Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2009, 08:44 AM   #121
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
Lollilpops at 10 am is never a good sign!
You're not kiddin'!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:43 AM   #122
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I must confess that I would never be able to be patient while your mom got ready -- I am a get up and go kind of person. I don't even have patience when it comes to waiting on Charles to get ready.

Can I just say it again: I cannot wait to walk to Epcot from my resort this summer!!! Your TR is doing wonders for my resolve.

I am so proud that you are going to try Soarin'. I hate heights, but Soarin' is my favorite ride in Epcot. I could ride it all day long!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2009, 01:49 PM   #123
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I must confess that I would never be able to be patient while your mom got ready -- I am a get up and go kind of person. I don't even have patience when it comes to waiting on Charles to get ready.
The best part was that one of the channels in the room played great, old Disney cartoons with Mickey and the fab five, so HRH was totally entertained. But no joke, at a certain point, he'd be looking around like where's my stroller and let's get out of here.

Quote:
Can I just say it again: I cannot wait to walk to Epcot from my resort this summer!!! Your TR is doing wonders for my resolve.
My evil plans are coming to fruition. Keep CP at the Beach Club.

You will stay at the Beach Club. :::waves Jedi hand:::

Quote:
I am so proud that you are going to try Soarin'. I hate heights, but Soarin' is my favorite ride in Epcot. I could ride it all day long!
I think you'll all be quite proud of me. And HRH.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:02 PM   #124
maroo
DIS Veteran

My friend, I can TOTALLY feel for ya waiting and waiting on folks to get ready! And with people looking perfect before they will go to the parks. Good grief.

I really, really wanted to try Soarin! But we never made it to Epcot...that was our "sick" day... But when we go back...we are SO going there!

Good update!

more, more, more!
Old 01-05-2009, 02:08 PM   #125
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
My friend, I can TOTALLY feel for ya waiting and waiting on folks to get ready! And with people looking perfect before they will go to the parks. Good grief.
I forgot about that with Lauren!

Nothing wrong with wanting to look nice. Hey, I wear makeup in Disney. But it takes me about five minutes. And a quick blow dry to the hair, throw it in a ponytail get dressed and GO GO GO!

I even tried to broach the subject of us meeting up, ie not waiting for each other in September...

how that went over should probably be a whole post on my ptr.

Quote:
I really, really wanted to try Soarin! But we never made it to Epcot...that was our "sick" day... But when we go back...we are SO going there!
I think you'd love it.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:18 PM   #126
myrsfmly
DIS Veteran

I got so sick of waiting for my teen DDs last year that I started leaving them in front of the mirror every morning while DD4 and I would go and make the rope drop... it drove me crazy!

I couldn't have just left my mom though... the drama wouldn't have been worth it...

I hope you loved Soarin'!

Old 01-05-2009, 02:21 PM   #127
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrsfmly View Post
I got so sick of waiting for my teen DDs last year that I started leaving them in front of the mirror every morning while DD4 and I would go and make the rope drop... it drove me crazy!

I couldn't have just left my mom though... the drama wouldn't have been worth it...
I totally, totally understand.

Belive me.

There's a lot of "It's a FAMILY trip." As in must do things together. Except when I insist on eating places that Mom and Nana would not dare venture. Hee hee. All part of the master plan.

And I don't mean to sound so maniacal. I do love them, but seriously, you should never spend every waking second with anyone in your group on vacation. It's just too much.

Quote:
I hope you loved Soarin'!
Old 01-05-2009, 09:49 PM   #128
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Oh, I am nervously awaiting the next update---hoping that HRH can make it through the day okay!!!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 01-06-2009, 06:49 AM   #129
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Oh, I am nervously awaiting the next update---hoping that HRH can make it through the day okay!!!
Well, it sure was interesting, I can say that much.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:08 AM   #130
Lcaemom
DIS Veteran

Hi there...just jumping in. I've only gotten to the slipper part on page ?2. But, I am right there with you on that...there is NOTHING like a good pair of slippers after a day at the parks!!! We were there at the same time as you. Looking forward to catching up with the rest of your report!
TR: Our first family of 6 trip, including a proposal on 12/12/12 at 12:12 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post46997114
PTR: Our first family of 6 Christmas Vacation Dec 2012!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3015456
Old 01-06-2009, 11:38 AM   #131
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcaemom View Post
Hi there...just jumping in. I've only gotten to the slipper part on page ?2. But, I am right there with you on that...there is NOTHING like a good pair of slippers after a day at the parks!!! We were there at the same time as you. Looking forward to catching up with the rest of your report!
Hi!

And

Thanks so much for jumping right in! Didn't you love seeing all the parks and hotels decorated for the holidays? So beautiful!
Old 01-06-2009, 12:12 PM   #132
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

I'm finally all caught up!! So I learn a lot of lessons about parenting while reading these TRs and your advice would be to bring DumDums to Disney with me GOTCHA LOL!!!!

How exciting that you and HRH got to ride Soarin...can't wait to hear all about that.

The one good thing about this solo trip...I'm not going to have to wait on anyone in the mornings and that is a good thing because I'm a morning person while my Prince is not LOL!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 01-06-2009, 12:19 PM   #133
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I'm finally all caught up!! So I learn a lot of lessons about parenting while reading these TRs and your advice would be to bring DumDums to Disney with me GOTCHA LOL!!!!
It just so happens that this is one of HRH's little pleasures. That boy loves him a good lollipop. And there's now way I'm going to buy him one the size of his head. He never, ever finishes those. So Dum Dums it is! Plus they have great flavors.

Quote:
The one good thing about this solo trip...I'm not going to have to wait on anyone in the mornings and that is a good thing because I'm a morning person while my Prince is not LOL!!!
That's so nice!
Old 01-08-2009, 06:55 AM   #134
Lcaemom
DIS Veteran

I'm FINALLY caught up with your TR...love it!!! When you write, I can truly envision the scene...your first day seemed so magical!!! I could really feel how you felt...maybe because I had that same feeling. The Osborne lights were amazing. That day was just perfect weather-wise. I don't know if there is anything better than Disney at Christmas. I also need to make a ressie at Hollywood Brown Derby...sounds YUMMO!!! Well, can't wait to read more...and see if we cross paths, at some point. On Dec 7th, also our day #2, we started at MK, and ended up at Epcot for dinner, and Illuminations. I'm thinking that your DS probably didn't make it to Illuminations if he was up at 5:30am but, you never know. Could you really watch Illuminations from your room? Wow!!! No need to worry about DS if that was the case.
TR: Our first family of 6 trip, including a proposal on 12/12/12 at 12:12 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post46997114
PTR: Our first family of 6 Christmas Vacation Dec 2012!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3015456
Old 01-08-2009, 06:23 PM   #135
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcaemom View Post
I'm FINALLY caught up with your TR...love it!!! When you write, I can truly envision the scene...your first day seemed so magical!!! I could really feel how you felt...maybe because I had that same feeling. The Osborne lights were amazing. That day was just perfect weather-wise. I don't know if there is anything better than Disney at Christmas. I also need to make a ressie at Hollywood Brown Derby...sounds YUMMO!!! Well, can't wait to read more...and see if we cross paths, at some point. On Dec 7th, also our day #2, we started at MK, and ended up at Epcot for dinner, and Illuminations. I'm thinking that your DS probably didn't make it to Illuminations if he was up at 5:30am but, you never know. Could you really watch Illuminations from your room? Wow!!! No need to worry about DS if that was the case.
First of all, thank you SO much for the wonderful compliments on my writing! It warms my heart to think I can really bring you there with me.

Second, oh my goodness! If you were in Epcot that day / night, it is HIGHLY probably that I could have walked past you at any point. A little spoiler for everyone, but we were in Epcot all day long. And for a good portion of the evening. Isn't that funny?

I'm hoping to update again this weekend, I hope you enjoy it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: