Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 04:15 PM   #136
MeMom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 14,911

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Can't wait

Well right now I'm waiting for B/F to get off work...then we are going out to eat and to a movie. I think we're gonna go see "Yes Man". I want to go see "Bride Wars" but B/F obviously said no.
He wasn't up for a chick flick, huh?

If he's like my guys, he'd like it just fine if it said anything about any other kind of war.

I like sweet guy-gets-the-girl movies, and they like anything with shooting and suspense.

Good luck to all of you girls and guys in school. Trent just got his diploma last week, so it's off to the real world now for him!
__________________
So Much to Celebrate http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066162
I Don't Know, I Don't Speak Wind http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2962147
All I want for Christmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2860915
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678


We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline  
Old 01-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #137
xoktenox
DIS Veteran
 
xoktenox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3,196

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Well right now I'm waiting for B/F to get off work...then we are going out to eat and to a movie. I think we're gonna go see "Yes Man". I want to go see "Bride Wars" but B/F obviously said no.
I'm waiting for BF to get off of work too...someone has to bring home the bacon That sounds like a nice night, Yes Man looks funny. I'm DYING to see Bride Wars. We can go together lol BF and I got into a fight yesterday and my friend that I work with said I should wait until today and make him go see it with me to make it up to me that he was mean...didn't work out so well
__________________
Me, Kristen- 25 DH, Chris- 28
MyTrips: 4 times as a child, offsite
Trips with Chris: 4/09- AS Movies~~11-12/09- AKV Kidani~~7/10- Pop~~6/11- OKW~~1-2/12- Pop~~
10-11/12- DISNEYMOON! @ SSR (BECAME DVC MEMBERS!)~~7-8/13- BWV~~10-13- Pop (1st Anniversary!)~~1/14- AKL & POR (Marathon Weekend!)

xoktenox is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-09-2009, 04:18 PM   #138
xoktenox
DIS Veteran
 
xoktenox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3,196

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Good luck to all of you girls and guys in school. Trent just got his diploma last week, so it's off to the real world now for him!
Thanks Good luck to Trent, I got my bachelor's in August and am still at a bank as a part time teller There's no jobs out there! But maybe its a good thing because it helped me figure out I want to be a teacher
__________________
Me, Kristen- 25 DH, Chris- 28
MyTrips: 4 times as a child, offsite
Trips with Chris: 4/09- AS Movies~~11-12/09- AKV Kidani~~7/10- Pop~~6/11- OKW~~1-2/12- Pop~~
10-11/12- DISNEYMOON! @ SSR (BECAME DVC MEMBERS!)~~7-8/13- BWV~~10-13- Pop (1st Anniversary!)~~1/14- AKL & POR (Marathon Weekend!)

xoktenox is offline  
Old 01-09-2009, 04:40 PM   #139
MeMom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 14,911

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Thanks Good luck to Trent, I got my bachelor's in August and am still at a bank as a part time teller There's no jobs out there! But maybe its a good thing because it helped me figure out I want to be a teacher
Since he and Kristi broke up, he is starting over. He'll find a new job and a new girl, and hopefully it'll be the start of great things for his future. He is such a personable guy and takes any job he does seriously, so whatever he ends up doing, he'll do it well. And, even though I'm his mom, I'll have to say I think he's pretty handsome, too, so he'll be a good 'catch' for a sweet girl, and I'm sure he'll feel that she's a good catch for him, too. So, if you know any interested parties, tell them to look him up. MeMom, the matchmaker, will be trying to hook him up so I can have the pleasure of more grandchildren.

He'd kill me dead two or three times over if he knew I was writing this!

He's enjoyed his time off for the holidays, and is so glad he doesn't have to fight the traffic at school any more. He's much more relaxed than he was last semester, which is nice for everyone.

Good luck with all of your teaching stuff. There is so much testing now and so much pressure. Unfortunately, it won't take long for this profession to beat you down. We had another meeting today where we were presented a notebook full of new data on a program we were told we wouldn't be responsible for, but now we're told we are. It's alway something. I try not to get aggravated by it, because I'm glad I have a job, but even two of the new teachers were saying how ridiculous it was and how contradictory they so often are and how burdened they feel.
__________________
So Much to Celebrate http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066162
I Don't Know, I Don't Speak Wind http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2962147
All I want for Christmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2860915
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678


We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline  
Old 01-09-2009, 04:47 PM   #140
ariel2007
Newbie Disser
 
ariel2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Far too Far from the Magic
Posts: 1,912

Oh I want to see both of those movies, and hopefully can convince Nick to see both with me. I will just not tell him what its about, or use the "I watched James Bond for you" story
__________________

Ariel 2007
ME, 24 - Tigger
April 2008 ~ ~ Our Magical WDW Adventure ~ COMPLETED TRIP REPORT HERE
July 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Miami - My 21st January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; June/July 1998 ~ I-Drive + Fort Lauderdale
DLP ~ 1994, 1995, 2000, My 16th birthday: 2001, NYE: 2006/2007, 22nd B'day: 2007, Halloween and 5 year dating anniversary: 2008
It's A Small World ~ Mega Pre-trippie including Disneyland Paris and Dollywood HERE
ariel2007 is offline  
Old 01-09-2009, 11:41 PM   #141
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!
 
tinkgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
He wasn't up for a chick flick, huh?

If he's like my guys, he'd like it just fine if it said anything about any other kind of war.

I like sweet guy-gets-the-girl movies, and they like anything with shooting and suspense.

Good luck to all of you girls and guys in school. Trent just got his diploma last week, so it's off to the real world now for him!
GUESS WHAT?! HE SAID WE COULD GO TO BRIDE WARS! It was so good. There were other guys there with their g/f's so I told him "See, you're not the only guy here!" Thanks so much for the good luck...I'll have my Bachelor's Degree in December!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
I'm waiting for BF to get off of work too...someone has to bring home the bacon That sounds like a nice night, Yes Man looks funny. I'm DYING to see Bride Wars. We can go together lol BF and I got into a fight yesterday and my friend that I work with said I should wait until today and make him go see it with me to make it up to me that he was mean...didn't work out so well
You HAVE to go see Bride Wars! B/F said we could go once we got down there! I wish we could've gone together. I have a feeling we'd be doing ALOT together since we get along so well. And by the way....my B/F brings the bacon home too My job? Watching the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
So, if you know any interested parties, tell them to look him up. MeMom, the matchmaker, will be trying to hook him up so I can have the pleasure of more grandchildren.

He'd kill me dead two or three times over if he knew I was writing this!
Your secret is safe with us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel2007 View Post
Oh I want to see both of those movies, and hopefully can convince Nick to see both with me. I will just not tell him what its about, or use the "I watched James Bond for you" story
As you might've read above..he said we could go to Bride Wars! It was so good! And OMG, I gave him that line today too! I said, "I went to Indiana Jones with you so you can do this with me!"
tinkgurl is offline  
Old 01-10-2009, 12:29 AM   #142
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC
 
OneTreeHillAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,098

Okay. I saw just noticed the link in your posts so I had to come over and check out your thread. I went through all 10 pages. Wow girl...you have had some year. Good and bad. Sorry about the bad stuff.

You and your sister look so different! You're both knock outs though! I love the Tink tat and your newer one is really cool too. It has a lot of meaning in it and I like that. I think it's neat how you guys take pics at the Contemporary every year. Can I steal that idea? We've never even taken a picture there!

Your little cousin is adorable. He is lucky to have you in his life. Your family wouldn't happen to be John Deere fans would ya? My father in law in a big fan too.
OneTreeHillAddict is offline  
Old 01-10-2009, 12:42 AM   #143
Disneyfan71
Paging Mr. Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring.
 
Disneyfan71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 600 Miles North of the Magic
Posts: 1,304

Sorry for joining the TR so late but I've been away for a while and just coming back. Thank you so very much for sharing this TR. It looks like you had a wonderful time. I'm excited about going in June.

And like you I always get upset on the last day, knowing we have to leave..I know I'll get like that this time as well. But it was fun reading your TR!!
__________________
1980 (first trip)--Polynesian

1983,1986, 1987,88,95: Off site

Disneyfan71 is offline  
Old 01-10-2009, 02:57 AM   #144
xoktenox
DIS Veteran
 
xoktenox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3,196

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Since he and Kristi broke up, he is starting over. He'll find a new job and a new girl, and hopefully it'll be the start of great things for his future. He is such a personable guy and takes any job he does seriously, so whatever he ends up doing, he'll do it well. And, even though I'm his mom, I'll have to say I think he's pretty handsome, too, so he'll be a good 'catch' for a sweet girl, and I'm sure he'll feel that she's a good catch for him, too. So, if you know any interested parties, tell them to look him up. MeMom, the matchmaker, will be trying to hook him up so I can have the pleasure of more grandchildren. I didn't know he and Kristi broke up...thats a bummer because break-ups are just so hard to do. And he is definitely handsome (not trying to hit on your son or anything haha) so I'm sure he'll have no problem finding a new girl. Much luck to him in finding a job and for his future. I'm sure you'll get more of those adorable grandbabies and don't worry I won't even tell him you said anything

Good luck with all of your teaching stuff. There is so much testing now and so much pressure. Unfortunately, it won't take long for this profession to beat you down. We had another meeting today where we were presented a notebook full of new data on a program we were told we wouldn't be responsible for, but now we're told we are. It's alway something. I try not to get aggravated by it, because I'm glad I have a job, but even two of the new teachers were saying how ridiculous it was and how contradictory they so often are and how burdened they feel. Thank you! Speaking of testing I just picked up the review book for the LAST because I'm taking that in Feb. Then theres 2 more tests along with 2 workshops, fingerprinting on top of classes. Ugh! I'm looking forward to teaching but I know there will be some downs to go with the ups. Thanks for the info MeMom
And thank you Tink for letting me hi-jack you thread there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
You HAVE to go see Bride Wars! B/F said we could go once we got down there! I wish we could've gone together. I have a feeling we'd be doing ALOT together since we get along so well. And by the way....my B/F brings the bacon home too My job? Watching the little guy
Now I'm really dyinggg to see it! He mentioned going to the movies tomorrow night so I'll have to do my best to get him to agree to it lol I wish we could go together, that would be so cool. I definitely think we'd be such good friends if we didn't live a million miles apart Your job is definitely better than mine OR my BF's...mine=stupid bank teller, BF's=cable technician. I think you win by a landslide!
__________________
Me, Kristen- 25 DH, Chris- 28
MyTrips: 4 times as a child, offsite
Trips with Chris: 4/09- AS Movies~~11-12/09- AKV Kidani~~7/10- Pop~~6/11- OKW~~1-2/12- Pop~~
10-11/12- DISNEYMOON! @ SSR (BECAME DVC MEMBERS!)~~7-8/13- BWV~~10-13- Pop (1st Anniversary!)~~1/14- AKL & POR (Marathon Weekend!)

xoktenox is offline  
Old 01-10-2009, 11:39 AM   #145
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!
 
tinkgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
Okay. I saw just noticed the link in your posts so I had to come over and check out your thread. I went through all 10 pages. Wow girl...you have had some year. Good and bad. Sorry about the bad stuff.

You and your sister look so different! You're both knock outs though! I love the Tink tat and your newer one is really cool too. It has a lot of meaning in it and I like that. I think it's neat how you guys take pics at the Contemporary every year. Can I steal that idea? We've never even taken a picture there!

Your little cousin is adorable. He is lucky to have you in his life. Your family wouldn't happen to be John Deere fans would ya? My father in law in a big fan too.
Welcome! I'm glad you joined! I'm uploading pics for a new update as I type this! Yeah, it was a crazy year. I know me and sis don't look alike. I'm my dad and she's my mom. Can you tell she got the Native American side? Which means a permanent tan all year around for her! Glad you like my tattoos! And yes you can steal that idea...but if you mention them in a TR, you MUST mention me. haha just kidding. Yeah the little guy is a cutie. Are we John Deere fans? I don't know how you got that idea Yes we are! We are from where John Deere originated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan71 View Post
Sorry for joining the TR so late but I've been away for a while and just coming back. Thank you so very much for sharing this TR. It looks like you had a wonderful time. I'm excited about going in June.

And like you I always get upset on the last day, knowing we have to leave..I know I'll get like that this time as well. But it was fun reading your TR!!
I'm not done with my TR yet so don't go anywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
And thank you Tink for letting me hi-jack you thread there!

Now I'm really dyinggg to see it! He mentioned going to the movies tomorrow night so I'll have to do my best to get him to agree to it lol I wish we could go together, that would be so cool. I definitely think we'd be such good friends if we didn't live a million miles apart
Haha, I don't care that you hi-jacked it for a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Your job is definitely better than mine OR my BF's...mine=stupid bank teller, BF's=cable technician. I think you win by a landslide!
LOL. The little guy does have his moments though...he's in his terrible twos.
tinkgurl is offline  
Old 01-10-2009, 12:05 PM   #146
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!
 
tinkgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,718

Day 5: June 20, 2008

AK day! We got up, got ready, and caught a bus to AK. Sorry so short but I didn't keep track of every detail. Here we are on the bus:



Once we got to AK, we headed straight for EE to get fast passes! Can you spot sis and Dad?:



I don't remember exactly what we did that day and in what order. I remember we rode Dinosaur because that's one my favorites there and we did Nemo the Musical.

Here's our redneck photo of EE. We always ask for the back-best seat on the ride and the closest to the Yeti!:



After EE, we headed to eat at Pizzafari, our favorite lunch spot at AK. After we ate, we headed to Africa and got on the Safari.:











I can't remember what else we did, but eventually we wanted to head to WL and say hello to our old "home" because believe it or not, we were missing it. Good-bye AK!:



Sitting at the bus stop for WL:



We always take a picture on this bridge, but sis wanted to take it up a notch:



Then, we went to Roaring Forks and got some drinks and sat in the big comfy chairs in the lobby. Here we are just sitting down:





And sis kept taking picture after picture after picture. By this one, I was ready to slap her. :



When we were done, it was time to head to the GF for our dinner ADR at one of our favorites: 1900 Park Fare. We decided to catch a boat to the Contemporary and ride the monorail over. Here we are at the boat dock. Good-bye WL, we will never forget the fun we had there!:



Okay, 1900 Park Fare was our favorite meal ever! They just added the Step-mother and the ugly Step-sisters so we were excited to meet them. First we had to meet Prince Charming and Miss Cinderella:



Haha, he was turned to the table next to us:





****Continued in next post****
tinkgurl is offline  
Old 01-10-2009, 12:09 PM   #147
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!
 
tinkgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,718

Continued...

Then, we heard screaming and loud singing. We looked around the corner, and it was the Step-sisters! They were dancing and prancing around different tables. Eventually they made their way towards our section:





And here's the best sister ever! She made ugly faces and did funny poses in everyone's pictures. But for ours? She decided to scream right as mom took the picture. Which is why I'm laughing hysterically. She was a riot and played her part AWESOME!:



After we ate, we headed up to the monorail and went to............yep the MK. It was EMH night! I don't remember everything we did. But here's some pics from the people mover:





Then I wanted to walk through the castle and look around Tink's shop.



Outside Tink's shop:



Eventually, we went to our usual spot in Tomorrowland to watch Tink fly during Wishes:











Up next: That's a good question....I'll have to wing it!
tinkgurl is offline  
Old 01-10-2009, 12:20 PM   #148
Disneyfan71
Paging Mr. Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring.
 
Disneyfan71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 600 Miles North of the Magic
Posts: 1,304

Wow thanks for the pics of AK--i've never been there but looking forward to it the most probably. I love nature things and well I just want to go Looks like you had fun on EE!!! I love the pose
__________________
1980 (first trip)--Polynesian

1983,1986, 1987,88,95: Off site

Disneyfan71 is offline  
Old 01-10-2009, 01:05 PM   #149
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!
 
tinkgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan71 View Post
Wow thanks for the pics of AK--i've never been there but looking forward to it the most probably. I love nature things and well I just want to go Looks like you had fun on EE!!! I love the pose
That's right..you haven't been to WDW in awhile...well I can help you with ANYTHING...just ask away! You know how to PM me. AK is beautiful. But, it can get pretty hot there so make sure to have plenty of water handy. Plus, it is pretty spread out so have a game plan before you go so it's not like you're running back and forth all over the park. EE is so much fun! When you ride that, ask for the very back. And as you go up the big steep hill-look to your right, you can see all of AK. And then hurry and look way behind you, you can see all the way to the Contemporary and some of the MK!
tinkgurl is offline  
Old 01-10-2009, 02:01 PM   #150
troobabiee7
The core of man's spirit comes from new experiences
 
troobabiee7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,322

Ohhhh you switched it up a bit and went with Disney PANTS instead of a shirt this time Your Tink necklace is really cute too! I love all your pictures. I'm glad we're not the only ones who visit resorts we're not staying at just to lounge around and take in the atmosphere! The pictures of you and your sis at the WL cracked me up... I'm usually the one taking billions of pictures of my brother and I as he has the same look you do Great update!
troobabiee7 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.