Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2008, 07:58 PM   #31
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacybaeasm View Post
Wait. A new trip report? Did I miss the ending of the last one? I have GOT to start spending more time on the Dis. Never thought I'd say that. Can't wait to hear more!
No, technically the last one hasn't ended yet.

Yes.

I am writing two simultaneously.

Apparently, I need to spend LESS time on the DIS.

And,

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepSwimmingDory View Post
Can't wait to read more about your trip!
And thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leleluvsdis View Post
Loving your TR...I SOOOO loved your PTR!!!! Looking forward to the rest of your trip!!!
Thank you so much!
Old 12-15-2008, 09:36 PM   #32
maroo
DIS Veteran

Yeah!! You started...

where was I? working I guess...actually working. who knew?

Wonderful start! Your Mom and Nana sound so nice! I don't know if you know how lucky you are to have such a great relationship with them...to be able to share Disney...or anything for that matter...really something to be treasured (and I think you do!)

I need to remember my slippers the next time I go to the world!

The only shoes I ever found that work are these tennis shoes I bought at a shoe store that helps you pick out the right ones...they "fit" you in a tennis shoe. They watch your stride as you walk...check your arch...etc. Really do a complete fit! Normally for running...but for me...it helps in just walking around Disney!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-16-2008, 03:53 PM   #33
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
Wonderful start! Your Mom and Nana sound so nice! I don't know if you know how lucky you are to have such a great relationship with them...to be able to share Disney...or anything for that matter...really something to be treasured (and I think you do!)
It was one of the deciding factors in my decision to go. Despite whatever difficulties I faced with my son...or them... ...I knew that I would regret it if I didn't go. Because time is precious and short. You just never know.

Quote:
I need to remember my slippers the next time I go to the world!
I HIGHLY recommend bringing some. And I'm a walking around barefoot kind of gal, but it was soooo nice to have slippers on at the hotel room. It just felt great on my feet at the end of the day.

Quote:
The only shoes I ever found that work are these tennis shoes I bought at a shoe store that helps you pick out the right ones...they "fit" you in a tennis shoe. They watch your stride as you walk...check your arch...etc. Really do a complete fit! Normally for running...but for me...it helps in just walking around Disney!
Wow, that sounds awesome. I would love to do something like that.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:14 PM   #34
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Hey----I'm here!!!! I'm late and I have LOTS of catchin' up to do, but at least I'M HERE!!!!! Love ya girl!!! I will go back and do some reading----will catch up to you when I'm done!!!! Can't wait to read all about it!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 12-17-2008, 05:31 AM   #35
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Hey----I'm here!!!! I'm late and I have LOTS of catchin' up to do, but at least I'M HERE!!!!! Love ya girl!!! I will go back and do some reading----will catch up to you when I'm done!!!! Can't wait to read all about it!
Hey! Glad you're here. Take your time, it's not that long...yet!
Old 12-18-2008, 04:44 PM   #36
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

I'm late...I'm sorry TK I just now noticed the new link in your siggy over on the Laupette forum and then I got all excited...ANOTHER TR YAY!!! Wow the Yatch Club looks amazing and your pictures are just stunning!! I really can't wait to hear more about the rest of your holiday trip, you have me intrigued!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 12-18-2008, 05:57 PM   #37
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I'm late...I'm sorry TK I just now noticed the new link in your siggy over on the Laupette forum and then I got all excited...ANOTHER TR YAY!!!
Hon, you're "fashionably" late, okay?

Remember, this is a royal report, and according to the Princess Diaries, "a queen is never late...everyone else is simply early."

Quote:
Wow the Yatch Club looks amazing and your pictures are just stunning!! I really can't wait to hear more about the rest of your holiday trip, you have me intrigued!
Thanks! I'm hoping to post another chapter this weekend sometime.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:41 PM   #38
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

As always you are off to a great start. Looking forward to reading the rest of it. I hate that I can only Dis on Saturdays. I always have so much to catch up on.

Old 12-20-2008, 04:01 PM   #39
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
As always you are off to a great start. Looking forward to reading the rest of it. I hate that I can only Dis on Saturdays. I always have so much to catch up on.
Thanks, glad you like it!

Bummer about only being able to DIS on the weekend. I find it's a great way for me to unwind some days, you know?
Old 12-20-2008, 04:33 PM   #40
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Thanks, glad you like it!

Bummer about only being able to DIS on the weekend. I find it's a great way for me to unwind some days, you know?
I know and as I said on the Laupette board hopefully soon we can get a laptop. Then at least I can dis in the evenings while my dd is playing. Right now we only have a computer upstairs in our office and her toys and the tv are downstairs.

Old 12-20-2008, 11:23 PM   #41
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Okay---all caught up.......you may now continue on with your TR.......you were waiting for me, weren't you?!?!?!?!?! ;o)

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 12-21-2008, 05:24 AM   #42
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
I know and as I said on the Laupette board hopefully soon we can get a laptop. Then at least I can dis in the evenings while my dd is playing. Right now we only have a computer upstairs in our office and her toys and the tv are downstairs.
Fingers crossed on the laptop!

I'm fortunate in that our computer is in our living room in a nice little armoire, so it can easily be hidden from view when we entertain. And we have a little niche in the living room since we're on the second floor, and although our Christmas tree is there right now, typically, that's HRH's play area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Okay---all caught up.......you may now continue on with your TR.......you were waiting for me, weren't you?!?!?!?!?! ;o)
But of course, my dear!
Old 12-21-2008, 06:07 AM   #43
TarzansKat

Royal Discourse - Three - "A Queen Is Never Late...Everyone Else Is Simply Early."

So after I rush and throw myself and HRH together, we get ready to book it to MGM. Whereupon I have the brilliant idea to try using a different exit to get to the boat dock. It actually turned out to be a very good idea, because going back through the lobby would have involved a lot more walking for Nana.

Now at this point in the trip, I was still really excited, even though I was a bit tired. It's that first day high. It only happens on the first day because you have your whole trip ahead of you and all those possibilities. Well, for the most part.

When you don't have lots of stuff scheduled that you may just feel the need to rebel against.

But where are my royal manners?

On our way to MGM, I took a few pictures for you all, of course, just to give you an idea of what we were looking at while we waited for the boat to arrive.

You didn't think just because this trip report was royal there wouldn't be some pirate in it, savvy?

Now, it was really, really busy on the dock and it seemed like EVERYONE was heading to MGM. Osbourne Lights, anyone? We did manage to get on the first boat, but it was standing room only. Fortunately there was one seat for Nana to take, and we suggested she sit.

Very nicely. And unobtrusively. So that some...um...younger person wouldn't take the seat before her.

Savvy?

Because on a side note, that woman will keep going until she's about ready to drop. So we like to make sure that doesn't happen.

So off to MGM we go, chatting with some very nice families on our way. Now because it was a weekend, I did notice a lot of local people coming up just for the weekend. Most from Florida, an hour or two away. I felt this was just a good mental note to have for the future. Floridians with annual passes like to see the holiday decorations on the weekends. Don't know why that didn't occur to me before we left, but it makes perfect sense now.

Now, we had a lot of one day passes, and the hope was that we would be able to apply them to an annual pass for me. And before all you naysayers chime in with the non-transferable non-refundable bit, let me just tell you, Mom and Nana have done this before.

And we were almost able to. Until we got the one knowledgeable CM who came over to help our not so knowledgeable CM. She took one look at my Mom and me and said, you can't give her your passes. They're non-transferable. Okay, we're totally aware and not trying to scam the system, but we've done this before.

No. Dice.

And that would be how TK did not purchase an annual pass. So for the rest of the trip, I used the one day passes that we had, and didn't throw down the cash on an annual. Just. Not. Worth. It.

Well, that took up a good chunk of time, never mind with getting there. Now tonight since we didn't plan to be in the park that long (it was around 530 I believe at this point) we did not get an ECV for Nana. The whole goal this evening was to eat dinner at the Brown Derby and see the Osbourne Lights.

That's it.

And they were fine goals, to be sure.

We eventually arrived at the Derby. I'm not sure if we were late. If we were, it was only by a few minutes and it didn't matter.

Because we waited.

And waited.

And waited to be seated. Let's just say it was busy. Busy like I haven't seen busy at Disney World in so long. Oh, how I am spoiled by September and hurricane season.

And while we waited, I took some pictures, and tried to keep HRH entertained.

Taking pictures was the easy part. Keeping HRH entertained? Not so much. He was tired. And hungry. Quite frankly, so was I. And it was a bad combination. One you would think we'd learn to assess quickly on the trip, but no. No, no. A little royal drama for you.

Which involved HRH actually laying down on the floor in the Derby at one point. And all I could think was ewwwww.....

and then I did what any mother would do. I sat down on the floor, took out his race cars and distracted him.

Do you know how many people walk across that floor?

Ah well. At least I was entertaining His Royal Highness.

Up next - Royal Food Art
Old 12-21-2008, 07:12 AM   #44
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Whew! I am finally here. Sorry it took me so long to get over here, TK, but I am so glad I am finally here.

I hope the lip incident on the plane is the only injury on your trip.

The Christmas decorations at the Yacht Club are delightful. I would love to do Disney at Christmas again at some point.

The views from the dock are great! I can't wait to be there in just under six months.

Looking forward to hearing about your meal at Brown Derby.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:18 AM   #45
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Whew! I am finally here. Sorry it took me so long to get over here, TK, but I am so glad I am finally here.
I'm glad you're here, too! I figured you must have been crazy busy with the semester coming to a close.

Quote:
I hope the lip incident on the plane is the only injury on your trip.
I'm pretty sure it is. Well, if there were any others, they didn't involve blood, that's for sure!

Quote:
The Christmas decorations at the Yacht Club are delightful. I would love to do Disney at Christmas again at some point.

The views from the dock are great! I can't wait to be there in just under six months.
I thought of you a lot when we would pass by the Beach Club. I did a little reconnaisance work for you, but not until later in the trip.

Quote:
Looking forward to hearing about your meal at Brown Derby.
One word: NOM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: