Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2008, 06:38 AM   #1
mindymouse1
Mouseketeer

Clint's Wish To See Shamu (and Mickey)

Here is our cast::

Mindy-- (ME) Mom of two and 33 yrs old. Lover of Disney since childhood. Cannot wait for this trip!! I have been desperately trying to start this trip report for days and having technical difficulties. I believe I am a very patient person (except after the tenth .... MMMMMMMOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM !!!!!). I tend to get very excited about Disney!! I like to act silly and goof off. Sometimes (alot of the time) I can be "embarassing" to my 12 yr old.

Megan-- DD 12 (yesterday was her birthday) The sweetest child in the world. She is very laid back and goes with the flow most of the time. My friends all tell me she is perfect --till they see her messy room. But honestly if thats all I have to worry about then I am fine with it. Loves all things horses and Eeyore.

Clint-- DS 5 (birthday during our wish trip) Great kid also. Likes to do all things boyish. LOVES reptiles and has two snakes. He is also our wish child. He was diagnosed with leukemia at age three and a half. He has been undergoing treatments for 2 1/2 yrs and only has one yr left. If you were to meet Clint on the street right now you would not know he was ill unless I told you. He looks great and is doing fantastic right now.

Robin-- (My mother/ kids Mammy) She has really helped us all out with Clint and accomodating her work schedule to stay with him while I finished school. She is excited about the trip and loves Disney although she doesn't get silly and goofy like me about it. She is more of a reserved kind of happy. She is the best mother a girl could have!! And a wonderful grandmother to my kids.

Tricia-- (Cousin) 20 Tricia has been one of Clint's best friends his whole life and especially since he got sick. She has spent ALOT of time with him and refers to him as her "best friend". We will be paying for her portion of the trip because I could only bring one technically with MAW. She is not a crazed Disney freak like me either but is very very excited.

Our trip will begin on February 9th 2009. I hav been meaning to start a countdown calendar for the kids (mostly me). We have been waiting a long long time for this trip. I wanted to wait and go when he was older so he would be more likely to remember it. I also did not want to go at the beginning when the treatments were most intense. Now he feels great most of the time and should be able to enjoy it more than he would have then.

I am going to attempt to insert pictures now. Stay tuned for more....

Clint's make a wish trip PTR Link

Me- ,DD10- , DS4-
Numerous childhood visits.
Shades of Green (9 days) - March 2005
Offsite (1 wk)- Jan 2007
Clint's Make A Wish Trip (GKTW) - Feb 2009

Last edited by mindymouse1; 12-18-2008 at 08:48 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:01 AM   #2
dmbfan
DIS Veteran

Very exciting...I will be following Clint's story, your wish trip is right around the corner....
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2008, 08:58 AM   #3
mindymouse1
Mouseketeer

Just got pics added but beware that is one of the best pics ever of me!!! Don't expect the rest to look like that!!!

Me- ,DD10- , DS4-
Offsite (1 wk)- Jan 2007
Old 12-18-2008, 06:14 PM   #4
maroo
DIS Veteran

yeah!!! I found it!!

I am subbing!

can't wait to hear about your plans and trip!!!
Old 12-18-2008, 07:23 PM   #5
mom2lilnick
Mouseketeer

Awesome! I have a 12 year old too! Mine will turn 13 two days before the wish trip and she is perfect too in everyway (altho her room is clean, lol) our issue is that she is so perfect that the rare times she is told no, you would think that we just pulled the carpet out from under her (she gets a little nasty and whiney)

Sounds like you have a great cast going with you on your trip! I can't wait to hear more. Clint is ADORABLE!!

Wife to one amazing guy Jeff
Mom to three wonderful kids..
Kayla, Noah and my wish child Nicholas .

Nick's pre-trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post28150528
Old 12-19-2008, 06:45 AM   #6
HeatherSue

Yay!! I found your PTR!! What a great start! k

Your kids are absolutely adorable! So are you! I really like the tilt of your chin (it's an inside joke).

I love that Tricia is so close to Clint. That is so cool! I'm glad she gets to come along on the trip, too.

BTW, here's the link to your PTR, if you want to add it to your siggy to make it easier to find:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2035322

Old 12-19-2008, 05:37 PM   #7
tinytreasures
DIS Veteran

Nice to meet you
we are coming along for the ride
Old 12-20-2008, 06:12 AM   #8
oklamomof4boys
DIS Veteran

Great start! I love the pictures and can't wait to hear more about your plans.

Carol

Nathan's magical wish trip- Pre trip report [/U]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1866940
WDW twice including Nathan's MAW trip to WDW
8 cruises and counting- almost Platinum!
Disneyland- over 14 times and counting
Old 12-21-2008, 03:50 PM   #9
mindymouse1
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone!! I think they are kinda cute too!!!!

Me- ,DD10- , DS4-
Offsite (1 wk)- Jan 2007
Old 12-25-2008, 09:36 PM   #10
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

Just want to come along for the ride! Sounds like a super fun trip!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 12-28-2008, 07:35 PM   #11
MinnieVanMom
DIS Veteran

Your pictures are so lovely and you are so young to have so much on your plate! I can't wait to hear more. Keep posting please.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:26 PM   #12
mindymouse1
Mouseketeer

Getting Ready...

So here it is about 38 ish days away and I haven't prepared anything. I did start the kids last night on Disney movies in preparation. We began last night with Aladdin. (Also secretly because we got the new game --- Disney Think Fast for the WII and I was horrified that they didn't know some of those answers). I really was. I clobbered them but then let them come close the next game. What kind of mom would I be if I did clobbered them every time?? Anyway it is probably the only game I can beat them at.

We did recieve a WONDERFUL package from Kristi and Allie and the Big Give team . It was three pairs of Million Dreams Mickey Ears for the kids and I. They were so excited . I will have to add in the pics when I get home. Clint wore his all night. I really think it may be my first pair of Mickey ears and they are definately the first ones the kids have ever had!!! Thank you so much . It was great. We made all the cousins and everyone gather around to watch us open the box. My sister took the pics and the one of me in it was AWFUL!!! I used some very un-Disney like terms when I saw it and then realized it was my fault for letting someone who had had way too much wine take our pic. But I did get some good ones of the kids.

The kids had a great Christmas. But now that is over and we can concentrate on DISNEY!!! I also was offered my first job as an RN and am taking it. I will be working on the oncology floor. It seems to be my destiny. When I was in school I took a job as a tech on the oncology floor although I didn't really want it. I ended up liking it. The nurse manager asked me how I thought I would feel working with cancer patients and my naive reply was "as long as it's not kids"...... fast forward two months and Clint was diagnosed with Leukemia. So now I have applied for other positions and the same nurse manager sees my name and calls me and asks me if I want to interview for a job there. I told her it is my fate to work there since I had always wanted ER and here she was calling me when I really really needed a job. I will start in two weeks.

I think my next post will have to tell the story of Clint's diagnosis. Now with the holidays behind us and my internet problems solved this thing will be moving right along.

Let me know if I leave out anything that is usually in a PTR since I am a newbie at this

Me- ,DD10- , DS4-
Offsite (1 wk)- Jan 2007
Old 01-06-2009, 02:38 PM   #13
maroo
DIS Veteran

Aw man!! Amazing that you will be working on the Oncology floor. What a wonderful gift to those families. To have a nurse that REALLY "gets" it!

I hope it all comes naturally for you! Sounds like that door has certainly remained open! Go for it!!!

I am getting excited for you guys and your trip! And glad your internet is now working!
Old 01-06-2009, 02:54 PM   #14
HeatherSue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindymouse1 View Post
Let me know if I leave out anything that is usually in a PTR since I am a newbie at this
Pictures!! We need more pictures!!

Congrats on your new job! Congrats on having a game you can beat the kids at, too!

Old 01-06-2009, 02:58 PM   #15
oklamomof4boys
DIS Veteran

Congrats on the job! You will have a unique perspective to things that I'm sure will come in handy.

I've never heard of the Disney Think Fast game for WII- I will have to look for it!

Is your trip to WDW? If so, are you staying at GKTW? Do you have any ADR's? Are you tired of me asking so many questions? If you have any questions for us, feel free to ask!

Carol

Nathan's magical wish trip- Pre trip report [/U]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1866940
WDW twice including Nathan's MAW trip to WDW
8 cruises and counting- almost Platinum!
Disneyland- over 14 times and counting

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: