Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 10:49 PM   #2176
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmparrish5 View Post
I did not order our photopass until after we got home from our trip. They just gave us a photopass card and they scanned it each time we had pictures taken. I had to pay $129.99. However, I think Tiffany paid $99. I have 323 pictures on my CD that I just got and love all of them!!!!
Woo Hoo!!!

Does this mean we get to see them, too?!?!

I feel like a kid in a candy store! More, more, more! lol
Old 06-10-2009, 12:36 PM   #2177
Matt1026
Mouseketeer

I just love pictures. I am one of those that believe in capturing every moment on film. So learning about this photopass really excited me. I have a question about the CD. Can you make prints from the CD? Just curious.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2009, 12:48 PM   #2178
sammie girl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1026 View Post
I just love pictures. I am one of those that believe in capturing every moment on film. So learning about this photopass really excited me. I have a question about the CD. Can you make prints from the CD? Just curious.
Very good question. I don't quite understand it either but Maroo has cleared up alot about it. The photopass website talks like you should already know about it and is confusing to me.

Thank you Maroo for the info it has cleared up alot and will have saved me some money because I plan on figuring out how to purchase it with your code this weekend.

P.S. It is my 9th wedding anniversary today! We almost were able to celebrate it as Disney...
Old 06-10-2009, 01:09 PM   #2179
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1026 View Post
Yes, you can!

You can upload it at any store, etc...They give you a waiver that you can show the people that are printing them for you.

And they are very high quality, so you should be able to print large prints and not have quality issues.

And you can have as many as you want...they will send you multiple CD's if you take a bunch of pictures.

The main thing is...you can't see the pic when they take it...so especially if you have kids...take a LOT of pics. If you take one in front of the castle, come back and take another and another. Take a few at night in front of the castle, etc, too. And the character pics you will get will be awesome, too!!
Old 06-10-2009, 01:30 PM   #2180
Matt1026
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammie girl View Post
Very good question. I don't quite understand it either but Maroo has cleared up alot about it. The photopass website talks like you should already know about it and is confusing to me.

Thank you Maroo for the info it has cleared up alot and will have saved me some money because I plan on figuring out how to purchase it with your code this weekend.

P.S. It is my 9th wedding anniversary today! We almost were able to celebrate it as Disney...
Happy Anniversay!!!! We are hoping to be able to celebrate ours in September at Disney. We are still holding our breathes for our dates.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:31 PM   #2181
Matt1026
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
Yes, you can!

You can upload it at any store, etc...They give you a waiver that you can show the people that are printing them for you.

And they are very high quality, so you should be able to print large prints and not have quality issues.

And you can have as many as you want...they will send you multiple CD's if you take a bunch of pictures.

The main thing is...you can't see the pic when they take it...so especially if you have kids...take a LOT of pics. If you take one in front of the castle, come back and take another and another. Take a few at night in front of the castle, etc, too. And the character pics you will get will be awesome, too!!

Thank you so much for the reply!!! I am so excited about this.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:53 PM   #2182
kmparrish5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Woo Hoo!!!

Does this mean we get to see them, too?!?!

I feel like a kid in a candy store! More, more, more! lol
Yes I will post some to my trip report. It may be a day or so. We just got home from Landon's double day surgery. He is doing well and resting.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:36 PM   #2183
merneric
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyores Butterfly View Post
Woops. The last time I checked it nobody had replied and when I looked again I didn't see it with the threads with new posts. Must have missed it.
Quote:
Photopass Tutorial:

Buy the Photopass - You can technically "prepay" for the photopass ANYTIME (even after you get back) as long as it is BEFORE you actually load and look at your photos.

How Photopass Works - When you get to Disney and go into the parks, you will find many official Disney Photographers at various spots in the parks. They will take your picture with YOUR camera, if you want. And they will give you a card (the size of a credit card) that will have a set of numbers. Each time you get your picture taken, give them the card and the pictures will be assigned to that number on the card. When you get home, you can input the number from the card into the computer and look at all of your pictures. You can purchase individual pictures (they are expensive) or buy the whole CD of pictures. You can also make mugs, calendars, and even photo books that you design yourself. Many character spots have photopass photographers, too! So you can get all of your character pics on the CD, too.

Some tips:
- Take LOTS of pictures, even in the same spots on different days or different times of the day. The more pictures you take, the more likely you are to get a good picture.

- Take a picture of your photopass card, in case you lose it. You only need the number on the card to get your pictures. You might also want to write it down for future reference.

- You can actually have as many photopass cards as you want. It is easier to just keep up with one or a few, but you can actually have a BUNCH, you just input each number when you get back.

- Make sure each adult in your party understands the photopass and that they can get a new card if they have a photograph moment and you are not there with them. If you get separated, they can just get a new card and jot the number down and you will be able to claim the pictures.

- Wish Trips are a GREAT time to get LOTS of pictures, because you tend to visit a LOT of characters, so I recommend each Wish Family plan to pre-purchase one and then purposely take LOTS of pics.

- Have the photopass photographer take the same pictures with your camera, too!

- Some rides allow you to load the "ride picture" on your photopass... so feel free to ask a CM. I am almost positive Test Track allows this...and I think there are others.
I am sorry, I don't know why this is so confusing to me...I hope I didn't just throw $85 away.
I went to the website and clicked on the pre-purchase button. Filled in all of my info...it came up to $84.96 (Thank you very much Maroo!)
Then I got a confirmation that has my order number, billing, shipping address, etc.
I agree with someone else who said they make it seem like everyone should know what to do. There isn't anything that says "Use this code to claim your CD".
So I understand now I go to Disney get my pictures made and save my photopass numbers. But what do I give them to show I already ordered a CD? Does this sound right to those of you who have purchased??? Is the only thing I need to have them mail my CD is my photopass code(s) and my
"order number"??
Also, Maroo, I should have asked this before I ordered...the June 15 expiration, that was for the discount right?? Because we won't be at Disney until June 22. I hope we can still use this.
Sorry again, I am very confused
Old 06-10-2009, 02:45 PM   #2184
merneric
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by merneric View Post
I am sorry, I don't know why this is so confusing to me...I hope I didn't just throw $85 away.
I went to the website and clicked on the pre-purchase button. Filled in all of my info...it came up to $84.96 (Thank you very much Maroo!)
Then I got a confirmation that has my order number, billing, shipping address, etc.
I agree with someone else who said they make it seem like everyone should know what to do. There isn't anything that says "Use this code to claim your CD".
So I understand now I go to Disney get my pictures made and save my photopass numbers. But what do I give them to show I already ordered a CD? Does this sound right to those of you who have purchased??? Is the only thing I need to have them mail my CD is my photopass code(s) and my
"order number"??
Also, Maroo, I should have asked this before I ordered...the June 15 expiration, that was for the discount right?? Because we won't be at Disney until June 22. I hope we can still use this.
Sorry again, I am very confused
Okay, I just got an email that DOES explain to me what to do
Now I think I finally "get it"!
I just wanted to make sure I didn't just spend $85 on a blank CD!
Mary Anne
Old 06-10-2009, 04:34 PM   #2185
wkualum
Mouseketeer

ROCK ON!! I just ordered my Photopass for our trip. I wish they would call me with the dates!!!

Thanks to everyone for all of your tips!!
Old 06-10-2009, 05:10 PM   #2186
WishMom09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkualum View Post
ROCK ON!! I just ordered my Photopass for our trip. I wish they would call me with the dates!!!

Thanks to everyone for all of your tips!!
The waiting is the hardest!
I see your beach countdown ticker! Which beach are you going to?

Caleb's Wish Trip TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post30337247

2002 Off Site, 2009 GKTW (Caleb's Wish Trip), 2010 POR, 2012 POR, 2014 POR

Old 06-10-2009, 06:20 PM   #2187
wkualum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishMom09 View Post
The waiting is the hardest!
I see your beach countdown ticker! Which beach are you going to?
We're (DD8 and I) going to Gulf Shores, AL with my mom, sister and her 2 kiddos. Might be more stressful than relaxing but I'll make the best of it and enjoy the time away from home and work!

Old 06-10-2009, 06:25 PM   #2188
merneric
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkualum View Post
We're (DD8 and I) going to Gulf Shores, AL with my mom, sister and her 2 kiddos. Might be more stressful than relaxing but I'll make the best of it and enjoy the time away from home and work!

I know what you mean, I tend to get more stressed out on vacations than I am at home (I guess that is why we never go anywhere!) I am going to try REALLY hard on Sam's wish trip to not get stressed out and just enjoy the moment...sometimes easier said than done
Have fun on the beach!!
Mary Anne
Old 06-10-2009, 06:41 PM   #2189
merneric
Mouseketeer

We are on our way to Sam's send-off dinner. We are doing it a little bit early because DD will be at camp next week and she didn't want to miss it. I am so excited for this opportunity for Sam. He has been through so much and never complains. He is just the sweetest child I have ever known. Everything he does, he does it with a smile on his face. He loves to make other people happy and hates to see anyone suffering. I am so proud to be his mom. In social situations he is usually ignored by other kids and really doesn't have any friends. I am heart warmed to just think of the fact that he will be a "star" for a few days. I hope I don't spend 7 days crying, but I am sure I will!
I will try to take a few pics tonight...
Mary Anne
Old 06-10-2009, 07:03 PM   #2190
sammie girl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by merneric View Post
We are on our way to Sam's send-off dinner. We are doing it a little bit early because DD will be at camp next week and she didn't want to miss it. I am so excited for this opportunity for Sam. He has been through so much and never complains. He is just the sweetest child I have ever known. Everything he does, he does it with a smile on his face. He loves to make other people happy and hates to see anyone suffering. I am so proud to be his mom. In social situations he is usually ignored by other kids and really doesn't have any friends. I am heart warmed to just think of the fact that he will be a "star" for a few days. I hope I don't spend 7 days crying, but I am sure I will!
I will try to take a few pics tonight...
Mary Anne
Sam deserves to be the "star"! My dd has made me promise that I won't cry happy tears anymore. I tried but they seem to just keep coming on no matter how hard I try! I know what you mean about him being ignored. We went through that at dd's school last year. She was the only one who was "different". It breaks a mother's heart. I can't wait to see the pics and excitement on his face and yours.
Closed Thread

Tags
disabilities, gktw, make a wish, maw, wish trip

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: