Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 11:10 AM   #1
SFreelove
Mouseketeer

Free Dining thoughts for Sept

What is everyones thoughts on Free Dining for Fall dates- our arrival date is September 26th! I've had a few people mention to me that they are 99.9% positive that date is secure and will fall in free dining as it has in every past year FD promo of that time. My travel agent was down in Disney recently and said they were offering a extra special FD offer for people who were down there at the time for FD and that date was listed in the dates that are included.

TO my exact question. What are your thoughts on this date, along with- WHEN do you think Disney will release the FD promo for fall dates? Do you think it'll be the next release or not till late spring?

Thanks yall!
SFreelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #2
MichVick
Mouseketeer

I would like to know this as well - we are going the second week of Sept
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #3
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFreelove View Post
What is everyones thoughts on Free Dining for Fall dates- our arrival date is September 26th! I've had a few people mention to me that they are 99.9% positive that date is secure and will fall in free dining as it has in every past year FD promo of that time. My travel agent was down in Disney recently and said they were offering a extra special FD offer for people who were down there at the time for FD and that date was listed in the dates that are included.

TO my exact question. What are your thoughts on this date, along with- WHEN do you think Disney will release the FD promo for fall dates? Do you think it'll be the next release or not till late spring?

Thanks yall!
Odds are there will be no free dining for Values, only Mods and Deluxes, and only QSDP at that.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3039016
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #4
dansdad
DIS Veteran

The rumor over on the discount rate and codes forum is that there will be no more FD for the regular dining plan. Only the QS plan. AND that will only be offered for moderates and deluxes. This is coming from someone who has a very good track record for being correct with upcoming discounts.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3039016
Old 01-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #5
skellinton
Mouseketeer

If the predictions are correct (and I am hoping not), will you be able to upgrade your ddp from the QS?

And I am not giving up hope since they had bounce back, maybe they will have it for everyone!
skellinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #6
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellinton View Post
If the predictions are correct (and I am hoping not), will you be able to upgrade your ddp from the QS?

And I am not giving up hope since they had bounce back, maybe they will have it for everyone!
Since it hasn't been released yet, it can't be officially confirmed.... but there is no reason why you wouldn't be able to upgrade the DP like you can with anything else.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #7
pauly's girl
Mouseketeer

I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I'm not so sure!! I would have bet anything not that long ago as FD has been offered for so many years but Disney is really cracking down on discounts this year it seems across the board. Although I booked the DDP I am reconsidering it and may pay OOP this year. The cost has gone up so much and you get less, I just don't know if it's worth it anymore....
Sept. 2010~POP
Sept. 2013~ASMo
Sept. 2014~AS Sports

ME: DH: DD16 DS12
pauly's girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #8
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Nothing is ever "secure" but for September it's a pretty decent bet that there will be some form of free dining. I see the prevailing rumor is that it will be reduced to QS only and no free dining at value resorts.

Last edited by TDC Nala; 01-04-2013 at 04:40 PM.
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #9
Patrickprincess
HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

free dinning for september~~~~~~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Nothing is ever "secure" but for September it's a pretty decent bet that there will be some form of free dining. I see the prevailing rumor is that it will be reduced to QS only and no free dining at value resorts.
Just wanted to weigh in on the free dinning for september. To this day i do not know how i got free dinning for my september 20-27 trip. i have what is called the reguarl dinning plan with one table service and quick service per day along with one snack. I have Port Orleans riverside royal guest room. I know just how lucky i'm am to get free dinning
2012 WDW Riverside Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest Room. Disney cruiseline The Fantasy. 2007 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. 2006 Disneyland @ The Paradise pier hotel. 2004 WDW @ Port Orleans French quater. 2002 WDW@ Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Cruiseline The Wonder. 2000 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. Disneyland 1999 1998,1996 2013 WDW Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest
a proud stockholder and a mariner and seahawk fan for life
Patrickprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #10
DisneyBliss7
''Wish upon a star''

We are booked at AoA for Sept 27-Oct 5 2013. I'm hoping for free dining as well. My friend was there this pass Sept and got a bounceback w/ free dining for the same week we are going. She goes the same time every year and always gets free dining. FX that means FD for us Also I called Disney to change our reservations and asked them about FD for Sept and they said even though they didn't know at this time, but as long they have worked for Disney there as always been FD for that time of year and I would be able to upgrade to the regular DP from the QS(b/c we are staying at a value). Good luck and have a great trip!!

DD-13 DD-10 DS-7 DS-7 DS-3 DH- ME-
DisneyBliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:58 AM   #11
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

I had a CM tell me over the phone that there is a PIN code out there right now that goes through the end of September.

I was calling to see if there may be a PIN code associated with my name and he asked my dates and when I told him November he said NO the latest PIN code we have out there right now goes through the end of September.

SO I would go to the Disney website and price out a vacation and go to the bottom of the page and click SAVE FOR LATER.

The first time I ever did that I got a pin code in the mail about 2 weeks later that matched the exact dates I had saved on the website.

It seems like Disney really is scaling back the free dining offers. They had the Stay, Play and Dine offer that wasn't free dining. And now the only discount they have out for dates through June is a room only offer.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #12
katrinao
Mouseketeer

I keep seeing where people are calling to see if there are any pins associated with their name.. Do you just call the reservation line to do this?
katrinao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #13
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrinao View Post
I keep seeing where people are calling to see if there are any pins associated with their name.. Do you just call the reservation line to do this?
Yes. Call 407-WDISNEY and when you finally jump through all the hoops and get a real live human on the phone just tell them you are calling to see if you have a PIN code associated with your name.

You need to be registered on the WDW website or else I don't think you would get a PIN code. SO if you are not registered you should go register first.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #14
katrinao
Mouseketeer

Thanks!! I occasionally get the pins in the mail, but they are never far enough away in dates for me to save and plan!! If I had a free dining in September, I'd book today!!
katrinao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #15
lizzytizzy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
Since it hasn't been released yet, it can't be officially confirmed.... but there is no reason why you wouldn't be able to upgrade the DP like you can with anything else.
Does anybody know how much it costs to upgrade from QSDP to DDP?
lizzytizzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: