Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2009, 07:24 AM   #136
estherhead
DIS Veteran

Sorry JPFamilyMom. I even scanned the thread for the ages as I was just sure you had already told us. Sometimes I am not very good at message boards.

So, yes, do what Suzy says. Character meetings are a huge highlight at DHS. You could almost spend an entire day just doing that! There are the usual ones and lots of others. Also, there are nooks and crannies to explore, like the playground the boys played at. And Pizza Planet is a sure fire winner of a place to eat with kids your age.

The reason Steve Soares is such a great resource is that for parks like DHS and AK it is all about getting the timing of the shows right. And in slow times they don't have very many of the big shows so you have to make those a priority.

So it's nice to have the show times before you arrive.

Also, the single rider line of Rockin Rollercoaster goes very fast. Even when we had only little ones, Donald and I would take the time to each ride it as we love roller coasters. So if you like that kind of thing, you can squeeze it in.

But I have girls. So I won't tell you what we would go see when my big kids were little. But I will say this, Beauty and the Beast is a waaaaay better show than Indiana Jones. Sugar and Spice and everything nice...
Old 01-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #137
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Thanks ladies, you two are a riot. I would LOVE to see Beauty and the Beast, but probably wouldn't go over too well with my crew, what is a Mom to do with a houseful of boys (well one of you knows )

That playground looked like a blast. I have some added issues with my planning, so we would probably skip the indy show too and just do the cars action one. My older son has some sensory issues. I'll be bringing ear plugs for him, but he LOVES cars and stunts and things so we will probably do that over indy.

can't wait to read more...
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2009, 02:57 PM   #138
estherhead
DIS Veteran

Day 5 cont.

OK, so this is where my entire day starts to get sketchy for me. Unbeknownst to me I was getting sincerely sick. Just a tiny bit of background: As a child I was sick a lot with ear, nose, and throat issues. I had my tonsils taken out when I was 9 and am partially deaf in my left ear from something or another. 4 years ago my tonsils bizarrely grew back and I had them taken out again. Thatís right, I said I had my tonsils taken out twice. And in addition to being sick for a year and a half, I almost died. Seriously. The reason you need to know this is I have suffered a HUGE part of my life with extreme sore throats. Iím not really sure even how to describe it except to say that it is intense enough that I can put the pain in a bubble and it is all by itself and I am separate from it. Crazy? Perhaps. Iím just telling you this as youíll need to know about this to understand the rest of my story.

I was not in this kind of painÖ yet. I was taking 1 Ibuprofen and 2 Tylenol about every 6-8 hours and had a dull ache. I had no fever, no symptoms, no nothing. Just a sore throat which I had had for a couple days and pain killer totally took away.

So my sore throat was starting to build and I didnít want to take any medicine because I wanted the info of how bad it was.

So back to the trip: We called Suzy & they were still riding something so we went and rode Buzz Lightyear as it was a walk-on. I like this ride a lot, but I did like Toy Story Mania better if Iím allowed to compare them. The thing is, I always feel like itís kind of random on Buzz. I have a hard time keeping track of my laser and therefore feel like Iím not really aiming but just shooting crazily. I spun a lot this time as I was looking for the secret max out your score aim behind me. I never found it but I did shoot something that made me have a giant score.

As we came off Suzy & gang were waiting for us and we headed over to Stitch. Which was one of the things that Donald and the big kids really wanted to do this time. I did not want to be burped on so I more than happily stayed off. Suzy and I just sat outside and waited. And got Space Mt. FPís.

By the time they got off of this it was time for Dream Along With Mickey. This is not something I would normally do but last time Suzy and her boys had been to MK Buzz had been very disappointed they hadnít seen it so it was on our must do list. We decided to exit Tomorrowland and just hop into Cosmic Rayís and grab lunch and eat lunch while watching the show and then go back for our Space Mt. FPís before heading over to Frontierland.

And this is where I had a tiny bit of a meltdown. It pretty much lasted off & on the rest of the day.

All week I had ran and got food and gotten what everyone else wanted and then not had anything to eat as they gobbled it all up. So this time I got PLENTY of food. Chicken & ribs & mashed potatoes and green beans and french fries. It was healthy and it was plentiful and it was tasty and there was a huge variety to make everyone happy. But Donald didnít want to eat it.

ďArenít you hungry?Ē
ďYes, Iím very hungry but Iím not in the mood for that.Ē

ďIím not in the mood for thatĒ is one of those phrases that I feel only teenagers should say. I know a lot of adults say it too, but my inner feeling is adults who are hungry should eat what is put in front of them and be happy about it. Or go get something else without a word. It is a big time hot button with me.

So I sat down to eat with my girls who were very much enjoying the food. Bizarrely enough, even without Donald eating a bite, we almost finished everything on the tray while we enjoyed watching the very cool Forecourt Castle show.

As soon as Suzy was done eating she ran to grab FPís to Thunder Canyon. The girls and I were finishing eating and Jack-Jack had fallen asleep. Which left Donald hungry and bored. And he said, ďI feel like Iíve just sat around and not done anything today.Ē

Now this simply ticked me off, especially since I was a bit on edge from the ďnot in the moodĒ thing and my pain was building. And pain always puts a person in a bit of a touchy mood.

I wanted to just scream, which would have hurt. ďOf course we havenít accomplished our normal amount as you were wasting our precious first 20-30 minutes pin trading and getting silly Photopass photos taken. So then we had to wait for Space Mt. and miss the Tink rope drop and THEN you had us wait for you to see stupid Stitch which never has a line and can be done at any time. So now weíve burnt up all the prime, no lines time following your stupid ďchillingĒ plan and we have to go BACK into Tomorrowland when we should have been done with it. Weíre trying desperately to make the most of this dumb ole ďchillingĒ plan by thinking ahead and getting FPís for a now crowded Frontierland when we should all be over eating a leisurely lunch. And then you wouldn't be so darn hungry and cranky.

So you can take your "not in the mood" and "easy-going philosophy" and shove them!

But guess what? I didnít say one word of this. I simply said, ďYouíll be grateful later when we have those FPís.Ē And I kept my mouth shut. But, disloyal though it may be, I DID express my frustration to Suzy who gave me a hug and laughed and said maybe Donald would understand precious opening time from now on.

Cause you know what? You can chill in the a.m. and not accomplish anything. Or you can bust your butt and race around in the a.m. and accomplish a lot and then chill later. Either style is just fine. What you canít do is chill in the a.m. and then complain about not accomplishing a lot. At least not around me. Cause itíll tick me off.

We then went and saw Laugh Floor. Our timing was perfect and we basically walked right in. But it did mean we didnít get seats that gave us an option of being picked. This is unfortunate as between Jedi Academy and other choosing audience members shows, McQueen was starting to get a complex that he was not chosen for anything. And the other silly thing is that Jack-Jack had fallen asleep and so Suzy didnít get to ride and therefore had sat out for Stitch, had sat for the show, and now had to sit out for this show. HmmmÖ now whoís bored?

After this I got to ride Space Mt. with the kids and a more than happy to do something Suzy while Donald put Boo to sleep with Jack-Jack. Yea Donald.

Say it with me, "Thank you Suzy & Donald!"

After this we went to ride Big Thunder Canyon. Donald still had nothing to eat so he and I sat out so I could stay with the sleeping babies while he grabbed lunch. He got something he really loved so that was good. By this point the painkiller was totally out of my system and I was sitting on a wall watching the lady in charge of the FP area and pondering my situation. As I knew things were not good. But I havenít had strep throat since I had my tonsils taken out again and even though Iím a strep carrier I believed quite strongly that I would not get strep again. I couldnít. No tonsils, no strep.

But obviously something was wrong. What to do, what to do. I did what any one of you would have done. I got out my backpack and took more Ibuprofen and Tylenol. So there. Goshdarnit, people, I was at Disney World. You just suck it up and take it.

Then the babies woke up and ran around and the kids got off and pressed pennies. And then I got to ride. Weeee! Love this ride.

Then we met Peter Pan, who loved our t-shirts. And looked exactly like our cousin. Our girl cousin. The kids loved Peter Pan. But Donald, Suzy, and I were a bit creeped out by him.

Rode Pirates.

Got our photos taken with Cpt. Hook.

Rode Aladdins carpets.

None of these had any lines at all, surprisingly. At this point we decided to get ice cream. Oh, OK, I talked everyone into it because I thought it would feel good on my throat. Aloha Aisle!!! Wanna know what? That pineapple ice cream was my favorite thing the entire day. It put me in a happy mood.

We were supposed to be eating/drinking our ice cream on our way out but we got caught by the parade going on. So we got stopped and just watched while we ate. Then we exited.

When we got to the monorail we asked if we could ride up front. Sure, but only 4 and one needs to be an adult. Thatís not so good. We needed Ariel, Mulan, Buzz, and McQueen. So Donald solved the issue by saying he would take whoever wanted to and get on a different monorail to Epcot! He just hadnít had true fun yet and Future World always cheers him up. So Ariel, McQueen, and Charming went with him. We made arrangements to pick them up at I think 5:00?

Here is the Epcot gang:

So Buzz & Mulan and I rode up front. While Suzy took the babies in the car behind us.

Thanks Suzy! This was totally awesome so I need to tell you. One of the reasons there was enough time to make alternative arrangements to Epcot is because a monorail was broken and was being towed. We got to see it being towed right in front of us. I have video. The driver told us almost no guest has ever seen this and he had only seen it twice his whole career. He told us all about it and was quite informative. I remember none of it. But it was really nice and special.

Then we drove home and got a bite to eat. I chased babies while Mulan and Buzz played DS against each other. And Suzy & Milo went on a date night. They had missed their original date night because of Jack-Jack being ill.

Then I made the babies dinner and read them books. At some point Donald called and told me what they had done and we made arrangements to meet. I got everyone ready and wrote down the Pizza Hut number as I had promised Charming he got to pick dinner and when given a choice, Charming ALWAYS picks Pizza Hut.

I got to Epcot super quick and asked the CM at the parking gate the easiest way to pick someone up. He said to go to the kennel and pointed. I thought I had gone the right way, but I hadnít. I was lost in the Epcot parking lot. I drove around and started to get stressed as Jack-Jack is not the best rider and he started yelping.

I finally found a close spot and called Donald. They had decided to squeeze one more thing and we were early so they were stuck inside somewhere. Jack-Jack was REALLY cranky and Buzz was yelling, ďMAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOPĒ over and over again.

I sat there feeling my blood pressure rising. And the only thing running through my head wasÖ ďWhy are men so clueless?Ē I love my dh. He is the best of the best as far as men go. But the reality is, men are clueless just in general. Itís irritating, ya know?

I didnít have a strong enough voice to calm Buzz down so I just made everyone get out and we walked to the front of Epcot to wait for the gang. I was in a terrible mood, as you can tell from this TR, and I was beyond stressed out. Just thinking about it makes me tear up a little bit even still. It was horrible. And I didnít tell anyone because there wasnít really anything they could do. Well, everyone but Donald. And I didnít tell him for other reasons. Heís really weird about the strep throat thing and me too and itís such a long story I donít feel like telling it. But I didnít tell him because I didnít want him to know. And because I didnít have a feverÖ.

But the interesting thing is that despite my mood and my pain, walking up to the Epcot gate made me happy. Just the act of walking onto the property of a Disney property made everything OK. I know this is crazy, but it was true. And when I saw the gang and they were so happy I just felt happy and peaceful inside.

We climbed back into the van, ordered our pizza and I made a stop at a drug store to get my own bottle of Ibuprofen. I got 25 Ibuprofen and 50 Tylenol. This comes into the story later.

On the way home Jack-Jack finally fell asleep. I was so grateful you have no idea. We got home & we all had pizza. Well, we didnít really eat very much of it. I had a half a piece because I was too sick to be hungry, Buzz & Mulan and the babies had already had dinner. And I think Donald may have eaten some leftovers. So I guess I should say Ariel and Charming had pizza.

I was able to transfer Jack-Jack to bed still sleeping soundly. Everyone but me went swimming and then Donald did a treasure hunt for the kids which they thoroughly enjoyed. After this I got Boo to sleep and Donald pretty much all by himself got everyone else into jammies and brushed teeth. Once I was sure it was all calm, I went to bed.

And that was the end of my day.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:33 PM   #139
Kimmy
Mouseketeer

Sorry to hear you got sick. I like the picture of you & Suzy in the photopass line! Everyone gets that look at least in WDW! The photopass of both families at HS is very nice.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:59 PM   #140
houseful of boys
Mouseketeer

Just a couple of comments.....

None of us knew how sick Perla was getting. She hid it well. I knew she was getting sick but for her to have a sore throat is not all that uncommon.

My day as a "single mom" went really well. The boys had a great time but we all missed Milo. For him to miss McQueen's first Space Mt. ride and POC was disappointing. But he had recovered well at home and was ready to carry on.

The only eventful thing that happened that Perla didn't mention was this was the only day we almost lost a kid.

As we walked up to The Magic Carpets there was not much of a line so we kind of threw the strollers to the side and all hopped in line before anyone else noticed. So we're walking through the maze happily all of us in green talking amongst ourselves and those around us. We've been in line for a few minutes and we're near the front when Perla says, "Why is McQueen on the outside of the gate?" What?? What do you mean? And sure enough McQueen was not in line with us but standing big-eyed outside the queue area. One of us reached down and pulled him over to where we were and he says, "I thought I was lost forever." Poor kid. We hadn't even realized he was gone. He had gotten seperated from us when we hurridly got in line and he didn't see where the opening for the line was. So he had walked all around the outside of the ride by himself and then said he made his way back to the strollers. Thank goodness, he was big enough to know where our strollers were and thank goodness our strollers were right by the fence. He was a little traumatized and I felt guilty that I wasn't becuase I hadn't even had the little moment of panic that you get when your kid is missing (believe me I've been there before). But within seconds we were on the carpets riding along and moment forgotten.

I'll post about my date night later tonight.......

Old 01-10-2009, 06:22 PM   #141
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Now I'm on pins and needles to hear how the illness worked out.

And of course I want to hear about date night, always exciting when you are a mom
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 01-10-2009, 06:23 PM   #142
estherhead
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness, I totally forgot about the lost McQueen. I lose a kid every time I'm at Disney. Last year it was Ariel at All Star Sports. Poor McQueen.

We did hop on that ride really quickly.

That also is the issue with a parent missing in our group. The kid/adult ratio was just plain off.

We got all our photos printed tonight. I printed almost 375 total. Suzy had about 250. But I think she's gonna need more...
Old 01-10-2009, 06:37 PM   #143
estherhead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
Sorry to hear you got sick. I like the picture of you & Suzy in the photopass line! Everyone gets that look at least in WDW! The photopass of both families at HS is very nice.
Wouldn't it be nice to just ONCE have a trip to WDW and not ever have to have that look? Yeah, right.

I just printed out that DHS photo and it is so good. McQueen is very cute in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
Now I'm on pins and needles to hear how the illness worked out.

And of course I want to hear about date night, always exciting when you are a mom
I'm looking forward to hearing about date night too. Every detail, Suzy, ya hear?
Old 01-10-2009, 06:37 PM   #144
houseful of boys
Mouseketeer

Milo and Suzy's date night....

Let me just say Milo and I don't do much together without our kids. So we had been excited to have the chance to trade date nights with Donald and Perla. We talked and talked about what to do. I debated about having a nice dinner at Flying Fish or doing something in Orlando not Disney. But when it comes down to it Milo and I are very frugal when it comes to ourselves. We were at Disney, we had tickets that were already paid for and Milo LOVES Epcot World Showcase. So I had the idea that we could "eat around the world" and he wanted to peruse the shops around the world without little fingers touching all the breakables.

So that's what we decided to do. I got home from my day at MK to find Milo ready to go. Believe it or not even though he had been vomiting less than 24 hours before he still was ready to eat. So I left Jack Jack and Buzz with Perla(McQueen and Charming were at Epcot with Donald) and we took off.

We just walked straight to Mexico and got started. We went into the Pyramid and explored. I discovered that there is a fancier store in an actual room in there aside from the market carts. They sell silver, leather, and other nice stuff from Mexico. I have been into Mexico many times and had never noticed this place so that was a good start to our "grown up trip around the world."

Then we stopped and got a Fiesta Margarita from Joe at the margarita stand.
This was disappointing. It is a layered margarita with green apple, mango, strawberry, and traditional. I had two problems with this, one was I didn't really like all the flavors, the strawberry was good but I would have passed on the other three. Secondly, it was freezing this night. It got to a record low late that night of 39 degrees to give you an idea. A frozen drink may not have been the best choice.

On the top right is the margarita (obviously) then we stopped at the Norway bakery and got school bread (bottom) and Lefse Bread (top left). This was my first school bread experience and I fell in love. It was so good and I'm not a pastry or donut person normally but this was delicious. The lefse bread did not get finished as it was pretty bland and I had no interest in it.

We then walked through the shops in Norway, past the perfume lady and into the back where for a moment I imagined how fun it would be to wear all those cool clothes and go skiing and dog sledding and snow shoeing across Norway until I stepped back outside where it was 40 degrees and I quickly decided a tropical island would be more my speed.

Next we went to China and had Pot Stickers and Plum Wine. Our CM was Yuet Sheung. (I took note of all our servers' names because it made me feel more authentic in our trek.)

I like pot stickers so I was happy with this. Then we walked through all the fancy chinese furniture and oohed and awed.

On to Germany. Here we went to the counter service (which I didn't even know existed) and ordered a Bratwurst with Sauerkraut from Markus.

Oh, and two little Mozart chocolates from the store. This was a decent brat but we're from Ohio and we eat brats a lot in the summer so it was no big deal.

Off to Italy where there is no counter service but there is La Bottega Italiana where we ordered a glass of Spumante from Eleanor.

Then we walked around the square and watched the players for a while. But it was too cold to stay for long. ( I want to add that I was wearing a long sleeve shirt, a courderoy jacket and my wool winter coat )

Then we went to Yakatori House in Japan and had Hot Sake and California rolls. We were served by Nga.

This was one of my favorites. I'm not an expert of Sushi but for me it was really good. And we were able to sit inside the restaurant where it was warm and just took our time.

Morrocco was next. We love Morrocco. The theming is so nice. You really feel like you're in another world. We walked around and then ordered the Combo Chicken and Lamb platter with a glass of red wine. Our CM was Hajiba EL AKFI

This came with bread, chicken and lamb in some yogurt sauce, hummus, and tabbouleh. We both enjoyed this tremendously.

Then we stopped and watched the American Adventure. We had never seen this before and I've always wanted to. I really enjoyed it. (and it was warm )

Then off to finish up in the France Bakery. We were served by Ornella and ordered a lemon tart and Chocolate eclair.

Out of the two I liked the lemon tart better even though I am a huge chocolate person. The eclair just wasn't as fresh as I would prefer.

We then got our picture taken in front of the fountain.

Can you tell it's been a long day for me? I was tired. I had been up early that morning listening to Milo being sick, took the boys solo to MK, and then took my DH on a walk around the world . And did I mention it was COLD!?!

Anyway, we had ADR for the Rose and Crown later in the week and Milo wanted to buy a bottle of Norwegian whiskey that he had spotted earlier, so we went back the way we came and headed to the exit.

As we were leaving, there was no line for Spaceship Earth and I wanted to see the new version so we ran in there. I loved it. We emailed ourselves our crazy pictures (if you've ridden you know what I'm talking about) and headed home.

When we got back into the van the thermometer read 44 degress. In Orlando. In early December. Bummer!

All in all we had a good time. We spent less then $80 on our dinner and were kidless. So that was a success. Unfortunately, it was not the casual stroll hand in hand stopping and looking over the lagoon on a bench that I had hoped for simply because it was too cold for that. I would like to go back and do something similar on a date night and get another chance, maybe next time.

We were home by 10:00pm where I found everyone in bed except Charming who was on the couch dozing with a sleeping Jack Jack. Sweet, mothering Charming.....Perla was sick and Jack Jack had woken up around 9:00 crying so Charming had taken care of him. I took Jack Jack and sent Charming to bed and that was the end of another monster day.

Whew, will we ever take it easy?

Old 01-10-2009, 06:47 PM   #145
estherhead
DIS Veteran

Wow! A post while I was still reading.

Did you literally make a note of the names or you made a mental note? Cause if it was mental notes you are a truly amazing person. I don't even remember losing McQueen without a note. You remember Yuet.

Stay tuned because in two days I have a note about ordering that same chocolate eclair and my great disappointment. So funny!
Old 01-10-2009, 09:48 PM   #146
disney4us2002
Tagless by choice!!

I don't read a lot of trip reports but I have to say it is cool reading the two of you trading off. Are you writing here or writing in Word and then copying? I can't figure out how you are remembering to use Buzz, Ariel, McQueen, Charming, Perla, Milo, etc. rather than real names. It is totally impressive. Never having had daughters it is interesting to read the daily adventures for girls. I read some of Suzy's reports and it could've been written about my experiences with my three boys. While I miss the girlie stuff and princess stuff, my heart so belongs to little boys. I don't have any sisters and I'm really jealous of your adventures together. It sounds like you all get along so well.

Totally OT comment to Perla (I think). I have a herniated disc in my neck and occasionally it flares up big time. ONE motrin/advil wouldn't even touch the pain. My doc has advised me that I can take up to 6 at once as that is the prescription dose. I'm not recommending you take that many for your throat pain, but 1 pill is the same dose you could give your little one. You could easily take 3 or 4 without any adverse side effects. Sorry to hear you were so ill. I had my tonsils removed at 19 and I clearly remember how awful it was. I can't begin to imagine them growing back.

Incidentally, every family vacation we've EVER taken, some one has had to be seen at a medical clinic. It never fails.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:55 PM   #147
houseful of boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by estherhead View Post

Did you literally make a note of the names or you made a mental note? Cause if it was mental notes you are a truly amazing person.
As much as I want to say, yes, I remembered all that, I noticed that the names are actually printed on the receipts so I decided to save them for my scrapbook, of course.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:59 PM   #148
BenA81
is it a golf ball?

i've enjoyed reading this TR so far, thanks for all the work you have put into it, I've been taking lots of notes!

A date night to World showcase is a great idea! Keep up the good work!
Old 01-10-2009, 11:08 PM   #149
houseful of boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney4us2002 View Post
Are you writing here or writing in Word and then copying? I can't figure out how you are remembering to use Buzz, Ariel, McQueen, Charming, Perla, Milo, etc. rather than real names. It is totally impressive.

I can't speak for Perla, but I'm writing directly on disboards. The funny thing about the names is that I'm so immersed in this TR that I find myself calling the kids their code names. I was with Perla the other day and she called her little one, "Boo" so I know she is having the same problem.

Quote:
I don't have any sisters and I'm really jealous of your adventures together. It sounds like you all get along so well.
We are very lucky to have each other. We're the couple that you're not sure where one's ideas or sentences starts and the other's ends, if you know what I mean. The only downside is we can be a lot to handle in real life. Which is why when we travel together we have to be extra careful not to overwhelm our DHs with our "oneness of mind." They don't like that very much .

Old 01-11-2009, 07:00 AM   #150
estherhead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't read a lot of trip reports but I have to say it is cool reading the two of you trading off. Are you writing here or writing in Word and then copying? I can't figure out how you are remembering to use Buzz, Ariel, McQueen, Charming, Perla, Milo, etc. rather than real names. It is totally impressive. Never having had daughters it is interesting to read the daily adventures for girls. I read some of Suzy's reports and it could've been written about my experiences with my three boys. While I miss the girlie stuff and princess stuff, my heart so belongs to little boys. I don't have any sisters and I'm really jealous of your adventures together. It sounds like you all get along so well.

Totally OT comment to Perla (I think). I have a herniated disc in my neck and occasionally it flares up big time. ONE motrin/advil wouldn't even touch the pain. My doc has advised me that I can take up to 6 at once as that is the prescription dose. I'm not recommending you take that many for your throat pain, but 1 pill is the same dose you could give your little one. You could easily take 3 or 4 without any adverse side effects. Sorry to hear you were so ill. I had my tonsils removed at 19 and I clearly remember how awful it was. I can't begin to imagine them growing back.

Incidentally, every family vacation we've EVER taken, some one has had to be seen at a medical clinic. It never fails.
I probably should have had boys as I'm not a naturally princessy type person. At first I wouldn't buy any stuff and tried to not do the pink thing. But it was just impossible once I had 2! and then 3! So now we are immersed. There is even a pink bedroom in our house. It's been fun but I think both Suzy and I would have loved at least one of the other sex, ya know? So we just live vicariously through each other.

And we do get along great. All four of us. Milo and I have run together before (like for training) and it has really bonded us as we had time to get to know each other on a one on one basis. And Suzy and Donald are big time family people, just immersed in their families so that gives them a common bond too. And we have the same interests.

We didn't naturally all get along when Suzy & I chose our mates, but after 15+ years we've all grown on each other and I would say there is true love & affection for the other family from and for all.

As for the names, some of them are so good it's easy. Boo sincerely looks like Boo from Monsters. I think I'm going to make it her nickname cause I love it. Charming is perfect. Buzz is perfect. Suzy is really good too. Donald I struggle with as I do with Perla. Why is it we can't name ourselves good things? I type mostly in Word and copy but I also just type on here for the smaller reports. I'll have to go through at the end and copy those & Suzy's into Word so I'll have the whole thing permanently on my hard drive.

As for the pain thing, thanks for the note. I'm not a painkiller person. I try to just suffer through the pain, so the fact I was taking any at all shows it was getting bad. Suzy was also in pain and didn't take painkiller on this trip. She had something wrong with her foot and limped along. But it does make me feel a little better about not destroying my liver as at the end of this tale I have a little painkiller incident.

We also visit the clinic on vacation often. Sad, but true. Oh well, you get to see more of the town you're visiting.

Thanks for reading! Suzy and I are really enjoy ourselves.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: