Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2008, 09:23 PM   #76
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iott Family View Post
What are the wipes??? Thanks!
Clorox disinfecting wipes in the To Go pack. We will be at a hotel Sat night and fly out Sunday This all reads like a horror story We will be very careful I guess I'm still excited about going

Echo queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:46 PM   #77
Cindy F
DIS Veteran

We got back last night and I thought the overall blech feeling we had at the beginning of our trip was some kind of flu type thing...then I thought my vomiting was due to too many Kahlua candies at EPCOT'S Mexico....but when we all started having diarrhea and nausea....I figured we had the much talked about "Disney Dysentery"

Thankfully we didn't have the projectile vomiting but I'll leave the specifics at that
Cindy F is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2008, 09:50 PM   #78
pixie921
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo queen View Post
Clorox disinfecting wipes in the To Go pack. We will be at a hotel Sat night and fly out Sunday This all reads like a horror story We will be very careful I guess I'm still excited about going
LOL -- I feel the same way! This is our "dream" Christmas trip and I'm just hoping it doesn't turn into a NIGHTMARE!!
pixie921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:10 PM   #79
Soarin08
DCL PI Spring 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo queen View Post
Ok those are now on my must-pack list. Thanks!

*Spring Advantage 2009 CP (Saratoga Springs)~BYU Spring 2011 CP (Ft. Wilderness)~Campus Rep (BYU Idaho)*
*March 1997 (Hilton at Downtown Disney- first trip!)~May 1998 (Coronado Springs)~Annual Passholder 2005-2006 (lived in Tampa)~June 2008 (Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground-cabins)~December 2008 (Port Orleans Riverside)~March 2009 (Grand Floridian)~June 2009 (Treehouse Villas at Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa)~July 2009 (Port Orleans Riverside)~January 2011 (All Star Sports)~March 2011 (Animal Kingdom Lodge)~July 2011 (Pop Century)~September 2011 (All Star Movies)*
Soarin08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:07 PM   #80
Claudia Kellenberger
DIS Veteran

I got back from the Beach Club Villas on the night of Saturday Dec. 13th

On Wednesday morning, Dec.17th, I Woke up with the worst stomach bug I ever had in my life!!!

Did I get the bug on vacation?
I have no idea.

This bug gave me the projectile vomiting, heavy diarrhea and the absolute worst stomach cramps. I was groaning in lots of pain. I had not been this sick in many years! I also had severe chills, too.

This bug is nasty, so extra hand washing is necessary so you don't catch it.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:09 PM   #81
kgar2121
Mouseketeer

what about this stuff?

https://www.germstar.com/us/index.ph...nitizers&sub=2

Jan 2006
Aug 2006
Jan 2007
Aug 2007
Jan 2008
Oct 2008
Jan 2009
Aug 2009
Jan 2010
Aug 2010
Sept 2010
Jan 2011
kgar2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:38 PM   #82
lawblond7
Earning My Ears

We check in Sunday also. I leave to start driving tomorrow from Northern Va. BUT with 3 boys 11 1/2, 11 1/2 (yes twins) and a 15 1/2 (with that teenage angst), It is about 850 miles - about 12+ hours. BUT I plan to take my time. I originally planned to leave no later than 9am BUT now if I get out before noon I will be happy. I have most of the clothes all packed - Truck is not - BUT I still have more medical supplies to pack - already have 2 boxes done and meds, cooler for med, etc.

I have now added WIPES to my list to pick up at Wal-Mart when I get closer to FL. I was also so looking forward to X-mas in Disney - BUT my biggest fear being away from home for 2 weeks is that each time I have tried to go away for a week or more Clay has ended up in a hospital so now I am terrified.

Hugs
Sharon
lawblond7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:09 AM   #83
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMulieri View Post
Antibacterial wipes and gels are useless.you need hot water and soap.
The big problem at Disney is getting the hot water! None of the park restrooms that I've been in have hot water. Most of them just have that button over the spigot, or the automatic faucets, and they put out cool or if you're lucky, lukewarm, water. I still wash thoroughly with soap and water, but I also use the towelettes (and ones with plenty of alcohol) to sanitize before eating. So far (continuing to knock on wood) it's worked for me. Of course, being an AP holder, I also don't wait in long lines where I could come in contact with infected people. I try to steer clear of crowds whenever possible at Disney, just because it's more relaxing that way.

I hope this virus works it's way out by the end of January when I go back. So far, no one I work with has had it, or any of their family.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 05:24 AM   #84
angel12
Earning My Ears

hello,

I thought the overall blech feeling we had at the beginning of our trip was some kind of flu type thing...then I thought my vomiting was due to too many Kahlua candies at EPCOT'S Mexico....but when we all started having diarrhea and nausea....I figured we had the much talked about "Disney Dysentery".
angel12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:04 AM   #85
720L
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPluto View Post
My family of 5 just returned and thankfully no one became ill. Another guest got sick on the elevator of our building at the GF so we steered clear of that one for the rest of our trip. Like other posters have said, this can happen anywhere. Good luck to all those there now or on their way!
Did you use the buses or did you drive yourself? I always think of everyone on the buses breathing the same air for half an hour, it's the same as riding in a airplane. Maybe we will rent a car.
(1988&1992ffsite) (1995:Dixie Landings) (1998: ASM) (2001:Disneyland) (2002:ASM) (2003 & 2004:Disneyland) (2005: POP) (2006: AKL & POP) (2007:POP,BC,CR) (2008: POP,AKL,CSR,ASMU,AKL) (2009: CSR ,POP,POLY,GF) (2010: DISNEYLAND DLH in June/ POP & BC in July/ POFQ for Thanksgiving) (April 1-8, 2011 AKL)(June 2011 POFQ)(October 13-16, 2011 Boardwalk) (June 2012 Disneyland/Carsland opening day!) (July 22, 2012-August 3, 2012 Disneyworld CSR & BC)(Christmas 2012 AOA)(:Spring Break April 2013 POP) (June 2013 AKL)(Thanksgiving 2013 Nov. 21-24 POP)(AKL!! June 2014)(AOA: October 2014)
720L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:45 AM   #86
Maine-iac
DIS Veteran

Ok I am going to sound like the "spoiler" here but I do not think just disinfecting your room is going to totally protect you. Definitely do it to help put you at ease and cover that area but just think of the railings, handle bars, merchandise etc that you touch during the day. You just do not know where you will pick the virus up. If you spend your whole trip worried about getting sick then you may not have the best time. Do you stay at home to avoid viruses? No. So go and have a great time and don't spend your time worrying about getting sick.
DH and I were there from 11th-16th. We flew, took DME, used buses etc and did not get sick nor did we see or hear of anyone else getting sick.

Just go and have FUN!!!

Maine-iac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:15 AM   #87
purpliequeen
DIS Veteran

Is the only thing that will help you get over the Norwalk virus time? Are there any medicines or whatever we can bring to at least appease the stomach craps? Sounds like this is the type of bug that you just have to wait out...
~Dec. '05~ Saratoga Springs Resort
~Aug. '06~ Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge
~June '07~ Beach Club Villas
~Dec. '08 - Jan. '09~ Yacht Club & Grand Floridian
~Jan. '10~ Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas Concierge
~Dec. '10~ Christmas at Boardwalk Villas
~Mar. '11~ Bay Lake Tower
~Dec. '11~ Animal Kingdom Lodge
purpliequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:49 AM   #88
pixie921
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine-iac View Post
Ok I am going to sound like the "spoiler" here but I do not think just disinfecting your room is going to totally protect you. Definitely do it to help put you at ease and cover that area but just think of the railings, handle bars, merchandise etc that you touch during the day. You just do not know where you will pick the virus up. If you spend your whole trip worried about getting sick then you may not have the best time. Do you stay at home to avoid viruses? No. So go and have a great time and don't spend your time worrying about getting sick.DH and I were there from 11th-16th. We flew, took DME, used buses etc and did not get sick nor did we see or hear of anyone else getting sick.

Just go and have FUN!!!
So glad you and your dh escaped the bug!

I don't stay home to avoid illness, but it sure is easier being sick and miserable at home where you have everything you need than on a vacation where you're in a hotel room or on a plane (or spending hours in a car) getting home. Plus, all that money down the drain if you're sick through your trip ...

All that being said, we leave tomorrow and I'm going to be as vigilant as I can. Other than that, there's nothing we can do but enjoy our trip as much as possible and PRAY that we don't pick anything up!
pixie921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:06 AM   #89
Steffiesunshine
I wish I could ride the TTA everyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpliequeen View Post
Is the only thing that will help you get over the Norwalk virus time? Are there any medicines or whatever we can bring to at least appease the stomach craps? Sounds like this is the type of bug that you just have to wait out...

Did you mean stomach CRAMPS?

2008: All Star Movies Jan 2009: Wilderness Lodge!
Dec 2010: Coronado Springs Resort
Steffiesunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:17 AM   #90
ms.pinkpixie
Custom Designer

Yeah I got it too. I believe its the neuro virus. I work in a doctors office and theres nothing that makes you feel better because you can't keep anything down. I was down all day tuesday. It was SO horrible.

November 2013- Offsite April 2011- Offsite December 2008- Disney Honeymoon!(Coronado Springs Resort) Oct-Nov 2006- Offsite June 2006- Polynesian Resort

My Design Thread : My Blog : My Designs
ms.pinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: