Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2008, 10:09 PM   #31
LMO429
DIS Veteran

enjoying your report subscribing

Old 12-22-2008, 10:41 PM   #32
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
It seems like that resort is a little more low-key than some of the others, did you find it to be that way?
It is definately more low-key than some of the other resorts! We absolutely fell in love with the place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
LOL!! So, you think Georgia is a long state to go through!! lol!! Try living in it and seeing it everyday!
Haha, yes Georgia IS long! Well I'm sure Georgia weather is better than weather in IL during the winter so I'll give you that advantage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarilas View Post
Hey, I recognize that Rainforest Cafe!

Isn't it funny that you never think of your own local places as photo ops, but it's a great pic from outside the mall!
It is funny! Glad you liked the pic! We were walking from the car into the mall and I said 'Hey! Let's take a pic in front of the sign!' Since we eat there every year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by troobabiee7 View Post
You're family's in DVC right? And your hair looks awesome like that! I love the short look, I think I'm gonna cute mine soon. And your shirts too cute!
Yep, we're DVC. We usually stay at the villas at WL but after staying at OKW it's surprising how much bigger OKW rooms are! We fell love in with the place! I'm glad you like my hair! It's already starting to get long again! Aw..I'm glad you like my Day 1 shirt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMO429 View Post
enjoying your report subscribing
Welcome! Thanks for joining in!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-23-2008, 07:28 AM   #33
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post

Haha, yes Georgia IS long! Well I'm sure Georgia weather is better than weather in IL during the winter so I'll give you that advantage!

I will trade you weathers!!! I love snow and just never get it!
Old 12-23-2008, 07:33 AM   #34
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Driving under that sign is a wonderful feeling, but when you spot that first Disney bus, you know for sure you have arrived!!! You know you'll be riding on one of them yourself just as soon as you can get checked in!

That's great that your bus stop was right there. Old Key West is so pretty! Definitely it feels like a vacation spot! Just seeing those pictures makes me long for warm days. It is cold here!

Next time you come through Nashville, let us know. Anyone in the area (there are several of us - Erica, Sarilas, and I know there are more) could come down and meet you at the hippo! You know exactly where that is, right?
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:45 PM   #35
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Next time you come through Nashville, let us know. Anyone in the area (there are several of us - Erica, Sarilas, and I know there are more) could come down and meet you at the hippo! You know exactly where that is, right?
We may have to have a Dis meet here sometime soon- I'd love to meet up with all of you that live nearby!

I'm still a newbie to town; I've only been here about 4 years!
Old 12-24-2008, 10:31 AM   #36
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
I will trade you weathers!!! I love snow and just never get it!
Oh you can have all the snow you want!

Quote:
Driving under that sign is a wonderful feeling, but when you spot that first Disney bus, you know for sure you have arrived!!! You know you'll be riding on one of them yourself just as soon as you can get checked in!

That's great that your bus stop was right there. Old Key West is so pretty! Definitely it feels like a vacation spot! Just seeing those pictures makes me long for warm days. It is cold here!

I love spotting the 1st Disney bus! It's so exciting. OKW is gorgeous! No...I'm sorry I don't know where the hippo is. Forgive me?

And to everyone:

Merry Christmas!!
Old 12-24-2008, 10:39 AM   #37
troobabiee7
The core of man's spirit comes from new experiences

Merry Christmas!

I hope you have fun these next few days!
Old 12-24-2008, 10:56 AM   #38
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Oh you can have all the snow you want!

I love spotting the 1st Disney bus! It's so exciting. OKW is gorgeous! No...I'm sorry I don't know where the hippo is. Forgive me?

And to everyone:

Merry Christmas!!

The hippo is in the water right to the right of the entrance to RainForest Cafe. He grunts and raises his head. Brooklynn is just now realizing he's not real. She used to keep her distance, but she's getting a little braver.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:16 PM   #39
End_User-X
DIS Master :)

Quote:
Here's me when I was little and what started my love for WDW..( NO LAUGHING!)

No laughing here! Those moments as a child at WDW, maybe meeting a character or seeing the castle for the first time, are precious and stay with you for the rest of your life.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:03 PM   #40
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas to you and your family!
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 12-26-2008, 01:38 PM   #41
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

I'm finally joining in!!!

I'm so glad you started a TR, I missed you this summer!! And we FELL IN LOVE with OKW too...I'm gonna try to start my TR this weekend. We just stayed in a studio but we loved it...I think it convinced DH that we need to buy into DVC oneday.

And I love your hair and your shirt too! I cant wait to read more!
Old 12-26-2008, 10:29 PM   #42
tinkgurl

Quote:
The hippo is in the water right to the right of the entrance to RainForest Cafe.
Oh THAT hippo! First time I was by him, he scared me and made me jump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by End_User-X View Post
No laughing here! Those moments as a child at WDW, maybe meeting a character or seeing the castle for the first time, are precious and stay with you for the rest of your life.
So true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Aw I can't wait to exchange pics of what we got!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillary12.8.07 View Post
I'm finally joining in!!!

I'm so glad you started a TR, I missed you this summer!! And we FELL IN LOVE with OKW too...I'm gonna try to start my TR this weekend. We just stayed in a studio but we loved it...I think it convinced DH that we need to buy into DVC oneday.

And I love your hair and your shirt too! I cant wait to read more!
Hill! I'm so glad you're here now! I guess we'll both be doing a TR at the same time! When I first found out we were staying at OKW, I was nervous and sad because you know I love staying at the WLV. But after staying at OKW, we wish we would've stayed there sooner! We can still go visit WL, which you'll see that we did later in my TR!
Old 12-26-2008, 10:49 PM   #43
tinkgurl

Thought I'd share the Disney statues I got:

Precious Moments:

The Jim Shore statues I saw on Main Street and really wanted!:

Old 12-26-2008, 11:34 PM   #44
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Joining in on your report! I love your old pictures. It's so much fun looking at pictures of past Disney trips. And your Precious Moments statues are adorable...I have a couple of them myself. My sister got that Tink one for graduation this year!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 12-27-2008, 10:40 AM   #45
troobabiee7
The core of man's spirit comes from new experiences

How cute!!! I love those little statues! I'd love to start collecting them but I have nowhere to put them I'm glad you got what you wanted!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: