Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #4021
Afliktor
Earning My Ears

So I found out today that I got accepted as a PhotoPass Photographer at WDW! I was a little disappointed because I really was hoping for Anaheim - California is where I want to be. But Orlando is cheaper, and it's WDW! So I think I'm gonna do it.

A few questions -

1. Anyone have experience with the Photopass job? how is it?
2. If I apply for an extension, is there anyway I could ask to be transferred to DLR?
3. someone told me they monitor what you look at on the internet. is that true? o_O
4. drug testing - how often do they really do it? i would never be under the influence of anything on the job, but I need to know if i should completely abstain during my time there and the month before
Old 04-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #4022
johnandsadie
Earning My Ears

Congratulations Aflictor!

When Did You Have Your Interview?
Mine Was Two Weeks Today..but Haven't Heard Anything Yet!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #4023
figmentfan6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afliktor View Post
So I found out today that I got accepted as a PhotoPass Photographer at WDW! I was a little disappointed because I really was hoping for Anaheim - California is where I want to be. But Orlando is cheaper, and it's WDW! So I think I'm gonna do it.

A few questions -

2. If I apply for an extension, is there anyway I could ask to be transferred to DLR?
3. someone told me they monitor what you look at on the internet. is that true? o_O
4. drug testing - how often do they really do it? i would never be under the influence of anything on the job, but I need to know if i should completely abstain during my time there and the month before
As an answer to 4, I would avoid it at all costs. If you get caught with any drugs in your room or doing them in general, at work or not, you will be thrown out of the program with no questions asked. If your roommate sees drugs in your room and doesn't report you, they will be terminated as well. Drugs on the CP is a really horrible idea. For the sake of all involved, please do not do any at all.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #4024
Afliktor
Earning My Ears

yeah i definitely wouldnt have any on their property, that's a terrible idea. i'm more asking, do I need to pass a drug test as soon as I get there... I'm not a stoner but I smoke on occasion so I want to make sure I'm completely clean if so! im guessing i should just err on the side of caution
Old 04-12-2012, 10:54 PM   #4025
taigirl87
Resident Pixie Duster

Quote:
yeah i definitely wouldnt have any on their property, that's a terrible idea. i'm more asking, do I need to pass a drug test as soon as I get there... I'm not a stoner but I smoke on occasion so I want to make sure I'm completely clean if so! im guessing i should just err on the side of caution
You can be off property and still get terminated if your caught or it gets reported. I knew a guy who that happened to.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:57 PM   #4026
WDW_lover_in_SC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just don't do it at all since it's illegal. Don't preach to me about how its non addictive and has never killed anyone, still illegal.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #4027
shelhartman
Earning My Ears

Departure date

I'm currently in WDW now on the college program... I absolutely hate it, but I'm so close to my departure date that I just need to stick it out.. My departure date is supposed to be the 18th of may, but I'm obviously not going to be working up until then & my housing ID expires on the 17th of may.. Is there any way that I could check out & leave on the 17th of may?
Old 04-13-2012, 10:59 AM   #4028
psherman42
Mouseketeer

You can leave the 17th if you want.

Disney College Program
Fall 2011: Quick Service Food & Beverage (ABC Commissary)
Spring Advantage 2013: Merchandise (World of Disney)
Fall 2013: Professional Intern
My DCP blog: http://dreamitdoitdisney.tumblr.com/
Old 04-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #4029
Afliktor
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW_lover_in_SC View Post
Just don't do it at all since it's illegal. Don't preach to me about how its non addictive and has never killed anyone, still illegal.
why do you assume i'll preach to you? o_O i have no agenda and don't care what others do in their spare time. i was basically just asking exactly how strict the drug policies are in the program, and i got my answer. it's nbd. i avoided it when I was in Greece for a semester because i didn't want to risk getting kicked out of the program, even though i had friends who did it. i'm not a moron.

now this was one of four questions i asked but it was the only one that got any attention...lol
Old 04-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #4030
figmentfan6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
now this was one of four questions i asked but it was the only one that got any attention...lol
I unfortunately don't know the answers to the other three. I know they claimed that they monitored internet usage, and I'm sure they do, but I suspect they do it mostly to catch illegal activity and the like. I can't say for sure though. There is someone on the boards who has done PhotoPass, but I don't know where she's hiding! As for the transfer, my guess is "No", but always ask!

Good luck and, on a side note, I'm glad that you are an intelligent user, legality aside. I know some people who have done foolish things involving drugs in the past, so it's good of you to ask and make an informed decision!
Old 04-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #4031
figmentfan6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelhartman View Post
I'm currently in WDW now on the college program... I absolutely hate it, but I'm so close to my departure date that I just need to stick it out.. My departure date is supposed to be the 18th of may, but I'm obviously not going to be working up until then & my housing ID expires on the 17th of may.. Is there any way that I could check out & leave on the 17th of may?
What role are you in if I may ask?

If you're really miserable, try and give away shifts and request days off. Once you've finished working, you've technically fulfilled your contract. I know a few people who have done this. As long as you let your managers know and double check with housing that it won't affect your rehire status, you can leave if you have no more shifts left! Good luck!
Old 04-14-2012, 01:58 AM   #4032
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Quote:

A few questions -

1. I don't have much information on Photopass besides the already listed information on the site. You're going to be out in the sun and have a variety of locations you can be placed for your role. Most likely you will be place in Magic Kingdom or one of the parks, and that will be your home park. There are a few Photopass photographers that are floating around here.

2. Most extensions do not allow for park transfers as they are considered separate entities. Extension by definition is extending your current program.

3. They have access to all internet records, so anything is possible with monitoring. I can imagine they restrict internet access as well to an educational/school level.

4. It looks like it was already answered, and I sincerely apologize for anyone that may have come across rude.

Best of luck, and Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
Old 04-15-2012, 07:14 PM   #4033
tiggersgal19
Mouseketeer

Denied for college program.

If you get denied for fall college program, can you apply again or will they just deny application.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:23 PM   #4034
WDW_lover_in_SC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggersgal19 View Post
If you get denied for fall college program, can you apply again or will they just deny application.
You have to wait 6 months between applications with the Walt Disney Company regardless of if it's CP or a regular job.

So if you got denied fall you have to wait until the next apps come out.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #4035
tiggersgal19
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the quick reply.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: