Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2008, 09:58 AM   #1
JoiseyMom
Have you had your SPANX today???
I mean, peep poop should be shiny and colored!!

I turned down a Free trip to WDW!!

My mil has a time share week she has to use. She at first wanted to take them at the end of June..but they have camp. I told her to do the week before...missing the last few days of school doesn't really matter. Well she booked spring break in April. That isn't so bad...it would be crowded..but we have done Xmas..so ok. Well then she tells me that the men would stay home, that they probably wouldn't want to go and they can take care of the pets. Well..I know my fil wouldn't want to go..but my DH her DS, would! But the killer was..she wanted me and her to DRIVE with the kids! OMG!!!

Now...we did this once before..we drove down during Jersey week one year. Her, DH, me and the kids. It was a DISASTER!! MIL was not a happy camper in the car. She booked us the autotrain going home!! And yet she wants to do it again ??

She said I had 24 hours to tell her to cancel or not. Well I cancelled. I would LOVE to go to WDW with the kids...but I want to go with DH too, and I do not want to DRIVE!!!
2005 August - Surprise Trip for kids!! CSR; 2006 August - Surprise Trip for kids at CSR again!! 2007 August - 3 nite Wonder & AKL FD 3peat!!
2007 December 8 - 7nite Eastern on the Magic! 2008 August 17 DCL Magic EB Panama Canal; March 2011 WDW trip with friends. 2012 Aug 25 DCL Bahamas Magic from NYC;2012 Sept 12 DCL Canadian Magic;2013 Aug AKL Kidani;2013 Aug DCL Fantasy

I am Poohtiful and Poohlicious!!!! Have you had your Spanx today???
JoiseyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:59 AM   #2
Darcy03231
DIS Veteran

I would have cancelled too. There's no way I would drive to WDW. If I can't fly I wouldn't go.
Darcy03231 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2008, 10:05 AM   #3
kwhite1022
Mouseketeer

Too Funny I thought I was the only one turning down trips to WDW!! My family wants to do a magical gatherings next year, and room, and tickets will be paid, but there is no way I can afford the airplane tickets (for 5) or the food and extras. Well, ok, I could pay for it, but at the expense of getting our savings back up after Christmas and unexpected medical expenses. Im the downer in our family, and I really truely hope they go without us, but I doubt they will. To be honest, a trip with 18 other people with kids from 18-4 just doesnt sound like that much fun too me.
kwhite1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:22 AM   #4
Leader of the Club
My Disney Princess only wears BLACK!

Geez, I'd WALK to Disney--as long as a didn't have to go with my MIL!
Darth Vader is just misunderstood
I'm much more pirate than princess
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
for Disney World
Leader of the Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:41 AM   #5
momejay
DIS Veteran

It ain't free, if there are strings attached. I would have paid someone to drive my MIL! (or paid her airfare) LOL!
momejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:08 AM   #6
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry you have to miss out on your trip, but I agree with you completely.

Of course, OTOH, my MIL could offer to put me up on concierge level at the Grand Floridian, and I still wouldn't go with her...

horseshowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:49 AM   #7
mskayjay
They were sooooo good I had um.....a few.....okay fine.....several!
I have the coolest memories of going on that ride over and over with my cousin

Wow! I'd go and go with my MIL in a heartbeat! Love her to bits. Sympathies to those of you who don't have that kind of relationship with your MILs.

Golf Resort (SOG now!)1974*Polynesian Resort 1976* Off site 1990*Tree House Villas 1992*Caribbean Beach Resort 1998*Off site 2004*Animal Kingdom Lodge 2006*Wilderness Lodge 2008*Wilderness Lodge 2009*Wilderness Lodge 2010*Animal Kingdom Villas 2011* Wilerness Lodge Villas 2011*
mskayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:58 AM   #8
FLA NUT
Mom to 2 Disney "Jaded" boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseshowmom View Post
Of course, OTOH, my MIL could offer to put me up on concierge level at the Grand Floridian, and I still wouldn't go with her...

We must have the same MIL. There is no way I could go on vacation with my MIL. I would hear about "how she paid for my vacation" for the next 20 years. The 8 hour drive with her and 2 kids would be bad enough. The kids travel well, MIL is different story.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:07 PM   #9
janni518
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskayjay View Post
Wow! I'd go and go with my MIL in a heartbeat! Love her to bits. Sympathies to those of you who don't have that kind of relationship with your MILs.
I love mine too, but one of the reasons I do is that she would never suggest taking a trip to WDW with out my dh.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:19 PM   #10
sbell111
I don't care if people walk slowly, as long as they are willing to do it behind me
Our roomba locked itself in the laundry room not too long ago

You had me at MIL.
sbell111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:51 PM   #11
JoiseyMom
Have you had your SPANX today???
I mean, peep poop should be shiny and colored!!

LOL...your repsonses are awesome!! I have to say...if MIL said we would fly, I would have gone!! I have a pretty good relationship with mil..yes, there are things she does that DRIVEs me CRAZY!!! But she loves my kids to pieces..and she does at times mind her own buisness (well not often). She lives really close, and she means well. She took the kids last year to Mass. We coulda gone but decided to stay home alone!!
2005 August - Surprise Trip for kids!! CSR; 2006 August - Surprise Trip for kids at CSR again!! 2007 August - 3 nite Wonder & AKL FD 3peat!!
2007 December 8 - 7nite Eastern on the Magic! 2008 August 17 DCL Magic EB Panama Canal; March 2011 WDW trip with friends. 2012 Aug 25 DCL Bahamas Magic from NYC;2012 Sept 12 DCL Canadian Magic;2013 Aug AKL Kidani;2013 Aug DCL Fantasy

I am Poohtiful and Poohlicious!!!! Have you had your Spanx today???
JoiseyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:24 PM   #12
nana2tots
2Wild4Disney!Nana's 3 Gurls! our License Tags read, DISNEYKD & disnykd2!!!!!!!
Make no mistake, the Tag Fairies do exist. If you have any doubt, ask Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny!

Leader of the Club

LOL, I'm w/ you on that one, i would have to destroy my MIL ,

][/url]
nana2tots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 04:30 PM   #13
daleswife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy03231 View Post
I would have cancelled too. There's no way I would drive to WDW. If I can't fly I wouldn't go.
My DH wont fly and I live 13 hours from Disney. So if we go to Disney we have to drive. its the only way we can go. And I would go anywhere with my MIL. Shes the best.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:11 PM   #14
Crystal824
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader of the Club View Post
Geez, I'd WALK to Disney--as long as a didn't have to go with my MIL!
Amen.
Crystal824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:25 PM   #15
a1tinkfans
Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoiseyMom View Post
My mil has a time share week she has to use. She at first wanted to take them at the end of June..but they have camp. I told her to do the week before...missing the last few days of school doesn't really matter. Well she booked spring break in April. That isn't so bad...it would be crowded..but we have done Xmas..so ok. Well then she tells me that the men would stay home, that they probably wouldn't want to go and they can take care of the pets. Well..I know my fil wouldn't want to go..but my DH her DS, would! But the killer was..she wanted me and her to DRIVE with the kids! OMG!!!

Now...we did this once before..we drove down during Jersey week one year. Her, DH, me and the kids. It was a DISASTER!! MIL was not a happy camper in the car. She booked us the autotrain going home!! And yet she wants to do it again ??

She said I had 24 hours to tell her to cancel or not. Well I cancelled. I would LOVE to go to WDW with the kids...but I want to go with DH too, and I do not want to DRIVE!!!
YOU'RE A SMART LADY!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: