Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2008, 06:43 AM   #1
JackieLand
Seasoned Disney Fan

Southwest Check In from resorts

How do you check in for Southwest at WL? I know they are not a preferred airline but is there a way to check in on our return flight and print boarding passes at the resort or at one of the theme parks? Thanks so much.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:09 AM   #2
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

You can bring your flight confirm info with you, to the resort front desk or to guest services in the parks, and they will get you checked in. It works quite well, but it does make it easier and quicker if you have all your flight info in hand.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2008, 08:38 AM   #3
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

We have even checked in from the PARKS. In Guest services........ this was when SW was 24 hours before flight to check in, so it came up mid-day for us.
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:52 AM   #4
JackieLand
Seasoned Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMcDuck View Post
We have even checked in from the PARKS. In Guest services........ this was when SW was 24 hours before flight to check in, so it came up mid-day for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
You can bring your flight confirm info with you, to the resort front desk or to guest services in the parks, and they will get you checked in. It works quite well, but it does make it easier and quicker if you have all your flight info in hand.

I thought you still had to check in 24 hours in advanced to get into A or B boarding groups, this is the "NEW" policy correct? I have never flown Southwest so I am a bit confused. If I go to guest services 24 hours before the flight in one of the parks, they can check me in and also print out boarding passes?
Old 12-28-2008, 09:06 AM   #5
jfinke
DIS Veteran

You can also check in via their mobile phone site.
jfinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:17 AM   #6
JackieLand
Seasoned Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinke View Post
You can also check in via their mobile phone site.
I set up this URL in my mobil phone (even though I pay per minute, yikes). If I use the mobile check in. Where is the kiosk to print the boarding passes once you arrive at the airport. Has anyone used this? Does mobile check in process work good?
Old 12-28-2008, 09:40 AM   #7
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieLand View Post
I thought you still had to check in 24 hours in advanced to get into A or B boarding groups, this is the "NEW" policy correct? I have never flown Southwest so I am a bit confused. If I go to guest services 24 hours before the flight in one of the parks, they can check me in and also print out boarding passes?
The boarding groups are assigned by order of check-in, starting at 24 hours.

I check-in wherever I am at when the 24 hour mark comes up. In June, I checked in at City Hall at MK, in October at Downtown Disney guest services. During a trip last year I went to the Yacht Club guest services. They print out the boarding passes for you.

I did try to use my blackberry at Downtown Disney in October but the signal was low and it would not connect. That's when I went to guest services.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:56 AM   #8
disneyfaninaz
It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieLand View Post
Checking in with SW has nothing to do with being a particiating airline or not. At the 24 hour mark you can check in at the Concierge Desk at any WDW resort, Guest Services at any park and DTD. You can also check in using a web enabled cell phone or have a trusted friend or family member back home check you in.

You can print your boarding pass at the airport when you check your luggage.
disneyfaninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:02 AM   #9
JackieLand
Seasoned Disney Fan

Thanks everyone.

I think I have a clear picture of what to do now. Thanks a bunch, you're a great group here at disboards!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: