Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #166
pauly's girl
Mouseketeer

I have always said I will always do the dining plan. I love having everything paid for before we go but I am doubting my decision this year. We are booked with the DDP, the last two trips we have done the DxDP and it was way to much food and I agree with OP it took so much time away from the parks we missed some of the night shows and fireworks, not to mention the parades. My struggle this year is the cost of the DP s in general have increased so much and for the Reg DDP they have taken so much away despite the cost increase. We normally get the FD and pay the difference to upgrade. I question that the dining will be free at all and in the resort we are staying this year, so I'm really debating paying OOP for meals. I will obviously wait to see what the fall discounts are but for the first time and I actually considering NOT doing the DDP!!
Sept. 2010~POP
Sept. 2013~ASMo
Sept. 2014~AS Sports

ME: DH: DD16 DS12
pauly's girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:23 PM   #167
TACK
Mouseketeer

Only if it is free dining related

And only quick service. I realized after I crunched numbers that the cost is way over my budget. Even with free dining, I will not upgrade anymore to table service. I only like a few restaurants and it is cheaper to book and pay oop.

I rent a car so for my May trip (no free dining - room only discount), I am looking to try other places around the resort. I will most definitely eat less and will be using the fridge more often.

However, if I get free dining, I am back in.
TACK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #168
Sheaboys
DIS Veteran

Even with the best and biggest room discount and cheaper tickets, we would never in million years save as much as we do with Free Dining. We are a family of 7, with 2 adults, 3 disney adults and 2 kids. The free dining vs room discount (even with the 2 rooms we get) and discount tickets does not even come close to the dining plan for free. We eat a sit down at home together and continue to do so on vacation. After doing a counter service when your kids out number you, I felt like the server even though my 3 older kids (14, 12 and 10) pretty much held their own, it is just alot of work with crowds of people at lunch or supper time. So sit down was great, for relaxation, and for us to be served. It totally works for us.

Our August 2012 Free Dining Review. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2990330

Mom to 5 little boys
WDW-various days during the 70's and 80's as a child. DisneyLand-July 1991, DisneyWorld-April 1992 offsite
Caribbean Beach-June 1995 honeymoon, All Stars Sports-December 1998, All Star Movies- November 2000 (me, my mom and the 2 boys) DTD Hotel - May 2001, All Star Movies-September 2001 (me, the 2 boys and my girlfriend), Disneyland-December 2003 (us and the 3 boys), POR-October 2nd-8th 2005 (us and the 3 boys)Caribbean Beach-August 25, 2012-September 2,2012
POR-August 2014 (16th-26th)

(dh43) (me 43) (16)(14)(12)(8) (5)
Sheaboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:58 PM   #169
skeettafic
Mouseketeer

So much to weigh out -

We're going for our first trip in November. If dining is free, great. If it is free and just ends up being QSDP, we will probably upgrade to the regular plan. But if it isn't free, we may not do it. I would have to look primarily at the cost of the character meals we wanted to do and see if we just want to skip some of those. My DS, who will be 5 when we go, is very picky and doesn't necessarily eat well when we travel so he will have a lot of food go to waste no matter what we order.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: