Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2008, 10:35 AM   #91
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
wow...how beautiful!!!

I want to be 5!

Count me in!

might just have to plan me a Christmas trip one year to see the lights.
I think it's worth it to do at least once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I wanna be 5 too!

The lights are amazing. Incredible. And the dancing. It's incredible.

Was it crowded the night you visited? One night I was there we were crammed in like sardines!
It was definitely crowded. Being that it was a Saturday, I think we had a lot of local people in addition to those who were vacationing, and it made for some tight quarters. But it wasn't the worst crowds I saw on the trip, oddly enough. So I never even had a panic attack. Plus, I was in a great mood. When the claustrophobia hit, I had had a DAY. That's just a little something for you all to look forward to.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:29 PM   #92
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

My dear TK---I have learned two things today as I sit and read your last two updates that I have to catch up on:

1. NEVER read a TK update about a meal WITH FOOD ART included on an empty stomach!!!!! VERY bad decision on my part---I am sure I have salivated right onto my laptop!

2. The Osborne Lights are enough reason for me to go back again in November or December!!! I knew you would love them---I knew you would have the same exact reaction I had to them last year!!! I JUST KNEW IT!!!! But I did not know that hearing about them again and all their glory and seeing them in the pictures, would instill in me a HUGE desire to go back for the sheer purpose of seeing them!!! ;o)

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2008, 09:21 AM   #93
2ScottishPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Hi TK, loving the report so far. Those picies of the lights are gorgeous . Hope you're all well and thriving
Old 12-29-2008, 09:55 AM   #94
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
My dear TK---I have learned two things today as I sit and read your last two updates that I have to catch up on:

1. NEVER read a TK update about a meal WITH FOOD ART included on an empty stomach!!!!! VERY bad decision on my part---I am sure I have salivated right onto my laptop!
Hee hee. I had to learn that the hard way, too. Never, ever read a food review on the DIS when you're hungry. Honsetly, even when I'm not hungry, oh my goodness, some of the art just gets to me.

Quote:
2. The Osborne Lights are enough reason for me to go back again in November or December!!! I knew you would love them---I knew you would have the same exact reaction I had to them last year!!! I JUST KNEW IT!!!! But I did not know that hearing about them again and all their glory and seeing them in the pictures, would instill in me a HUGE desire to go back for the sheer purpose of seeing them!!! ;o)
I don't know if I'll ever go at that time of year again. I'm a HUGE fan of going during off season, like September. I love fall in Disney. But I can't deny that the holiday spirit was magical, and the Osbourne Lights was...yeah, I think it was my favorite thing on the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ScottishPrincesses View Post
Hi TK, loving the report so far. Those picies of the lights are gorgeous . Hope you're all well and thriving
Hey, 2SP! Hope you and your family are doing well! Glad you're enjoying the report.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:59 AM   #95
trixiequilts
DIS Veteran

I know nothing about The Lights, but I NEVER imagined them to be like that! Holy carp!

My Trips: January 2009, October 2010, August 2011, February 2012, December 2012, November 2013, May 2014.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:12 AM   #96
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiequilts View Post
I know nothing about The Lights, but I NEVER imagined them to be like that! Holy carp!
It was really quite amazing.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:31 AM   #97
TarzansKat

Royal Discourse Six - The Royal Bedchamber Calls

Well, as all good things must come to an end, so must this night at the World. I could have stayed watching The Osbourne Lights forever. But it had been a long day, and we had a whole weekend ahead of us.

Now, at one point during our stay in the land of light, HRH got really tired. And I could tell he'd just hit the point where he was done. So I let him recline in his stroller, and walked up and down the street as best I could, and in less than five minutes, he was out.

So as we decided to walk out, we were able to take our time, because HRH was sleeping. Mom and I wanted to stop in one of our favorite MGM shops. I believe its called Keystone Clothiers, but I'm not sure. I could be making that up. At any rate, it's on a corner, and it usually has a great assortment of women's clothing.

Well, there were a combination of things working against us this evening. See, all the cold Floridians were walking around in their sweatshirts. TK, the New Englander? Not so much. I had a tee on and I was very comfortable. Honestly I think it was in the upper 60s low 70s that night. So when we walked into that store, we were hit with a blast of hot air so unbelievably warm it was stifling. That and all the other people packing in there, and Mom and I just weren't feeling it.

Ah well. There's always next year.

Now we did stop and take some pictures on our walk out.

We fondly called these the Minettes. They were doing a little can can.

I totally forgot about this! We blinged out HRH's stroller. I had wanted to do battery operated Christmas lights, but couldn't find any. Let me tell you though, that gold garland was awesome for finding that stroller when we parked it!

When we took a look at the boat dock, we knew we were going to have a wait. The line was LONG. But I really didn't care. I had that whole it is what it is mentality going on and I was in love with having seen those lights. In short, all was good in my world. That and the sleeping toddler, and I could have waited...well, not forever, but you get the idea.

I chatted up a lovely family behind us in a line for a while. They had three girls, and were local, about an hour or two away and had just come for the weekend as well. The girls were very sweet. I remember how nice they were, what a great little family.

We got on the second boat that came, which was fine by me. I didn't consider it to be too bad.

Now we had an entertaining crew, let me tell you. And I just about died when the first mate introduced himself and the captain. "I'm blah blah blah, and this is Captain Jack."

Ba da bum.

No joke, the captain's name was Jack.

You can call a trip royal, but no matter what you do, the pirate just gravitates to this girl, savvy?

They were a great crew, telling lots of jokes, and discovering someone with happy birthday button in the front row. You can imagine what happened next, right? The whole boat sang Happy Birthday to Jennifer. It was so much fun. I don't remember the last time I had that much fun on a boat. Seriously, it's that kind of attitude that is the embodiment of Disney. Keeping people entertained even when you don't have to. When you could have just silently steered that ship, only announcing when you were dropping people off, and instead, they made it fun. It passed the time. And before I knew it, we were back at the Yacht Club, and ready to make our way to the room.

On the way back, we passed the great little set up they have for movies on the beach. How cool is that?

On our way back to the room we stop at the gift shop to get drinks. I pay for mine. I know Mom and Nana will cover everything if I let them, but I really wanted to do some things for myself, if that makes any sense. We decide we're too tired to shop, and we'll go later.

We get back to the room absolutely pooped, and all the ladies slip into...well, their slippers! Let me tell you, it was wonderful to have a pair of slippers to put on my feet at the end of every day. Just heaven. I may have already said that, but in case you weren't paying attention.

Eventually we heard a bit of a ruckus, and discovered that we could see Illuminations from our room! SCORE!

Seriously?

How lucky am I? Wishes from my Wilderness Lodge room in September, and now Illuminations from my Yacht Club room in December? Count me grateful. HRH slept through the whole thing. We spent a good bit of time getting everything unpacked, during which I left HRH in the stroller.

When I was finally ready to go to bed, I took him out and get him dressed in his jams and overnight diaper. Which was no mean feat. I mean, he didn't wake up. At all. Which I was grateful for! But he kept curling up into these positions that made it really difficult to undress / redress him. It was kind of funny. I ended up taking a few pictures that will never, ever get posted on here. There may have been a naked bottom involved.

Up next - Day Two
Old 12-30-2008, 07:46 AM   #98
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a lovely exit. I love those relaxing endings to Disney Days. I also love boats but you already knew that. Your boat ride reminds me of the ride we had on our last night, it was so much fun!
Old 12-30-2008, 07:47 AM   #99
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Lovin' the stroller bling! Too cute!

Okay, here is my question for you -- the boats from DHS to YC/BC -- I read that they were really claustrophobic and get really hot -- is that true? Because I have a fear of being trapped in a sweltering boat packed with tons of people. Not really a fear, perhaps, but a concern.

Illuminations from your room??? Seriously??? Okay, that one is definitely a plus!
Old 12-30-2008, 07:47 AM   #100
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Sounds like a lovely exit. I love those relaxing endings to Disney Days. I also love boats but you already knew that. Your boat ride reminds me of the ride we had on our last night, it was so much fun!
I hate to be a killjoy, but...

this was really the best night of the whole trip. I don't want you all to think I didn't have any fun on the rest of it, because I did, but this was by far, the best.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:50 AM   #101
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Lovin' the stroller bling! Too cute!
Thanks!

Quote:
Okay, here is my question for you -- the boats from DHS to YC/BC -- I read that they were really claustrophobic and get really hot -- is that true? Because I have a fear of being trapped in a sweltering boat packed with tons of people. Not really a fear, perhaps, but a concern.
I understand how people could feel claustrophobic, because they really do pack them in. I didn't have any panic attacks though, and I really attribute that to the great atmosphere. My first ride over, I had a great chat with another mom and some other friendly people, so that really took my mind off it. Then on the way back, it was packed, but our captain and first mate were so entertaining, I didn't have time to think about it.

Now, I didn't notice it being warm. But I think June is going to be a lot different, so it is possible you could be a bit hot on there.

Honestly, though? Don't worry about it. It's really quite an enjoyable ride.

Quote:
Illuminations from your room??? Seriously??? Okay, that one is definitely a plus!
And, hon, if you can't see it from your room, you can easily walk out to the boat dock or promenade and see it from there. You're going to love it.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:57 AM   #102
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Oh sweet end to your day TK!! That is awesome!!! I'm seriously thinking I'm going to have to stay at an EPCOT resort one of these days....going to need to save for awhile...but it sounds so nice!!

I love the Miniettes...they were so cute!! And kudos on the stroller bling!!

Of course the captain's name was Jack..could it be anything else with this magical night of yours!!!!!

Great update...can't wait to hear more!!!!!!!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 12-30-2008, 08:00 AM   #103
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
I understand how people could feel claustrophobic, because they really do pack them in. I didn't have any panic attacks though, and I really attribute that to the great atmosphere. My first ride over, I had a great chat with another mom and some other friendly people, so that really took my mind off it. Then on the way back, it was packed, but our captain and first mate were so entertaining, I didn't have time to think about it.

Now, I didn't notice it being warm. But I think June is going to be a lot different, so it is possible you could be a bit hot on there.

Okay, I'll try not to worry about it.

Honestly, though? Don't worry about it. It's really quite an enjoyable ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
And, hon, if you can't see it from your room, you can easily walk out to the boat dock or promenade and see it from there. You're going to love it.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:03 AM   #104
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Oh sweet end to your day TK!! That is awesome!!! I'm seriously thinking I'm going to have to stay at an EPCOT resort one of these days....going to need to save for awhile...but it sounds so nice!!

I love the Miniettes...they were so cute!! And kudos on the stroller bling!!

Of course the captain's name was Jack..could it be anything else with this magical night of yours!!!!!

Great update...can't wait to hear more!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you! It was a very magical night indeed. I could not believe when he made the Captain Jack joke. First thought was this is so going on the DIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post

Yeah, don't worry about it at all. I'm sure it depends on time of day and a whole bunch of other factors too. I mean, keep in mind, this was a Saturday, and everyone was headed to MGM to see the lights, so it was very, very busy.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:40 AM   #105
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

What a magical night! How could you go wrong with your Capt. Jack?

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: