when I booked this bounceback. Let's not pretend that I didn't price out the Contemporary, which I'm dying to stay in since the room renovations.

But when I heard that price, my friends, my wallet cried.

Really, really cried, and it was so sad and pitiful, I had to consider its plight. The Pop Century is really the resort that everyone can afford.

Could I easily blow more money on a deluxe hotel? Oh, sure.

Pirate.

But is that the best choice for this year?

So, I did the reasonable thing. The responsible thing. Dang as yet unspeakable birthday, making me reasonable and responsible when I'd like to be frivilous and foolhardy.

I went ahead and booked a room for the TK clan, and then, due to the grace and fortitude of my lovely, lovely reservations CM, I was able to book a room for my FIL as well. For 6 glorious days. Of free dining. During Food and Wine Festival. (For those of you who were wondering, Mom and Nana were able to book their room when they went this past October.) I definitely thought about it, and I definitely questioned myself. A lot.

But you know what? It was the right thing.

Not to say that I haven't had my moments of doubt, because I have. Thinking about waiting in the hot sun for the Pop Century busses (albeit I've never had too long of a wait truthfully) makes me want to cringe. Having been spoiled by being so close to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot on my past two trips, I shudder to think of the transportation issues we could have. So much so, that I actually had a nightmare about this.

Oh, yes. Because most of my sleepless nights are not caused by something reasonable like whether or not my co-workers will ever stop being so catty (okay, sometimes that's it), but mostly by whether or not we'll have a hard time with transportation at the Pop Century in Sept / Oct.

And whether or not I'll meet Jack Sparrow. Since that dream is sadly, unrequited. And I've dreamt of it twice in the past couple of weeks. In great detail.

Ahem.

Getting back on track, staying at Pop is the right thing to do.

And one of the reasons I know this?

When we got home, I made a little trip budget. I'll probably do a separate post about that in greater detail for you. But suffice it to say, I made the budget and looked at the whole, and thought, you know what, that's enough. That's enough to spend on vacation this year, when we have so many other things going on, and the possibility of needing a new car looming on the horizon.

And in the three short (almost four now) months since we returned from our September trip, I've almost hit that budget. Completely.

As in, shy of a few hundred dollars, the money for this trip is completely set aside in my happy little vacation savings.

Without even having tapped into a tax return. It's all extra money, from my job and from DH's weekend job.

And there's nothing quite like the satisfaction of knowing three things:

1. That your Disney trip is paid for.
2. That your Disney trip is affordable.
3. That you won't feel any guilt about your Disney trip.

Very un-pirate-like, I may say.

But feels good, nevertheless.

And that in and of itself, is QUITE pirate.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: