Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2009, 01:49 PM   #91
addictedtothemouse
DIS Veteran

subbing
Old 01-04-2009, 04:31 PM   #92
jwwi
DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear about your Aunt and family friend. It is always hard to lose someone you care about. You have many positive things in your life, and seem to find the goodness in those around you. Thank you for sharing your past year. Time heals.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2009, 05:41 PM   #93
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I'm sure you have all drawn closer and more appreciative of one another as you have coped with it all.

I got a kick out of the cheerleaders going ga-ga over the little guy.

The John Deere cake was cute.

We'll look forward to seeing more pictures of that happy Disney trip you were able to take. Seems like it was a very needed and well-deserved getaway for you all.
We definately have grown closer. We love showing the little guy off any chance we get! I'm glad you like the cake! We tried to make it look decent! You're right, the trip was very needed. Even though, the whole time I was missing the little man. I called my grandma every day and had to hear his voice. One time he accidently called me while playing with my B/F's phone when my B/F was over eating lunch with him on his work break!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore's-tail-tack View Post
The baby is so blessed to have you in his life, and you know you are blessed to have him in yours. God Bless your family.
Wow, that was so nice of you to say. It means a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell87512 View Post
So sorry you have had such a rough year. It can only get better in 09!
I hope '09 is better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Hey I read your update last night but I didn't comment because I didn't know if you were doing another part to it lol But anyway, I'm so sorry about your loss last year as you know my family recently had a loss too and I know its so tough...but you have a great family thats done a great job of helping your uncle and little cousin get through it all. They're so lucky to have you guys

Otherwise though, it sounds like you had a good first part of 2008, moving into a new dorm and to a new college and stuff is always exciting. And you cousin is ADORABLE!! Can't wait to hear the restttt
Yeah, I was getting tired and decided to call it a night. Yeah, I'm sorry for your loss as well . I just came home from giving the little guy a bath so I smell like his baby lotion. Yummy. My favorite smell .

It was exciting moving into a dorm! It was nice having a suite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
i'm so glad you're doing a year in review too! i like yours - you're doing more writing than i did. mine are mostly just pictures because i'm lazy!

your nephew is so cute!!!! i'm so glad he has someone like you in his life. he's a very lucky boy. and i'm so sorry to hear about your aunt and your family friend that had the heart attack. you're such a good person for stepping up like you did to help care for your nephew.
Yeah, I'm sorry I took your idea of the review . I blame Mel. She talked me into it.

Just to tell you that the little guy is my cousin, not nephew. It's okay, I might've worded it weird. I'm glad you think he's cute. I love sharing pictures with you.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:42 PM   #94
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtothemouse View Post
subbing
Thanks so much for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
So sorry to hear about your Aunt and family friend. It is always hard to lose someone you care about. You have many positive things in your life, and seem to find the goodness in those around you. Thank you for sharing your past year. Time heals.
Thanks. So glad you're here! I'll be adding the next few months soon and adding more of WDW trip!
Old 01-04-2009, 05:49 PM   #95
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Yeah, I'm sorry I took your idea of the review . I blame Mel. She talked me into it.
oh, no....i think it's great! no worries.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:27 PM   #96
tinkgurl

April

We entered April with heavy hearts. It hurt me to think that my little guy is never going to know his mommy. So, I have taken it upon myself to finish his baby book and make photo albums for him. We also have a measuring chart up on the wall to measure him each month to watch him grow. We have also taken him to get his 18 months and 2 year pictures so far. Me, him, and Papa are the only ones in our family with blonde hair so whenever I have him somewhere they always think he's mine. And I'm bad....I go along with it.

Also, I forgot to mention, during these months B/F and I were looking for apartments in our college town and found a great one! We signed the lease and could move in at the beginning of June! I was so excited! See...I have a little OCD and anxiety, so that was the only hard part of living with other people that I have never met before. Not very many people know that outside my family, so you should all feel special that I'm sharing these things with you! And let me tell you, the apartment has helped ease my nerves so much!

Early April, we celebrated my B/F's 20th birthday:

He likes riding this backwards:

He loves us to read to him:

We always have to put this tent up in the living room for him when he comes over my house:

And the week after, sis's cheerleading squad performed a dance at the halftime of our local arena football game. It's also the place that has concerts and many of the Disney on Ice shows so it was a big deal for her! Here she is with our step-cousin after she performed:

Late April, sis was dating a guy from another school and got invited to his Prom! Every dance, our family friend (the wife of the guy who had the heart attack) always does our make-up because she's a Mary-Kay lady. Here sis is with the boys and the mom (who was ready to pop in May!):

We had to go over and show Granny, Papa, Uncle, and the little man how good she looked:

He loves carrying my purse around and putting on my shoes. Every time I'm there. He thinks he's hot stuff in my shoes:

Here we are at her b/f's house (they have broke-up since then):

May

May had finally come and B/F and I were done for the semester! I had survived my first semester away from home! During May, I also had my job interview for my internship at Lutheran Social Services (which you already know I got!) I then found out I was able to go to WDW and began getting stuff together for that as well. Sorry I don't have any pictures from this month.

June

June 2nd was my first day on the job. My hours were 8-5 every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with an hour break for lunch. It was long long long hours when you're the new one and can't really do everything that the experienced social workers were. I just tagged along to every outing they had to meet with clients, supervise home visits, or even to court hearings.

June 14th we left for WDW! And you are finding out how that went.

Up next: July, August, and September
Old 01-05-2009, 10:39 AM   #97
tinkgurl

I promise after I'm done with the review I will start back to the trip!
Old 01-05-2009, 03:24 PM   #98
troobabiee7
The core of man's spirit comes from new experiences

Aw, I'm so sorry about the losses you experienced last year. I had no idea you were dealing with so much, I hope you're doing OK On a brighter note, your little cousin is the absolute cutest thing! Those chubby cheeks and big, blue eyes are adorable It's an amazing thing what you're doing, stepping in to almost play "mom," and making sure he has everything he needs. You'll both be so close and I know he'll appreciate it in the future
Old 01-05-2009, 08:00 PM   #99
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by troobabiee7 View Post
Aw, I'm so sorry about the losses you experienced last year. I had no idea you were dealing with so much, I hope you're doing OK On a brighter note, your little cousin is the absolute cutest thing! Those chubby cheeks and big, blue eyes are adorable It's an amazing thing what you're doing, stepping in to almost play "mom," and making sure he has everything he needs. You'll both be so close and I know he'll appreciate it in the future
Thanks Mel. Those blue eyes make it hard to say no to him sometimes! My next post will have July-which means you'll get to see the dress I bought in Adventureland by the Magic Carpets AND you'll get to see my new tattoo!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:12 PM   #100
tinkgurl

July

Finally it was July! The month of my birthday! We had a luau out on our deck and made margaritas! I can't show all the pictures because some of them contain alcoholic beverages, but I'll show you some of them! I'm also wearing the dress that I mentioned buying in Adventureland at the MK:

mom and I:

Granny and Papa with their grandkids:

Sis, Uncle, and I. (the little guy's dad):

He had a ball playing with this fountain. He eventually put his Sunny D in it :

We love having cook-outs during the summer:

A week after my birthday, I was allowed to get my other birthday present: my 2nd tattoo! The bird is for my grandparents because they love to bird watch, the flower is for my Aunt who passed away, and the "Live, Laugh, Love" is for my friend who passed away in a car accident when we were Seniors. The quote was on her program for her visitation/funeral.

August

Sis's birthday month!

The little guy loves sitting on my B/F's lap and help him with whatever he's doing:

We got him a ball pit to play in at our house. We also set up a little tv so he can watch his movies and we can still watch our shows on the big tv :

Here's the shirt we got the little guy at WDW. He's poking his eye because he's telling me he wants to hold the camera :

We decided to draw on the sidewalk with chalk:

Here's the aftermath:

We were playing under the table:

And here's the aftermath of cake. We let him go all out :

September

School started back up . But, it was exciting being our first semester in our apartment! We still come home every weekend. And went to all the home football games to watch my sis cheer.

He fell asleep like this while over at our house one day:

The little guy made me take him down to sis. He picked up her poms and was yelling :

****Continued in next post****
Old 01-05-2009, 10:17 PM   #101
tinkgurl

October

Sis's Homecoming and Halloween!

We spend so much time playing with the magnets on the fridge! (See the Mickey towel in the background that we just got on this trip):

Here I am at our family friend's house I've told you about that's the Mary Kay lady. Here's the baby they found out they were having the day before the dad died. She has the longest eyelashes!:

Here's us before sis went to homecoming:

Halloween, he was a bear and liked to growl:

November

November was a hard month for us. It was my Aunt's birthday and then a week later was the little guy's 2nd. As you can see, we got the best picture ever (his shirt matches his face and what he was doing so well) :

December

Finally, the end of the semester and Christmas! I got 2 A's and 3 B's! Yay! And then it was Christmas, which you'll eventually see what I got!

Well, I hope you enjoyed my year in review...and now back to the trip! As planned: Up next: Epcot...It officially hates us!
Old 01-06-2009, 12:54 AM   #102
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

sorry for the rough year you had.

looks like you all had fun throughout though.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:34 AM   #103
troobabiee7

I love your dress! It's so pretty! And I really love your hair like that, I'm thinking of cutting mine kind of the same for the summer. Your area looks so pretty! Your backyard reminds me of my fam's summer house on LI, it looks just like that. I love all the greenery, coming from a place where a tree is as woodsy as we get!

Your cousins ADORABLE! I know I said it before but seriously, he's too cute! I love that picture of his sleeping Aw!!! I love your tattoo, too. It has a lot of meaning behind it and that's always the important thing. I know you probably mentioned it before but I don't remember... what's your first tattoo?
Old 01-06-2009, 11:52 AM   #104
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
sorry for the rough year you had.

looks like you all had fun throughout though.
Thanks Scott. We did have a crazy year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by troobabiee7 View Post
I love your dress! It's so pretty! And I really love your hair like that, I'm thinking of cutting mine kind of the same for the summer. Your area looks so pretty! Your backyard reminds me of my fam's summer house on LI, it looks just like that. I love all the greenery, coming from a place where a tree is as woodsy as we get!

Your cousins ADORABLE! I know I said it before but seriously, he's too cute! I love that picture of his sleeping Aw!!! I love your tattoo, too. It has a lot of meaning behind it and that's always the important thing. I know you probably mentioned it before but I don't remember... what's your first tattoo?
I'm glad you like my dress! It was so comfy. I'm going to wear it if we get ADR for the luau this year! My haircut was great for summer! You'd look cute with it. All I had to do in the morning after my shower was: I'd bobby-pin it in that half-up thing...and then blow-dry the rest which took seriously no time at all, then use this gel stuff to smooth it out so it wasn't all static-y. It stayed that way all day! I'm glad you like my house/area! It's so pretty during the summer. The little guy is probably the best thing that's ever happened! He's now talking up a storm. When you tell him no to something he says "Yeah I do" really fast. It's so funny. And now he says "Yes sir" which we have no clue where he got from. My first tattoo is Tinkerbell on my hip by my belly button. The little guy thinks he has one on his belly too. He calls her "Belle" and always has to touch her.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:20 PM   #105
troobabiee7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I'm glad you like my dress! It was so comfy. I'm going to wear it if we get ADR for the luau this year! My haircut was great for summer! You'd look cute with it. All I had to do in the morning after my shower was: I'd bobby-pin it in that half-up thing...and then blow-dry the rest which took seriously no time at all, then use this gel stuff to smooth it out so it wasn't all static-y. It stayed that way all day! I'm glad you like my house/area! It's so pretty during the summer. The little guy is probably the best thing that's ever happened! He's now talking up a storm. When you tell him no to something he says "Yeah I do" really fast. It's so funny. And now he says "Yes sir" which we have no clue where he got from. My first tattoo is Tinkerbell on my hip by my belly button. The little guy thinks he has one on his belly too. He calls her "Belle" and always has to touch her.
That's too funny about his tattoo! How cute. I remember your Tink tattoo now, I think you posted a picture of it in your first report. Have you thought about bringing you little cousin to Disney with you guys?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: