Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 11:44 PM   #1
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Best 1 TS credit bang for your buck in Epcot or HS?

I'm thinking for our next trip, we'll do just 2 nights of DDP on the nights we stay in a DVC studio (the rest of the trip we'll stay in a one-bedroom and go OOP). I know I want Garden Grill for one of my TS, but not sure about the other. If Le Cellier was still 1 credit we'd go for that ... (I already know what I want to do with our QS and snack credits over the 3 days ...).

Looking for anything not Asian or Island themed as we have plenty of that at home.

So what was the best 1 credit TS that you feel you really got your money's worth out of? 2A 1C, all adventurous eaters but mostly just want delicious, whether standard or more exotic fare.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:48 PM   #2
Meetmeinmontauk
DIS Veteran

DBF & I really like San Angel Inn in Epcot. The atmosphere and food are great!

We also loved the atmosphere of Sci Fi but the food was just ok.

May 2011 - Pop Century August/September 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside October 2014 - Port Orleans French Quarter November 2015 - Art of Animation

Meetmeinmontauk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 01:41 AM   #3
mdb07
Earning My Ears

I vote for Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco or 50's Prime Time Diner in DHS. The way I see it, you can get food anywhere, but you are at Disney for experiences, not just food. And those two restaurants provide very unique experiences. Our family loves them. Mexican and Chinese food are nice, but those places are all over the place back home. Not the case with Moroccan food and the diner is just fun.
mdb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:40 AM   #4
frannn
please stop the madnesssss already & tag me
From the TF...someone pls call 911 for Frann, she held her breath until I tagged her and she apparently turned blue and fell down. :)

We love the Coral Reef in Epcot

It gets mixed reviews here, but it's had a good track record for us. There are huge tanks of fish, sea turtle, and a shark along the length of one wall. They serve delicious seafood (not the same as what's swimming in the tank, of course ), and have steak on the menu if you don't like fish. They have a desert there (called the chocolate wave..I think) that is a must-do for every trip. Definetly upscale for a theme park, and well worth the value of 1 TS credit, in our opinion. Have fun choosing!
Old 01-06-2013, 01:17 AM   #5
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

No place in DHS, if forced to choose I guess 50's Prime Time diner.

In Epcot, Chefs de France and Tutto Italia, both for dinner.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:12 AM   #6
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Thanks guys! Makerresh looks neat, we love Greek food (we enjoyed Kouzzina's but will go there on another night since DH and I will split the pork souvlaki and greek lasagna and be satisfied). I'm going to say no to Les Chefs, because it was our favorite meal last trip but everything we loved was appetizers, the escargots, the cheese plate, the onion soup, etc, etc, so we'll have to do that one OOP, probably for lunch. Tutto Italia also looks neat, (definitely pricey enough to meet the "bang for your buck" category!) and I actually had a Coral Reef ADR last trip that I gave up since we ended up at Universal that night unexpectedly.

Hmm ... spending time with these menus is making me hungry again!
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: