Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2008, 08:47 AM   #1
Abbeysmom
Mouseketeer

Celebration area~ Tips for deciding where to stay~ budget!!

Hi everyone!! We are planning a super-budget trip to Florida in March, couple days at the beach, a couple days split between Universal and Sea World and also 2 full days at Disney. I have been pricing offsite hotels on hotwire and looking for rental homes~ not had any luck with the rental homes every time I find one in our price... it is already gone. I found one on hotwire that says it is inside disney gate in the celebration area~ but I have no idea if that would be good or not. Can anyone give me some tips to make sure we end up with a decent motel.. and not one that we are scared to stay at?
Thanks!!

Last edited by Abbeysmom; 12-15-2008 at 09:09 AM.
Abbeysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:37 PM   #2
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

there is only one hotel in Celebration - the Celebration Hotel.

the others are along US 192 or even worst Old Wilson Lake Road - both are in Kissimmee not Celebration. Despite their names

Celebration world resort
Celebration Radisson

do you know the name of the place?

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2008, 02:48 PM   #3
CarolA

Hasn't been overlooked by the Tag Fairy

What's your budget?

Budget means different things to different people. Giving us a price range let's folks point you in the right direction.

And I am not sure what you are finding on hotwire. They don't have an inside Disney gate area. They have a main gate area and a Lake Buena Vista area. What star rating is it? Sometimes you can go to www.betterbidding.com and identify it from thier listings.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:51 PM   #4
Abbeysmom
Mouseketeer

Nope~ no idea. Since it is hotwire it only gives you the area until you actually book it. I keep looking at it, but I am afraid to hit the button to confirm LOL. I don't want to end up in a bad area and end up spending more money to correct the problem.
thanks for your help!!
Old 12-15-2008, 02:57 PM   #5
Abbeysmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
What's your budget?
We were hoping to spend only about 50 dollars or so (maybe a little more) per night if at all possible while staying there.. essentially a place to shower and sleep.
Quote:
And I am not sure what you are finding on hotwire. They don't have an inside Disney gate area. They have a main gate area and a Lake Buena Vista area. What star rating is it? Sometimes you can go to www.betterbidding.com and identify it from thier listings.
This is what it tells me when I plug in the dates and info on hotwire~
3-star hotel in Disney Main Gate - Celebration Area
Thanks for the help!!
Old 12-15-2008, 03:45 PM   #6
CarolA

Hasn't been overlooked by the Tag Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbeysmom View Post
We were hoping to spend only about 50 dollars or so (maybe a little more) per night if at all possible while staying there.. essentially a place to shower and sleep.

This is what it tells me when I plug in the dates and info on hotwire~
3-star hotel in Disney Main Gate - Celebration Area
Thanks for the help!!
It gives you more then that. It shows you pictures of the features.

Things like Fitness center, resturant etc. What you do is go to Betterbidding.com and look on the Florida board for the hotwire hotel listing. Then you find the Orlando - Disney Main Gate Celebration Area on the list and try to match your features to one on the listing. That MAY give you the hotel you will get, no gurantees.
http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=67&

From the list on betterbidding it could be one of six hotels.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:37 PM   #7
Abbeysmom
Mouseketeer

Thanks Carol~
I appreciate the info!!
Old 12-19-2008, 12:08 PM   #8
M2DD's
DIS Veteran

Just happen to see your post and we just bid on a room for christmas brk on priceline and it was in the celebration area and it called
Ramada Orlando Celebration Hotel & Conference Center
Its a few minutes away from the wide world of sports complex and the All star resort area.
It was listed as a 2 1/2 moderate plus and we got the room for 40$ plus tax and there is no "hidden resort" fees.
HTH
Old 12-21-2008, 04:30 PM   #9
pomlover
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2DD's View Post
Just happen to see your post and we just bid on a room for christmas brk on priceline and it was in the celebration area and it called
Ramada Orlando Celebration Hotel & Conference Center
Its a few minutes away from the wide world of sports complex and the All star resort area.
It was listed as a 2 1/2 moderate plus and we got the room for 40$ plus tax and there is no "hidden resort" fees.
HTH
I recently stayed at this hotel, it's the same one as the 3 star one in Celebration area in Hotwire for around $29-31ish. It was a pretty nice place, but it had no microwave or fridge. I called them and they provide a microwave for $5 a night. Just FYI!

pomlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:57 AM   #10
M2DD's
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomlover View Post
I recently stayed at this hotel, it's the same one as the 3 star one in Celebration area in Hotwire for around $29-31ish. It was a pretty nice place, but it had no microwave or fridge. I called them and they provide a microwave for $5 a night. Just FYI!
Yes, other web sites list at a 3 star. I'm glad you thought it was nice because I'm always a little skeptical after reading all types of reviews on the internet. The pictures on their web site do look nice. I would love to hear more about the hotel if you have time.
TIA
Old 12-26-2008, 06:31 AM   #11
WallE
Mouseketeer

As far as discounted rooms go, I have found www.roomsaver.com to have some ok deals with coupons. It is a hotel dicount coupon book that can be found at restaurants, hotels, etc. I plan on using them for an early arrival for our family's trip in May.

WDW Vacations:
January 2008: All-Star Sports
May 2009: Pop Century
October 2010: Port Orleans FQ
May/June 2012: Caribbean Beach Resort
WallE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 01:46 PM   #12
dgaston
Proudly wears a "Believes in Fairies" t-shirt

I have stayed at the Ramada Celebration Hotel, both recently in July 08 and formerly when it was the Orlando Hyatt for conferences. The bath is unusual -- small shower area, not tub, but worked well for us. I think it is fine for budget trips. I may end up staying there again after our Vero Beach trip in Feb. The public areas are beautiful. I posted a review on this board up above in the Review thread.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:08 PM   #13
Belle & Ariel
DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Ramada Celebration in August through Priceline and had a perfect room. We stayed again in October and the carpet was worn. The bathroom smelled a little musty but it was good for the price paid. I think some buildings have been remodeled but not all. The bedding was very comfy and the new all white where you do not have a nasty bedspread. The rooms are larger than a typical room. The location cannot be beat. It is a completely nonsmoking hotel. The pool areas are very nice.
Most hotels in the $50 range in Kissimmee are not near as nice. You will find worn carpet, bad matresses, dated bathrooms, etc. Many are clean but old and tired.
I think the Ramada is a good choice.
Belle & Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote