Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2008, 11:13 AM   #16
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by troobabiee7 View Post
I love your Disney outfits!
Aw thanks Mel! I can't wait to show you what I wore this trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepSwimmingDory View Post
I LOVE the shots from when you were little. I never went until I was in high school and not on a regular basis until I was in my 30s. I am 43 and I still buy Disney shirts for myself. They are my favorite shirts. Cute pictures!
Thanks for joining in! I'm so glad you like my pics from when I was little. And I'm glad to know that there are others who love having Disney shirts!
Old 12-20-2008, 11:45 AM   #17
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
How can you not look? They're frickin' hilarious.

I'm looking forward to your TR! Glad you got to go on the trip after all.

August/September 2007 - All-Star Sports January 2009 - Pop Century February 2010 - Pop Century
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2008, 01:11 PM   #18
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Yeah, it's crazy we've been together that long already. But, I LOVE living together. My mom and grandma had so much fun this summer shopping for house stuff for me. They were always like 'Oh, you need this...Oh you need that!"

I will PM you those pics tomorrow when I have more time! Hope you like them. Do you have myspace?
I would love to house shop, even if it wasn't for myself. I think one of the funnest things of moving into my own place will be decorating, without a doubt. PM me the pics whenever you have time, no rush. I do have a myspace I don't go on too much anymore though. I'll PM you the URL if you want it though.
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 12-21-2008, 10:50 AM   #19
tinkerbell87512
I would love to hear all about these secrets!

Hey girl! Joining in on your trip report. So sorry about your aunt. I'm glad you were able to go to Disney and take a little break away from life. Looking forward to your report!

June 1992 August 2000 February 2002 July 2004 July 2005 June 2006 July 2007 October 2007 May 2008 & DCL November 2008 May 2009 Sept/Oct 2010 & DCL November 2011 August 2013 October 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler!
Old 12-21-2008, 11:55 AM   #20
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. & Mrs. Smith View Post
I'm looking forward to your TR! Glad you got to go on the trip after all.
Thanks for joining in! I'm glad I got to go too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
I do have a myspace I don't go on too much anymore though. I'll PM you the URL if you want it though.
Okay, PM me it whenver and I'll add you so you can see some more pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell87512 View Post
Hey girl! Joining in on your trip report. So sorry about your aunt. I'm glad you were able to go to Disney and take a little break away from life. Looking forward to your report!
Hey girlie! I'm glad you found me!
Old 12-21-2008, 08:46 PM   #21
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Yeah, another trip report. I loved your TR from last year. I have started riding TTA too many times, I think I'll blame that on you. I live in WI too, way too cold today for me. But didn't keep me from going to lunch with a friend and last minute shopping.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:26 PM   #22
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Yeah, another trip report. I loved your TR from last year. I have started riding TTA too many times, I think I'll blame that on you. I live in WI too, way too cold today for me. But didn't keep me from going to lunch with a friend and last minute shopping.
Aw, thanks for finding me! And you're welcome about the whole TTA thing.....I didn't go outside at all today! I was afraid to!
Old 12-22-2008, 06:24 AM   #23
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
This will be the first deluxe we stay in someday! I have a mini-version of this totem pole, and it gives me happiness (and hope that we can stay there eventually) every time I see it.

Here's my little touch of Wilderness Lodge down in my den.

You were talking about not keeping a journal. I always have good intentions to take decent notes, but that fizzles out fast. I just let my pictures be my guide, but then I know there are things I forget because I didn't write them down. I think I just need to start having a tiny video camera attached to my sunglasses and have it on the whole trip!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:52 AM   #24
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
This will be the first deluxe we stay in someday! I have a mini-version of this totem pole, and it gives me happiness (and hope that we can stay there eventually) every time I see it.

Here's my little touch of Wilderness Lodge down in my den.

I just let my pictures be my guide, but then I know there are things I forget because I didn't write them down. I think I just need to start having a tiny video camera attached to my sunglasses and have it on the whole trip!
You are going to love WL! And that mini totem pole is so cute! We have one similar to that next to our WL frame that has the picture in it that you see of us by the real totem pole! I think a mini video camera to the sunglasses is a great idea!
Old 12-22-2008, 06:18 PM   #25
tinkgurl

Hey everyone! Thought I'd try and get some of Day 1 in before Christmas!

As some of you may remember from my last TR, we always drive to WDW and stop in Nashville, TN and Gainesville, FL before getting to WDW. So rewind back to June 14, 2008. It's 5 a.m. and my alarm goes off. It's the only time I'm happy to get up that early. I get out of bed...and start dancing . Everyone is in the car and we're backing out of the driveway around 6 a.m. We stop about an hour and half into the trip and eat breakfast at Bob Evans. After breakfast, we're ready for the long trip to Nashville for the night! It was pretty uneventful with the occasional stops for gas, bathroom breaks, and just to stretch our legs.

We got into Nashville around 5 p.m. or so. We got checked into our usual hotel and headed back out to the car. As some of you may remember from my last TR, when in Nashville, we always go to Opryland Mall and walk around and eat at Rainforest Cafe. Here's a pic of us in the parking lot last year:

After we ate, we headed back to the hotel to get a good night's sleep before another long day in the car! Again, we woke up around 5 a.m. and left the parkinglot a little after 6 a.m. We drove about 2 hours and stopped at a Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Then, we began our long journey through the mountains and then our long journey through the long state of Georgia (geeze Dawn). We finally got into FL and into Gainesville around 5 or 6 p.m. We checked into our usual hotel and as some of you may remember from my last TR, we then head to Red Lobster . We had the nicest waitress and told her we were heading to WDW and she asked if we had ever been there before. I laughed and said "This will be trip #19 for me!" After we ate, we headed to Walgreens to pick up some necessities that we had forgotten at home. Then, we headed back to the room to get ready for bed...And I started looking at some of my WDW books that I had gotten before we left. I already know pretty much everything they tell you in there (from the DIS), but I still like to read them.

I could not get to sleep. I never can the night before. Morning couldn't come fast enough. I kept waking up and checking the clock. Finally it was morning and time to get to WDW! We left our hotel and drove to Ocala to eat at our usual Bob Evans. Then, we were on the home stretch! Pretty soon we started seeing WDW billboards and I started my dancing and screaming. My DSis thinks I'm a freak because I do this every year. Here's what we started seeing. Sorry some of them are blurry:

This was our first time staying at OKW so it was weird not driving through the MK gates to WL! We found OKW okay and I had to take pics of us arriving:

*Continued in next post*
Old 12-22-2008, 06:28 PM   #26
tinkgurl

DDad went and checked us in while we waited in the car. He came out in no time and we headed out to find our room because it was ready already! It took us awhile to find it because it was back farther than we thought, but it was right next to a bus stop! Here's our room, we took these pics the day we left. Ignore the dates!

After we got our suitcases in the room, I couldn't wait any longer! We headed to the bus stop and waited for an MK bus. Here we are waiting: our room is the building right behind us! It was so nice being that close!

Up next: Our first day at the MK! And we get a picture of someone famous!
Old 12-22-2008, 06:51 PM   #27
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Woo hoo you made it Sounds like a great start to the trip and OKW is beautiful! It seems like that resort is a little more low-key than some of the others, did you find it to be that way?
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 12-22-2008, 07:07 PM   #28
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

LOL!! So, you think Georgia is a long state to go through!! lol!! Try living in it and seeing it everyday!

Love the update!!! OKW looks so nice!!!
Old 12-22-2008, 07:25 PM   #29
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Hey, I recognize that Rainforest Cafe!

Isn't it funny that you never think of your own local places as photo ops, but it's a great pic from outside the mall!
Old 12-22-2008, 07:32 PM   #30
troobabiee7
The core of man's spirit comes from new experiences

You're there! OKW looks so nice! You're family's in DVC right? And your hair looks awesome like that! I love the short look, I think I'm gonna cute mine soon. And your shirts too cute!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: