Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 05:05 PM   #196
macntosh
Wonders if the Tag Fairy is still around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindymouse1 View Post
Can anyone explain the advance purchase of the photo card??? I LOVE pics and already know I will want it. How much?? How many pics?? Where to buy???

If you can't tell I'm still panicking. Still no info from MAW other than dates so I am making ADRs now.

Thanks!!!

This is a discounted link, however if you get in with a group of people (check the budget boards for Photo Pass Group) you can get it down to under $20 per person. I started a group and we have 8, only $17 per person and all the photos we can handle.

PreVisit Photopass Discount
Old 01-14-2009, 08:16 PM   #197
mindymouse1
Mouseketeer

OK I just posted a very LONG explanation on Clint's site. I kept reading all about other kids on theirs and decided I needed to tell a little more about him and why he is getting his wish. It was very hard for me to do since I don't like to talk about it much. I left out alot but it still tells the jist of it. Hope it isn't too bad. I also put alot of pics before, during and now. Hope you all enjoy it.

Clint's make a wish trip PTR Link

Me- ,DD10- , DS4-
Numerous childhood visits.
Shades of Green (9 days) - March 2005
Offsite (1 wk)- Jan 2007
Clint's Make A Wish Trip (GKTW) - Feb 2009
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2009, 10:05 PM   #198
portocall
I'm gonna try the water and swat next time

I hope you don't mind if I post this here...

First, my prayers go to each and every one of you... this is such a great thread.
I had the pleasure of going on my sister's wish trip back in 1991 (she had T-cell ALL and 4th stage non-hodgins lymphoma, but was a fighter and is now 23 and a new mom, she was 5, I was 17 on the trip)
Because we lived 45 minutes from WDW, our chapter didn't want to let us go to GKTW, but with persuasion, finally gave in. We all thought is was a bit silly since often at cancer support groups, ect.. we would get free admission tickets and went frequently, but she insisted she wanted to go to Disney World, not Disneyland, or something else, so WDW it was and boy am I happy she picked it. It was such a wonderful experience for her and our family. She felt so special, and although it was hard because we never dreamed she would make it as far as she has, she still talks about it like it was yesterday. I can't really give much advice because I am more than sure it has changed a lot since we went, but I am glad to see that families are still able to go and have a good time. I wish there was this kind of online community back then, my mom would have been on a ton I am sure.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:15 PM   #199
macntosh
Wonders if the Tag Fairy is still around?

Do any of y'all plan on Pin Trading while there. I'm trying to go through our pins from three years ago and pull extras(Mya doesn't remember), but gosh I want to buy more cheap ones for Mya and I to trade.

Sidenote: There are some nuts on American Idle....
Old 01-14-2009, 10:19 PM   #200
mom2lilnick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by portocall View Post

First, my prayers go to each and every one of you... this is such a great thread.
I had the pleasure of going on my sister's wish trip back in 1991 (she had T-cell ALL and 4th stage non-hodgins lymphoma, but was a fighter and is now 23 and a new mom, she was 5, I was 17 on the trip)
Because we lived 45 minutes from WDW, our chapter didn't want to let us go to GKTW, but with persuasion, finally gave in. We all thought is was a bit silly since often at cancer support groups, ect.. we would get free admission tickets and went frequently, but she insisted she wanted to go to Disney World, not Disneyland, or something else, so WDW it was and boy am I happy she picked it. It was such a wonderful experience for her and our family. She felt so special, and although it was hard because we never dreamed she would make it as far as she has, she still talks about it like it was yesterday. I can't really give much advice because I am more than sure it has changed a lot since we went, but I am glad to see that families are still able to go and have a good time. I wish there was this kind of online community back then, my mom would have been on a ton I am sure.

What a great story! I am so glad she is doing well.

Wife to one amazing guy Jeff
Mom to three wonderful kids..
Kayla, Noah and my wish child Nicholas .

Nick's pre-trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post28150528
Old 01-15-2009, 08:11 AM   #201
llurgy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by portocall View Post

Awwww.....Such a nice story, so glad she is doing so well.
We havent gone yet (next week ) but I am so glad that your MAW chapter finally gave in about letting you all stay at GKTW. Staying there (or on resort) is all part of the Wish trip experience and travelling everyday from home just wouldnt quite cut the mustard would it!

Mandy

www.schtabs.com

Becca's MAW/GKTW/Disney Trip was January 21st to January 27th 2009
Me ...... David ...... Becca
Old 01-15-2009, 08:50 AM   #202
mindymouse1
Mouseketeer

I love to hear great stories and endings like this!!! Glad she is doing great and you all got to stay at GKTW!!!

Clint's make a wish trip PTR Link

Me- ,DD10- , DS4-
Numerous childhood visits.
Shades of Green (9 days) - March 2005
Offsite (1 wk)- Jan 2007
Clint's Make A Wish Trip (GKTW) - Feb 2009
Old 01-15-2009, 09:02 AM   #203
iu97alum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by macntosh View Post
Sidenote: There are some nuts on American Idle....
Oh yes! There cdefinitely were!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macntosh View Post
Do any of y'all plan on Pin Trading while there. I'm trying to go through our pins from three years ago and pull extras(Mya doesn't remember), but gosh I want to buy more cheap ones for Mya and I to trade.
We did last year when we went to WDW. Emy enjoyed it. Sami could have cared less. She just wanted a lanyard with pins "Like Emy."

Me DH DD5 DD3
1/08 VWL
1/09 DCL Wonder

Old 01-15-2009, 08:23 PM   #204
llurgy
DIS Veteran

Can you take cool bags/cool boxes into Walt Disney World/Universal Studio's/Seaworld?

We were thinking of making sandwiches for some of the days and would want to keep them relatively cool. Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches are out as Becca is allergic to Peanut butter.

Mandy

www.schtabs.com

Old 01-15-2009, 08:28 PM   #205
Khalana
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by llurgy View Post
Can you take cool bags/cool boxes into Walt Disney World/Universal Studio's/Seaworld?

We were thinking of making sandwiches for some of the days and would want to keep them relatively cool. Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches are out as Becca is allergic to Peanut butter.

Mandy
I think you can (if anyone know's, please correct me) if they are not huge coolers. It's okay to bring a lunchpack in your bag.

A link to my TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post27875290
Old 01-15-2009, 08:36 PM   #206
llurgy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalana View Post
I think you can (if anyone know's, please correct me) if they are not huge coolers. It's okay to bring a lunchpack in your bag.
The one I was thinking of taking is like one of those that kids take to school for their lunches, soft, not solid and shaped like a shoulder bag. Big enough only to hold apx 3 sandwiches and a couple of bottles of water.

www.schtabs.com

Old 01-15-2009, 08:55 PM   #207
Khalana
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The one I was thinking of taking is like one of those that kids take to school for their lunches, soft, not solid and shaped like a shoulder bag. Big enough only to hold apx 3 sandwiches and a couple of bottles of water.
I don't think that would be a problem at all.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:06 PM   #208
LuvGoing2Disney7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We didn't have any problem with it. Our cooler is bigger.
I would say probably 14"hx12"wx16" It's a soft one with a strap. It fits perfectly in the front seat of our stroller and then Drew rides on the back.

Zander Drew (Wish Kid) Ryan Madilynn
Mark,Meagan & Grandbaby Mason
Cody

Drew's Wish Comes True
www.drewmakesawish.blogspot.com
Old 01-15-2009, 10:26 PM   #209
llurgy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvGoing2Disney7 View Post
We didn't have any problem with it. Our cooler is bigger.
I would say probably 14"hx12"wx16" It's a soft one with a strap. It fits perfectly in the front seat of our stroller and then Drew rides on the back.
Is it that red thing??
If so, ours is smaller than that so I think I can rest easy

www.schtabs.com

Old 01-15-2009, 10:29 PM   #210
Khalana
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to let everyone know that I updated my TR with day 3 and LOTS of pictures.

Closed Thread

Tags
disabilities, gktw, make a wish, maw, wish trip

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: