Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 03:10 PM   #3601
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Photo Pass Tips

Welcome back to lots of recent Wish Trippers!

I have a few Photo Pass tips to share!

1) The default for each photo is 5x7. If you would like to print an 8x10 or a 4x6 later, you need to save each photo with each border in each print size. I learned this after changing 404 photos into 1300 photos with borders - all in 5x7 size! You will need to click the button up above that says for example: "2- 4x6 for $14.95". It will then save it in a 4x6 format. Make sure you always save when it says save as a copy or you will save over your other photo. It will be time consuming.

2) Only the fairy Terrance in Pixie Hollow had two special Christmas borders that can only be added to photos with him. If Tink is in the picture too, the special borders will not appear.

3) The Up Characters also have some cute special borders besides the 2 Up Borders. You can have Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto or Stitch invade the photo from the left or right.

There may be others that I missed, but these are the main ones that I found to be unique.

Have fun editing!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
Old 12-15-2009, 06:55 PM   #3602
twinmum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalana View Post
Well, Lydia developed pneumonia after about five days here and we had to take her into emergency Saturday night and she was transferred to the Florida Children's Hospital PICU that night. Last night we got to go the the peds floor (which is really nice and new) and we're hoping to be flying home with medical transport today or tomorrow. We are staying at the RM House right next to the hospital (what an awesome place!). Just wanted to let you who know us know.
Oh, I am so sorry that Lydia ended up in hospital...definitely NOT the trip you had hoped for! I hope you get home safely and Lydia will recuperate quickly.
I think of our Manitobe Wish Families often.

With warm wishes,
Alison (and my Toronto Wish Family!)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2009, 10:09 PM   #3603
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

Linda, I'm sorry to hear about the pneumonia! I've heard wonderful things about RM Houses. Thanks for updating us. There will be lots of prayers going up for you guys.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:12 PM   #3604
alizesmom
Pumba is my hero but I love Donald

Saying a prayer for Lydia. Karen
Old 12-15-2009, 10:13 PM   #3605
alizesmom
Pumba is my hero but I love Donald

Linda Babe, I'd love to meet. Just let me know how. Karen
Old 12-16-2009, 02:16 PM   #3606
pnutallergymom
Mouseketeer

Gtube/TPN dependant and meals

Hi everyone,

Brigitte is TPN/Gtube fed...but will occasionaly eat a tiny bit by mouth. Maybe 1 chicken nugget and a couple of fries...or a few bites of salad.....nothing more, and those are on good days!! She is 3, will we be charged meals for her at the restaurants at Disney? We will likely be doing alot of TS meals, of which some will be All you can eat, others plated dishes.

Shannon (mom) Bryan (dad)
Brenna (8) Jake (7) Sean(6) Brigitte (3) Wish Child
Brigitte's PTR Make a Wish Trip
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2357435
www.carepages.com
CarePage Name: TheChristmasMiracle
Old 12-16-2009, 08:18 PM   #3607
dmbfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutallergymom View Post
Hi everyone,

Brigitte is TPN/Gtube fed...but will occasionaly eat a tiny bit by mouth. Maybe 1 chicken nugget and a couple of fries...or a few bites of salad.....nothing more, and those are on good days!! She is 3, will we be charged meals for her at the restaurants at Disney? We will likely be doing alot of TS meals, of which some will be All you can eat, others plated dishes.

If you stay at GKTW, you are not charged for ANY food, but any of the sit down meals, or Character meals you book, she will be charged. Jake as on TPN when we went and he ate nothing by mouth (except whip cream at GKTW) so we choose not do any meals that we had to pay per person. We are doing the same thing this time, cause even though Jake is eating by mouth, he is does not eat a 24.00 sit down mean, even it is all you can.

If you do go to dinner or eat meals that they do not charge by the person, than you can have her eat off you or your dh's plate, no one will know.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:21 PM   #3608
dmbfan
DIS Veteran

So it looks like we can do a couple of night shifts at GKTW if we want...cool1: talk to the woman the other day and they are going to see if they can get us in the "Castle of Miracles" so Jake can help the kids make their "wish pilliows".... We are so excitied, as this was Jake's favorite place at GKTW...he goes everywhere with his pillow...so this would be so cool. I should know more after Christmas for sure...maybe sooner....can't wait...
Old 12-16-2009, 08:30 PM   #3609
2specialkids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutallergymom View Post
Hi everyone,

We had DS's ressies at Play N Dine at Hollywood N Vine. I called when I made the ressies and let them know he's tube fed and I would be bringing his "meal in a can" and reminded our server when we were seated. They didn't charge for him even though he ate about 3 bites of mashed potatoes from my plate. I think if you call asap and let them know you may be able to let her eat a bite or 2 from your plate. Just let them see her blend/can so they know she's not really eating-just possibly picking a bite or 2.
Good luck! (Oh and letting them know it's a Wish trip doesn't hurt either. )

Gracie's (Mikayla) Pre-Trip report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3146419
Trip dates are 9/26-10/2/13
Boo's (Nikolas) Trip Report starts on page 7 post#99
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2263732
Old 12-17-2009, 04:22 PM   #3610
WishMom09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbfan View Post
So it looks like we can do a couple of night shifts at GKTW if we want...cool1: talk to the woman the other day and they are going to see if they can get us in the "Castle of Miracles" so Jake can help the kids make their "wish pilliows".... We are so excitied, as this was Jake's favorite place at GKTW...he goes everywhere with his pillow...so this would be so cool. I should know more after Christmas for sure...maybe sooner....can't wait...
That is so cool! I can't wait to hear all about it! And see pics of course!

Caleb's Wish Trip TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post30337247

2002 Off Site, 2009 GKTW (Caleb's Wish Trip), 2010 POR, 2012 POR

Old 12-17-2009, 08:47 PM   #3611
momma_mouse
Mouseketeer

need opinions about strollers

I'm trying to decide what to do about taking ours/using theirs/renting. So, we have 3 kids...6, 3 and 2. The 2 and 3 year old will have to have a stroller. The 6 year old needs one as well. I know that we can get a complimentary stroller rental at Disney. (not sure about US/IOA and Sea World though?) But, I know those don't recline and are hard plastic. Either way, we have to take at least one stroller from home. I'm considering taking 2 though. We would take our single and our double. I'm worried about that just being more to get through the airport though, but on the other hand, I think we will probably need them at the airport. Ack! Help! Another bit of info, we will be having one of the strollers tagged as a wheelchair. I'm not sure that we can tag the double that way. If we could, I would be ok using the Disney stroller for our 6 year old and using the double for the 2 little ones. If it won't work out that way, we'll have to take our single for Sloan. And then, I don't think the Disney double will work for a 2 year old who needs naps. Any info or input would be greatly appreciated.

wife to a truck driver
mom to 3 -- DD10 , DS7 and DD6

Old 12-17-2009, 09:03 PM   #3612
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

I am going to give you my opinion just as a mother. I LOVE having my own stroller! I LOVE having it going through the airport. The past 3 or so trips that we have flown I have used the stroller strictly for carrying the carseat through the airport. I have flown most of the time without my DH and with just my DS. I had a LONG line at security of just my stuff. Stroller, carseat, sweatshirts, shoes, backpack, computer and computer bag but all was good!

I also love having my own stroller so DS would nap well and I knew he was nice and comfy. Now if I had to have two strollers I am not sure what I would do!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 12-17-2009, 09:12 PM   #3613
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma_mouse View Post
I'm trying to decide what to do about taking ours/using theirs/renting. So, we have 3 kids...6, 3 and 2. The 2 and 3 year old will have to have a stroller. The 6 year old needs one as well. I know that we can get a complimentary stroller rental at Disney. (not sure about US/IOA and Sea World though?) But, I know those don't recline and are hard plastic. Either way, we have to take at least one stroller from home. I'm considering taking 2 though. We would take our single and our double. I'm worried about that just being more to get through the airport though, but on the other hand, I think we will probably need them at the airport. Ack! Help! Another bit of info, we will be having one of the strollers tagged as a wheelchair. I'm not sure that we can tag the double that way. If we could, I would be ok using the Disney stroller for our 6 year old and using the double for the 2 little ones. If it won't work out that way, we'll have to take our single for Sloan. And then, I don't think the Disney double will work for a 2 year old who needs naps. Any info or input would be greatly appreciated.
I flew quite a few times before my youngest turned two. We had Phoebe in her wheelchair and then a stroller for Tessa, with her car seat precariously balanced on top with her in it! The airport can be a zoo and it is a pain to keep all your stuff handy but portable too. I would probably take the double from home then get a rental for your 6 yo. They are more open easy for her to get in and out on her own as you make stops. I'm almost positive I remember people sharing that they got strollers at all locations through GKTW but I would double check that before deciding for sure.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:31 PM   #3614
momma_mouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyanggirls View Post
I flew quite a few times before my youngest turned two. We had Phoebe in her wheelchair and then a stroller for Tessa, with her car seat precariously balanced on top with her in it! The airport can be a zoo and it is a pain to keep all your stuff handy but portable too. I would probably take the double from home then get a rental for your 6 yo. They are more open easy for her to get in and out on her own as you make stops. I'm almost positive I remember people sharing that they got strollers at all locations through GKTW but I would double check that before deciding for sure.
I'm almost certain that will work IF I can tag a double stroller as a wheelchair. I don't know though... Anyone??

wife to a truck driver
mom to 3 -- DD10 , DS7 and DD6

Old 12-17-2009, 09:34 PM   #3615
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma_mouse View Post
you can use a double stroller as a wheelchair as long as it is no wider than 32 inches and no longer than 48 inches. There may be a few lines where a stroller that large would be a tight fit, but it will be OK for the most part. They will tag a double to be used as a wheelchair - other people have done it.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
Closed Thread

Tags
disabilities, gktw, make a wish, maw, wish trip

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: