Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-13-2009, 01:16 PM   #181
maroo
DIS Veteran
 
maroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: MS
Posts: 8,042

Quote:
Originally Posted by iu97alum View Post
Emy wants to wear them on the plane. DH said no way. We'll see if she can convience him....

She is so cute!! The shirts are GREAT! You need to sign up to help those Big Give folks! You are crafty!!!!

What DH could resist those eyes???
maroo is offline  
Old 01-13-2009, 10:27 PM   #182
mindymouse1
Mouseketeer
 
mindymouse1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 127

I just updated Clints PTR (and the link is now in my signature) !!!!

I am getting really excited and so are the kids .

Check out what the Big Give and April sent us . The kids were very happy .

I even went back and made the pictures bigger for some of you !!!!!

I also had a few questions on there if anyone has some help I would be grateful!!!!
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]



Clint's make a wish trip PTR Link


Me- ,DD10- , DS4-
Numerous childhood visits.
Shades of Green (9 days) - March 2005
Offsite (1 wk)- Jan 2007
Clint's Make A Wish Trip (GKTW) - Feb 2009
mindymouse1 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-14-2009, 06:28 AM   #183
llurgy
DIS Veteran
 
llurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bysville, Ohio
Posts: 585

How does everyone go about writing their Pre-trip and trip reports?

I have so updates to do on Becca's pre-trip but I havent had time to sit down and do it 'all in one'.
Do people do theirs all in one or do you have a posting window open for ages and add to it bit by bit.
I am scared that if I have a posting window open and dont hit submit in a decent amount of time I will lose what I have put on it if DisBoards has an ooopsie.
Do other people use Word and then copy, paste it over to the message board? If so, does copying the [img] url's work when you do that?

Mandy
__________________
Becca's Make-A-Wish report

www.schtabs.com

Becca's MAW/GKTW/Disney Trip was January 21st to January 27th 2009
Me ...... David ...... Becca
llurgy is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 07:13 AM   #184
mom2lilnick
Mouseketeer
 
mom2lilnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 483

Does anyone know if GKTW has Wifi?
__________________
Amy..

Wife to one amazing guy Jeff
Mom to three wonderful kids..
Kayla, Noah and my wish child Nicholas .

Nick's pre-trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post28150528
mom2lilnick is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 07:38 AM   #185
llurgy
DIS Veteran
 
llurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bysville, Ohio
Posts: 585

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2lilnick View Post
Does anyone know if GKTW has Wifi?
This is what I lifted from the GKTW FAQ web page

Do you offer computers at the Village?

The Village does not offer computers, but we do have full wireless service in the House of Hearts, Amberville Train Station and along the Avenue of Angels that can be accessed from your personal laptop.

Each Villa also offers dial-up access available.
__________________
Becca's Make-A-Wish report

www.schtabs.com

Becca's MAW/GKTW/Disney Trip was January 21st to January 27th 2009
Me ...... David ...... Becca
llurgy is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 08:01 AM   #186
mom2lilnick
Mouseketeer
 
mom2lilnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 483

Thanks Mandy! Where is the FAQ section? I must have missed that.
__________________
Amy..

Wife to one amazing guy Jeff
Mom to three wonderful kids..
Kayla, Noah and my wish child Nicholas .

Nick's pre-trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post28150528
mom2lilnick is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 09:05 AM   #187
mindymouse1
Mouseketeer
 
mindymouse1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 127

Can anyone explain the advance purchase of the photo card??? I LOVE pics and already know I will want it. How much?? How many pics?? Where to buy???

If you can't tell I'm still panicking. Still no info from MAW other than dates so I am making ADRs now.

Thanks!!!
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]



Clint's make a wish trip PTR Link


Me- ,DD10- , DS4-
Numerous childhood visits.
Shades of Green (9 days) - March 2005
Offsite (1 wk)- Jan 2007
Clint's Make A Wish Trip (GKTW) - Feb 2009
mindymouse1 is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 09:25 AM   #188
llurgy
DIS Veteran
 
llurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bysville, Ohio
Posts: 585

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2lilnick View Post
Thanks Mandy! Where is the FAQ section? I must have missed that.

GKTW FAQ
__________________
Becca's Make-A-Wish report

www.schtabs.com

Becca's MAW/GKTW/Disney Trip was January 21st to January 27th 2009
Me ...... David ...... Becca
llurgy is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 09:34 AM   #189
iu97alum
DIS Veteran
 
iu97alum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Irving, TX
Posts: 573

Quote:
Originally Posted by llurgy View Post
How does everyone go about writing their Pre-trip and trip reports?

I have so updates to do on Becca's pre-trip but I havent had time to sit down and do it 'all in one'.
Do people do theirs all in one or do you have a posting window open for ages and add to it bit by bit.
I am scared that if I have a posting window open and dont hit submit in a decent amount of time I will lose what I have put on it if DisBoards has an ooopsie.
Do other people use Word and then copy, paste it over to the message board? If so, does copying the [img] url's work when you do that?

Mandy
I use word and copy the link directly over from photobucket for the pictures and it works fine when I finally copy the whole thing over to the board. That way I can come and go when I have time ('cuz I'm usually doing this during break times for me at work )
__________________
________________________________
Princess Emily's MAW PTR

Me DH DD5 DD3
1/08 VWL
1/09 DCL Wonder






iu97alum is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 10:06 AM   #190
llurgy
DIS Veteran
 
llurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bysville, Ohio
Posts: 585

Quote:
Originally Posted by iu97alum View Post
I use word and copy the link directly over from photobucket for the pictures and it works fine when I finally copy the whole thing over to the board. That way I can come and go when I have time ('cuz I'm usually doing this during break times for me at work )
Thats the info I needed to know, thank you so much
__________________
Becca's Make-A-Wish report

www.schtabs.com

Becca's MAW/GKTW/Disney Trip was January 21st to January 27th 2009
Me ...... David ...... Becca
llurgy is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 10:13 AM   #191
llurgy
DIS Veteran
 
llurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bysville, Ohio
Posts: 585

Another quick question for people whom have already had their wish trips.
When you check out of GKTW are you expected to strip the beds and Vacuum around before leaving? We dont make much mess anywoo but when syating at the Macdonald houses you have to make it look good as new before checking out.
Dont get me wrong, we arent bothered about changing sheets etc but I would just like to know what to expect because we leave quite early on our last day.
__________________
Becca's Make-A-Wish report

www.schtabs.com

Becca's MAW/GKTW/Disney Trip was January 21st to January 27th 2009
Me ...... David ...... Becca
llurgy is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 10:45 AM   #192
Khalana
Mouseketeer
 
Khalana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 399

Quote:
Originally Posted by llurgy View Post
Another quick question for people whom have already had their wish trips.
When you check out of GKTW are you expected to strip the beds and Vacuum around before leaving? We dont make much mess anywoo but when syating at the Macdonald houses you have to make it look good as new before checking out.
Dont get me wrong, we arent bothered about changing sheets etc but I would just like to know what to expect because we leave quite early on our last day.
No, you don't have to do any cleaning before you leave (actually the sign in the house tells you to please NOT strip the beds!).
__________________
Linda, mom to Lydia (05) and Tobias (07)

A link to my TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post27875290
Khalana is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 11:12 AM   #193
iu97alum
DIS Veteran
 
iu97alum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Irving, TX
Posts: 573

Update PTR with MORE Big Give pics!!

Emy's PTR is updated with lots more pics. Here's the direct link to the updates:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....&postcount=116
__________________
________________________________
Princess Emily's MAW PTR

Me DH DD5 DD3
1/08 VWL
1/09 DCL Wonder






iu97alum is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 11:50 AM   #194
llurgy
DIS Veteran
 
llurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bysville, Ohio
Posts: 585

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalana View Post
No, you don't have to do any cleaning before you leave (actually the sign in the house tells you to please NOT strip the beds!).
Thanks Linda

Mandy
__________________
Becca's Make-A-Wish report

www.schtabs.com

Becca's MAW/GKTW/Disney Trip was January 21st to January 27th 2009
Me ...... David ...... Becca
llurgy is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 01:53 PM   #195
dmbfan
DIS Veteran
 
dmbfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 512

Our flight is booked for Disney

I will update Jake's pre trip link.....OMG now it feels VERY real...
__________________
Jake's Make-A-Wish Disney Trip 3/09 (alot of pictures)
dmbfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
disabilities, gktw, make a wish, maw, wish trip



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: