Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2008, 02:24 PM   #61
NJPluto
Mouseketeer

My family of 5 just returned and thankfully no one became ill. Another guest got sick on the elevator of our building at the GF so we steered clear of that one for the rest of our trip. Like other posters have said, this can happen anywhere. Good luck to all those there now or on their way!
Old 12-19-2008, 02:35 PM   #62
eatright
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I have seriously been considering wearing a face mask on the plane to and from Orlando
I can see why you'd want to (with your condition) but Norwalk is a contact transmitted virus so you should probably wear gloves too. It is a nasty virus that is difficult to kill. We were fine in WDW earlier this month but you can get it anywhere, even from grocery carts! Here's to keeping healthy!
eatright is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2008, 02:41 PM   #63
Solamom
Mouseketeer

Us too?

We just checked out of the Fort on 12/17 and the next day our two year old has the symptoms described. It's still working the back end so to speak. No one else has it yet and hopefully won't.

http://www.passportcamping.blogspot.com/

Solamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 02:49 PM   #64
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Okay, I take these wipes we use at work and wipe down all surfaces of my hotel room daily and never have a problem. I have seen this virus affect many people. It was rampant in california a few years back. ugh, don't get it. Soap and water are great defenses against viruses. Antibacterial is not nearly as effective as a good old fashioned washing.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:04 PM   #65
KPtoys
Life is a perpetual vacation

Lysol claims it kills norovirus so bringing that isn't such a bad idea. I hope everyone gets better ASAP!! After dealing with my 4 year old and 2 year old for the past 3 days I wish this on NO ONE!

Pre Dec 91 - Many times but too young to remember, Dec 1991 - Off Site, June 1996 - Lake Bunea Vista Palace, Jan 2004 - Celebration, Jan 2006 - Off site - OLCC, Sept 2007 - Polynesian , Jan 2009 - Wilderness Lodge

KPtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:10 PM   #66
lawblond7
Earning My Ears

Now I am scared. We are leaving to drive down tomorrow. I have 3 boys that have a mitochondrial disorder - 2 g-tube fed and ONE with a weakened immune system. The one with the most medical issues has severe GI problems. Glad I picked up hand sanitizer today AND on my drive down I will definitily pick up lysol wipes.

I HATE THIS.

Sharon
lawblond7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:17 PM   #67
purpliequeen
DIS Veteran

I'm extremely nervous as well. We'll be there in a little over a week. Let's hope this bug clears up fast.
~Dec. '05~ Saratoga Springs Resort
~Aug. '06~ Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge
~June '07~ Beach Club Villas
~Dec. '08 - Jan. '09~ Yacht Club & Grand Floridian
~Jan. '10~ Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas Concierge
~Dec. '10~ Christmas at Boardwalk Villas
~Mar. '11~ Bay Lake Tower
~Dec. '11~ Animal Kingdom Lodge
purpliequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:19 PM   #68
tigger813
DIS Veteran

Nasty bug going around here in MA too. Two wings of a nursing home were quarantined this past week and a shelter for those without power and heat in Middlesex County was hit hard with it. Volunteers and victims all got it. DD#2 had something of a stomach bug for about 24 hours, only vomiting and a very slight temp. She slept 4 hours yesterday afternoon and still slept well last night. Better today.

Of course, here we're now getting 8-12 inches of snow! White Christmas in NE!

Next trip: Easter at Disney April 17-23 (3 nights Kidani Savanna View, 3 nights Wilderness Lodge)
tigger813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:24 PM   #69
peyjax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagasan View Post
I think I just found the reason NOT to upgrade to the Dining Plan. We will be at Disney 1/11 - 1/18 and I have been doing the math. The possibility of illness (Missing out on the prepaid meals) and the $200 gift card are tipping me in the direction of not upgrading.

I am very worried about getting sick because I have Adrenal Insufficiency (Addison's Disease) and may require hospitalization if I get a bad stomach bug. I just added antibacterial stuff to my packing list. I have seriously been considering wearing a face mask on the plane to and from Orlando.

I feel for all of you who were sick on your Disney vacation.

Stay healthy everyone!

Anne
I agree this is definatly a downside to pre paying (dining plan) for your food. I had this concern when we were debating paying for it. We went against it and guess what ... we all got sick.
peyjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:42 PM   #70
Soarin08
DCL PI Spring 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawblond7 View Post
Now I am scared. We are leaving to drive down tomorrow. I have 3 boys that have a mitochondrial disorder - 2 g-tube fed and ONE with a weakened immune system. The one with the most medical issues has severe GI problems. Glad I picked up hand sanitizer today AND on my drive down I will definitily pick up lysol wipes.

I HATE THIS.

Sharon
You certainly have a good reason to worry. I'll be thinking about you guys and praying none of y'all get sick. That would be awful for your boys.

*Spring Advantage 2009 CP (Saratoga Springs)~BYU Spring 2011 CP (Ft. Wilderness)~Campus Rep (BYU Idaho)*
*March 1997 (Hilton at Downtown Disney- first trip!)~May 1998 (Coronado Springs)~Annual Passholder 2005-2006 (lived in Tampa)~June 2008 (Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground-cabins)~December 2008 (Port Orleans Riverside)~March 2009 (Grand Floridian)~June 2009 (Treehouse Villas at Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa)~July 2009 (Port Orleans Riverside)~January 2011 (All Star Sports)~March 2011 (Animal Kingdom Lodge)~July 2011 (Pop Century)~September 2011 (All Star Movies)*
Soarin08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:29 PM   #71
Iott Family
DIS Veteran

We are staying at AKL Jan 31-Feb7. I so hope this has passed by the time we arrive! Blech!
Iott Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 07:25 PM   #72
SandrA9810
DIS Veteran

A few Thanksgivings ago, my brother got sick the day after, laying in bed, puking all the time. The middle of the night, it hit me. And since I was feeling too bad to clean it up, I took out a couple of blankets and laid them in the truck bed and slept outside, just incase I got sick again. And all the next day I went to this little park with tons of trees and slept in the truck bed while Kari was working. Then that night Kari got sick on the way home, and we stopped at a walgreens because she thought she only needed to use the pot, and while she was sitting there she puked. It was awful because we cleaned up the mess, so they wouldn't have to and the ventilation was not good.

It's weird how some of those things go around...
Every day it hit some one different. But the next day I felt fine.
SandrA9810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 07:29 PM   #73
CindyKansas
DIS Veteran

DH and I flew back home yesterday (DD is with the Disney College Program so we met her there) anyway I caught something while there. I had diarrhea and vomiting for over 48 hours and was severly dehydrated. Anyway, my first onset was Monday December 15th, went to the ER on the 17th, diagnosed with Gastroenteritis, they gave me some prescriptions for Tigan, Bactrim and Lomotil. Told to get as much bedrest as possible and to drink plenty of fluids. I still feel very weak and still no appetite what so ever. I can get up for a few minutes then sit or lay down for a few hours. DH and DD have lucked out so far and have stayed well.

Disney World and Disneyland, too many times to count
Magic----1998
Wonder --1999
Wonder --2013
CSR, BLT-----May 2014 (DD Disney Wedding )
Dream----2015 (November 30)
CindyKansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 07:45 PM   #74
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

So sorry that so many people are sick - good health to those going to WDW soon.

Hopefully if people are sick, they will stay in their rooms & get mousekeeping to sanitize, stay off of public transportation, and not fly if ill so as not to infect the whole plane.

Good luck, Tiger

Last edited by Tiger926; 12-19-2008 at 07:53 PM.
Tiger926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 08:13 PM   #75
Iott Family
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
Okay, I take these wipes we use at work and wipe down all surfaces of my hotel room daily and never have a problem. I have seen this virus affect many people. It was rampant in california a few years back. ugh, don't get it. Soap and water are great defenses against viruses. Antibacterial is not nearly as effective as a good old fashioned washing.
What are the wipes??? Thanks!
Iott Family is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: