Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2008, 02:01 PM   #1
LOVEDISNEYLAND
You brought so much joy and peace into my life and I'm going to miss you so much!!

Question Walmart near Disneyland

I was wondering if anyone knows where the closest Walmart is? We will be there in Feb and want to stop at the grocery store and stock up on food for the week to save money. I know there is a Walmart but, I'm not sure really where it is. In the past we've went to Target but, we want more of a selection and fresh fruits and veggies. Thanks

Education means inspiring someone’s mind, not just filling their head.
- Katie Lusk
LOVEDISNEYLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 02:09 PM   #2
jlmarr
You got that right

There's a Walmart on Euclid just off the northbound I-5, but it doesn't have fresh fruit or veggies - just canned, dairy, and frozen. Ditto for the new Target on the south side of I-5 on Euclid. For fruit and veggies you need to go to a real grocery store. The Food 4 Less on Katella west of DL might be what you're looking for - cheap, no frills (bag it yourself etc), but with a full produce section, deli section, etc.
jlmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2008, 02:09 AM   #3
Grim_Grinning_Girl
DIS Veteran

Wal-Mart is kinda out of the way.

Yeah I've seen a Wal-Mart in the area but it's not very convenient since you need to hop on the freeway. Your best bet is going to the Food 4 Less that "jlmarr" has suggested. And I'm positive there's another big name supermarket about 6 or so blocks from Disneyland on Harbor Blvd. - I think it may be an Alberton's. Yes, I kinda remember going to an Albertson's before entering the park on one of our days.

But why even bother? Forget about shopping outside the Disneyland resort, $1.75 per fruit is a real deal . And $3.00 bucks for a cup of 10 grapes, can't beat that .
Grim_Grinning_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:33 AM   #4
grumpy's fan
Mouseketeer

We've been to Food 4 Less several times - fresh fruit and veggies were very good and tasty. It is run by the same company as Kroger's here in Texas so there is alot of the same types of food. It isn't far from DL at all
grumpy's fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:29 PM   #5
brocklesnar69
Proud to be a Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim_Grinning_Girl View Post
But why even bother? Forget about shopping outside the Disneyland resort, $1.75 per fruit is a real deal . And $3.00 bucks for a cup of 10 grapes, can't beat that .

Yeah, the prices at Disney for everything, especially food, are criminal. So much so that you'd think you were buying from a loan-shark.

brocklesnar69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:20 PM   #6
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

I guess it depends on what you want, but at the 7eleven on the corner of Harbor and Katella.

Apples, green and red 99cents. Oranges 99 cents. Green Grapes and celery sticks are also in my picture but I can't see the prices. Dole fruit cups $1.49. Yoplait Yogurts $1.49
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:22 PM   #7
jenniferrose
Mouseketeer

I would go to Food 4 Less. Very close to the park and will have whatever you need.

November 2014. December 2013, September 2011 - surprise trip for DDs 4th birthday at Paradise Pier!
Prev trips-Nov 09, Nov 08, Oct 06, and many many more that I can't remember the dates for...
jenniferrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:03 PM   #8
jlmarr
You got that right

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmarr View Post
There's a Walmart on Euclid just off the northbound I-5, but it doesn't have fresh fruit or veggies - just canned, dairy, and frozen. Ditto for the new Target on the south side of I-5 on Euclid. For fruit and veggies you need to go to a real grocery store. The Food 4 Less on Katella west of DL might be what you're looking for - cheap, no frills (bag it yourself etc), but with a full produce section, deli section, etc.
Update on my 2 year old comment above - the nearby Walmart now has a full blown grocery section. My DW, who does all the shopping, is very impressed.

She says Food 4 Less has gone downhill but is still a reasonable option for DL visitors due to the proximity.

There's also a produce market on Euclid between Katella and Cerritos, i.e. due west of DLH. It's at the former Tom's Farms location.
jlmarr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: