Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2009, 10:22 AM   #136
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

It's okay to throw the inevitable hissy fit every once and awhile---you wouldn't be human if you didn't!!! Can't wait to hear all about everything in the next update!!!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 01-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #137
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
It's okay to throw the inevitable hissy fit every once and awhile---you wouldn't be human if you didn't!!!
Aww, you're all so supportive of me and my hissy.

Quote:
Can't wait to hear all about everything in the next update!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2009, 11:34 AM   #138
myrsfmly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
Yes that is Burger King. I always order something my way there because my girl friend (who worked there when she was in high school). She told me to order that way because then you know it is fresh.
That's why I always order burgers w/o the pickles - even at McDonalds - although I swear they just rip them off tired old burger and give it to me like that...

anxiously awaiting seeing the hissy-fit induced ADR list!

Old 01-12-2009, 12:11 PM   #139
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrsfmly View Post
anxiously awaiting seeing the hissy-fit induced ADR list!
I think you'll all be surprised at what I actually threw the hissy over.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:47 PM   #140
TarzansKat

Weigh Anchor! Day One

So let's talk about the first day, shall we?

Just what do pirates eat?

Short answer? Whatever they want!

Long answer: Well, dearies, this list of ADRs was pretty much in my head ever since we got home from our trip in September. I knew what I wanted to repeat, what didn't need to be revisited, and also that there needed to be something new.

Now there are lots and lots of things I would love to fit into this trip. But it's six days. And for half the time, we're going to be a party of seven. So with that in mind, I tried to pick some favorites, and again, something new.

So let's just focus on the first day for now.

Which really isn't very exciting. Because basically, in good old TK fashion my plans are to get there.

That's pretty much it. Maybe we'll go to the Magic Kingdom and get my most favoritest hot dog in the World and the world. Maybe we'll go to Downtown and have :::shock, gasp::: ice cream for dinner again. It really just depends on my little nut. On the time of our flight, the time we weigh anchor at the Pop Century, whether or not the room is ready, all that good stuff.

But this is one of the things I put my foot down about.

We WILL NOT make a reservation for the first day.

I hate that. Abhor it. Detest it even. And although that's standard for Mom and Nana, I'm putting my foot down. We're not gonna do it, wouldn't be prudent. I loved in September when we got to our hotel. Checked in. Unpacked in a leisurely fashion and then decided what to do with ourselves. That was heaven. Pure, sweet heaven.

So that's day one folks.

I promise, the ADRs are coming.

Last edited by TarzansKat; 01-13-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:20 PM   #141
DARuss
Tag. You're it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
So let's talk about the first day, shall we?

Just what do pirates eat?

Short answer? Whatever they want!

Long answer: Well, dearies, this list of ADRs was pretty much in my head ever since we got home from our trip in September. I knew what I wanted to repeat, what didn't need to be revisited, and also that there needed to be something new.

Now there are lots and lots of things I would love to fit into this trip. But it's six days. And for half the time, we're going to be a party of seven. So with that in mind, I tried to pick some favorites, and again, something new.

So let's just focus on the first day for now.

Which really isn't very exciting. Because basically, in good old TK fashion my plans are to get there.

That's pretty much it. Maybe we'll go to the Magic Kingdom and get my most favoritest hot dog in the World and the world. Maybe we'll go to Downtown and have :::shock, gasp::: ice cream for dinner again. It really just depends on my little nut. On the time of our flight, the time we weigh anchor at the Pop Century, whether or not the room is ready, all that good stuff.

But this is one of the things I put my foot down about.

We WILL NOT make a reservation for the first day.

I hate that. Abhor it. Detest it even. And although that's standard for Mom and Nana, I'm putting my foot down. We're not gonna do it, wouldn't be prudent. I loved in September when we got to our hotel. Checked in. Unpacked in a leisurely fashion and then decided what to do with ourselves. That was heaven. Pure, sweet heaven.

So that's day one folks.

Just being in the "world" is kinda like heaven. we have ressies our first day, for the first time. We don't normally do that but we had so much fun last time we decided to try to do the exact same thing, only with ressies at CJ's this time rather that just waiting in line. If we have to wait too long there is a nice little margarita stand close by.
Dis Dads Club Dad#16 BushWackers are Baaaaaaack.....a PTR for 1/09 trip
Me DW DD13 DD27
Contemporary 1972, Fort Wilderness 1975, Contemporary Dec '76 & July '85, All Star Movies Jan '07, Pop Century '12, '13 & 14 Boardwalk Villas Jan '08, '09, 10 & '12, Feb '11 & '13.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:25 PM   #142
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARuss View Post
Just being in the "world" is kinda like heaven. we have ressies our first day, for the first time. We don't normally do that but we had so much fun last time we decided to try to do the exact same thing, only with ressies at CJ's this time rather that just waiting in line. If we have to wait too long there is a nice little margarita stand close by.
Well, I'm certainly not opposed to a place with a margarita stand near by!

We've spent a lot of our Disney trips always having a ressie the first day. But I loved not having to be somewhere specific. I know my son will be about four and a half by the time we go, so he'll be older and maybe able to handle more, but in case he needs some down time, and to not feel rushed, we're just going to wing it. Heck...maybe we'll spend the night at Pop just enjoying the resort!
Old 01-12-2009, 01:33 PM   #143
DARuss
Tag. You're it.

Quote:
Well, I'm certainly not opposed to a place with a margarita stand near by!

We've spent a lot of our Disney trips always having a ressie the first day. But I loved not having to be somewhere specific. I know my son will be about four and a half by the time we go, so he'll be older and maybe able to handle more, but in case he needs some down time, and to not feel rushed, we're just going to wing it. Heck...maybe we'll spend the night at Pop just enjoying the resort!

With a 4 1/2 y/o that is probably a GREAT idea. I do have the Disney Dining number in my phone incase something were to change. But it was so much fun last year that is why we made ressies for this trip. At the same time we might get some shopping done while at DTD. If not, we can stay at the resort (BWV) and walk to Epcot to get a grey goose slushie.
Me DW DD13 DD27
Contemporary 1972, Fort Wilderness 1975, Contemporary Dec '76 & July '85, All Star Movies Jan '07, Pop Century '12, '13 & 14 Boardwalk Villas Jan '08, '09, 10 & '12, Feb '11 & '13.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:45 PM   #144
TarzansKat

Quote:
With a 4 1/2 y/o that is probably a GREAT idea. I do have the Disney Dining number in my phone incase something were to change. But it was so much fun last year that is why we made ressies for this trip. At the same time we might get some shopping done while at DTD. If not, we can stay at the resort (BWV) and walk to Epcot to get a grey goose slushie.
Very nice! I have the number programmed in too, just in case. You never know. My mother actually said she'd love to go to Downtown the first night and get our shopping out of the way. Ha ha ha. Like that will prevent us from shopping on the rest of the trip. We both know we're fooling ourselves, but we like to enjoy the illusion.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:34 PM   #145
myrsfmly
DIS Veteran

Quote:

OK, I know you have 8 months to drag this out... but, seriously, you are killing me!

Old 01-12-2009, 02:36 PM   #146
TarzansKat

Quote:
OK, I know you have 8 months to drag this out... but, seriously, you are killing me!
Sorry. When I started writing that, to throw everyone a bone, I realized, uh oh. There aren't any ADRs on day one. They're going to mutiniy.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:42 PM   #147
myrsfmly
DIS Veteran

yep... 'cause that pirate thing is contagious...

Old 01-12-2009, 02:48 PM   #148
TarzansKat

Quote:
yep... 'cause that pirate thing is contagious...
Like I said, my evil plans are coming to fruition.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:09 PM   #149
DARuss
Tag. You're it.

Quote:
Very nice! I have the number programmed in too, just in case. You never know. My mother actually said she'd love to go to Downtown the first night and get our shopping out of the way. Ha ha ha. Like that will prevent us from shopping on the rest of the trip. We both know we're fooling ourselves, but we like to enjoy the illusion.
I'm not crazy about shopping but for some reason shopping at Disney aint as bad. If I get tired I can always go sample a margarita or sumthin' while DW shops.
Me DW DD13 DD27
Old 01-12-2009, 03:16 PM   #150
TarzansKat

Quote:
I'm not crazy about shopping but for some reason shopping at Disney aint as bad. If I get tired I can always go sample a margarita or sumthin' while DW shops.
Like I said, nothing wrong with a margarita! Am I read that right? Did you say DW? Do I have a male reader? WOW! I think you're the first. That deserves a special prize of some sort. Unfortunately, I'm used to offering up photos of Jack Sparrow as prizes, and that may not work for you.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: