Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2011, 06:23 PM   #76
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacomom View Post
We've used the bed rails on the sofa bed for our son when he was 3 and they worked very well. He moves everywhere when he's sleeping too.
I breastfed our daughter when she was 4 months on board with no problems AT ALL from the staff or other passengers. I was discreet about it, always covering myself and baby, but did it anywhere and never got any bad looks or anything.
The staff are FANTASTIC. The dining room staff and the room steward were so helpful-never hesitate to ask for help.
Flounder's was great and will work with you however you want. I wanted to be called if my daughter started crying and was upset and they did (she has colic/reflux) so I was able to pick her up. They followed every request and were so great with her.
Wonderful to know that Flounders would call you! Does anyone know their hours of operation? All I can find on the website is that the hours are limited and must be signed up for in advance. TIA!
5/01 - AKL, 4/05 - CBR, 7/06 - POFQ, 12/07 - Pop, 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC, 12/12 - Poly, 7/13 - PolyCL, 1/14 - PolyCL, 5/14 - AKLCL, 7/14 - GF SL, 11/14 - YC/GF , 6/15 - PolyCL, 7/15 - DCL Fantasy, 7/15 - AKL CL

Ferrentinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:40 PM   #77
tinkerbell2181
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdes1 View Post
2) We took him to the 3 years and up play area (forgot the name) every day and one of us stayed with him while he played. He loved it and the staff were very nice.

DD will be almost 19 months old, and I seen your son was 18 months when you are referring to this area. What is this area? Is this the nursery? Is it open to people even for kids just to play? Thanks in advance for any info from anyone!!
WDW March 1997 -- Band Marched in Spectromagic Parade
WDW May 2003 -- Contemporary Resort
WDW Sep/ Oct 2007 -- DH first time -- Port Orleans
DCL October 2011 7 night Western Caribbean -- First cruise whole family
tinkerbell2181 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2011, 09:54 PM   #78
Wests4Disney
Mouseketeer

subbing.

We are taking a cruise in NOv. 2011 and our son will be 13 months. Keep the tips coming. Love it so far. Thanks for all of the advice and tidbits. It is nice to learn from others who have "been there, done that."
Old 08-02-2011, 11:51 PM   #79
sesame_123
Mouseketeer

First of all Thanks for all the great information!!

Now onto my concerns we are cruising this December it will be Myself (mom) my sister, my dd4 (turning 5 in January) and my DS who turns 2 in Novemeber. I'm trying to figure out sleeping because my stinker err I mean my son has figured out how to climb out of his crib. I can't get him to stay in it. Had to switch him to a toddler bed. I think he would do fine in a bed with the bed rails but where to put my daughter, I'm not really keen on her sleeping in the bunk.
Is there an age restriction on who can sleep in the bunk?

Since it will be my sister and myself will the beds be configured as a queen or as twins? Could we request it to be a queen? (I'm thinking ds/dd and myself sleep in the queen, dd/ds on couch and sister on bunk)

I am sure I am way overthinking this and it will just work out.

TIA

Tracy

p.s. I will be working hard on the Potty training thanks to the tip about the kids club but I'm not holding my breath on that one!
sesame_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:55 AM   #80
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell2181 View Post
DD will be almost 19 months old, and I seen your son was 18 months when you are referring to this area. What is this area? Is this the nursery? Is it open to people even for kids just to play? Thanks in advance for any info from anyone!!
I'm not the original poster you quoted but the 3 years and up play area is in the Oceaneers lab. You just go to the check in desk and they will get you a visitor sticker and you and your baby can go in and do any of the activities going on. I took my 10 month old a lot especially when dropping off or picking up my almost 5 year old so she could crawl and play. There were several 18month - 2year olds who would visit at various times.

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:09 AM   #81
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

The Oceaneers Club sounds great - I am sure my LO will love crawling around there next summer!
Anyone know the hours of the Flounders nursery?
5/01 - AKL, 4/05 - CBR, 7/06 - POFQ, 12/07 - Pop, 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC, 12/12 - Poly, 7/13 - PolyCL, 1/14 - PolyCL, 5/14 - AKLCL, 7/14 - GF SL, 11/14 - YC/GF , 6/15 - PolyCL, 7/15 - DCL Fantasy, 7/15 - AKL CL

Old 08-03-2011, 08:26 AM   #82
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesame_123 View Post
First of all Thanks for all the great information!!

Now onto my concerns we are cruising this December it will be Myself (mom) my sister, my dd4 (turning 5 in January) and my DS who turns 2 in Novemeber. I'm trying to figure out sleeping because my stinker err I mean my son has figured out how to climb out of his crib. I can't get him to stay in it. Had to switch him to a toddler bed. I think he would do fine in a bed with the bed rails but where to put my daughter, I'm not really keen on her sleeping in the bunk.
Is there an age restriction on who can sleep in the bunk?

Since it will be my sister and myself will the beds be configured as a queen or as twins? Could we request it to be a queen? (I'm thinking ds/dd and myself sleep in the queen, dd/ds on couch and sister on bunk)

I am sure I am way overthinking this and it will just work out.

TIA

Tracy

p.s. I will be working hard on the Potty training thanks to the tip about the kids club but I'm not holding my breath on that one!
It will depend on the ship you are sailing on. On the Magic and the Wonder the beds can be made up as either 2 twins or 1 queen. On the Dream (except for reports of a few select cabins) the beds are not splitable and only make 1 Queen bed.
My oldest was 4 years and 11 months when we sailed in March and she loved the top bunk. I was a little nervous about her sleeping up there, but I showed her how to use the ladder and she did great. I don't know that there is an age limit for the top bunk, but I think there is a weight limit. I don't know what that limit is though. I'm sure if you posted that question out of this thread it would get answered though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrentinos View Post
The Oceaneers Club sounds great - I am sure my LO will love crawling around there next summer!
Anyone know the hours of the Flounders nursery?
I just looked at my navigators for the magic and the hours depend on the day. On port days Flounders opened early and was open at 7:30am. On sea days it opened at 9am. It closed depending on the day at 11pm or 12am.

I had a 10 month old at the time and left her at Flounders 2x's. The first was during the day and she had a great time playing. When I went to pick her up, Peter Pan (from the Disney Dreams show) was there playing with the kids. The 2nd time was on Pirate night (I didn't want her up for the fireworks). I brought her up after dinner and they played with her and put her to sleep. She was sleeping very peacefully when I woke her up to take her to the room.

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
Old 08-03-2011, 06:17 PM   #83
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

[/Quote]I just looked at my navigators for the magic and the hours depend on the day. On port days Flounders opened early and was open at 7:30am. On sea days it opened at 9am. It closed depending on the day at 11pm or 12am.

I had a 10 month old at the time and left her at Flounders 2x's. The first was during the day and she had a great time playing. When I went to pick her up, Peter Pan (from the Disney Dreams show) was there playing with the kids. The 2nd time was on Pirate night (I didn't want her up for the fireworks). I brought her up after dinner and they played with her and put her to sleep. She was sleeping very peacefully when I woke her up to take her to the room.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for looking into that for me! I had no idea that they were open at night at all and would put them to sleep - I was thinking that the cribs were only for daytime naps! Wow... maybe DH and I could have a quiet, romantic dinner one night! Thanks so much!

Old 08-28-2011, 01:29 PM   #84
goofymom68
Earning My Ears

pool for 14 month old

We will be on the Wonder when the youngest is 14 months. Do I understand correctly - he can't go in the little mickey shaped pools because he is not potty trained, but he can splash along the shallow edge of the kid's pool? Just wondering, because there is no Nemo's play area on the Wonder correct?

Honeymoon WDW 1998
Countless trips to Disneyland
Wonder MR July 2008
goofymom68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:47 PM   #85
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

There is a splash area on the Wonder. It is just not as large and well themed as Nemo's Reef. It's behind the Mickey slide.

Here is my then 10 month old playing in it on the Magic

Old 08-28-2011, 02:58 PM   #86
goofymom68
Earning My Ears

Thank you for the info and the adorable picture.

Honeymoon WDW 1998
Wonder MR July 2008
Old 08-28-2011, 02:59 PM   #87
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofymom68 View Post
We will be on the Wonder when the youngest is 14 months. Do I understand correctly - he can't go in the little mickey shaped pools because he is not potty trained, but he can splash along the shallow edge of the kid's pool? Just wondering, because there is no Nemo's play area on the Wonder correct?
That is correct! Your child will not be allowed anywhere near the Mickey Pool! Just after boarding, we were sitting on the very edge talking to our friends and my daughter (who was 10 mos) put her toes in and not 2 seconds later a CM came over to tell us that she was not allowed in it!

The good news is that the Splash area is on the other side of the Mickey Slide, away from the Mickey Pool so your little boy won't be wandering over there and getting yelled at

Here's some pics from the Magic...

I also have some video of my girl in part 4 of my videos I made from that trip...I think the cruise part starts about 6 mins into it or so...

http://cassworld.ca/videos/wdw-2009-4.wmv

I have some small clips of her in the splash pool too, let me go look for those
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:02 PM   #88
goofymom68
Earning My Ears

Thank you for the pictures and video. It looks like our son will easily enjoy himself without a pool.

Honeymoon WDW 1998
Wonder MR July 2008
Old 08-28-2011, 03:45 PM   #89
Timon

DIS Junkie

Here's a little clip of my girl enjoying the splash area on the Magic. She was a month shy of 3 and not potty trained. She wore a swim diaper in here and loved every second of it!

http://www.youtube.com/user/cass327?feature=mhee
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:35 AM   #90
J&HSal
Earning My Ears

Anyone cruise lately have update on parents with infants as visitors at Oceaner's club? Friend just cruised in march and they said no parents except certain times.
J&HSal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: