Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2009, 09:07 AM   #377
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Royal Discourse 26 - A Royal Departure and Final Thoughts

Well, guys, this is it. I'm afraid this isn't going to be a big chapter, but in some ways I'm sure it will be profound.

I am for that, you know. Quality over quantity they say.

So I got one last little thing in the shop before we left, and that's what HRH calls "Goofy Gummies." They are actually the Goofy's Candy Co Mickey Mouse head gummies, and they're not only adorable, but he's seriously in love with them. I let him eat as much of the bag as he wanted on the plane ride home, and I don't remember where, but I read a great idea online where you play a little game while they're having the snack. It was basically which color gummie do you think is going to come out of the bag next? It kept him totally occupied and it was great.

Getting on to the plane (I realize I'm jumping here) was a bit difficult because HRH was asleep. Mom and Nana went on first, and Mom took the car seat, which was nice, but it left me to take a sleeping HRH out of his stroller and try to fold his car seat one handed.

If you're a parent you know how hard that is. Thank God some people saw me and sort of gave me a hand, and I don't know how, but I managed to get me, carrying him, and all our gear onto the plane.

Of course, he woke up as I was putting him into his seat, and that was fine. Break out the Goofy gummies! We had a fairly uneventful flight with the exception of HRH needing to use the restroom while the fast seatbelt sign was on and the flight attendant tried to nice me to death.

Um, excuse me? I invented that. Okay, maybe not, but I'm the queen of nicing people. Catch more flies with honey and all that. The difference here is that my nicing is genuine.

This...was not.

I said, "Excuse me, he needs to use the bathroom. Is it okay to get up?"

Annoyingly fake perky nice voice, "I Just Need to Tell You the Fasten Seatbelt Sign IS On!!!!" Big fake perky smile.

Grrr.

I asked again nicely, explaining that he really needed to go.

She told me the exact same thing.

GRRR.

Okay. I just need to tell you that we can either get up and use the restroom or my four year old will pee all over his car seat and you can smell urine for the rest of the flight. Fortunately, the filter between my brain and my mouth was working, and I didn't say that, and I didn't get stopped by security when we landed for threatening a flight attendant with my rapier wit.

Thank goodness. I prefer flying to Florida, it's so much quicker than driving, you know.

Anyway, other than that sad welcome back to reality...I always seem to have those on return flights, in regard to HRH the flight was totally uneventful. Went very well, even. We did use the restroom, he did make it in time, and all was well.

And when we landed and finally got to my mom's house I had never been so grateful to see my husband in my entire life.

Oh, thank god. Maybe one of my first thoughts was that he would give HRH a bath that night. That I wouldn't be waking up at 500am. I had to work the next day, but still. I had my backup. My DH. My Jack Sparrow. My pirate lord, if you will.

Anyhoo, I was happy to be home.

And I was relieved that the trip was over.

Don't get me wrong. I had some great moments. With just myself and HRH, with the whole clan. It was just fully exhausting in a way that I hadn't expected. And when we go with our whole big group, there's more of a buffer, and more people who are interested in keeping HRH entertained and it sort gives me a break. And I missed some of that one this trip. Missed it a lot actually. Missed DH and my FIL. They're so good at that.

And not that Mom and Nana aren't. I just think sometimes the expectations are unrealistic. Of me, and of HRH. And the pretty much continual undermining of parental authority wasn't helpful. And I'm sure if I brought it up, they wouldn't even see it that way. I'd sound ungrateful, and like I didn't appreciate anything, and like I didn't enjoy myself.

But I did, at certain points. And that's part of any trip. It's not Disney magic every step of the way. It's little moments that come together in your memory and make you think, you know, I may have had a hard time, but parts of that trip were soooo good.

And, all in all, I'm glad I went. We've had some health scares recently that have rocked me to my very core. And I won't go into it here, because it's personal. But at the time, all I could think was, I'm so glad I went on that trip. Even though I sometimes felt miserable, even though I was exhausted and cranky and expecting something different (why, I don't know, I've gone with Mom and Nana before), I was so glad I went.

Because you never know how much time you have with anyone who is important to you. And I'm reaching an age where that's becoming more and more obvious to me, and quite frankly, it scares me.

A lot.

So all I can do is live for today. To try to spend time with those people who are important to me.

Whether at the World or at home, it's important to remember that simple thing.

Life is nothing if you don't have people you love to share it with.

The End

which is really just a new beginning
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2009, 10:58 AM   #378
trixiequilts
DIS Veteran

Very profound indeed, TK.

Words of wisdom for us all.

Thanks so much for sharing your trip and your life with us!

My Trips: January 2009, October 2010, August 2011, February 2012, December 2012, November 2013, May 2014.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:17 AM   #379
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
And I hope you drag this out till you get back from your next trip...

Having said that...

Ok...I am so glad you dragged it out till your next TR!! You did it!!!!

I don't have to wait and wait for a new TK TR!

How cool is that?!
Old 06-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #380
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Your so much better than me. I would have probably snapped over the fake niceness and told her she was due for an accident then.

Really enjoyed the trip report and can't wait for the next one!!

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 06-01-2009, 04:23 PM   #381
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Thank you for that beautiful ending!!! What a wonderful way to wrap it all up!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 06-01-2009, 06:34 PM   #382
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiequilts View Post
Thanks so much for sharing your trip and your life with us!
Thank you for reading, and for letting me share it. Quite frankly, that you're all interested and invested in my stories sometimes amazes me (in a good way), and I'm grateful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
Ok...I am so glad you dragged it out till your next TR!! You did it!!!!

I don't have to wait and wait for a new TK TR!

How cool is that?!
I totally planned it that way, but just couldn't talk about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
Your so much better than me. I would have probably snapped over the fake niceness and told her she was due for an accident then.

Really enjoyed the trip report and can't wait for the next one!!
I wanted to, but I didn't have the energy. And it would be a bad example for the little nugget, I think.

Fortunately, the next TR is up and running, so no waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Thank you for that beautiful ending!!! What a wonderful way to wrap it all up!
You're welcome. Thank you for reading.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:37 PM   #383
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

What a beautiful and profound "ending." WDW is indeed a perfect place for making memories with the people you love. I think that may be partly why we all love it so much.

And how lucky are we that you are sneaking another TR in?! Good job keeping that quiet!

Looking forward to hearing about your next adventure. In the meantime, peace, love and pixie dust to you and your family!

Old 06-07-2009, 03:54 PM   #384
KeepSwimmingDory
DIS Veteran

Thanks for letting us share in your royal adventure. You will never forget that trip and I'm sure will treasure those memories even more as time goes on.

Old 06-08-2009, 05:47 AM   #385
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I think that may be partly why we all love it so much.
Agreed.

Quote:
And how lucky are we that you are sneaking another TR in?! Good job keeping that quiet!
That took huge restraint, let me tell you.

Quote:
Looking forward to hearing about your next adventure. In the meantime, peace, love and pixie dust to you and your family!
Thank you so much!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepSwimmingDory View Post
Thanks for letting us share in your royal adventure. You will never forget that trip and I'm sure will treasure those memories even more as time goes on.
Thank for sharing this with me! It's been a pleasure.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: