Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2008, 09:05 AM   #106
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
What a magical night! How could you go wrong with your Capt. Jack?
Hon, I love the new Lapuette link in your siggie! Too cute!
Old 12-30-2008, 09:24 AM   #107
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Hon, I love the new Lapuette link in your siggie! Too cute!
I thought it was fitting!

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2008, 10:14 AM   #108
myrsfmly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
But he kept curling up into these positions that made it really difficult to undress / redress him. It was kind of funny. I ended up taking a few pictures that will never, ever get posted on here. There may have been a naked bottom involved.
Even their bottoms are cuter in Disney!

Great Update!

Old 12-30-2008, 01:36 PM   #109
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrsfmly View Post
Even their bottoms are cuter in Disney!

Great Update!
So darn cute, that little patoot!
Old 12-30-2008, 09:09 PM   #110
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Love this DAY!!!! Sounds like such a great way to start out the vaca!!! Gotta love those boat rides---we had so much fun the year we stayed at BWV riding the boats back and forth---still some of our favorite moments--those WACKY Captains!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 12-31-2008, 05:29 AM   #111
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Love this DAY!!!! Sounds like such a great way to start out the vaca!!! Gotta love those boat rides---we had so much fun the year we stayed at BWV riding the boats back and forth---still some of our favorite moments--those WACKY Captains!
They can be very entertaining! One time I had one who did a whole bunch of Disney trivia on our way over. I answered almost all of it, and they wanted to know if I was a cast member! No, just a geek.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:02 AM   #112
KeepSwimmingDory
DIS Veteran

Quote:

When I was finally ready to go to bed, I took him out and get him dressed in his jams and overnight diaper. Which was no mean feat. I mean, he didn't wake up. At all. Which I was grateful for! But he kept curling up into these positions that made it really difficult to undress / redress him. It was kind of funny. I ended up taking a few pictures that will never, ever get posted on here. There may have been a naked bottom involved.

Up next - Day Two
Omg this brought back funny memories of twin DS14 from when he was little. He did the very thing you describe if he fell asleep and it was quite the challenge to get a dry diaper on him. It was comical and a fun memory to relive through your report.

Love the pictures! What a great story about Captain Jack. That's why we keep going back. All the magical moments that involve people going out of their way to be nice are so wonderful to hear about.

Thanks for sharing all of it in such an entertaining way!

Old 01-01-2009, 09:14 AM   #113
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Quote:

When I was finally ready to go to bed, I took him out and get him dressed in his jams and overnight diaper. Which was no mean feat. I mean, he didn't wake up. At all. Which I was grateful for! But he kept curling up into these positions that made it really difficult to undress / redress him. It was kind of funny. I ended up taking a few pictures that will never, ever get posted on here. There may have been a naked bottom involved.

Up next - Day Two
I too have tried to get my dd ready for bed this way. Some of the positions they move into. As always another great update TK. Looking forward to the next installment.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:17 AM   #114
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepSwimmingDory View Post
Omg this brought back funny memories of twin DS14 from when he was little. He did the very thing you describe if he fell asleep and it was quite the challenge to get a dry diaper on him. It was comical and a fun memory to relive through your report.

Love the pictures! What a great story about Captain Jack. That's why we keep going back. All the magical moments that involve people going out of their way to be nice are so wonderful to hear about.

Thanks for sharing all of it in such an entertaining way!
I'm glad I was able to bring back that funny memory for you! It's amazing to me the way they twist and contort those little bodies until you cannot possibly get a diaper or jams on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
I too have tried to get my dd ready for bed this way. Some of the positions they move into. As always another great update TK. Looking forward to the next installment.
Glad you enjoyed it!
Old 01-04-2009, 05:13 PM   #115
TarzansKat

Royal Discourse Seven - The Royal Alarm

As in, the royal wake up call.

You know the one that was specifically for TK and for TK alone. Because the sleeping arrangements were such that I got the joy of sharing my bed with my little nugget.

Who decided, on Sunday, December 7th, that a fine time to wake up would be 530 am.

And I mean awake.

Wide awake.

I believe I may have sighed a bit, and then gotten up. I knew my lot on this trip. I knew it was all TK all the time. I got it. So we headed off to the bathroom and I got HRH his royal bath. This is pretty much the pattern that we'd follow for the rest of the trip. I'd wake up fairly exhausted at whatever time HRH decided was the time to get up, give him his bath, and then get myself ready.

And then we'd wait. Not that Mom and Nana sleep late, just that Mom takes a long time to get ready.

Because she's a very pretty lady. And always, always looks impeccable. And I don't mean that in a bad way. That is just my mom. And you know that when you go on a trip with her, especially if you're staying the same room. And sometimes, even if you're not. Stay tuned for my Sept - Oct 09 trip, and I'm sure you'll get a glimpse of that.

So after everyone was neat and pretty, it was time to get on with the show.

An aside before we leave the Yacht Club and get ready to WALK ( ) to Epcot. I gave HRH Pop Tarts for breakfast. Do you all remember from my pre trip report about the wide variety of food items I had for him? How I was so worried about not having a selection to satisfy his royal palette?

What. A. Waste.

Honestly. That child barely ate anything I brought.

Well, except the lollipops. Which were mostly reserved for dire circumstances.

I believe he may have eaten the icing off the Pop Tarts. Pure sugar, breakfast of champions.

So we really, really enjoy our walk to Epcot. It had been so long since I stayed in the Epcot resort area. I know that we can balk at the price all we want, just like I debated whether or not to stay at the Wilderness Lodge this past September, and let me tell you. You cannot beat proximity to a park, and you can't put a price tag on it. It's amazing. Ah-may-zing! Dah-ling! (Just to make it royal.)

Anyway, I took some photos along the way, so here you go.

It was so nice to take pictures at a leisurely pace. One of the benefits of Mom and Nana is that unless there's an ADR planned, they won't rush.

I loved this globe! Got to pass it on the way to our room, and I just thought it was amazing.

I may be with the ladies, but I'm still a pirate.

Now Mom and I decided on our way in the International Gateway that it just wasn't worth the effort to try to get the passes applied to an annual even though she and Nana were able to do it successfully before. Quite frankly, neither one of us wanted the hassle of the previous evening, so I just used the one day passes we had.

Now before we got in, we had to go through security and do the bag check, as always. And HRH was a bit of pip.

Okay, more than a bit.

And it was early morning.

Oh boy.

So the gentleman who checked our bags was so great, talking to him, and said, "Who got you up so early to come to the park today?"

To which my son, who had woken ME up at 530 replied, "Mama did it." Just like that. Matter of fact. I couldn't help but laugh as I explained who really did the waking. Writing "did the waking" reminds me of Jack in the first POTC. Except HRH didn't buy me any rum to counter it.

As we head in, Mom has already gone to the shop to rent the ECV for Nana. They get the regular briefing, and Nana's used one before, so it's nothing new. Now, HRH is being a ROYAL pip.

A pip who needed to get a lollipop, stat.

So I took out a nice little Dum Dum lollipop (those are smaller, in case you were wondering why the Dum Dum brand) and handed it to him.

This was probably before 1000am. It may have even been around 930, dear friends. And already I was desperate. You can see how well this day is boding, eh?

Now, Mom has one major priority in the way of rides, and that's Soarin'. It's one of her favorites. So we headed over to the Land first thing to score some fastpasses. Our return was for 1135.

Yes, I said "our."

I'd never been on Soarin'. I'm deathly afraid of heights, hence the lack of bravery there. But I decided (once I measured HRH against the height stick to make sure) that I was going to go on. And he was going to go on. It would be something special, something we'd be doing for the first time, and something that only belonged to this trip.

Because although I'm a pirate, I am a sentimental one.

Now HRH was hungry (who's surprised) and we were in the Land, so we decided to head on over and grab some breakfast. At this point, I was starving, and glad that he was too. Anyone recall the camel comment? Well, anyway, here's what we got.

This is some type of Asian Spice Cake. It had a heavy ginger flavor to it, and was covered in a really nice chocolate ganache. This was actually HRH's pick for breakfast. (Sorry about the photo. You really can't tell a toddler, stop I need a pic for the DIS )

I picked this Cinnamon Bun. Because I knew for a fact there was no way that HRH was going to eat that Asian Spice Cake in its entirety. And I was right. About halfway through, he was pretty much done with that, and moved on to my cinnamon bun. Cheers to TK, everybody was happy! (I finished the spice cake, btw.)

Nana's Blueberry Muffin. I believe she enjoyed this. Honestly, we were all just looking for a little something to nosh on and get some fuel for the day. I believe Mom had Hot Chocolate.

With food in our bellies, and time to kill before our fastpasses were due, it was time to go out an explore Epcot.

Up next - Where did the royal caravan lead?
Old 01-04-2009, 06:37 PM   #116
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

You could have gotten a nap in from the time you got woken up to when you left the YC.

I no longer pack tons of snacks for Disney...or any trip for that matter. But I never leave the house without a bag of fishy crackers!

Old 01-04-2009, 06:41 PM   #117
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
You could have gotten a nap in from the time you got woken up to when you left the YC.
You know, that's probably true.

Quote:
I no longer pack tons of snacks for Disney...or any trip for that matter. But I never leave the house without a bag of fishy crackers!
You remind me, we haven't had goldfish crackers in a while, and HRH loves those! Something to keep stored away for the next shopping trip.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:35 AM   #118
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Yikes! Somehow I was behind two updates! What a nice surprise for me this morning as I am DIS'ing and trying to deny that I need to leave for work very soon.

The end of your night at DHS sounds divine. I love the Minnettes... I didn't see them. Too cute. And the blinged stroller is a great idea! I'm sure HRH is really going to appreciate the naked bottom shots when you're showing them to his future girlfriend.

Illuminations from your room??? Had you made a specific room/view request?

5:30 am.... ugh.

I'm all about the breakfast of champions on vacation!

You're right... you totally cannot put a price on the ability to walk into Epcot. As amazing as you said it was and then some.

Can't wait to hear what you and HRH thought about Soarin!!!

Old 01-05-2009, 06:22 AM   #119
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Yikes! Somehow I was behind two updates! What a nice surprise for me this morning as I am DIS'ing and trying to deny that I need to leave for work very soon.
Ah work. Can't we all just get paid to DIS?

Quote:
The end of your night at DHS sounds divine. I love the Minnettes... I didn't see them. Too cute. And the blinged stroller is a great idea! I'm sure HRH is really going to appreciate the naked bottom shots when you're showing them to his future girlfriend.
The blinged stroller was so easy to find, it was great.

And I'm sure those shots will come in handy in the future. Blackmail, anyone?

Quote:
Illuminations from your room??? Had you made a specific room/view request?
The only thing we requested was when we got there. Mom specifically asked to be closer to the boat dock for Nana, so she wouldn't have to do too much walking. I'm not sure if I took a picture of where I room was facing the Yacht Club...but I bet if I ask my mother, I could give you the number.

Quote:
5:30 am.... ugh.
Seriously.

Quote:
Can't wait to hear what you and HRH thought about Soarin!!!
That's coming up soon!
Old 01-05-2009, 07:40 AM   #120
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Lollilpops at 10 am is never a good sign!

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: