Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2009, 09:05 AM   #1501
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Every post shall be accompanied by a picture of my favorite rum-soaked, dread-locked, drop dead gorgeous swaggering pirate. In addition, I shall include one of the many of my favorite Captain Jack quotes, in no particular order, from the three films.

Why?

Because it's my pre trip report and I can.

And also, because given that 44 seconds of footage, and the news of the Fantasyland expansion, I am super pumped for this trip and I just want to do something fun every day until we leave. So even if I can't do a full on post, I'll still post the picture and the quote.

And you may all feel free to drool. Perhaps keep a spare towel by the keyboards so I don't get blamed for having fried your computers. You have been forewarned.

"Son, I'm Captain Jack Sparrow. Savvy?"

I'll give you all a moment.

Moment taken.....! Good golly that's one hot pirate.....

Drooling has commenced (just as long as I don't also cut a tooth like Smileybug....)

Quote:
Now, on to official pre trip report business.

I love my hair. I really couldn't stop looking at it last night, running my fingers through it, the whole deal. The trip to salon was well worth it. She spent over an hour cutting my hair and styling it, and we discussed what she was doing, what products to use to achieve the same look. Honestly, even though expensive, it was totally worth it. You just can't beat that kind of service and that kind of quality, you really can't.

Anyway, the big kicker will be if I can style it myself at home. I'll let you all know how that goes later today. I do have to say, because it's so much shorter, I think it's going to take me even less time in the morning once I get the hang of it, and that's a huge plus. Anything that looks cute, like a real style, and doesn't take me time in the morning, well heck, sign me up! That and the fact that I've wanted this style for so long and never had the guts until now, well it just feels like an affirmation. In the words of Mia in the Princess Diaries (books, not film), perhaps I am on my way to self-actualization after all.
SO happy that you love it so much! I'll bet it looks great!

Quote:
I also have Realityland coming from interlibrary loan, so I'm really looking forward to reading that as well. And they didn't have a Birnbaum's guide (why ever not???) so I'll be requesting that as well.
I don't know but I"m starting to think it's a library conspiracy.... It's like if you want it, you have to buy it (or, then again, perhaps a Birnbaum conspiracy!). I love that book. It's just pure Disney and a good "fix" in between trips!

Quote:
Today, I'll be working on the bathroom (and my bedroom if I have time), which will lend itself to taking a look at our travel toiletries and seeing if we need any items to be replenished before we leave.
Little itty bitty travel sized stuff!!!!......Woo hoo!!..... I love these so much that I posted pics of my stash on my last PTR. Target and Walmart usually have big sections of bins just chock full of mini-anything you might possibly need to travel!

Quote:
Of course, my excitement factor is increasing rapidly. The closer we get to this trip, the more excited I get.

I'm so excited FOR you!!! Gosh....pirates, hair, travel-size stuff, and an almost-here trip.... This has been a great post!

Old 09-15-2009, 09:41 AM   #1502
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

First, thank you SO much!

I just can't think of a better way to start my day than with a cup of cofefe

and Jack.

Sigh.

I am so happy you love your haircut! And admire your bravery for a totally new style, it must be freeing.

I'm so curious about these costumes of yours, can't wait for more details!

All in all you are BUSY! Good, cleansing, happy busy. Good things.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2009, 10:19 AM   #1503
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Oh, hello, Jack -- thanks for swaggering over to brighten my dismal school day.

TK, your new haircut sounds very fun and stylish -- can't wait to see it in person soon!

You will like those two Meg Cabot books -- fun, light, quick reads -- like fluffy, yummy cupcakes for your brain!

Ah, I am getting to the point where I simply cannot wait for our vacations to begin.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:42 AM   #1504
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

I'm glad that you like your hair cut. I'm even happier that I get to see it without a huge mickey head covering it!

Old 09-15-2009, 11:59 AM   #1505
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmamom View Post
Glad you love your hair, a good cut is totally worth the extra money, because it grows out nicely too. So actually you saved money, because you don't have to get it redone when it gets shaggy looking.
Now I'm even more excited, because this is going to look totally cute when it grows out. Good point!!

Quote:
How's that for some fuzzy math? Love the daily picture and quote, but can you keep it up until the movie comes out?
Alright, everyone, you heard it here.

If I begin a thread solely devoted to this after I finish this ptr, will you all follow me there?

Quote:
Add me to the list of 21 Jump Street fans, he was beautiful then too. You'll love Realityland - that was a great read. You should also look for "Mousejunkies" by Bill Burke, it was pretty funny.
I'll have to look up Mousejunkies, thanks!

Quote:
I'm way ahead of you on the travel toiletries - mine are already packed.
Wow!

Quote:
My 5 year old packed her suitcase already. All tshirts, no bottoms and no bathing suits - that would be an interesting vacation! I'm impatiently waiting - 11 more days!

I can't get over how she packed her suitcase. I shudder to think how my son would pack his. Although I can tell you, pretty much every day now, he wants to wear a "colored" shirt. That's what he calls his Mickey tie dyes. Am I soooo lucky, or what?

By the by, I've really enjoyed chatting with you here. Do you want to plan a tentative meet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post
Moment taken.....! Good golly that's one hot pirate.....

Drooling has commenced (just as long as I don't also cut a tooth like Smileybug....)
That sure is one hot pirate.

I soooo can't wait for MNSSHP to see my DH dressed up again. Talk about drooling. Now I'll have to fend off the DIS friends we're meeting.

Quote:
SO happy that you love it so much! I'll bet it looks great!
It is very cute.

Quote:
I don't know but I"m starting to think it's a library conspiracy.... It's like if you want it, you have to buy it (or, then again, perhaps a Birnbaum conspiracy!). I love that book. It's just pure Disney and a good "fix" in between trips!
I am very lucky, though, my interlibrary loan is pretty quick.

Quote:
Little itty bitty travel sized stuff!!!!......Woo hoo!!..... I love these so much that I posted pics of my stash on my last PTR. Target and Walmart usually have big sections of bins just chock full of mini-anything you might possibly need to travel!
I remember those pictures. Is it wrong that they were exciting to me?

Quote:
I'm so excited FOR you!!! Gosh....pirates, hair, travel-size stuff, and an almost-here trip.... This has been a great post!

Thanks! Always happy to provide good quality entertainment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
First, thank you SO much!

I just can't think of a better way to start my day than with a cup of cofefe

and Jack.

Sigh.
No need to thank me, my dear. I'd like to pretend what I did was selfless, but to the contrary.

I love posting pictures of Jack.

Quote:
I am so happy you love your haircut! And admire your bravery for a totally new style, it must be freeing.
It is quite freeing, but today I got a little nervous. I had some trouble styling it, since it's my first time. I think perhaps I didn't use enough root lifter. I had a fair amount of mousse going. Let me tell you, this is a whole new world for a girl who barely used hair spray. Anyway, once I figure out the product and how to blow dry it perfectly, I think I'll be okay.

Due to my frustration, however, I was able to replicate my hair to the picture I have of the actress who plays Alice Cullen...complete with headband and everything. It is so stinkin' cute.

Quote:
I'm so curious about these costumes of yours, can't wait for more details!
I'm a little nervous about DS' and my mom's. I'm definitely going to need some help from DH for those.

Quote:
All in all you are BUSY! Good, cleansing, happy busy. Good things.
I love that. It's so true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Oh, hello, Jack -- thanks for swaggering over to brighten my dismal school day.
Jack - My intuitive sense of the female creature informs me that you are troubled, dearie. Having had no experience with those of the middle school persausion, I am at a loss to aid you. More rum?

Quote:
TK, your new haircut sounds very fun and stylish -- can't wait to see it in person soon!
Thanks! By the time I see you, I should have styling it nailed down! Only 12 more days!!!

Quote:
You will like those two Meg Cabot books -- fun, light, quick reads -- like fluffy, yummy cupcakes for your brain!
I needed some light reads, and her books are so great for that. I've been reading these very, very heavy vampire novels, and they started to actually get to me. To the point where they put me in a bad mood. I needed some chick lit.

Quote:
Ah, I am getting to the point where I simply cannot wait for our vacations to begin.
Me, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
I'm glad that you like your hair cut. I'm even happier that I get to see it without a huge mickey head covering it!

You know, I seriously debated outing myself after this haircut. We'll see.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:10 PM   #1506
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Nothing beats having a hairstyle that you love and that is easy to style!! I'm so looking forward to next Thursday and my trip to see Brad my fabulous hairstylist!! I'm really looking forward to seeing your new do!!! I just know you are going to be gorgeous!!!!

So would you like to come to my house and be cathartic...because hubby is going away next week to school and it will be me all by my lonesome and I totally get the whole needing to organize my house LOL!! So you're welcome to come help LOL!!!!

Love the books...I laughed when I saw the huge stack of Disney books...because I have the same stack next to my dresser and on the spare bedroom bed LOL!!

COSTUMES...ooh have fun with that!! I'm so excited about MNSSHP!!!

And last but definitely not least!!! Hmmm...Capt. Jack Oh yes I will definitely be struting my way over here every day to view the lovely picture your post and great quote!!! Maybe I'll use the word Savvy in my class today and see how students respond LOL...should be a good time had by all!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 09-15-2009, 12:14 PM   #1507
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Nothing beats having a hairstyle that you love and that is easy to style!! I'm so looking forward to next Thursday and my trip to see Brad my fabulous hairstylist!! I'm really looking forward to seeing your new do!!! I just know you are going to be gorgeous!!!!
I can't wait to see your new do in person!!!!

Quote:
So would you like to come to my house and be cathartic...because hubby is going away next week to school and it will be me all by my lonesome and I totally get the whole needing to organize my house LOL!! So you're welcome to come help LOL!!!!
Ha! Does Jen need some help cleaning?

Quote:
Love the books...I laughed when I saw the huge stack of Disney books...because I have the same stack next to my dresser and on the spare bedroom bed LOL!!
I'm hoping to dive right in if DS takes a nap today. Fingers crossed. He sooooooo needs one.

Quote:
COSTUMES...ooh have fun with that!! I'm so excited about MNSSHP!!!
Me, too. I know I don't talk about it because it's a surprise, but I'm so excited about my costume! I can't wait for you guys to see it. I hope my hair is a teensy bit longer by then...it so doesn't go anymore. Although.... I just thought of something that might help. Hmmm.

Quote:
And last but definitely not least!!! Hmmm...Capt. Jack Oh yes I will definitely be struting my way over here every day to view the lovely picture your post and great quote!!! Maybe I'll use the word Savvy in my class today and see how students respond LOL...should be a good time had by all!!!
You know what's funny? I use the word savvy all the time. And my mother and I will use it in normal conversation with each other. Along with aye, and do we have an accord.

Yes.

We're a touch off, but in a good way.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:22 PM   #1508
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
I can't wait to see your new do in person!!!!

Ha! Does Jen need some help cleaning?

I'm hoping to dive right in if DS takes a nap today. Fingers crossed. He sooooooo needs one.

Me, too. I know I don't talk about it because it's a surprise, but I'm so excited about my costume! I can't wait for you guys to see it. I hope my hair is a teensy bit longer by then...it so doesn't go anymore. Although.... I just thought of something that might help. Hmmm.

You know what's funny? I use the word savvy all the time. And my mother and I will use it in normal conversation with each other. Along with aye, and do we have an accord.

Yes.

LOL I love that you use those words in daily conversation!! It's like my WOOT!! Yes I actually say that in real life...I'm sure you'll hear me say it a couple of times!!

YES !! I could totally use some help cleaning!!! Are you offering??? LOL!! I'm so glad for the week with just myself in the house to get ready...but still so much to do!!!

Hmmmm...now you have me intriqued...whatever will you be doing to your hair to make your costume match better...I'm really excited to see the costumes!!!!

Hope you get plenty of time to do some delightful Disney reading!!! Enjoy it!!!!! I'm going to try tonight to work on my itinerary notecards...I want those puppies done ASAP!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 09-15-2009, 01:19 PM   #1509
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
LOL I love that you use those words in daily conversation!! It's like my WOOT!! Yes I actually say that in real life...I'm sure you'll hear me say it a couple of times!!
I can't wait to hear you say that.

Quote:
YES !! I could totally use some help cleaning!!! Are you offering??? LOL!! I'm so glad for the week with just myself in the house to get ready...but still so much to do!!!
You live in Florida, right? If we could work in a trip to Disney, I'd consider it.

Quote:
Hmmmm...now you have me intriqued...whatever will you be doing to your hair to make your costume match better...I'm really excited to see the costumes!!!!

Quote:
Hope you get plenty of time to do some delightful Disney reading!!! Enjoy it!!!!! I'm going to try tonight to work on my itinerary notecards...I want those puppies done ASAP!!
Thanks! Oh, itinerary notecards. Something I always mean to do and never accomplish.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:11 PM   #1510
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Jack - My intuitive sense of the female creature informs me that you are troubled, dearie. Having had no experience with those of the middle school persausion, I am at a loss to aid you. More rum?
Fill 'er up!

Quote:
I needed some light reads, and her books are so great for that. I've been reading these very, very heavy vampire novels, and they started to actually get to me. To the point where they put me in a bad mood. I needed some chick lit.
Isn't it interesting how what we are reading can affect our moods so much???
Old 09-15-2009, 05:16 PM   #1511
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Wowsa! You are one busy little bee...err...pirate.

Your library must have a really good Disney section, my former library didn't have ANY. I had to get them ALL on inter-library loan. Pffft!

I am DYING to see your haircut. I actually got mine cut and highlighted today. I feel like a new woman! It's amazing what a little bit of pampering can do for yourself.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:24 PM   #1512
jmamom
Mouseketeer

I'd love to meet up, I'm hoping I get to see you Sunday night at the Rose & Crown. Our ADR is for 4:50, so I might be a little too early for you.
And we are doing the Halloween party Tuesday night, so no crazy Pirates ride for me with the DIS gang. What time are you guys going to be at the GF spa? I might be able to sneak over that way, if its in the afternoon. (we are staying at the Poly, so a little walk on the beach, and I disappear for a while, maybe no one will notice.) Other than that, I don't think your non-planned plans jibed much with our "don't mess with mom's plan" plans. I'll have to go back and look again, but I'm pretty much on Mommy duty the whole week- it took me 8 years to get DH back to Disney World, I'm hoping it won't take that long again. I need to make it easy for him. But, I'll be hanging around the Rose and Crown looking for you - I may not know what your face looks like, but now I know what your hair looks like!

October 2001 at the Wilderness Lodge
September 2009 at the Polynesian
Old 09-15-2009, 07:36 PM   #1513
jmamom
Mouseketeer

OKay, I just went back and looked at your plans from months ago. Are you still planning on hitting the Tambu lounge Wednesday afternoon? This might be a resort day for us, if I can convince the kids that the Volcano slide is just as good as Blizzard Beach. If thats the case, I could definately work that out.

October 2001 at the Wilderness Lodge
September 2009 at the Polynesian
Old 09-15-2009, 07:43 PM   #1514
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Now I'm even more excited, because this is going to look totally cute when it grows out. Good point!!

Alright, everyone, you heard it here.

If I begin a thread solely devoted to this after I finish this ptr, will you all follow me there?
But of course
Quote:
It is quite freeing, but today I got a little nervous. I had some trouble styling it, since it's my first time. I think perhaps I didn't use enough root lifter. I had a fair amount of mousse going. Let me tell you, this is a whole new world for a girl who barely used hair spray. Anyway, once I figure out the product and how to blow dry it perfectly, I think I'll be okay.

Due to my frustration, however, I was able to replicate my hair to the picture I have of the actress who plays Alice Cullen...complete with headband and everything. It is so stinkin' cute.
Ah headbands. I headbands. Nothing fixes bad hair the way they do. Or at least my bad hair! I don't love the pinching behind the ears though. I am so dying to see the hair!

Quote:
which one's? I am starting to get vampired (and werewolfed, shapeshiftered, telepathiced OUT!) but of course don't have the heart to tell DSD that.

Quote:
You know, I seriously debated outing myself after this haircut. We'll see.
YOU TEASE!

Quote:

Somehow

That isn't surprising.

I love it.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:13 PM   #1515
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

TK, I am so glad that you are loving your new haircut. I so wish I could see it in person. I had my haircut like that once before and loved it. I am thinking I may do it again before my vacation.

Do you watch True Blood? If you do then did you realize that Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) is the real life son of Stellan Skarsgard who played Bootstrap Bill in POTC and he was also Bill Anderson in Mama Mia.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: