Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2008, 08:46 AM   #1
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Toys R Us

I just wanted to give Toys R Us a .

I spent quite a bit of time in their online store yesterday and wound up with 10 items in my cart. When I got ready to check-out, I googled for a good coupon. Unfortunately, I didn't find one. I really hated to empty my cart because I had some good deals in it, but I also didn't want to pay $31 shipping.

So, I called the Toys R Us number on the site and told them that and asked if they would give me a free shipping code. He said that he couldn't do that but that if I would call out the items to him, he would place the order and give me free shipping.

Thank you Toys R Us (and I will remember a company that is that concerned about satisfying the customer )!
horseshowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:16 AM   #2
albertamommyof4
DIS Veteran

i am glad that you are having a better time with them then me lol, i live in canada and do the canadian website, they are pretty good jsut likes to send wrong items lol.
That is a lot for shipping are is 5.95 unless it is expressed ship then it is only 7.95. I am glad that you got to save with them
albertamommyof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2008, 09:21 AM   #3
nd5056
DIS Veteran

And I give them thumb down for canceling my Black Friday order. I used PayPal to get their advertised BF Special, $25 OFF with $50 purchase.

The order went thru, got confirmation E-mail with the discount applied to the order and after several hours I got 3rd E-mail stating that my order was canceled due to online server problems or something like that.

Contacted the support and got a promise to get a same discount coupon in E-mail, in no more then few days. Guess what, I got nothing.

Not to mention this is the second time they did it to me, last year Black Friday PayPal offer purchase was canceled too.

It’s too much to be coincidental…

nd5056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:26 AM   #4
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Maybe I'd better cross my fingers. This stuff is supposed to be here by Christmas Eve - hope it works out that way!
horseshowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:58 AM   #5
pumpkinfish
Clothing Expert and Magic Giver of Dis Girl Club- Zeta Chapter
Thinks she knows who the Tag Fairy is (WRONG!)
Although, very cute, Tinkerbelle is an amateur!

I'm happy for OP's customer service but sadly I have thumbs down with them too.
Somehow the items I ordered were shipped on the 11th yet the tracking # is invalid. Spoke to a half dozen people at TRU and even UPS and nobody can locate the package. Customer service was polite and said to wait until Christmas Eve as that is what their policy was (arrival by Christmas Eve). Just stinks that I have no clue where DH's xbox 360 games are .

*July '84 Disneyland and Olympics*August '92 Offsite for 1st trip to WDW*Thanksgiving '94 Offsite for 1st family trip*December '96 Offsite for Christmas/New Year's*September '01 Offsite for OUR 1st trip*September '03 Offsite for our 2nd trip*September '04 PoP for 1 night/offsite for rest of our 3rd trip*April '05 Our 1st complete onsite stay @ POFQ*October '05 POFQ*February '06 POR with the girls!*February '07 PP- Our first trip together to DL!!!*October '07 POFQ*June '08 POP*September '08 BC-CL*Jan/Feb '09 BWI-CL (w/mom)*1st trip WELCOME HOME! OKW/Poly Oct '09*BWV Nov '09*BWV April '10*Poly/BWV XMAS '10*Feb '12 BWV birthday celebration!*Oct '12 BCV/GF*
The open road. The dusty highway. Come, I'll show you the world! Land! Sea! Excitement!
pumpkinfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:36 AM   #6
momto2inKC
DIS Veteran

Glad you had a good transaction with them, my experience has been horrible!
The latest one- I ordered 2 of the Creative Zen mp3 players NOV 22nd, they were in stock when I ordered. I later received backorder notices. Now here we are almost 1 month later and no mp3 players still Apparently after 45 days on backorder they release your order. I'm not happy with them at all. I got them for a VERY good price and word is they are probably holding out to the 45 day mark so they can cancel the remaining orders without having to fullfil them at that price. Those mp3 players are not in hard to find so it's rediculous that they say they can't get them.
I will *never order from their website again.

5/05 Pop, 12/06 POFQ, 9/07 Pop, 9/08 All Star Movies, 4/09 CBR/AKV/Disney Wonder, 12/11 Pop, 11/13 All Star Music, 11/14 CSR
momto2inKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:26 AM   #7
JessR
DIS Veteran

JessR is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: