Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2008, 12:15 PM   #121
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Sounds like a lovely afternoon at WS!

LL - It was the most PERFECT afternoon! It was one of those moments were I kept feeling the magic! The only thing that would have made it more perfect would have been leaving some "room" for that Grey Goose slushie! But I made up for it later at The CG.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-30-2008, 12:25 PM   #122
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Great updates. I'm looking forward to more pictures of WS. It really is lovely decorated for Christmas, isn't it?

Stuck in the freezer part of TT? Yikes! Good to know they turn off the freezer!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2008, 12:46 PM   #123
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
How can you not look? They're frickin' hilarious.

Thanks for the update! Epcot is our favourite and we'll be there in less than 2 weeks. Don't you just love the WS?

August/September 2007 - All-Star Sports January 2009 - Pop Century February 2010 - Pop Century
Old 12-30-2008, 01:02 PM   #124
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Great updates. I'm looking forward to more pictures of WS. It really is lovely decorated for Christmas, isn't it?

Stuck in the freezer part of TT? Yikes! Good to know they turn off the freezer!!
Thanks Christine. Yeah, I was happy about the freezer being turned off. The only thing worse to me than being stuck in the freeezer, would be getting stuck in the heater in Orlando in august!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-30-2008, 01:04 PM   #125
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. & Mrs. Smith View Post
Thanks for the update! Epcot is our favourite and we'll be there in less than 2 weeks. Don't you just love the WS?
OMG - Your trip is really getting close! And you will be there for a month. You better take good notes for a trip report. You can call it, "We went to Florida for 1 month and you didn't haha"

Old 12-30-2008, 01:16 PM   #126
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
How can you not look? They're frickin' hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
OMG - Your trip is really getting close! And you will be there for a month. You better take good notes for a trip report. You can call it, "We went to Florida for 1 month and you didn't haha"
Haha...I doubt we'll do a TR but that is an awesome title for one!

August/September 2007 - All-Star Sports January 2009 - Pop Century February 2010 - Pop Century
Old 12-30-2008, 01:17 PM   #127
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I missed your second installment! I think getting stuck on rides is cool, and I know I will regret this statement when on our next trip I am stuck on It's a Small World for an hour but I will say it anyways. We got stuck on HM for about 10 minutes and it was neat.

I hope you got tickets to the Christmas Party!
Old 12-30-2008, 08:12 PM   #128
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I missed your second installment! I think getting stuck on rides is cool, and I know I will regret this statement when on our next trip I am stuck on It's a Small World for an hour but I will say it anyways. We got stuck on HM for about 10 minutes and it was neat.

I hope you got tickets to the Christmas Party!
OK LL - I HAVE been stuck on IASW and it was not fun. WHY?????? Because the song kept going and going and going and....well, you get the idea. I don't think we were stuck more than 5 or 10 minutes, but that song made it feel like an eternity!

I agree that getting stuck on HM is kinda cool. That's because the ride takes you through HM so quickly that you can't focus on the details. Getting stuck on the ride lets you look at everything a little more closely.

We got stuck on the Blue Line once. Not fun. It was a hot August afternoon and we got stuck in a tunnel near the Star Traders store that was very stuffy. Then my DS decided he had to use the bathroom right then! Sort of like someone who is lactose intolerant eating ice cream. Yeah, you get the idea - REALLY not fun! They unloaded us and we went down some escape route through Star Traders. That was pretty cool!

Old 12-30-2008, 08:57 PM   #129
MEK
DIS Veteran

Post 7: It's a brand new day pics....

Here are some pics of the world showcase to go along with my previous post

Here's the Candlelight Processional theatre by day....

Morroco anyone?

DH tried to surprise me with this christmas present, but I insisted he return it - not quite my size

From across the lagoon

oh la la - we must have stumbled upon gay parie'

Merry Old England

Not sure what this is, but it looks cool

A few random shots outside Canada ....Is this Charlie Brown's tree?

And - Of course - drum roll please.........the Epcot Christmas tree

A topiary as we depart the park

up next - did we get tickets for the Christmas party and what happened while I was on the phone with member service? (AKA DH and I have our first Disney fight!)

Old 12-30-2008, 09:04 PM   #130
MEK
DIS Veteran

OMG - from the look on my face in the last picture , it was a good thing we left the park when we did. I needed some serious sprucing up and a little bit of this before our big dinner date!

Old 12-31-2008, 06:29 AM   #131
MEK
DIS Veteran

Post 8: The evening of our big date (and our first disney fight)

When I left off DH and I were just leaving epcot after a rather lovely day. We had big plans for the evening - a grand dinner at the California Grill. I made this ADR months and months ago and I couldn't WAIT to eat here. I told my DH I did not want one gift for Christmas - just our dinner at CG.

Here's a few more epcot pics before I go on with the story

Oh - I almost forgot this one - Our "chillin" ride on Test Track - I see someone in the back row is whooping it up!

Some more topiaries

So when we got to the car, I called Member services to see if we could get Christmas party tickets. I like calling MS. The CM's are always super nice and helpful. While the CM was checking for ticket availability, I noticed I had a call coming in on my cell. I was hoping it was just a text - something stupid like the traffic alerts I get. (Which - BTW - I think its funny when I get traffic alerts from Delaware when I am on vacation. I need to learn how to suspend those messages while I am away - they put a serious damper on the magic, because they are a vivid reminder of the real world, to which I must eventually return).

About 30 seconds later my DH's cell rings and it is our house/baby sitter (HS)! I can overhear their conversation and it appears that our HS can't get into the garage using the keypad and he left his house key in the house! While I am giving the CM my credit card info and trying to write down confirmation numbers, I hear my DH giving the HS all kinds of elaborate instructions on replacing the battery as well as how to "break into" the house if the garage door won't open. I excused myself from the CM for a minute to remind my DH and the HS that my DS15 would be home from school in about 45 minutes and I was sure he could open the garage door. He does it every day. However, I couldn't drop this nagging feeling that maybe, just maybe, the battery was really dead and everyone would have to "break into" the house.

I was happy that we got party tickets, but when I hung up from member services I heard my DH say, "Am I going the right way???????"

Oh for crying out loud! How the heck hard is it to get from Epcot to SSR! I didn't say this, but I thought it as I looked up to see we were on I-4. No wonder my DH needs a GPS. He has no sense of direction and can not follow simple signs. He has driven from Epcot to SSR a "bagillion" times. Why can't he talk on the phone and drive at the same time.

Of course, his inability to follow the signs back to SSR was somehow MY fault. "Well, you shouldn't have been on the phone", he said. Oh pleeezzzeee!

The GPS (Ellie) was in the trunk, I think. Heck - I don't know where it was, but it wasn't on the dash board. I told DH to get off on 194 and I figured I would just follow the signs back to Disney. DH decided that he now had an opportunity to look for a bathing suit and underwear. Did I mention that DH also discovered he was down to his last pair of underwear. Oh yeah - I think I did when I decided to turn him back into a gnome!

Finding the bathing suit was easy. We just went into the first giant gift shop we found. I looked around, but did not really think the prices were all that great. With T-shirts being 40% off at disney, there was no reason to buy them at some hole-in-the wall gift shop. So, while DH was shopping for a bathing suit, I texted DS 15 to let him know about the garage situation. "Text me as soon as you get in the house", I instructed him!

After we get back in the car, DH decides he has to find underwear. OK - I don't know this area very well, but I have never seen any walmarts or targets on anything similar in this area. DH says, " I think there is a walmart down here" and he keeps driving down 194. Ok - maybe there was a walmart down that road eventually, but I KNOW FOR A FACT that we had never gone to a walmart following this road. I knew we were seriously wasting our time looking for the stupid underwear that HE forgot to pack.

This is where things turned bad. I'm not sure what I said, but DH got all pissy. He started to say we had already spent too much money on this trip, he didn't want to go on vacation with me, and he was no longer interested in going to dinner with ME! Well, as far as future vacations were concerned, I really didn't care. But, by God, I was going to dinner at CG whether he went or not!

So by the time we got back to SSR it was after 4pm. DH had a bathing suit, but no underwear. The kids got in the house and I decided to make peace with DH. After all, it was stupid to fight on vacation and I really didn't want to go to dinner alone.

Up next......the most amazing dinner and view of the MK!

Old 12-31-2008, 06:36 AM   #132
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Wow that brought back memories of me and my DH on our trip to Disney...this might be why I'm going solo in a couple of weeks LOL!! Actually he's thinking of joining us in 2010...but this time he'll have another male companion to go crumble off with LOL

I'm so glad you two made up and I can't wait to hear all about your dinner at CG I would love to eat there one of these days and watch Wishes at night from there!!!!!

Love your pictures they are so awesome!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 12-31-2008, 06:48 AM   #133
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Oh my. First off, I am laughing at the would be Christmas Present of the lovely outfit in Morocco.

We didn't have any big fights like that when we were in Disney BUT I was on the verge of flipping out on many occasions which is why I am very excited for a solo afternoon on our upcoming trip.

I really can't believe how forgetful your DH is! Who forgets underwear!?!
Old 12-31-2008, 06:56 AM   #134
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Wow that brought back memories of me and my DH on our trip to Disney...this might be why I'm going solo in a couple of weeks LOL!! Actually he's thinking of joining us in 2010...but this time he'll have another male companion to go crumble off with LOL

I'm so glad you two made up and I can't wait to hear all about your dinner at CG I would love to eat there one of these days and watch Wishes at night from there!!!!!

Love your pictures they are so awesome!!!
Jenjolt -

I really have to start reading your trip report! I did a solo trip last Jan, but I never wrote about it. It was fun, relaxing, but a bit lonely. The fight with DH didn't last long. I guess I was being a bit b;;;;;, although I was trying to hide it. He, only the other hand, was probably being overly sensitive since he knew he had forgotten and lost way too many things!

I definately recommend CG. Probably the best dinner and overall experience at Disney!

Old 12-31-2008, 07:01 AM   #135
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh my. First off, I am laughing at the would be Christmas Present of the lovely outfit in Morocco.

We didn't have any big fights like that when we were in Disney BUT I was on the verge of flipping out on many occasions which is why I am very excited for a solo afternoon on our upcoming trip.

I really can't believe how forgetful your DH is! Who forgets underwear!?!
Hey LL - OK - what size do you think that outfit is???? (Minus 1)

Our fight wasn't terrible, but yeah, my DH always forgets something. I have already decided that I am going to buy extra underwear and socks before our next trip and put it in MY suitcase. That way, when he discovers he forgot to pack enough, it will be there. It will be like magic! No more excursions to the closest walmart!

Come to think of it - when we went to Vero last summer he was already doing laundry on the second day cause he didn't pack enough underwear!

You know - I think I need Paula to make me gnome covered in men's underwear!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: