Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2008, 10:38 PM   #76
houseful of boys
Mouseketeer

Goodness, Perla, you've been busy writing this holiday weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by estherhead View Post
Got home and chitchatted about Boo and her shampoo experience (Suzy can tell ya) and our night. .
While Perla and Donald went on their date night, Milo and I were quite a tag team with all the kids. We had an assembly line with dinner promptly at 5:30. Kitchen cleaned immediately after. Milo swam and played UNO with the big kids. They all had a great time. I mostly watched the babies after dinner which I enjoyed. We read books and watched the kids in the pool.

The only mishap was after the kids came in from swimming. The house had a stairway that had both kids' bedrooms and bathrooms upstairs. We tried to keep the stairs gated off so the babies couldn't climb up. Well, I had taken the gate down for all of 3 minutes so the kids could go up, throw their wet suits in the tub, and get dressed in their pjs. I went up another 10 minutes later to make sure this had been succesfully accomplished. I checked on the girls who were dressed and watching their T.V. I checked on the boys who were dressed and watching their T.V. And as I turned to leave the boys' room I caught a glimpse of Jack-Jack's sippy cup on the floor. Slowly, it registered with me......How did that cup get up here? So I took a peek into the bathroom and there was Boo sitting on the bath mat with a brand new, full kids' Loreal Berry shampoo bottle upside down half empty and in the process of completely empty all over her and the rug. Whoops! How did she sneek up here? Oh well, when Perla and Donald came home Boo was VERY clean and smelled delicious and peacfully asleep in their bed.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:58 PM   #77
houseful of boys
Mouseketeer

My judgements on Blizzard Beach and DisneyQuest...

I did not enjoy these two places but it is not really a fair assessment. I went to a water park with a baby with an ear infection on a chilly, cloudy, windy morning. Needless to say I allowed him to wade for a couple minutes, he fell in, cried, got wrapped in a towel, and fell asleep on me. Then it proceeded to rain off and on while I was holding said wrapped up, sleeping baby. The rest of my family however loved this park. We would definately go again.

I also would not recommend taking a baby to DisneyQuest. There is just no reason to do it. It is noisy, dark with the glow of video games, and there really isn't a great flow to the place. No place to just let the baby down and wander. So I basically the whole time we were there held Jack-Jack and stood around. Not much fun. The other boys enjoyed it but only Buzz I think would put it on his "Let's go back" list. We left Milo, Buzz, and Charming there while we went shopping. We were going to meet at T-Rex at 4:45pm which worked out perfectly.

Quote:
Well, forget it. I wonít try to piece together what happened, Iíll let Suzy tell you what was happening with the rest of her family. Iíll tell you what happened with mine.

We had the babies & ice cream. And Ariel & Mulan. And we were ready to shop.

:
The reason you had both babies on the way to DTD was McQueen and I walked out to the car to get the Combi stroller. I wasn't sure if there was stroller parking at DisneyQuest out of the rain so I had left it in the van. But we had to have it for shopping and walking around DTD. We met up at Once Upon a Toy at the Build Your Own Lightsaber which McQueen did.

I loved, loved, loved T-Rex cafe. I thought it was beautifully themed (better the Rainforest) The other great thing was Jack-Jack slept through dinner. And the Mango Mojito was awesome. One of the server's teased me because I at one point was walking with a sleeping baby in one arm and a drink in the other. My dinner was O.K. I ordered roasted chicken with potatoes and baked beans. But I ordered it because I knew I could share pieces of it with the kids, which worked, but if I went back I would order something different. The chicken was on the dry side.

All in all this was a nice day. The walk back from Goofy's candy store to our van parked on the west side by Disney Quest was killer but even the kids made without too much whining.

Ready for Day 5

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2008, 09:36 AM   #78
estherhead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseful of boys View Post

The reason you had both babies on the way to DTD was McQueen and I walked out to the car to get the Combi stroller.
OK. This explains it. I was so baffled because I kept remember the Combi stroller in the stores but I knew for a fact we only had the two big double strollers when we left DQ. For the life of me I could not get the time line right in my head and the photos were just not sorting it out properly.

And yes, I was a busy little bee in the writing department. Unfortunately my power cord to my computer got severed this weekend so my computer is out of commission. I ordered a new one but it is currently in China waiting to ship out to me. So I'm not sure when I'll be posting a new day.

Donald might be nice and let me use his for hours at a time while at his family but he also might need it for his own Disney needs as he has been working in his own busy bee way on consolidating video and photos, etc to work on our own video. Last night his computer was tied up the entire evening rendering all the tidbits of videos and putting them on a DVD. We now have 2 DVDs full just of video! Milo was a videoing fool and we really have a lot. Plus 1300 photos. That is a lot to work through as we try to make an movie we make less than 30 minutes.

Hmm, 4 hours of video and 1300 photos into 30 minutes.

Ya'll may be waiting till next week for the next episode.

In the mean time I wanted to say that I would order something else at T-Rex too but I definitely would like to go back. I've been dreaming of Disney already even though we all have other trips to take that we are excited about. I just keep thinking about this or that and which tickets will I buy and what time of year I'd like to go. I'm pathetic.

My thought right now is I would love to go and get free dining with another family and stay on site but have the kids share a room and have Donald & I in our own room (probably with Boo). And maybe not have park hoppers. And drive down. So that would keep costs down. Without a baby & with all the electronics it's not so bad to do 14 hours. And maybe we could stop for 2 days in Charleston, S.C. and then go on to WDW and spend just 7 days. But do a park every day we're there.

Or... instead of stopping at Charleston maybe we could stay onsite at Universal for 2 nights and let the kids do the big rides there for 2 days with the FOTL passes and that would be our big splurge and then on to WDW.

But then, I did love having the house...

Good thing I have awhile to plan all this. The prospects are endless!
Old 12-29-2008, 11:32 AM   #79
houseful of boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
After everyone was back and all packed up we grabbed a funnel cake to share on our way out. Everyone grabbed a few pieces and it took the edge off our hunger.
This was an interesting side benefit for our kids to travel with two families. You know how when you're on vacation you give into your kid's requests more than at home? Like stopping for ice cream and funnel cakes? Well, when two families travel together, the kids get to double dip. Buzz had asked me for a funnel cake a few minutes before Donald got one and I had said, "no" (I'm not really a funnel cake person) But then when the other family said, "yes" it turned into a "yes" for everyone. When the boys got milkshakes at Sci-Fi diner, the girls got to get one too even though I saw on Perla's face that might not have been her first choice. In retrospect, I think it was pretty cool. No harm done, and the kid's got lots of treats. Ice cream and funnel cakes for everyone!

Old 12-29-2008, 03:53 PM   #80
NMW
DIS Veteran

Just subscribing awesome trip report
Old 12-29-2008, 04:11 PM   #81
scdvcwannabe
Earning My Ears

awesome report

Your report is detailed and informative. My sister in Tampa echoes your thoughts on Florida Walmarts. I can't wait to read about the rest of your trip!
Old 12-29-2008, 05:27 PM   #82
estherhead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMW View Post
Just subscribing awesome trip report
Thanks!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scdvcwannabe View Post
Your report is detailed and informative. My sister in Tampa echoes your thoughts on Florida Walmarts. I can't wait to read about the rest of your trip!
Oh my goodness! I got your very first post. I'm so honored. Welcome to the Disboards & beware, it's a very addicting crowd.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:17 PM   #83
estherhead
DIS Veteran

Just checking in and saying hey to all my readers. I'll be back as soon as my computer is up & running. And my kids are back in school.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:52 PM   #84
disney4us2002
Tagless by choice!!

Very fun read so far. I am feeling so torn reading, part of me misses this stage with my 3 boys who are now 12, 15, and 19 and part of me is thinking thank goodness I won't have a baby, stroller, diaper bag, and assorted crap at Disney. I'm amazed that you've reported many days so far without any real fighting!! It seems my dh & I always manage to have one big, ugly fight at Disney - mostly because I'm a type A planner and he is a go with the flow type that drives me batty! Nothing says vacation like ticked off people, lol.

My dh and big boys refuse to wear the matching shirts at this point but I think yours are great! The tie-die is very cool but I've never managed to make one myself.

How many scrapbook pages will you make with 1300 photos? It boggles the mind.

Old 01-02-2009, 06:51 AM   #85
estherhead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney4us2002 View Post
Very fun read so far. I am feeling so torn reading, part of me misses this stage with my 3 boys who are now 12, 15, and 19 and part of me is thinking thank goodness I won't have a baby, stroller, diaper bag, and assorted crap at Disney. I'm amazed that you've reported many days so far without any real fighting!! It seems my dh & I always manage to have one big, ugly fight at Disney - mostly because I'm a type A planner and he is a go with the flow type that drives me batty! Nothing says vacation like ticked off people, lol.

My dh and big boys refuse to wear the matching shirts at this point but I think yours are great! The tie-die is very cool but I've never managed to make one myself.

How many scrapbook pages will you make with 1300 photos? It boggles the mind.
I'm torn about loving having a baby and wishing she would grow up! Jack-Jack was a total surprise. Suzy certainly didn't plan on having 4 kids. But we do pretty good, quite frankly. So I guess it's OK that she and I became the quintessential MOM. It definitely does define what we can & cannot do. I think both families are looking forward to a few years from now when we can have a tiny bit of freedom. McQueen was the perfect age this time. We thoroughly enjoyed him and he was almost enough on his own to make us glad we went with Suzy & Milo.

As for fighting, we can have a good knock down, drag out fight like the rest of them. That is actually why Suzy & I planned so thoroughly & so precisely.
To avoid the fighting. And we were very proud of ourselves because it did work.

Donald says it's not fighting. It's aggressive negotiation.

The scrapbooking is a big issue in my mind so it is funny you bring it up. It actually kept me awake last night. That's sad, isn't it? I just kept pondering & pondering as I want to order photos today so they are here by next week. And I'm just so worried. I really don't want a scrapbook the size of my kitchen. For one trip to Disney. And yet... We have some killer photos.

I guess I'll just have to make the hard calls as I'm sorting. I still haven't done 2007's trip! And we had over 600 from there. 300 just Photopass.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:21 PM   #86
cjsteiger
Mouseketeer

I'm loving your TR. Subbing
I just wanted to tell you that we stay at the Fort Wildreness Cabins and we love it. We have only 4 people but it can sleep 6 and you have a full kitchen with all the necessary cooking untensils, a dishwasher and mousekeeping everyday. This would fullfill your husbands onsite desire and yours for a house. We first stayed here because my parents stay in their motorhome and we wanted to be close but this year when they weren't coming we decided to stay there as we like the house feeling as opposed to a room. Now they are coming (I knew they would) and we will be able to be near each other.

Looking forward to reading more.

Cheryl

Me DH DD 15 DS 12

Old 01-02-2009, 08:35 PM   #87
estherhead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsteiger View Post
I'm loving your TR. Subbing
I just wanted to tell you that we stay at the Fort Wildreness Cabins and we love it. We have only 4 people but it can sleep 6 and you have a full kitchen with all the necessary cooking untensils, a dishwasher and mousekeeping everyday. This would fullfill your husbands onsite desire and yours for a house. We first stayed here because my parents stay in their motorhome and we wanted to be close but this year when they weren't coming we decided to stay there as we like the house feeling as opposed to a room. Now they are coming (I knew they would) and we will be able to be near each other.

Looking forward to reading more.

Cheryl
Fort Wilderness has always appealed to me. Is it expensive?
Old 01-03-2009, 01:04 PM   #88
cjsteiger
Mouseketeer

This is the 2009 Pricing on the Cabins

The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
from $265*Value Season
(1/01 - 2/12)
(7/19 - 10/01)
(11/29 - 12/17)

from $315*Regular Season
(3/30 - 7/19)
(10/2 - 11-29)

n/a Summer Season

from $355* Peak Season
(2/14 - 3/29)

from $395* Holiday Season
(12/19 - 12/31)

n/a Pre-Holiday Season

We always go in Peak Season because my hubby is a teacher so we go over the president's holiday as his school gets the whole week off. The kids are in a different district and they only get one day, bummer.

This is the first time ever we have gotten a deal. I was able to use the 4 for 2 deal and got the $200 GC. As you can see I'm very happy.
Cheryl

Me DH DD 15 DS 12

Old 01-04-2009, 11:29 AM   #89
caa1277
American by birth............Grumpy by choice!

Really enjoting your TR so far. Can't wait to read more!
DIS Dad's Club Member #122

Me DW DS(17) DD(13)

July 2007-Pop Century; June 2009-Pop Century; June 2011-Caribbean Beach; June 2013-POR
Old 01-04-2009, 03:18 PM   #90
CAJS04
Mouseketeer

Subscribing. This is great! Keep up the good work!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: