Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2008, 11:03 AM   #1
TinkerbellBlue
Earning My Ears

Peg Perego Aria? Also Joovy?

My son will be almost 5 when we go. I do not want to spend a lot on a stroller. I found an Aria for a good price. For those of you who have used it with older children how does it do? My last stroller was Combi and I loved this brand for many years. When son got taller he was very uncomfortable in the Combi and ended up dragging his feet on the ground a lot. It also became hard to seat once he was about 35lbs. I need one that he can sit in and not feel like he is being folded in two and that I can still steer with him being around 45 lbs. Will the Aria work for this. It is also rated for up to 45lbs. Has anyone used it with a heaver child and if so did it still work well? If anyone has the name of one that would be better for me please feel free to pass it on.

Last edited by TinkerbellBlue; 12-14-2008 at 09:16 PM.
TinkerbellBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:02 PM   #2
laughinplace199
AKA Shrimpo or Flamingo Legs

I bought an Aria last year when my DS was 17 mos old. I seem to recall reading the reviews and a lot of people said that it was not good for older children. I think people said it was hard to push with a heavier child in it. I'm sorry I can't give you more info. I love it for DS - it's our perfect WDW stroller, but he was only 20 lbs on our last trip.

Hopefully someone else will come along with more info for you...

laughinplace199 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2008, 12:13 PM   #3
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Maclaren Volo is great for an older child. I got one for my DD-just for Disney- when she was just turned 6. She was a bit small for her age, and she used it for 2 years of Disney trips. It was cheaper than renting (I paid $64 then). We have since had another baby and I loved that Mac so much that I bought a Mac Quest for our newest baby- since it reclines. I still have the Volo put up for when we need it.
It is very lightweight and easy to push even with an older child in it. The Volo holds up to 55 pounds.
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:32 PM   #4
design_mom
I am probably more like my dad than I care to admit
I hate touching raw meat

We had an Aria (2001 model) for our son, but we didn't like it as he became older/heavier.

It became hard to turn -- it was almost like the frame would flex instead of turning. (It never broke... it just felt like it might.) We ended up replacing our Aria with a Combi and were happier with that until he was out of stroller age.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:14 PM   #5
shoppgirl
DIS Veteran

The Aria is harder to push and especially turn when using on a heavier/older child. It is roomy, especially when you remove the front bar, and the child can get in and out like in an umbrella stroller. I don't think the weight limit on the Aria is as high as a Mac. We have the Aria, and even with my 35 lb child, it was hard to steer. I left my Aria at home and bought a Mac Triumph to push the girls in . So easy, even with a 50 lb girl in it! It was comfy enough for her...certainly a lot better than walking, there were no complaints!
Disney Dream Cruise July 2012

Animal Kingdom Lodge May 2013
Disneyland Hotel March 2014
Grand Floridian December 2014
shoppgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 04:36 PM   #6
TinkerbellBlue
Earning My Ears

Thanks I will check out the Mac and see what I can find. I do not want something that is hard to push and turn. I already have one of those.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:18 PM   #7
labdogs42
I managed to wrestle a playhouse to the ground and twisted it into submission

The Aria stinks for bigger/heavier kids. I'd look into a MAc, baby Jogger, or renting from Orlando Stroller rental.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:33 PM   #8
set1208
Mouseketeer

I have a Phil and Teds double sport stroller and I love it. I push two 25lb boys with one hand. You can buy the same stroller as a single, without the second seat. It's the best stroller I have tried. I had the Aria and it was impossible to turn...like the others have posted.

Good Luck
May 2010.....ASMu Mother/Daughter Trip for DD's 10th Birthday
February 2009.....CBR family trip
October 2004.....Pop Century, MNSSHP with me and DD
set1208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:19 PM   #9
TinkerbellBlue
Earning My Ears

O.k. while looking at the Mac strollers I came across a few Joovy strollers. The ad claims it is better than Mac. Anyone use one of these for the heavier child? While I like the Mac the color of the Joovy is great. If they are comparable I would go with the Joovy and get a color I like. If it isn't as good I will go with the Mac Volo.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:05 AM   #10
MamaCoog
Mouseketeer

I have a Joovy Groove for my 2yo son. He is 30 lbs and still has plenty of room to grow. I got mine on Ebay for our Feb 08 WDW trip. I dont have any complaints so far. I can send you pics if needed (I had alot of trouble finding some pics of the Joovy).
MamaCoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:37 AM   #11
TotalSnowWhite
DIS Veteran

We took our Aria for DS3 (36 lbs) last week, and it was great, quick to close, free-standing. I didn't notice any trouble pushing, turning, etc. However, I can see how it might not be so easy with an older child.

We took our Pliko and Cherokee Sport in May for DS(almost)3 and DNiece(almost)6 (after buying a double, deciding against it and reselling it ). The Cherokee Sport was fine for DS, but horrid for DNiece. The Pliko was like a dream with either kid in tow, even with DS in the seat and DNiece standing on the back.

TotalSnowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:34 AM   #12
Melrosgirl
Would win @ hide n seek ;-)
Doin' the tower was a piece of cake!
Let's all have lots of sunny thoughts to try to blow the rain away!!!

We hated our Aria.
Melrosgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:20 PM   #13
lucigo
DIS Veteran

I have a 5yo and did the research and ended up getting a baby planet solo...we are at Disney now and its working really well, and was only $99, pretty good compared to the others (Mac and Joovy). He loves that the hood can come all the way down over him to make a cave. Its not quite as wide as the stroller we had before, but is very sturdy and easy to push. I believe it goes up to 55 lbs.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: