Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 10:19 PM   #3526
pipersmom
DIS Veteran

Oop..Melissa beat me to it and her response didn't show when I looked for some reason.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:23 PM   #3527
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma_mouse View Post
Great photos to start out with! I'll read along!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2009, 11:24 PM   #3528
alizesmom
Pumba is my hero but I love Donald

I'm excited to report that we have been able to reschedule Ciara's wish trip for Jan 9th. We are so looking forward to this and I am thrilled to hear about Maroo's success with the Disney photographers. Karen
Old 12-05-2009, 12:51 AM   #3529
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizesmom View Post
I'm excited to report that we have been able to reschedule Ciara's wish trip for Jan 9th. We are so looking forward to this and I am thrilled to hear about Maroo's success with the Disney photographers. Karen
Hurray!!!! What a relief!
Old 12-05-2009, 08:30 AM   #3530
momma_mouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipersmom View Post
Basically Disney is offering a free photopass cd to all wish families, thanks to some effort on Maroo's part! (She's so awesome). Just give her a pm and she can give you the finer points..I want to say they're supposed to give you the code at GKTW starting in January, and for any family that doesn't get the code there (if they're not giving them out yet), she'll have one for you.
That is so awesome! I'm crying happy tears! I really wanted to use PhotoPass, but didn't know if we would have the $150 to do it. Our house payment is due as soon as we get back so we will only be using the spending money given to us and nothing extra. Thanks so much Maroo! You're wonderful and I hope you are truley blessed for everything you do to help others out!!

wife to a truck driver
mom to 3 -- DD10 , DS7 and DD6

Old 12-05-2009, 12:58 PM   #3531
pipersmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hooray! So glad you all were able to reschedule..and they got you in so quick!
Old 12-05-2009, 01:38 PM   #3532
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefaniLyn View Post
Thanks Maroo. Once I get a timeline for the Christmas party I will check into getting a later ressie. I think we would have serious regrets if we missed all of the GKTW Christmas Party!
I wonder if you were able to get a later ressie?? Your trip is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdzbear View Post
Thank you Maroo! The report is back up and running with some new updates! I was so worried I had posted too many pictures and caused it to close!
I am so glad it was fixed! Your TR is so awesome!!!

Quote:
Sloan's wish trip is booked! We will drive to Nashville and stay in a hotel the night of January 22nd. We'll fly out the morning of the 23rd at 8 am. (That's goign to be fun getting 3 kids 2 car seats a booster and countless bags on the hotel shuttle to the airport, then off the shuttle, into the airport and through security that early in the morning!!) We're staying at GKTW and will fly back home the 30th at 3:15. Tommorow marks 5o days until Sloan's dream is granted!!! We're going to celebrate this weekend by renting Up (we've never seen it) and making a Disney themed paper chain countdown! We're soooo excited!!! I can't wait to see Sloan's face. I've got to buy a camcorder between now and then. (Anyone know of a good, low priced one?) He gets so excited now just seeing the fireworks over the castle at the begining of Disney movies. He starts jumping up and down and saying "I want to go there! I want to go there!" I can only imagine how excited he will be when he is actually there!!!
to the Wish Trippers thread!

Great TR started! Can't wait to read more about your precious family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Maroo-

I've been behind on this thread but your news about the photopass for GKTW families is so awesome. Thank you for taking the time working this out.
Thanks, Tim! Hopefully you guys will benefit from that sometime soon!!! Congrats to Juliana for getting a WISH!

Now here is some hope that she will pick DISNEY!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdzbear View Post
In case you missed this and are heading to WDW soon:

Between December 2 and 15, select WDW theme park Quick Service locations will be giving receipts with a coupon for 20% off on merchandise between the hours of 9am and 12pm. Participating merchandise locations: Emporium at Magic Kingdom® Park; Mouse Gear at Epcot®; Mickey's of Hollywood at Disney's Hollywood Studios; Island Mercantile at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park; and World of Disney® Store at Downtown Disney® Marketplace. Discount is not valid on the purchase of Alcohol, Tobacco, Disney Ticket Media, Periodicals, Postage Stamps, Digital and Video Cameras, Personalization, DVDs, CDs, Disney Dollars or the Disney Gift Card. Coupon cannot be used in combination with any other discounts, including but not limited to, Cast Member, AAA, Passholder discounts, etc. Limit one coupon per transaction. Coupon has no cash value and must be surrendered at time of purchase. No photocopies or reproductions of coupon accepted. Not valid on previous purchases. Separate theme park admission required.
Hmm.... This is cool! I wonder how long you have to redeem the coupons? We arrive on the 15th....but won't be at the parks till later that day.

Quote:
Someone might be able to go with us, I'd have to ask.

I'm not farmiliar with skycap. We're flying Southwest out of Nashville International Airport if that helps any.

How would I get one at Orlando? Who do I need to ask and when? We'll have someone waiting for us to help with bags and getting our rental car, but I'm not sure if it they will be at the gate or not.
I would call the airline ahead of time and ask...and you can ask at the gate, too. You will have help when you get to Orlando, though. Just ask the gate folks. You may have to wait a bit, but they should be able to find someone to help ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyanggirls View Post
I guess there were some recent policy changes to the Photopass system that raised the price for everyone except for on-site guests. Since GKTW guests don't have a "choice" in where they stay Maroo tirelessly requested that Disney allow GKTW guests the same price. They went one step better.....

http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...postcount=3476
Yeah...I basically started a Protest. Twitter Protest. It was VERY effective!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipersmom View Post
Basically Disney is offering a free photopass cd to all wish families, thanks to some effort on Maroo's part! (She's so awesome). Just give her a pm and she can give you the finer points..I want to say they're supposed to give you the code at GKTW starting in January, and for any family that doesn't get the code there (if they're not giving them out yet), she'll have one for you.
Thank you.

Basically as you guys are going, let me know...if you don't get a code when you are at GKTW, then I will get you one when you get back!!

Quote:
I am so glad you are excited about the PhotoPass! If you don't have a code when you go through Orientation, let me know and I will get you one as you get back.

Congrats on getting your trip rescheduled!!

Quote:
That is so awesome! I'm crying happy tears! I really wanted to use PhotoPass, but didn't know if we would have the $150 to do it. Our house payment is due as soon as we get back so we will only be using the spending money given to us and nothing extra. Thanks so much Maroo! You're wonderful and I hope you are truley blessed for everything you do to help others out!!
You are so sweet.

I am very, very blessed indeed!

You guys going soon...make sure you fully USE the PhotoPass Photographers. The main regret we had on our trip is that we really didn't use them enough. Take LOTS of pictures in front of the castle, Tree of Life, Spaceship Earth and the Hat. The more pics you take the more likely you are to get the perfect picture of all of you.

Old 12-06-2009, 09:07 AM   #3533
momma_mouse
Mouseketeer

meals at GKTW

Has anyone that's stayed at GKTW had to deal with food allergies (that were not related to the wish child) and other meal modifications?

Cambell has Celiac and is also allergic to milk and soy. Will they have things she can eat or do I need to plan on hitting up a health food store when I get there? (Speaking of which, where is one so we can pick up some snacks and stuff? Is there a Whole Foods close by?)

Do I need to call GKTW ahead of time and let them know her meal restrictions?

What about US (if we go, not sure yet) and Sea World? Will they be as helpful as Disney is with food allergies or will I need to take everything in for her?

wife to a truck driver
mom to 3 -- DD10 , DS7 and DD6

Old 12-06-2009, 08:56 PM   #3534
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Has anyone that's stayed at GKTW had to deal with food allergies (that were not related to the wish child) and other meal modifications?

Cambell has Celiac and is also allergic to milk and soy. Will they have things she can eat or do I need to plan on hitting up a health food store when I get there? (Speaking of which, where is one so we can pick up some snacks and stuff? Is there a Whole Foods close by?)

Do I need to call GKTW ahead of time and let them know her meal restrictions?

What about US (if we go, not sure yet) and Sea World? Will they be as helpful as Disney is with food allergies or will I need to take everything in for her?
I know that Disney is AWESOME with food allergies.

I would call GKTW - 800-995-KIDS - and let them know. From what I have heard, they are great. I know that they try to get gluten free stuff...but not sure if they have stuff that would be milk, soy and gluten free?

I am not sure about the Whole Foods, either. I know there is a Walmart...Another great question for GKTW.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:26 PM   #3535
Soon2B4
DIS Veteran

Photopass update!! No codes!

We just got back on Saturday the 5th, and we received no photopass code at orientation. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up that they still don't have that straight yet. I hope they work it out soon for everyone.

Aidan's Pre-trip report:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post33984742
Old 12-07-2009, 02:32 PM   #3536
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2B4 View Post
We just got back on Saturday the 5th, and we received no photopass code at orientation. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up that they still don't have that straight yet. I hope they work it out soon for everyone.
I heard from the PhotoPass folks this past week and it is probably going to be after the first of the year.

They gave me enough codes to get you guys that have just come back taken care of, though!

How was your trip??
Old 12-07-2009, 04:59 PM   #3537
dmbfan
DIS Veteran

We are going back!!!!

Wow everyone...it was about a year ago this month that we were planning Jake's MAW trip...and here I am again, but this time to share that we are going back to Disney World in Feb, and very excitied to go and volunteer hopefully a full day at GKTW. We want to be able to give back and see the smiles of other wish familys'.

Has anyone been back after their wish trip to volunteer? We are just so excitied we can can not wait.

Also looking at stayin at Port Orleans....anybody stay there?....
Old 12-07-2009, 06:49 PM   #3538
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbfan View Post
Wow everyone...it was about a year ago this month that we were planning Jake's MAW trip...and here I am again, but this time to share that we are going back to Disney World in Feb, and very excitied to go and volunteer hopefully a full day at GKTW. We want to be able to give back and see the smiles of other wish familys'.

Has anyone been back after their wish trip to volunteer? We are just so excitied we can can not wait.

We did not stay at GKTW so I cannot comment on it. However, about 11 years ago we stayed at Dixie Landings that is now the French Quarter part of Port Orleans. I love that resort! There is a boat that can take you to Downtown Disney. If you get a room in the Alligator Bayou, you get an extra pull out trundle bed. It has good quick service and sit down restaurants. It used to only share two bus stops which were the French Quarter and Riverside. Riverside is the original Port Orleans. I think you will like the relaxed Southern feel there! I am so happy you get to plan a second trip!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
Old 12-08-2009, 09:18 AM   #3539
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbfan View Post

WOO HOO!!!!!

How is Jakers!?!?!?

So, you are going to be able to volunteer at GKTW? That would be so awesome! You guys are going to have a great time!

I hope you will do a pre-trip and trip report! That would be so neat to see!
Old 12-08-2009, 08:50 PM   #3540
Maryrn11168
DIS Veteran

Hi all!! I have a question...not to sound impatient, The wish granters met with my son about three weeks ago and we have not heard anything from them since. I have no contact information either......How long does it take for them to get back to you???

My boss is after me for my vacation request for the 1st quarter and I don't have my dates!!

Mary

Honeymoon-Swan 1997,AKL 5/02, Off site 11/02, Hilton Head 8/03, OKW 11/03, Hilton Head 8/04, BCV 5/05, Boardwalk 5/06, Vero Beach 8/07, VWL 5/2008, Magic Western 10/08, BWV 11/08, HHI 8/09, Magic Eastern 3/10, SSR 10/10, Vero Beach 8/11, Dream 5-night 8/11, BLT 8/11, Disney 1/2 Marathon 1/12, 5/12 SSR, 6/12 Magic Weekend Getaway, 7/12 BCV, 9/13 DVC Member Cruise, 10/13 BCV, 2nd 1/2 Marathon BCV 1/14
Closed Thread

Tags
disabilities, gktw, make a wish, maw, wish trip

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: