Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2009, 12:09 PM   #1
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

Cooke's of Dublin - good food, slow service, dirty & crowded

We ate at Raglan Road CS for the first time yesterday and we loved the food - fish & chips, and lamb/beef pie. Very good! Unfortunately, there were issues:

1. Crowded - Not sure what the heck seating configurations they had planned, but the seating is horrible. Very crowded as you have to sit on top of other people's tables. Yuck!

2. Dirty - Oh boy! It was gross - dead bugs on ground, food all over floor, fingerprints on windows, no tables/chairs cleaned and a huge leak in ceiling with a huge puddle and no bucket. It just kept dripping from the ceiling, right by the door. It was a gross, yellow/brown mess. We had to clean our table, chairs and floor, as well as use wipes to get cutlery and napkins as that area was really disgusting.

3. Slow service - There were only 2 CMs working - one to take orders and 1 to cook! It was during lunch time rush hour!We felt so badly for them.

Although we enjoyed our food very much, we will never eat in this restaurant again, as we'll just take our food and go. We actually did take our ice creams and sat next door at Portobello outside tables (no one was there) It looked like they were letting people sit outside on patios for Raglan Road TS, but they were soaking wet as it had just rained, so that wasn't an option for us with the kids.

Raglan has the potential to be so much better, as the food is very good, but the seating area and lack of staff and cleanliness is not good at all. We also noticed that several of the outside letters had fallen off as well.

We have noticed a general decline in service and cleanliness, and this experience just confirmed it.

Wanted to report that our food was great, but the other aspects to a dining experience were not.

Tiger

Last edited by Tiger926; 07-21-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Tiger926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:51 PM   #2
Dawnand4kids
Earning My Ears

I think you may be talking about Cooks of Dublin..we were there last wed, and we waited 30 min for our meal!!!! I am almost 9 months preggo, and had to sit down, but no room..I found a high chair, which took me several tries to hop up on..lol!! It took forever..there was one cashier, and 3 people in the back!! ONe cook, 2 people dishing the food out!!
Yes, the food was good, so I wanted colcannon soup fromRaglan rd. So, we were told to get it to go we had to order it from the bar, so we waited there 30 min...then they said they couldn't find to go bowls!!
Anyways, by the time we sat down, we took the kids to Mcdonald's, and we ate, the soup was cold as could be!! I was not happy!! And yes, the place needed a good cleaning!!!
Dawnand4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2009, 04:26 PM   #3
pta-mom
The three-second rule does not count if you drop the chocolate in the toilet!
It's really amazing how crazy & heated these topics become!

fish & chips, and lamb/beef pie

Cookes of Dublin, not Raglan Road. Raglan Road is a very spacious bar/restaurant with lots of tables but usually pretty well spaced apart, not on top of each other as you described. Raglan Road is great place to eat!! Give it a try next time....it's right next door to Cookes of Dublin!

pta-mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:24 PM   #4
estherhead
DIS Veteran

Whew, I clicked on this as I was super confused. Dh & I ate at Raglan Rd. for our anniversary dinner last year. It is huge, spacious, clean, amazing entertainment, etc. It would be completely insane for one person to be serving the like 100+ tables!

We LOVED Raglan Rd. I've never been to Cookes of Dublin. But Raglan Rd got 2 thumbs WAY up from us.
estherhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:29 PM   #5
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

First time I was able to get back as we were at AK all day. I am so sorry - I can't believe I made that mistake! So sorry about that mistake - I was doing several things at once.

Yes, I was definitely talking about Cooke's of Dublin.

Sorry, Tiger
Tiger926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:12 PM   #6
PixieDustandEeyore
DIS Veteran

We only went in there for the Fried D'Oh bar but we went in when it was deserted and it was clean. Sorry you had a bad experience!
PixieDustandEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:11 PM   #7
Robert P
GLOBEX - taking over your world one country at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger926 View Post
We ate at Raglan Road CS for the first time yesterday and we loved the food - fish & chips, and lamb/beef pie. Very good! Unfortunately, there were issues:

1. Crowded - Not sure what the heck seating configurations they had planned, but the seating is horrible. Very crowded as you have to sit on top of other people's tables. Yuck!

2. Dirty - Oh boy! It was gross - dead bugs on ground, food all over floor, fingerprints on windows, no tables/chairs cleaned and a huge leak in ceiling with a huge puddle and no bucket. It just kept dripping from the ceiling, right by the door. It was a gross, yellow/brown mess. We had to clean our table, chairs and floor, as well as use wipes to get cutlery and napkins as that area was really disgusting.

3. Slow service - There were only 2 CMs working - one to take orders and 1 to cook! It was during lunch time rush hour!We felt so badly for them.

Although we enjoyed our food very much, we will never eat in this restaurant again, as we'll just take our food and go. We actually did take our ice creams and sat next door at Portobello outside tables (no one was there) It looked like they were letting people sit outside on patios for Raglan Road TS, but they were soaking wet as it had just rained, so that wasn't an option for us with the kids.

Tiger
Crowded - ITA. The layout and seating do not seem to accomodating.

Dirty - No excuse for that.

Slow service - yes, it was slow when I last ate there as well. I chalked it up to the food being made to order, not prefab waiting to be plated.

Glad you enjoyed the food. Sorry about the other stuff.
01/04 - CBR, AKL: 9/04 - POP, BCV, POR: 10/04 - BCV, (offsite-Radisson-yuck!):
11/05 - Dolphin, BCV, BWV: 10/06 - BCV: 11/06 - Dolphin, BCV:
07/07 - Dolphin, (offsite-Sheraton Safari- AOK!) 11/07 - BCV, Dolphin:
04/08 - Dolphin, BWV: 08/08 - POP, WL: 10/08 - BCV, Swan:
09/09 - Dolphin, (offsite-Sheraton Safari): 11/09 - Swan, BCV 10/10 - Dolphin, BCV

Robert P's April 2008 Dining Reviews: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1791298
Robert P's Fall 2007 Dining Reviews: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1630586
Robert P is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: