Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2009, 07:53 AM   #1
momandseandodisney
DIS Veteran

5 people where to stay?

4 adults and 1 11yr old

A family suite at a value OR POR (the ones that sleep 5)

Which is cheaper? Which one is better suited?

momandseandodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:09 AM   #2
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Above those options, I would look at Fort Wilderness Cabins. They sleep 6; there is a double bed and 2 bunk beds in a bedroom, then the living room has a pull-down Murphy bed that's a double bed. It's very comfortable.

In the family suite, there's only 1 actual bed and the others are fold-outs (a couch, a chair and an ottoman).

At POR, you'll have to pay additional adult fees for having 4 adults in one room. I'd rather pay a little more and have more space at FW.

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2009, 09:13 AM   #3
momandseandodisney
DIS Veteran

thanks for the fort wildneress vote, but is costs quite a bit more then the Music Family suite.

so back to my orginal thoughts

Now I am thining of just staying in 2 value rooms? That seems to be the cheapest, and all I am missing is the kitchen sink,fridge and microwave?

momandseandodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:15 AM   #4
iakot
Mouseketeer

When I was booking, 2 rooms at pop were cheaper than the family suite.
iakot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:37 AM   #5
mericletwins
DIS Veteran

I would not consider either of your original options. I would go with two rooms at a value.

On deck: BC CL August 21-29

BWI 9/12 POP 6/12 BLT & BCV 4/12 POR 4/11 BCV & THV 1/10 CBR 6/10 POP 8/09 CR-MK view 3/09 POR 6/08 BC/Poly Conc./GF conc. 1/08 BCV 4/07 CBR 6/06 BCV 4/06 OKW 10/04 OKW Thanksgiving 03 CBR 3/00 Off-site March '93, March '88, HS Sr Trip Spring '87
mericletwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:45 AM   #6
mykidsrock76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momandseandodisney View Post
Now I am thining of just staying in 2 value rooms? That seems to be the cheapest, and all I am missing is the kitchen sink,fridge and microwave?
We just did the same thing. Had one room booked at POR and switiched to 2 at POP. The price was a little more, like 130, for the entire week. With the free dining it was only 2724 for the week with 8 day hoppers. But now we have 4 beds and 2 bathrooms. I was very concerned we would be cramped. The family suite did not appeal to us since it really only has one bed and the other are pullouts. But other people really enjoy them. We're not concerned about the fridge, micro, and coffeepot. We'll get the mugs for the coffee anyway. And if needed, there is a micro at the food court. Hope this helps!!!!

2001- All Star Music
Jan 2007- POP Century
Dec 2007- Cruise to Caribbean
Dec 2008- Another Cruise
Nov 2009- Port Orleans Riverside
Sep 2012- Polynesian (our first deluxe!!! )
Sep 2013- Wilderness Lodge

mykidsrock76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:47 AM   #7
frisco
DIS Veteran

I'd take 2 rooms at a Value over the Suite.
frisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:49 AM   #8
LD NURSE
Mouseketeer

I'm in the same boat. Me and my sister, her two darlings, and my one. I love the way the FW cabins look, and eating breakfast everyday would save$$, but 2 rooms at a value would give us a break from each other. (My DSis going to be 12 and her's are 8 and 6). My DS is voting for 2 seperate rooms. But since I'm footing the bill...I kinda have to look at all sides. I think we're gonna be at WDW for 10 days, We'll probably only sleep and shower there. So POR would be cheapest option... but 2 rooms at a value are not that much more and we'd have 2 bathrooms!!a bonus in the morning for sure!!
Good luck with whatever you decide, and let us know how it works out!
LD NURSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:58 AM   #9
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

I would do the Family Suite. The kitchenette was very nice to have. A coffee pot for coffee in the morning, a microwave for microwave bacon, and a fridge for milk, soda, and whatever else you would like to keep cold. Remember if you want a fridge in a regular value room, you will have to pay $10 plus tax each night for it.

Also, all of the Family Suites are located in the prefered buildings, which would be an addtitional $15 per room per night if you want that location for your regular rooms. So yes the Family Suites cost a little more, but you are getting more for your money.

I shared the couch pull out with my 13yr old niece, and it slept like a regular bed. Disney had them specialy designed without that bar running underneath you back that normal pull outs have. It was very comfy. My 16yr old nephew slept on the chair pull out, and he had no complaints.

It was nice too to be able to have a couch or chair to sit on at night and watch tv for a while, instead of having to sit on a bed.

Fuuny thing is, we did a trip after our stay in the Family Suites where we stayed in 2 connecting rooms. And even the kids said they would rather have stayed in a Family Suite again.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:09 AM   #10
Day-Day
DIS Veteran

The OP has 4 adults in the party which makes the price of the moderate go up when staying in one room. When booking two rooms (i.e. at a value) there are no additional adult charges with 2 adults per room. The cost difference between these two options gets really small...
Day-Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:33 AM   #11
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

I just wanted to add that there is no addition adult charge at the All Star Family Suites either.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:45 AM   #12
KSDisneyDad
DIS Veteran

We have 5 and generally choose two rooms at the Values.
WDW - BCV (Jun '12) BLT (Jun '11); Boardwalk (Sep '10); Poly (Aug '07), CR (Nov '06), AKL (Nov '04, Sept '06), Swan (Dec '05), POR (Dec '98, Mar '10), POFQ (Mar '05), CSR (Nov '02), CBR (Jun '03), Sports (Dec99, Oct '01, Dec '02), Music (Aug '09), Movies (Dec '00, Aug '07), Pop (Jun '04 Jun '05)
DLR - August 2008 and January 2013 at DLH
DCL Gold CC Member: Magic Western (Sep-05, Sep-06); Magic Panama Canal Repo (Aug-08); Wonder 4-night (Mar-10 and Sept-10) Fantasy Eastern (Jun-12)

Next Trip: 6/15/2013 - 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy and BLT!
KSDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:08 PM   #13
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

It dpends a little onthemake up of your family, but I think the suites are kind of nice. WHen we've stayed at the regular value rooms, I deeply miss the lack of fridge and coffee maker. ANd I should add, this last time, we ended up getting afridge and buying a coffee maker (we had a car).

I really think next time, I'm going to skip the grocery store trip. I just don't want to spend my Disney time driving all over. I know my way around the area, and it's still a pain!

I like the fridge so I can have coffee with milk in the am. But even if you don't plan any meals in te room or anything, it's nice to have a table where you can sit and have drink or snack,or just chat. And I dont spend a whole lot of time in the room.

I also just like the set up of the suites. It seems like it would be easier to keep things organized, with a larger group, that is essential.

Typically though the suites are NOT included in discount promos.

My only other question, with the suites do you get two bathrooms?
mickeyluv'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:20 PM   #14
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluv'r View Post
It dpends a little onthemake up of your family, but I think the suites are kind of nice. WHen we've stayed at the regular value rooms, I deeply miss the lack of fridge and coffee maker. ANd I should add, this last time, we ended up getting afridge and buying a coffee maker (we had a car).

I really think next time, I'm going to skip the grocery store trip. I just don't want to spend my Disney time driving all over. I know my way around the area, and it's still a pain!

I like the fridge so I can have coffee with milk in the am. But even if you don't plan any meals in te room or anything, it's nice to have a table where you can sit and have drink or snack,or just chat. And I dont spend a whole lot of time in the room.

I also just like the set up of the suites. It seems like it would be easier to keep things organized, with a larger group, that is essential.

Typically though the suites are NOT included in discount promos.

My only other question, with the suites do you get two bathrooms?
Yes, the suites have 2 bathrooms, and 2 TVs. My understanding is that the suites ARE included in the promos, but there are so few of them (and they are in high demand already) that it is verrrrrry difficult to get one on a discount (but definitely worth a try -- there are cancellations)

Feb. 2008 All Star Music Feb. 2009 All Star Music Feb. 2010 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2011 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2012 Pop Pop Pop and All Star Music Feb. 2013 AoA, ASMusic and off-site with our team Feb. 2014 ASMusic and Cypress Pointe Resort Feb. 2015 Cypress Pointe Resort, US Cabana Bay and All Stars for Twirlmania
redrosesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:31 PM   #15
3disneylovers
Earning My Ears

I just booked a suite at All Star Music with the free dining promotion.
3disneylovers is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: