Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2009, 08:41 AM   #751
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
The only thing I got concerned about (just yesterday) is whether or not I'll be fitting DS' spare clothes in that main compartment. I think it'll work if I roll them.
I don't think you should have any problem. I carried around a lightweight fleece in mine, and that was adult size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
What exactly do you fit in that front pocket?
The pocket along the stap isn't huge, but it's just the right size to carry around your room key, cash, eye drops, fast passes, that kind of thing. It just makes it so easy to get to that stuff. I also love the two side pockets. There is one with a velcro closure, and that one was perfect for my sunglasses, and the other meshy one was great for a poncho or a compact umbrella.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 06-29-2009, 08:46 AM   #752
Normangirls
DIS Veteran

Made our ADR's this morning -- good heavens, I wasn't that stressed out taking my college boards! I didn't get everything I wanted when I wanted, and really had to rearrange things on the fly. But I think I am done. I need to take few hours, do some actual work, and then go back and check everything. I just cannot look at it anymore.

We are going to MNSSHP on 9/29. As mentioned, all three girls are dressing up as fairies (DD's are ages 3, 8, and 13, but the 13-year-old is being a good sport about dressing up).

I cannot wait. I just can't get too pumped up right now after two hours of ADR heck.

Anyway, we're going to Disney World!
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2009, 10:05 AM   #753
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I should just go back and read LOL...but when in is your ADR day it has to be coming up pretty darn soon...is it tomorrow??? I'm going to be crossing my fingers and toes for you!
It's actually on Wednesday. Hopefully it'll go well, and I'll go to work in a good mood. Thanks for the fingers and toes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
I don't think you should have any problem. I carried around a lightweight fleece in mine, and that was adult size.
Oh, good. Good to know.

Quote:
The pocket along the stap isn't huge, but it's just the right size to carry around your room key, cash, eye drops, fast passes, that kind of thing. It just makes it so easy to get to that stuff. I also love the two side pockets. There is one with a velcro closure, and that one was perfect for my sunglasses, and the other meshy one was great for a poncho or a compact umbrella.
Excellent! That will be awesome for me, not having to dig through everything else to get to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normangirls View Post
Made our ADR's this morning -- good heavens, I wasn't that stressed out taking my college boards! I didn't get everything I wanted when I wanted, and really had to rearrange things on the fly. But I think I am done. I need to take few hours, do some actual work, and then go back and check everything. I just cannot look at it anymore.
I have back up plans in my head for different days, so I'm hoping if we don't get something I wanted, I'll pull out of my memory something else.

Wish me luck.

Quote:
We are going to MNSSHP on 9/29. As mentioned, all three girls are dressing up as fairies (DD's are ages 3, 8, and 13, but the 13-year-old is being a good sport about dressing up).
I'm glad your thirteen year old is being a good sport! I know that's a tough age...I remember it.

Although, you can tell her your almost thirty something friend from the DIS would love to dress as a fairy.

Heck, I just want the cool wings.

Then, again, maybe you shouldn't tell her. I'm sure I'll seem ancient and so not cool.

Quote:
I cannot wait. I just can't get too pumped up right now after two hours of ADR heck.
TWO HOURS???

Quote:
Anyway, we're going to Disney World!
And that's the important thing!!!
Old 06-29-2009, 10:48 AM   #754
jaynesherer
Earning My Ears

You're going to love the Baggalini!!

We got it for our last trip and just loved, loved, loved it!! And my husband carried it most of the time, and thought it was very comfortable and manageable. So I hope you love it as much as we do.

Jayne
Old 06-29-2009, 12:45 PM   #755
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Sorry to hear about the VERA......very disappointing!!! I hope you like the Baggalini!!! I am wishing you MUCH pixie dust for the ADRs.....oh what fun!!! Can I just say that the other day, for no apparent reason, I was thinking about how close our trips are, and got a wee bit sad knowing that we would be so close to meeting......and yet so far!!!! I just hope you all have a VERY good trip!!!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 06-29-2009, 01:42 PM   #756
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynesherer View Post
We got it for our last trip and just loved, loved, loved it!! And my husband carried it most of the time, and thought it was very comfortable and manageable. So I hope you love it as much as we do.

Jayne
Oh, thank you for your review! That's good to know, and I'm glad to hear your husband liked it as well. My husband is very much a "have backpack, will travel" kind of guy. Although I'm sure if I begged him, he'd carry the Vera for me, I think he'll feel more masculine with the black baggalini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Sorry to hear about the VERA......very disappointing!!! I hope you like the Baggalini!!! I am wishing you MUCH pixie dust for the ADRs.....oh what fun!!! Can I just say that the other day, for no apparent reason, I was thinking about how close our trips are, and got a wee bit sad knowing that we would be so close to meeting......and yet so far!!!! I just hope you all have a VERY good trip!!!
I was bummed about the Vera because it was such an adorable print in person. But you know what, I love my red cargo sling, so I'm lucky to have that.

Ugh. ADR day. I just wish it wasn't a day I worked. I know I can get on there at 600am (online) though, so that's what I'll do.

I know, our trips are so close and yet so far!!!! It's a big bummer to me, I would love to have met you in person.

However, it's an excellent reason to go back.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:02 PM   #757
jmamom
Mouseketeer

Thank you, thank you for telling us about the great deal you got on the baggalini!! I've been planning to buy one for the trip, but was having a hard time plunking down full price for it. I just ordered one in Khaki, and even found the $10 off coupon code you mentioned. You're the best!!

October 2001 at the Wilderness Lodge
September 2009 at the Polynesian
Old 06-29-2009, 02:20 PM   #758
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmamom View Post
Thank you, thank you for telling us about the great deal you got on the baggalini!! I've been planning to buy one for the trip, but was having a hard time plunking down full price for it. I just ordered one in Khaki, and even found the $10 off coupon code you mentioned. You're the best!!
You're welcome!

I rarely, rarely, rarely if ever pay full price for anything. I am all about internet shopping, free shipping and returns, and coupon codes.

I'm so glad I was able to help someone else get what they wanted. And it's exciting that so many of you are excited about this bag. It really gives me high hopes!!!
Old 06-29-2009, 09:24 PM   #759
TarzansKat

"Life Is A Great Big Canvas...Throw All The Paint On It You Can."

I can't take credit for that quote, that's Danny Kaye.

A very wise, and entertaining man. Who also said, "To travel is to take a journey into yourself."

Ponder on that whilst we have the most drive by of updates.

I just have a couple of things to share. I hope you're not all groaning with the rapid fire updates, but I promise I'll make it quick.

The first custom tank has been made. And it's not something I previously discussed. But I am very excited about it.

And it wouldn't be a TK PTR without a headless shot, so here goes.

And for those of you who don't want to stare intently at my chest trying to decipher that cute design, here it is.

I'm debating when in the trip I'm going to wear this. Maybe to breakfast at Chef Mickey's. I think it'd be a hoot. I'm actually quite fond of the white background on the black tank. I think it makes it stand out a bit more.

And I have something else to show you. I didn't take a lot of photos. I hope you can tell what it is.

Yup. Those are the tie dye Mickey shirts. We've been working on them for the past two nights, separating the tasks out, and tonight we did the actual dye.

Pray for them.

Please. I'm so worried. I have to say, the boys shirts looked great during the process, but I'm a little worried about the integrity of my Mickey head.

And now that I've written that, I realize how silly that sounds.

I'm a little touch slap happy.

I think it's tie dye paint fumes.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:28 PM   #760
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Awesome shirt!!! I think it turned out great!!! Too cute and I know you are so excited about wearing it!

I shall send a little prayer up tonight for the tie-dyed shirts and the integrity of your Mickey head!
Old 06-29-2009, 09:33 PM   #761
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Awesome shirt!!! I think it turned out great!!! Too cute and I know you are so excited about wearing it!
I'm definitely going to make my Peter Pan one, and I have another one up my sleeve that makes me laugh hysterically. Whether or not everyone else finds it funny...

Quote:
I shall send a little prayer up tonight for the tie-dyed shirts and the integrity of your Mickey head!
Thank you, my dear.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:02 PM   #762
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

The shirt is adorable, and I really like it on the dark tee. It really stands out that way.

I had read a hint about the tye dyed shirts if the Mickey head doesn't "pop" enough. If you need a bit more white around them, just use one of those clorox bleach pens to outline the edge a bit.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 06-30-2009, 05:14 AM   #763
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

I love the tank TK!! It is practically perfect for you!!! I need to get on the shirt making of course I need to figure out a design I would like LOL!!

Can't wait to see how the tie dye shirts turned how, I'm sure they will be most wonderful!!!

Okay tomorrow is the big day can't wait to see how it goes!! Sending major pixie dust your way...

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 06-30-2009, 05:19 AM   #764
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Love your tank top! So cute... I mean piratey. Praying for your tye die shirts and the integrity of your mickey head.

Old 06-30-2009, 07:16 AM   #765
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
The shirt is adorable, and I really like it on the dark tee. It really stands out that way.
I thought it would be a nice change from plain white.

Quote:
I had read a hint about the tye dyed shirts if the Mickey head doesn't "pop" enough. If you need a bit more white around them, just use one of those clorox bleach pens to outline the edge a bit.
OMG! Thank you so much for posting that!!!! That is a great idea, and I'm sure it'll help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I love the tank TK!! It is practically perfect for you!!! I need to get on the shirt making of course I need to figure out a design I would like LOL!!
Jen, let me know if you want me to design one for you. I'm not on the DISigns board, but I enjoy dabbling in it.

Quote:
Can't wait to see how the tie dye shirts turned how, I'm sure they will be most wonderful!!!
They're still soaking right now. I hesitate to take them apart yet. I think I'll wait for DS' naptime.

Quote:
Okay tomorrow is the big day can't wait to see how it goes!! Sending major pixie dust your way...
Oh, I know. Wednesday, Wednesday. My ADR day. I felt like I needed a countdown ticker just for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Love your tank top! So cute... I mean piratey. Praying for your tye die shirts and the integrity of your mickey head.
Thank you!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: